Let's Play Kingdom Hearts

Can I be added to the event? Sorry if that's a dumb question - new to the forums and I'm unsure if there are any thresholds/minimums for participation.

I've also already got the PS3 Final Mix plat, so that's 1/8 down!

• 2 weeks later...

I like to join this Let`s Play, have only played all KH but Birth by Sleep and Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage.

I wonder if I clear this Let`s Play or Mugen Souls Let`s Play first or non at all.

*holds up a white flag*

Great job, Kent! I do admit that I did enjoy Birth by Sleep more than the other games but that is only because the Critical mode is the easiest of the games to master due to the lack of MP. I'm sure you can knock out the Kingdom Hearts 3 platinum when it comes out later this year! (Predictions based on he upcoming Square-Enix conference at E3 tomorrow.)

Anyone going to be knocking out Kingdom Hearts trophies while watching the Square-Enix conference? I sure will, need to finish off Dream Drop Distance, been playing Ni no Kuni 2 all week, but almost at the plat for that game, it's a great game. xD

Hello!

I'd love to join if that's okay? KH has always been one of my favourite series (I was an FF nerd and a Disney nerd, this combined both my loves and added way more than I initially hoped for). I got into it as a kid, and used to save up my pocket money for months for each of the handheld consoles so I could play each game that came out xD

That's...kinda sad, but whatever.

I'm planning to make the KH games milestone trophies for the most part, because the series means so much to me (plus I love their platinum images, they're really awesome), so the time between each game completion might be kinda long ? I got KH 1 as my 1,500th trophy, and Re:CoM as my 2000th this morning! So only those two so far - and that's not likely to change any time soon - gonna make KH2 my 2,500th trophy :P

Although I really need to get them all done before KH3 releases...so maybe after KH2, I'll just play the other games in quick succession and no more milestones? Hmm....

• Like 2

Kingdom Hearts III will be released in January 29 in North America and Europe, January 25 if you live in Japan/Asia

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/kingdom-hearts-iii-launches-january-25-2019-japan-asia-january-29-north-america-europe

No way in hell I can get to plat all KH AND Mugen Souls games before January 29 :jaymon: unless a Miracle happens,

Better start write my will.

42 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

Kingdom Hearts III will be released in January 29 in North America and Europe, January 25 if you live in Japan/Asia

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/kingdom-hearts-iii-launches-january-25-2019-japan-asia-january-29-north-america-europe

No way in hell I can get to plat all KH AND Mugen Souls games before January 29 :jaymon: unless a Miracle happens,

Better start write my will.

Can't fucking wait, I've been waiting for this for YEARS it's getting Pre-ordered like fuck

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SquidBaronet said:

I know a lot of people might get mad at the fact that the bigwigs broke their promise to release this year, but at least it wasn't delayed to March. Now I can actually start work on my Kingdom Hearts II Platinum trophy. :D

I really don't care that it didn't release this year, I'm just happy that it's going to release January (atleast I hope so and that it won't get delayed again) Pre-ordering the hell out of it, can't wait!

So I just finished up the 2.8 collection on PS4 and since I already finished both the 1.5 and 2.5 collections on the PS3 I do believe that's everything ... well for now anyways :P

To quickly summarise my thoughts on the 2.8 collection:

DDD:

Good game overall. I did however feel like the combat system still wasn't quite as good as KH2 in certain areas, for example enemies (bosses especially) would often just randomly break out of combos (or not get staggered at all) which made some of the fights feel like they dragged on a bit unnecessarily since you mostly had to just slowly chip away at their health instead of being able to reliably learn enemy patterns and counter them (like you could with lingering will for example). These were minor things though and the gameplay was still very much enjoyable ... except for:

Dreameaters/Spirits section: Boy oh boy did I not enjoy this ... if this had only been mandatory if you wished to beef up your "party" members then whatever I never felt like they helped much anyways, but they just had to tie in the whole command system to this :( So much time wasted petting and playing balloon/barrel mini games with these pokemon ripoffs .. not gonna lie, I won't be sad if these don't make a return in KH3 but eh I'm sure they will ?

