Mein Leben Runs.

Hey guys!

I uploaded my Mein Leben walkthrough to Youtube, feel free to check it out and see my take on the difficulty. There are some skips in them, but no glitches. 

Some things do go wrong here, especially on the Roswell levels, but at least it's a good showcase on what to do on those specific spots.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I pulled off Mein Leben on Steam and will be doing it again soon on PS4.  The videos folks linked up thread are very good, especially Breadborne's.

It took me about 8-10 attempts (I didn't keep super close track).

Several deaths where in the opening level by just being lazy after a failed, long run.

Once in Manhattan by deviating from a known strat because, again, laziness.

Two deaths (in a row!) on the rocket train trying to make a jump to the ladder from the platform with the patrolling Supersoldaten.  I abandoned that strat immediately and never had a problem.

My four, legitimate deaths were in New Orleans Lakeview, dying in the final encounter with the burning building that you must get to the top for the level exit.  Crazy enough I never ever ever had problems in this section during my IADI practice runs, but on ML something about my nerves made my run'n'gun approach not work.  My tip for this spot - you can be sneaky and stealth kill the couple of regular soldiers at the start of the encounter, outside the building.  Then you can snipe the Supersoldatens with the Laserkraftwerk and still remain in stealth.  Then, get out the upgraded shotguns and just run through the building (must have battlewalkers to get past a broken staircase) shooting anything that gets in the way.

I had Venus and Ausmerzer on snooze mode from like 15 hours of offline practice so I one-shot that after I got past the Lakeview roadblock.  For the final encounter I found the grenade skip sort of glitchy, and elected instead to fight the two Zerstorers legitimately.  I could see doing this on a controller and being more open to practicing the skip, it just depends on how confident I feel doing the actual fighting with a controller instead of KBM.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, jelkeh11 said:

i just literally got killed by frau engel at the endscene on mein leben. my character thought that it would be the perfect moment to just stop doing melee attacks. i hate my life right now

oh that happened to me too. welcome to the club of those unfortunate that this has happened.

30 minutes ago, jelkeh11 said:

i just literally got killed by frau engel at the endscene on mein leben. my character thought that it would be the perfect moment to just stop doing melee attacks. i hate my life right now

Ouch ! :(

54 minutes ago, jelkeh11 said:

yeah it really sucks

I had similar problems with Max Payne 3, however in Wolfenstein it's much easier for things to blow up

21 hours ago, jelkeh11 said:

Ugh, sorry to hear that.  At least you know you did it once, and you can do it again!  You'll get it!

• Like 2

On 07/05/2023 at 6:21 PM, jelkeh11 said:

Really sorry to hear that bro! I really can feel your pain

• Like 1

On 8-5-2023 at 8:36 PM, DrunkenEngineer said:

Ugh, sorry to hear that.  At least you know you did it once, and you can do it again!  You'll get it!

15 hours ago, bmvtyea said:

Really sorry to hear that bro! I really can feel your pain

thanks guys, hopefully i'll get it soon haha

16 hours ago, bmvtyea said:

I've just done it!!

So freaking happy, the rush, the adrenaline in the end was really worth it!! Its quite similar to max payne 3 to be honest, once you get the battle walker is a new whole game! The toughest part was venus part 2.. that was a B!@$ !! Died 5 times there, once doing the glitch, and the rest by mine mistake aka  randomines of the AI.  But i gotta say, ive followed a few guides and the one that helped me the most was this one below

2122.png

congrats man!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bmvtyea said:

NICE!!!! congrats bro!! Was it easier than before?

thanks bro!!! after a lot of trial and error it did go really smooth and even when i messed up i could still manage to survive a lot of times so that made it wayyy easier

• Like 2

I just died on my second ML run on the ramp run to the end after the final boss battle...

I used the grenade skip and didn't deal with the lone trooper left outside.  Upon rewinding the recording he was right there so it's completely on me for missing him!  Lesson learned on that one.  I had many things go wrong on that run, so I was honestly on borrowed time.  Sort of a bummer it was something so silly that knocked me off, but I foresee this getting toppled very soon.

edit: Here in the WR run posted upthread the runner was shot in the back by the same soldier, he just got lucky!

Edited by DrunkenEngineer
  • Like 4

Just completed mein leben on something like my 10th try, I'm not sure of the exact number. I died twice on Venus which was really frustrating.

I also messed up right at the final boss fight on my successful attempt, I was using the method where you kill the first boss as soon he spawns then throw an EMP grenade at the other then run up the ladder, I hesitated and didn't instakill the first one so had to run into the underground section and very carefully pick them both off. My heart was racing but I managed to do it. 

The only skip I used was the one in Section F part 2 where you run at the wall and and then swim to lever to open the nuke container.

For anyone attempting Mein Leben I highly recommend this video:

it helped me a huge amount. The only thing it doesn't do is tell you where to go if things go south. Also its a year old so there might be new strats that aren't in this video. 

Edited by Jack_p04
Spelling
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...