Mein Leben Runs.

On 9/25/2022 at 7:33 PM, jaehyun1009 said:

I've hit a mental block in the main campaign, keep dying to silly deaths in first couple chapters. So I tried the last remaining freedom chronicles challenge that I had trouble with a while back, specifically the nightmare simulation.

Honestly after struggling a bit with it, it turned out it was just a matter of knowing where a few of these enemies spawn because their spawn points are fixed and the announcer has a pretty good indicator for when the next wave of enemies spawn. Still did a fist pump after beating it.

Reveal hidden contents

MclFOen.jpg

I'm glad these challenges don't have a points requirement either. That was a pain in Old Blood. I'm gonna go for the mein leben trophies on FC and take a short break with a different game before tackling this beast once more, hopefully the last of my attempts.

It's tough. I had my ass handed to me when I tried out this game on my alt not too long ago on one of the harder difficulties. And while most people don't care for DLC in regards to trophies, I'm a completionist and each of the DLC packs have their own Mein Leben which means I have to do Mein Leben a total of four times, including the base game.

I thought about doing games like The Evil Within and Shadow Warrior just so I can mentally prepare myself a little more, but I don't see the point. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus will be difficult regardless if you did games like Max Payne 3 in the past.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

It's tough. I had my ass handed to me when I tried out this game on my alt not too long ago on one of the harder difficulties. And while most people don't care for DLC in regards to trophies, I'm a completionist and each of the DLC packs have their own Mein Leben which means I have to do Mein Leben a total of four times, including the base game.

I thought about doing games like The Evil Within and Shadow Warrior just so I can mentally prepare myself a little more, but I don't see the point. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus will be difficult regardless if you did games like Max Payne 3 in the past.

The farthest I've gotten in a Mein Leben run was New Orleans at night when I died running up the stairs because I forgot several nazis and a dog spawns as I run up the building at the end of the level. Which is still way further than I ever anticipated getting to because I died to THE first enemy when I started IADI for the first time. Now I can complete the first few levels on sheer reflex (I say that as I continue dying to silly deaths here and there in these levels... lmao). I lost count of how many tries I'm on right now, but it's probably at around 50 if I had to take a wild guess. Over the past 8 months.

Looking at your platinum list I'm positive you have the skills to complete this difficulty, it's just a matter of how many hours you want to dedicate to learning level layouts and formulating your strategies for those levels, and not making careless mistakes like I did in the scenario I described earlier. I did it and still continue to try completing Mein Leben because I love this series and the gunplay in this game. (btw we don't talk about the "sequel" to this)

DLC Mein Lebens are a cakewalk compared to the main game especially since you only need to complete the last chapter on Mein Leben for each of the 3 chronicles. I completed all 3 of them in a day and a few hours (not in pure game time). I would actually even say the nightmare challenge was harder than 2 of the 3 levels (one not here being gunslinger joe) on Mein Leben.

Interesting you mention Evil Within, since I'm probably going to start that in a few months. But I have couple other games I want to play before I get to it.

Edited by jaehyun1009
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, MemegodOshi said:

I am so mad. I finally did the encounter on top of the airship. I was freaking out, and so I was celebrating. But I had a power outtage before I did it, and now I generally feel like I wanna die...........

damn todd howard went too far this time by cutting your power. i wish you luck for the next run

On 29/09/2022 at 1:28 AM, jaehyun1009 said:

The farthest I've gotten in a Mein Leben run was New Orleans at night when I died running up the stairs because I forgot several nazis and a dog spawns as I run up the building at the end of the level. Which is still way further than I ever anticipated getting to because I died to THE first enemy when I started IADI for the first time. Now I can complete the first few levels on sheer reflex (I say that as I continue dying to silly deaths here and there in these levels... lmao). I lost count of how many tries I'm on right now, but it's probably at around 50 if I had to take a wild guess. Over the past 8 months.

Looking at your platinum list I'm positive you have the skills to complete this difficulty, it's just a matter of how many hours you want to dedicate to learning level layouts and formulating your strategies for those levels, and not making careless mistakes like I did in the scenario I described earlier. I did it and still continue to try completing Mein Leben because I love this series and the gunplay in this game. (btw we don't talk about the "sequel" to this)

DLC Mein Lebens are a cakewalk compared to the main game especially since you only need to complete the last chapter on Mein Leben for each of the 3 chronicles. I completed all 3 of them in a day and a few hours (not in pure game time). I would actually even say the nightmare challenge was harder than 2 of the 3 levels (one not here being gunslinger joe) on Mein Leben.

Interesting you mention Evil Within, since I'm probably going to start that in a few months. But I have couple other games I want to play before I get to it.

Use my guide , it is on a thread here, i can assure you will do it following it

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, TriadThunder-X said:

Have you been sitting underneath the table?

Nope, I go behind the ammo crates. Would you recommend the table? Every time I practice the table, it takes forever. 

11th attempt ended trying to do that ceiling glitch in level 2, 

12th attempt ended in the first level, when you go down the pipe and there’s those 4 guys. Normally that bit goes well, must’ve been rushing. No excuse.

13th attempt ended in New Orleans, probably the easiest bit but somehow muffed it. In the streets killing those 4 guards, just before going into that building, at least I got past courtroom. 

5 minutes ago, closertim said:

Would you recommend the table? Every time I practice the table, it takes forever.

The bench strategy is slower but hands down much safer in my opinion. I tried the ammo crate couple times but those grenades are unpredictable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, closertim said:

Nope, I go behind the ammo crates. Would you recommend the table? Every time I practice the table, it takes forever.