0.2:

Also a very good game overall. Would I have liked it if the game was a bit longer, of course no surprise there, but I knew this was more of a demo(prologue to KH3 like "Grounds zeroes" was to "Phantom Pain" so it didn't really bother me since I knew what I was getting into. The gameplay to me was also very solid (great visuals and mix of KH2 and BBS mechanics) the only real gripe I would have here would be the bosses. Apart from Phantom Aqua (and I guess Darkside because nostalgia :P) they felt kind of boring. I mean really it was just the same boss fought multiple times in different "forms" so I'm not really sure what more they could have done with him, it just felt a little lazy to have your main boss simply be ... a horde of normal enemies bunched together ?

X (Backcover):

Yeah ... so this one happened. I'm not really sure I learned that much from watching this except some UBER master of masters (honestly I do believe his name is something like that :P )  had a strange sense of humor, some dude with a bear mask got pissed off at ... well mostly everyone and some other dude in a black cloak received Xehanorts future key blade and a box with ... something in it? 

Eh I watched it and I guess it was something. Probably got more questions now than I did before I watched it but there's that :) 

• 1 month later...

Finally got on the board here :) Finished off the plat for KHFM. As much as I love the game I do think it shows its age a little bit as you play it. The movement is a little clunky more so in Atlantica. Overall though whether it is nostalgia or something else I had a lot of fun going back through a big part of my childhood. I ended up having to do three playthroughs because I didn't trust myself to do proud first. That was a mistake but live and learn.

Proud was pretty easy, moreso when you unlock second chance. 1 down, many to go :P 

I posted this in another thread, but with that tread being locked and even hidden, I'm posting it here as it would be a shame if it was to disappear. It's a rough speedrun guide for KH1 that was thrown together in an hour or two, but it should be useful for new gamers. Since it contains spoilers, the information is in spoiler tags.

Dive into the Heart

When starting the game (dream sequence):

• Choose the sword and give up the shield. This will determine the order of which ability unlocks. You get scan at level 7, which reveals the enemy hp bar, imo this is very useful. Besides that, you get more attack and slightly less defense. If you're doing this while going for :bronze: Unchanging Armour defense won't matter, as bosses in the last 2 worlds hit hard anyway. If you're not going for this trophy, then you can equip better accessories to balance this.
  • You'll be asked 3 questions by Tidus, Wakka, and Selphy. The answers will determine how fast you level up. There are 3 outcomes: dawn, midday, and dusk. Dawn requires less exp to level up until lvl 40 compared to Midday, but more afterwards. Midday has no bonus and penalty. Dusk requires more exp until lvl 40, but less afterwards. Choose the following answers to start your journey at the dawn:
    • Being number one
    • Getting old
    • To see rare sights

Destiny Islands

Spoiler

Day 1

Collect the following materials:

• Log: there's a wooden bridge connecting to a small island. One log is on the beach under the bridge, another on the small island.
  • Cloth: there's a house at the top of the walkways to the left of the waterfall (you have to climb a ladder to reach it), the cloth is hanging on the wall.
  • Rope: this is where you answered the questions, all the way on the left side of the island. You need to climb another ladder to get here.

Day 2:

The door Kairi was blocking can now be used. Talk to Kairi, find Riku, then race against him (winning or losing doesn't matter). Talk to Kairi again to collect more materials, which are scattered on both the day 1 part of the island and day 2 part. To avoid needless backtracking, the list below mentions where to get them.

• Fresh Water: walk through the waterfall on the part of the island where you were yesterday (day 1 part)
  • Fish: there's one fish on the day 2 part of the island and 2 on the day 1 part. All of them are in the ocean.
  • Coconut: attack the trees until a yellow-ish one falls down and collect it. Coconuts can be obtained from any tree that's climbable, but the trees on the day 2 part are good to use, since there are a lot of them.
  • Seagull Egg: Remember that bridge on the day 1 part that connects to a small island? At the start of the bridge is a small tree that can't be climbed, it has an egg at the top. Climb on the nearby coconut tree and jump on it.
  • Mushrooms:
    1. There's one to the right of Kairi (when standing in front of her) in a small cave that's blocked by a boulder. Push it aside to enter the cave (day 2 part).
    2. Another one can be found by going towards where the race against Riku started (day 2 part). Go back a bit until you reach the part where you have to jump 3 times. There's a wooden box here and the mushroom is hiding in the bushes. Optional: If you're not going for :bronze: Unchanging Armour, you can use the wooden box to enter a small cave, there's a Protect Chain inside. The entrance is too high to jump, so carry the box and throw it near the entrance. Note that the box will be destroyed if it hits the rock wall and it won't respawn.
    3. The last mushroom is in a cave immediately to the left of the waterfall from day 1.

