Mein Leben Runs.

16 hours ago, closertim said:

I can fully recommend not attempting this when tired. Attempt 16-18 were complete rubbish, dying in the 1st or 2nd chapter. Attempt 19 went marginally better but ended in the courthouse. I’ve had enough of my faster but somewhat risky strat there and will opt for under the table. I should have listened to everyone else. I’ll try again tonight…..

Honestly, i think most people who have the trophy also have the most deaths on chapter 1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hvalpen said:

When i missed that jump to the fan yesterday i just sat there watching my screen with that "No fucking way" facial expression. I didnt even miss, i did the sprint jump and because it was sprint it bounced me off the wall and into the abyss xD The battlewalker course is something else isnt it lol...i think its cause you are scared to fuck up something so simple that doesnt even have enemies in it. My battlewalker somehow got stuck on terrain so i couldnt vault the trap, then i disengaged the battle walker to get out of the terrain i was stuck in, which made me fall directly into a trap. God the trigger was real.

Yeah sometimes you will die the most random places. In my first run today i was thinking "Well, Manhattan part coming up, luckily thats easy and i have NEVER died there" and immideatly i proceed to die to the dogs at the beginning of the subway area...THE DOGS!

Oh man,  those dogs are terrible.  Lately I've had them all rush me at once,  even though I've been trying to be quiet.

Manhatten probably gives me the most anxiety,  just the first bit though. 

Did you do the fast last boss fight method or pick them all off?

Probably attempt number 21 later tonight.....

13 minutes ago, closertim said:

Oh man,  those dogs are terrible.  Lately I've had them all rush me at once,  even though I've been trying to be quiet.

Manhatten probably gives me the most anxiety,  just the first bit though. 

Did you do the fast last boss fight method or pick them all off?

Probably attempt number 21 later tonight.....

The first manhattan part is basically a speedrun. After dropping down from the building you can take out the two guys in front of you and then just leg it to the subway.

I picked all off at the final boss. I dont feel like the rushing is safe at all and frankly i have had a less than 50% succes rate with rushing, and im not about to risk my entire run on a coinflip :P The way i did it has never failed me, and didnt fail when the trophy was on the line and my hands where shaking. I pick off the six heavies and then immideatly run to the hallways underground(The H shaped tunnel/hallway) and basically run(emphasis on running around, since you cant properly camp down there) around down there and pick people off with a single assault rifle when they come through the doors. When everyone is dead i fire some shots at one exit, and then run to the opposite with a charged laser and release one shot into the back of one of the two bosses and immideatly duck back into the hallway before they can hit me. Then rinse and repeat until they both die(If laser runs out i just pop shots at them with the assault rifle)

Edited by Hvalpen

13 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

The first manhattan part is basically a speedrun. After dropping down from the building you can take out the two guys in front of you and then just leg it to the subway.

I picked all off at the final boss. I dont feel like the rushing is safe at all and frankly i have had a less than 50% succes rate with rushing, and im not about to risk my entire run on a coinflip :P The way i did it has never failed me, and didnt fail when the trophy was on the line and my hands where shaking. I pick off the six heavies and then immideatly run to the hallways underground(The H shaped tunnel/hallway) and basically run(emphasis on running around, since you cant properly camp down there) around down there and pick people off with a single assault rifle when they come through the doors. When everyone is dead i fire some shots at one exit, and then run to the opposite with a charged laser and release one shot into the back of one of the two bosses and immideatly duck back into the hallway before they can hit me. Then rinse and repeat until they both die(If laser runs out i just pop shots at them with the assault rifle)

It's 50-50, I did speedrun every section, not wasting time on nothing especially not on the final battle, killing everyone on the Ausmerzer is a waste of bullets, I get in blazing the heavies then rush right to the ladder when the big ones come out. those places where everything can go wrong, I go gun blazing or wait a moment and take my time to shoot every enemy, then proceed, like sniping everyone at the panzerhund ride section.