56 minutes ago, HusKy said:

The bench strategy is slower but hands down much safer in my opinion. I tried the ammo crate couple times but those grenades are unpredictable.

As Husky says, it's alot safer. The only tough part about it is running up the stairs shortly after the Panzers spawn in as the dog can spawn weird.

All the times I beat ML on other accounts I used the bench and have had minimal issues.

On 10/26/2022 at 0:52 PM, closertim said:

11th attempt ended trying to do that ceiling glitch in level 2, 

12th attempt ended in the first level, when you go down the pipe and there’s those 4 guys. Normally that bit goes well, must’ve been rushing. No excuse.

13th attempt ended in New Orleans, probably the easiest bit but somehow muffed it. In the streets killing those 4 guards, just before going into that building, at least I got past courtroom. 

If you can pass the courthouse, you can beat mein leben.

I would also keep practicing the final 2 fights in the Ausmerzer section. Easy to mess up the final section with Zerstorer capable of 1-shotting you from full health and armor

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaehyun1009 said:

If you can pass the courthouse, you can beat mein leben.

I would also keep practicing the final 2 fights in the Ausmerzer section. Easy to mess up the final section with Zerstorer capable of 1-shotting you from full health and armor

I feel like I'm real close to doing it.  I have pretty much everything memorized,  just need a little luck. 

• Like 4

I've platted this game. The best advice I can give you for the courtroom Is hide under the desk by the heavy weapon once she gets on the intercom to start talking slide to the side where the heavy weapon is and wait for the gunner to drop from to the ground and take him out first, then go back to the other side and take out the heavy gunner with heavy weapon. Once you take out both wait for the dog to show and take him out, once you take out the dog then make a run for the second floor. It's the safest way to approach this section 

• Like 2

On 31/10/2022 at 7:05 PM, lazyboyzworld said:

I've platted this game. The best advice I can give you for the courtroom Is hide under the desk by the heavy weapon once she gets on the intercom to start talking slide to the side where the heavy weapon is and wait for the gunner to drop from to the ground and take him out first, then go back to the other side and take out the heavy gunner with heavy weapon. Once you take out both wait for the dog to show and take him out, once you take out the dog then make a run for the second floor. It's the safest way to approach this section 

Cheers for the advise. I kind of incorporate both methods, I hide behind the ammo crate at the start, being very careful with cover and grenades thrown and then once the lady on the intercom happens, carefully move to under the desk, there’s normally a few strays you need to pick off first, then pick up the armour gun, take out the super soldier that drops down by the judge straight away, then wait for the other one to come up the other side, take out the dog, then race up the stairs and so on….. Sounds way worse than what it is, and it has worked the last 2 times. Depending how I feel I may have another attempt tonight after work but at the moment I feel absolutely rooted. 

• Like 1

I can fully recommend not attempting this when tired. Attempt 16-18 were complete rubbish, dying in the 1st or 2nd chapter. Attempt 19 went marginally better but ended in the courthouse. I’ve had enough of my faster but somewhat risky strat there and will opt for under the table. I should have listened to everyone else. I’ll try again tonight…..

• Like 1

Just got it an hour ago. I was so tilted after my runs yesterday, which all ended in the weirdest way. First i died on the battle walker upgrade course. Then i fell between two train carts. Then i fell in the final level after the heavy rips off the roof of your escape pod. I was so tilted. Today luckily went well and i got it. Thought I would die as the last boss hit me, the same time i shot the shot that downed him. Shaking !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hvalpen said:

Just got it an hour ago. I was so tilted after my runs yesterday, which all ended in the weirdest way. First i died on the battle walker upgrade course. Then i fell between two train carts. Then i fell in the final level after the heavy rips off the roof of your escape pod. I was so tilted. Today luckily went well and i got it. Thought I would die as the last boss hit me, the same time i shot the shot that downed him. Shaking !

Congrats man,  yea, that battle Walker course is weird.  I've practiced it a few times but my mind goes blank when I have to do it in a run.  They're some tough other deaths too. 

Attempt 20 for me was going mint, got to Venus, near the end but somehow died in that room with the 3 scientists in it.  Sort of just before that conveyor belt section.  I lost track of the 3rd guy there and he got me.  Such a stupid death!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, closertim said:

Congrats man,  yea, that battle Walker course is weird.  I've practiced it a few times but my mind goes blank when I have to do it in a run.  They're some tough other deaths too. 

Attempt 20 for me was going mint, got to Venus, near the end but somehow died in that room with the 3 scientists in it.  Sort of just before that conveyor belt section.  I lost track of the 3rd guy there and he got me.  Such a stupid death!

When i missed that jump to the fan yesterday i just sat there watching my screen with that "No fucking way" facial expression. I didnt even miss, i did the sprint jump and because it was sprint it bounced me off the wall and into the abyss xD The battlewalker course is something else isnt it lol...i think its cause you are scared to fuck up something so simple that doesnt even have enemies in it. My battlewalker somehow got stuck on terrain so i couldnt vault the trap, then i disengaged the battle walker to get out of the terrain i was stuck in, which made me fall directly into a trap. God the trigger was real.

Yeah sometimes you will die the most random places. In my first run today i was thinking "Well, Manhattan part coming up, luckily thats easy and i have NEVER died there" and immideatly i proceed to die to the dogs at the beginning of the subway area...THE DOGS!

Edited by Hvalpen
  • Like 1