Final Part:

Go back into the cave to the left of the waterfall (where you found the mushroom) and defeat the boss, which is the same as the one from the dream sequence.

Traverse Town

Spoiler
  • Go into the accessory shop, which is behind you after you walk out of the alley.
  • Afterwards, go into District 2. Once here, I believe you need to visit the Gizmo Shop, which is found by taking the left path and go all the way to the end. Afterwards, exit and jump down to be in front of the church-like building and face towards it. There's a small alley to the right, which has a house you need to visit to find out about the 99 missing Dalmatians. There's another alley to the right of this one that goes parallel for a bit, this one leads to District 3, which isn't needed for now.
  • Return to District 1 for a boss fight, winning or losing doesn't matter, but you get exp for winning, so give it your best shot.
  • Talk to Leon, open a chest, then talk to him again. You can choose to save the game in District 1's Accessory Shop or make your way to District 3 immediately. There will be a boss fight here and I recommend to reach level 7 to unlock Scan.
  • First there will be wave of Shadow heartless and afterwards the boss will appear. Its hands, feet, and torso move separately. You need to destroy all 5 parts and destroying one will drop lots of hp orbs. Get rid of the feel first, these have the least hp and are the most annoying ones to deal with. The Feet can jump and cause a shockwave when landing and follow you around while walking, which deals damage. Once both feet are destroyed, move onto the hands. The hands will spin around and turn into fists to slam you. Once both of those are destroyed, the torso's health bar will also have been decreased, so now finish this one. The torso will spin around in circles.

Afterwards you unlock Fire, Dodge Roll, Guard, and Blue Trinity. There's one near a cafe in District 1 and another one in District 3 (there's a path behind the square where you fought the boss, the trinity is in the corner). When going back to District 3, there's a door that leads to District 1. Unlock it by interacting with the lock on the right of the door. There's also a door with a fire insignia, you can lock on and use fire on it. Reach the house at the end to unlock a save point and a shortcut, which can't be used until later. Reaching this house is necessary later, so you might as well do it now. In this world are also 10 postcards that offer good rewards when posting them in the red mailbox in front of the Accessory Shop. You can already obtain 4 now:

• The blue trinity near the cafe leads to one.
  • Go into the Item Shop in District 1 (to the left of the Accessory Shop, near the cafe), lock onto the fan at the ceiling, and hit it.
  • Near the District 2 entrance in District 1 look to the left to spot a blue safe with a keyhole behind some crates, it contains a postcard.
  • Carry one of the wooden boxes to the elevated place behind the Accessory Shop to get on the roof. Make it to the side with the chimney to find a chest.

Also, be sure you have at least 1 potion in your inventory, you'll need it in Wonderland. You can buy these in the Accessory Shop. Once you're ready, leave the world.

Quick Stop: Olympus Coliseum

Spoiler

Now that you can travel between worlds, you should generally aim to complete these in the order of the difficulty stars they have. However, I strongly recommend to make an exception this time and visit the 2-star world first. You get Thunder, which is the strongest offensive magic in the game and imo one of the three best spells (the others being Cure and Aero). You can hit an enemy from anywhere, including flying ones. Only thunder heartless are resistant against it. This spell will make the boss fight of the next world much, much easier. Should you skip Olympus, you'll never obtain Thunder, as the other upgrades are in Atlantica and one of the Olympus tournaments, which you'll also be skipping during the speedrun.

You have to do some training courses to get Thunder, which consists of hitting barrels to break them within the time limit. Barrels will be launched in a straight line after your 3rd attack (only when doing a 3-hit combo) Try to line up barrels by positioning yourself so that the combo finisher will launch a barrel into another one. Once you have Thunder, go to Wonderland or you can try to finish the story by defeating Cerberus and obtaining Sonic Blade (though be sure to save the game before doing so in case it takes too much time). If you're going to attempt this, take a look at the Olympus Coliseum section.

Wonderland

Spoiler

Since you have Thunder, use it on special flowers that consists of multiple flowers in a row. Doing so will net you some treasures.