6 minutes ago, mataningo said:

It's 50-50, I did speedrun every section, not wasting time on nothing especially not on the final battle, killing everyone on the Ausmerzer is a waste of bullets, I get in blazing the heavies then rush right to the ladder when the big ones come out. those places where everything can go wrong, I go gun blazing or wait a moment and take my time to shoot every enemy, then proceed, like sniping everyone at the panzerhund ride section.

As you said yourself, it's fifty fifty. I would rather take longer and be 99% sure it will work, than maximum coin flipping a run that has been going for several hours. 

1 minute ago, Hvalpen said:

As you said yourself, it's fifty fifty. I would rather take longer and be 99% sure it will work, than maximum coin flipping a run that has been going for several hours. 

Yeah, its up to your guts feeling, always go with the safe way. It's crazy how much I've skipped by running to the checkpoint and advancing to the next level. The boost you get after the relief of doing the courthouse is huge, from there everything is much easier, just need to be a bit careful by the end.

7 minutes ago, mataningo said:

Yeah, its up to your guts feeling, always go with the safe way. It's crazy how much I've skipped by running to the checkpoint and advancing to the next level. The boost you get after the relief of doing the courthouse is huge, from there everything is much easier, just need to be a bit careful by the end.

Yeah loads of places that can be speeded through. Manhattan 1 and the roswell lift part springs to mind. Same with the very last part of Venus 1. Hell even the first part of roswell is a speed run, consider you just jump from rail to train straight after powering it up.

Yeah it's funny, the game is for the most part actually easier after court room(even though i have never died in the court room and consider it rather safe). The hardest singular part of the game is, in my opinion, literally the very first part. The game itself is not hard, but the hard part is to not fuck up anything for 3-5 hours straight, and hope to not suffer a freak accident death or glitched enemies that kills you through terrain.

Attempt 21 - chapter 1 

Attempt 22 - thought I'd be cool and try a new roswell skip but mucked it up.

Attempt 23 - died in Venus, at the start,  got noticed but was slowly picking them all off but obviously got murdered.  

It was a dreadful run as well.  Somehow messed up the skip glitch in chapter 5 but managed to save it and got my panzerhund blown to pieces in New Orleans so took it slow.  

So infuriating,  all that time just for a little mistake.  Maybe next time.... still loving the game though!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, closertim said:

Attempt 21 - chapter 1 

Attempt 22 - thought I'd be cool and try a new roswell skip but mucked it up.

Attempt 23 - died in Venus, at the start,  got noticed but was slowly picking them all off but obviously got murdered.  

It was a dreadful run as well.  Somehow messed up the skip glitch in chapter 5 but managed to save it and got my panzerhund blown to pieces in New Orleans so took it slow.  

So infuriating,  all that time just for a little mistake.  Maybe next time.... still loving the game though!

Those chapter one deaths are soul draining. I would advice you not to do skips. In my opinion you are risking runs on parts that aren't even hard.

Keep plugging. I believe in you !

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 6:31 AM, MemegodOshi said:

I am so mad. I finally did the encounter on top of the airship. I was freaking out, and so I was celebrating. But I had a power outtage before I did it, and now I generally feel like I wanna die...........

I lost over 35 hours of Dark Souls II from a freezing PS3. I'd glad take a failed Mein Leben run over losing an entire playthrough of Dark Souls II.

6 hours ago, closertim said:

3 more attempts last night, I probably shouldn’t have as I sucked. I did have work in 7 hours so I did try and speed run it . 
Attempt 24 - chapter 1

Attempt 25 - chapter 1

Attempt 26 - chapter 4

Absolute rubbish

You might want to reconsider how you approach ML. Don't try to speed run it, take your time with each section and try to execute learned strategies perfectly. Also, enable "Suspend Game" feature for rest mode so you can take breaks if needed.

7 minutes ago, OTPYG said:

I hope it’s only because you’re frustrated/upset about what happened to you, but trying to ‘one up’ your lost time with a game over someone else’s lost time with the game this thread is about isn’t a great look. Yours sucks. Theirs sucks. It isn’t cool when it happens to any gamer. But your comment comes across as you essentially saying ‘that’s not a loss, this is a loss’, which doesn’t inspire one to feel much sympathy.