In the Bizarre Room push the bed, then drink the content of the vial to shrink. Continue and you'll be forced to find evidence boxes. Collect all 4 to get the Blizzard spell. If you don't want to do this, you'll get Blizzard after defeating the boss of this world, so it's not missable. The evidence is found here:

• In the Lotus Forest continue a bit until there's a part on the right with a yellow flower and a blue trinity. The first evidence box is here.
  • In the same place as box #1 there will be a small mushroom and a big one. Jump on these to reach a lotus leaf platform. Go inside the hole in the tree trunk to fall down to box #2.
  • Backtrack to Lotus Forest and continue until you see a boulder at the end that's blocking the path. Jump on it, then jump left on a lotus leaf for box #3.
  • Go back to the start of the Lotus Forest and examine the yellow flower on the left. Use a potion on it to grow, then jump on the tree stump on the right of the entrance to raise some lotus leaf platforms. Grab the acorn from the tree to shrink (if you don't get the prompt, hit the tree twice). You can reach the new platform by going the same route as box #2, but this time don't go into the tree (obviously :P ). Once you fall down, look to your right to spot box #4.

Save your game and talk to the cards that are guarding the Queen to present your evidence. Your evidence and the Queen's evidence will be mixed up and you'll have to choose 1 box. With all 4 boxes there will be an 80% chance you'll pick your evidence. No matter which box you choose, there will be a mini-boss fight. Should you pick the Queen's evidence, Donald and Goofy will be locked up and you'll have to fight alone. However, you can free them by destroying their cages. All the while the card soldiers will attack you and they will revive after a while when their hp reaches 0. You can also knock out the Queen for personal satisfaction and to stop the soldiers from ganging up on you all the time. The real boss of this fight are the the 3 levers on the small tower. Keep attacking them until they break.

After the fight, the boulder in the Lotus Forest is gone. Go in the Tea Party Garden. It's possible to sit in each chair to receive various rewards, though 3 chairs will summon Heartless. When that happens, the chairs will disappear. Leaving and re-entering this area will respawn the chairs again. Go through the door to enter another part of the Bizarre Room. Your goal is to light the lamps by going up the hill and jumping to them. If there enemies you can't examine the lamps. After lighting both of them go back to the Bizarre Room that has the talking doorknob near the start of the world for the boss fight.

The Trickster boss' legs are immune to damage. Instead his body must be hit. But you'll have to jump and attack or jump on the table. The boss will slam the table and it'll take a while before the table appears again. This is where Thunder comes in, as you can hit the boss from anywhere then collect the mp orbs it drops to restore mp.

Olympus Coliseum

Spoiler

Make your way back by going to Traverse Town first, as going to the new world will force you to land. Enter the tournament and reach the final wave. Winning or losing the final wave doesn't matter, but you do get exp for winning. Afterwards there's a fight against Cerberus, this one must be won. Attack the heads from the sides to damage them and to avoid the biting attack. You can block the fireballs Cerberus shoots. Once he starts to vomit darkness, keep dodge rolling, as you'll be attacked from below. After winning you'll get Sonic Blade, which is a very useful ability to have for the next few worlds.

Deep Jungle

Spoiler

Go to the new world and you'll be forced to land. Defeat Sabor (attack him after he lunges) and make your way to the camp. Talk to Jane inside the tent, then go collect the 6 slides in the camp:

1. To the right of the tent entrance behind the globe.
  2. Continue jumping on the tent to find it.
  3. While on the top of the tent you should see white stalls straight ahead, jump on those. The slide is at the end.
  4. Jump down and one of the crates in these stalls has another slide.
  5. The huge pile of crates in the centre of the camp has one on top.
  6. From the top of the pile, face towards the tent, then look to the right to see a small chalkboard. The slide is next to it.

Go back inside the tent and examine the camera. After exiting the tent, go towards the left to the next area. Reach the end and climb up the vine. It's possible to climb the ivy at the start, then swing the vines in the next area, but this takes longer as you have to go through 2 ares. In this area (Vines 2) climb up ivy again on the tree. This next area is circular and you have to reach the end to jump on a platform with a blue trinity to reach the tree house again.

Next, go back to the tent in the main camp again for yet another cutscene. A quick way to do that is to get to the lower lever of the tree house (where the net is). There will be a huge tree branch that you used to reach the house. Jump off the branch on the side that doesn't have the net. If you thought the backtracking is over, you're in for a treat as it's necessary to visit specific areas to defeat all the heartless. First one is the camp area. Then go to the right exit (when standing with your back to the tent) to a bamboo area and also the area after that. Make your way back to the circular area and finally the tree house area.

Had enough yet? Regardless, go back to the tent in the main camp once again, then to the bamboo area to fight Sabor for the final time. Back to the tent again (you're going to get nightmares about backtracking :awesome: ), then to the circular area again. Heartless will continue to spawn until you use magic on all 3 flowers to make them bloom. One is near the big, black fruit, another on the same tree as the fruit, but to the left. The final is on the horizontal branch to the right of the fruit that you can walk on. Keep attacking the fruit until it's destroyed. From this area go up the third exit and then another one to reach a save point.

Save the game and prepare for a boss fight. Go back to the tree house and jump off the left side. Defeat Clayton, then fight the chameleon heartless. It can turn invisible. Once it's shooting lasers from its eyes you can't kill it until the animation is over. After the fight you receive Cure and you have to reach the top to seal the keyhole. The Red Trinity will unlock too.

Traverse Town Revisit

Spoiler

Go to District 2's back alley (when entering District 2, jump down, then use the door on the left). In here go towards the sealed off submerged path and use the red trinity to destroy the bars. Talk to Leon a few times until he gives you an item. Talk to Cid in the Accessory Shop, he'll ask you to deliver a book in District 3. In District 1 use blizzard on the 4 candles in the cafe to get a stat up consumable.

In District 3 go towards the path that leads to the blue trinity (I mentioned this in the previous Traverse Town section). The right side of this path has a broken electricity cable (when facing the door that leads to District 1, it's on the left side). Lock on and use Thunder on it, this is necessary to get 2 more postcards later on in the Gizmo Shop. Go to the house with a flame insignia. If you didn't unlock this during the previous part, lock on, and use fire on it. Reach the house at the end and deliver the book. Also talk to the Fairy Godmother to receive a summon.

Go to the Gizmo Shop in District 2, use the moving platforms that go up and down to reach an elevated place and step on 3 switches. Once that's done, interact with the clock and wait for the hands of the clock to stop moving. Interact with it again to receive 2 postcards. Exit the Gizmo Shop at the other side and go up the ladder to the top of the church-like building. At the top will be some boxes that are blocking a red trinity.

Go back to District 3. Near the entrance to District 2 is a small house, enter it. Save the game in preparation for a boss fight. Next go back at the top of the church-like building in District 2. The boxes have been moved and it's possible to activate the trinity. Ring the bell 3 times, then go to the centre of District 2 for a boss fight.

First you'll fight a Guard Armour, which will then transform. In this form its attack differ a bit, but the general strategy is the same: destroy the feet, then the arms, followed by the torso. The torso can shoot energy orbs. If you stand motionless and block, you can reflect them back to inflict damage and for extra exp points. You'll unlock Aero, which reduces damage taken and later on (when upgraded to Aerora/Aeroga) can damage enemies a bit.

Agrabah

Spoiler

On the world map go towards the warp hole to reach Agrabah. Go to the next area (Main Street? Whatever the name is, that's how I'll refer to it from now on :P ), then climb up a pole or jump up and use a door to reach Aladdin's house. Move the cabinet to release the magic carpet. Go back to Main Street and into the left area to meet Jasmine. Open the lock, make your way back to the starting area, and go into the desert. Defeat some heartless, save Aladdin, then go back. The paths will be blocked off, so climb up on the right side of the starting area, then reach the end of the left side to go to Main Street.

Go inside Aladdin's house, then exit to Main Street, reach the elevated place go all the way right. In this area use the keyblade to open another lock then go back to Main Street. To the left of this entrance/exit is another one that leads to the final area of Agrabah, but it will also start a boss fight. The main boss are the first and last part of the pot centipede. The pots between those are optional, but they do make the fight easier. Sonic Blade is particularly useful due to its invincibility frames. The head and tail pot will damage you when you're hit by them.

After the fight go back into the desert for another boss fight: the Cave of Wonders head. The true boss are the eyes, all the other heartless will keep respawning. Go to the back of the head and wait for the head to bite into the sand, which you can use to walk on it. Once here, lock on to an eye and start attacking. Occasionally, the eyes will shoot lasers and soldier heartless can reach you with their spin attack. The head will also try to shake you off by flailing around. Once both eyes are destroyed, the fight is over.