Because they are losses. One trophy that gets compared a lot to Mein Leben is NYMHC (New York Minute Hardcore), which is a trophy in Max Payne 3 for beating the game on New York Minute without dying or failing. One death or failure causes you to go back to the beginning of the game. It takes around three to three and a half hours to beat. I had my console freeze twice in Chapter 13 which alone takes around three hours to get to.

There are people who took over 50+ attempts at Mein Leben, so you can imagine all that time spent. But difficult trophies like this you just learn and pick yourself up.

I might put off attempts for a few days as I’m dirt tired. 

Attempt 27 - chapter 2 , fell asleep during the long cutscene where you have to put on that power armour. If you leave it to long to put on that super soldier stamps on your head. When I woke up I was dead. Might wait till Thursday for another run. 

40 minutes ago, closertim said:

Attempt 28 - Ended in New Orleans, starting to piss me off where I’m dying so stupidly. I start thinking way too far ahead and lose focus. 

Do you feel as though you are dying because of unknown factors or due to complacency? With game modes like this, its good to get a routine in-game and follow it. As soon as you deviate, you die. I have done ML 11 times, either for myself on old accounts or for friends and I stick to the same routine and haven't died since my first completion.

Maybe try a routine that you know will work and I know it's hard to do, but stay calm with it. No point beating yourself up about it when not the average gamer could even beat IADI.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TriadThunder-X said:

Do you feel as though you are dying because of unknown factors or due to complacency? With game modes like this, its good to get a routine in-game and follow it. As soon as you deviate, you die. I have done ML 11 times, either for myself on old accounts or for friends and I stick to the same routine and haven't died since my first completion.

Maybe try a routine that you know will work and I know it's hard to do, but stay calm with it. No point beating yourself up about it when not the average gamer could even beat IADI.

Think it’s a little bit of both. I know I can do it, I can easily do any chapter without dying but stringing it all together is proving to be an issue, and if something out of the ordinary happens, more often than not I can’t adapt in time. 

I’ll keep plodding away, And it’ll just happen I’m sure, just like Max Payne 3. 

Anyway, did an attempt last night

Attempt 29 - Ended in Roswell, in the big room before you plant the nuke, my strat fell to pieces, went on to practice hopefully a better way. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, closertim said:

Attempt 28 - Ended in New Orleans, starting to piss me off where I’m dying so stupidly. I start thinking way too far ahead and lose focus. 

Read about your post in attempting to beat main laben. It made me go for another try in getting the trophy maybe next week. 4 months ago I raged quit after many attempts.  It's So frustrating to watch level 2 the Bitch Engel's long cutscene over again. For now, gonna first practrice again I AM DEATH INCARNATE then MEIN LABEN.

• Like 1

Attempt 30 - ended in Venus. The rng in that first section is unreal. Sometimes the ai won’t notice a massacre going on and other times they notice a footstep. I replayed the level after that and easily passed it. Pretty sure if I make it to Venus again I’ll get through it, I did come up with a better strat if it turns pear shaped again. 

Edited by closertim
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Walmiltur said:

Hi all, i want to start this game soon (i already got the platinum for the first 2), and i have just one question: what are your best advices to approach this trophy and to get it without going crazy? Thank you :)

Easiest way is to study other people's runs and apply those strategies during your runs. The very first practice run should be done on IADI while also creating save points along the way. You can use these again to practice specific sections of the game, e.g. Venus, Courthouse etc. I approached Mein Leben as a "school exam", learning the strats, writing my own notes and after I was confident, I started doing full runs.

47 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Easiest way is to study other people's runs and apply those strategies during your runs. The very first practice run should be done on IADI while also creating save points along the way. You can use these again to practice specific sections of the game, e.g. Venus, Courthouse etc. I approached Mein Leben as a "school exam", learning the strats, writing my own notes and after I was confident, I started doing full runs.

Do you know some good video to follow?