If you have Aladdin in the party you can use Abu to grab some treasures. This area may seem like a maze. Drop down in the first area to a lower level that consists of multiple areas. There should be a save point. In the lower level you can swim against the small waterfall-ish streams by continuously swimming in that direction. Do so in this area to reach another one. In this second area there's a set of stairs that goes up, ignore it. Instead jump into the water on the right side and keep swimming to reach a hidden area. In here you need to attack the pillar, I can't remember if it has to be a melee attack or if fire magic suffices. Anyway, once that's done, go back an area and use the stairs. Continue all the way to the end to reach the treasure chamber with a save point. In here you can use Aladdin's special ability on the gold statues to use Abu, which will let you reach some treasure chests. There's also a red trinity.

The next area is a boss fight against Jafar. During the first fight he isn't that big of a threat. Chase after him and try to stay behind him, as his staff has a laser attack that can't be blocked. Genie will occasionally follow you and take a swing. Later on he'll summon a blizzard in the centre of the area, so avoid that. Once Jafar is defeated another fight will start. The true boss isn't Genie Jafar, but the lamp that Iago carries. Jafar will usually throw giant, flaming boulders, but those can easily be avoided by moving around. Sometimes he'll shoot lasers from his eyes, but that's it.

Beating this world will upgrade Fire to Fira and Blizzard to Blizzara. You also unlock Green Trinity and receive the summon Genie.

Monstro

Important: After Agrabah you can choose where to spawn Monstro. If you're making this your main playthrough to get 100% of all gummi ship blueprints, take the upper path in the world map to spawn Monstro. Having him on the lower path will make it very annoying to complete the level 3 Atlantica gummi mission to obtain the blueprint as Monstro will be there 90% of the time to swallow you, thus making it hard to reach Atlantica to complete the mission. If you're not going for 100%, feel free to use the lower path.

Spoiler

Inside Monstro look for Pinocchio. This area is also created like a maze. The path you should take is: Chamber 1 -> Chamber 2 -> Chamber 3 -> back to Chamber 2 with another exit in front of you, not the one you just used to reach Chamber 3 -> Chamber 5 -> Chamber 6 -> go up the giant stairs to find another entrance to Chamber 5 -> you should reach an elevated area where it's possible to drop down on both left and right sides. Don't fall down, but reach the end to go to Chamber 4. Save the game and prepare for a boss. The Parasite Cage is immune to attacks against the back and sides, so attack it from the front. You can block the arm swings for extra exp.

You'll be back at the start, unlock the chest on Gepetto's ship to acquire High Jump and keep it equipped at all times. Reach the elevated place to use the entrance above the one you previously used to enter the chamber maze. Go up this new area to the stomach for a rematch against Parasite Cage. A new attack is using the arms to absorb stomach acid, which the boss will then spit out in front of it. Being hit will cause continuous damage. The same applies to stepping on the acid. I prefer to jump from platform to platform every now and then to keep the boss turning for a short while, which gives you some time to attack. Sometimes the boss may also focus on Donald and Goofy and ignore you for a while.

Atlantica

>>>SKIP IT!!!<<<

Moving in this world is crap, combat is crap, abilities like Sonic Blade don't work, and the boss fight is crap and extremely cheap due to its ability to constantly attack when its health is low. Reaching the boss is a lot of work. Story-wise this world is a maze like Deep Jungle, it simply takes too much time and it's not worth it.

Depending on where you spawned Monstro, you'll either reach Halloween Town or Atlantica first. If you spawned Monstro on the upper path, visit Atlantica, do NOT disembark, and move onto Halloween Town and complete it to spawn Never Land. If you spawned Monstro on the lower path, visit and complete Halloween Town, then visit Atlantica (again, without disembarking) to spawn Never Land.

Halloween Town

Spoiler

Make your way to Dr. Finklestein's Lab, then go the Graveyard and defeat the Heartless. After receiving the flowers from Sally, return to the Lab. Backtrack to the Graveyard and interact with the coffin at the end to reach a new area. Complete a mini-game by watching ghosts appearing and interact with the stones in the same order. Completing it will destroy the giant pumpkin, so open the chest inside and return to the Lab.

Once again go back to the Graveyard, interact with the coffin, and use the door behind the remnants of the giant pumpkin. You'll be at the hill that's also in this world's logo. It's possible to pick up and throw pumpkins, which will explode. There's also a small metal structure that can be ignited to create a shortcut to and from the first area of the Graveyard. To continue, interact with a small stone at the base of the hill (on the back of the hill). The next area is simple, just cross the bridge and enter the gate.

The next area will have a giant mansion. You can fall down, doing so means it's necessary to find the walking bathtub to reach the start of the mansion. To reach the top, examine the doors, ignite the platform with Fira, and keep following the path until you reach the top. Here there will be a mini-boss fight against Locke, Shock, and Barrel. Defeat them, then interact with the lever to unlock the door to Oogie Boogie's chamber. Go all the way back to the entrance of the mansion. Once on the wooden bridge (while facing the mansion) look at the left side. You can jump off here to reach a lower part without falling all the way down. Look for a green door.

The boss fight is a bit different than usual. Oogie will stand on an elevated place and play a torture game by throwing dice or activating traps. After dodging/blocking/surviving those, buttons will light up. You want to press the button at the part where Oogie is. Pressing a button will activate spikes at the edge of the section and then that part will act as an elevator, which enables you to reach Oogie. This will allow you to damage him.

Once the fight is over, Oogie merges with his mansion. To defeat it, destroy the giant orbs of darkness while avoiding the obstacles and Heartless. It gets harder the more orbs you destroy (i.e. more Heartless and orbs will shoot more projectiles, etc.), which is why it's recommended to climb all the way to the top first and work your way down, as the upper part has more obstacles, such as burning lanterns that are swinging back and forth or passages where the floor opens. The orbs are located at the following places:

1. There's a wooden bridge with an orb stuck at the left side of his head. To reach it, climb at the front side (left of the entrance), when you reach the part where a stone tower is sticking out, jump up to the left. You'll see an orb in front of him and another is found to the left on a wooden platform and another one to the right that's around the left side of the face. Ignore these until you've destroyed the one at the top. The part after the orb on the left side of the face has wooden bridges that will try to drop you down. Jump on the stone-ish protrusions to ascend to the highest orb.
  2. Backtrack to the orb around the left side of his face.
  3. To the left of the previous one around the upper torso area.
  4. To the left of the previous one on a wooden bridge.
  5. When climbing from the front (to the right of the entrance) keep going up and towards the right to find another orb (it's near a part with purple windows).
  6. Climb up from the rear side and you'll see a small house sticking out around the butt. There's an orb stuck on it.
  7. Go right from the previous orb and you'll eventually see an empty coffin that's stuck vertically. The next orb is diagonally downward from the coffin.

After the fight you get Gravity.

Never Land

Spoiler

Never Land will only appear after visiting Monstro, Atlantica, and Halloween Town and also completing 2 of these worlds.

At first, there's not much to explore as most doors are locked. Continue through the Hold and go up to reach the other side of the locked door. Jump up and go through the hole in the ceiling to enter a corridor. Enter the room to the save the game, then use the green trinity to lower the ladder and face a boss fight. This special shadow can merge with the floor to move around and you can't damage it. Later on it'll also split into multiple shadows. The fake ones have very little hp. Another thing to watch out for is when the shadow appears the merge with the floor while it's actually going to appear, strike, and disappear again.

After the fight, open a trap door, backtrack to where you fought the boss and use the door to enter the deck and defeat Captain Hook. Always hover around, as that makes it easier to avoid Hook's combos. After the fight you get the ability Ars Arcanum (I believe the name was slightly changed in the Final Mix version :hmm: ). If you don't have enough AP to equip it, unequip Sonic Blade.

To seal the keyhole, attack the clock hand that says 11:45 instead of 12.00. You'll get the ability Glide and also the summon Tinkerbell. This summon is the most useful one, as Tink will periodically heal you (and party member that are near you) and the summon won't end unless you die. In which case Tink will revive you, but she can't be summoned again during the same fight.

Traverse Town Revisit #2

Spoiler

Visit Cid to install the new gummi. There are also some new postcards to collect:

• #7: Gepetto will have a house to the right of the Accessory Shop. Examine the shelf with items to obtain it.
  • #8: In the centre of the Accessory Shop activate the green trinity to reach the Synthesis Shop on the upper floor. One of the walls can be examined to obtain a postcard.
  • #9 Go to District 2 from District 1. At the right side will be a shop with a sign. Jump up here to get a chest.
  • #10 Climb all the way up to the top of the church in District 2 and glide down towards the roof of the houses. Jump on the next roof and enter the passage to District 3. On this balcony examine the end to find the final postcard.

Hollow Bastion

Spoiler

This world will be a bit harder than usual. There are small hovering platforms scattered in this world with a treasure chest on it. You can lock on to them and use Gravity to pull them down. You can freeze the bubbles to use them as platforms. Continue until Donald and Goofy are gone. Enter the castle and go right, then drop down at the end. Activate 2 switches to extend 2 platforms, then go inside, solve the moving wall puzzle by interacting with the gems, then reach the end to unlock the gate. Backtrack all the way to where you entered the castle before jumping down. This time go toward the huge gate to enter it and immediately fight a boss.

All the attacks can be blocked for extra exp and Ars Arcanum will be very useful. If you're doing :bronze: Unchanging Armour, summon Tink too. After the fight you unlock White Trinity. Enter the library and solve the book puzzle by placing books with the same colour in the same set. There's one set where you have to place 2 volumes, so be sure to place the right volume in the right spot. There are also pillars that have a section that rotates. Keep rotating them and eventually it'll be possible to open the chest. Make your way to the upper part of the area while placing the correct books to unlock a red button, which in turn unlocks the doors. This circular area has various tasks: light all 8 candles, use thunder on a stone, activate a red trinity to push a statue down, and break some pots. This should reveal all 4 pieces of the Heartless symbol, which you can insert into the locked door. Before doing that, stand in front of the door. On the right side is a small wall ornament, which you can use to climb up and open a hidden chest with a Defense Up (or it's on the left side, can't remember :P ).

Open the door and continue ascending the castle while activating crystal switches. Eventually, you'll reach Maleficent. She's not too hard, just watch out for when she summons magical meteors that move horizontally. Hiding at the part of the chapel that's wider will make it easy to avoid them. Another annoying attack are lightning bolts that will move around. Attack the hovering platform to remove the magical shield, then attack Maleficent. Repeat until she's defeated.

Save the game and get ready for Dragon Maleficent. Every time that she slams one of her front legs, it'll create a shockwave. When going for Unchanging Armour, keep jumping up her back from the rear leg joint, then attack her head when you can. If you can't do that, keep hovering around her face to avoid the shockwaves. Definitely summon Tinkerbell.

Continue a bit more and it's time for yet another boss fight. This one is solo, so no Tink. Be prepared to block attacks, which will also reflect some energy discs back for bonus exp and to create an opening. Ars Arcanum will help a lot with its long animations. After a while the boss will have a white glow and repeatedly charge in straight lines, disappear, then reappear, dash again. This will repeat itself a few times and then the boss will crash land in the centre, followed by dark lightning erupting everywhere. To avoid this, go into one of the corners of this hexagon-shaped area and keep running into the corner. After this fight you'll unlock Ragnarok. If you have enough AP equip both Ars Arcanum and Ragnarok. If not, then replace it with Ragnarok as this one can also be activated while fighting aerial enemies.

After the fight make your way back to the area where you fought the first boss.

Traverse Town Revisit #3

Spoiler

Talk to Cid, then go to the underground waterway for an event, talk to Cid again, and make your way back to Hollow Bastion.

Hollow Bastion Revisit

Spoiler

Backtrack all the way to where you fought the 4th boss and enter the portal for .... another boss. Jump on the back and climb to the head to attack the horn to damage the Behemoth. The horn can release laser beams that go vertically downward. Standing under the Behemoth will NOT shield you from it. The beams going through the Behemoth won't damage it.

After sealing the keyhole, leave Hollow Bastion, then return to the Library. Talk to Aerith to obtain a cure upgrade.

End of the World

Spoiler

The first area has an invisible maze. Glide from island to island to reach the end. The shape of the island will tell you which direction to go. In case you get stuck, use this image to navigate:

Spoiler

end2.jpg

The next area glide to the end towards the mini-volcano-ish structure and jump in it. Now you'll need to jump in a fiery pillar, defeat every heartless, then exit, move on to the next platform, and repeat until you've reached the end. The last platform's pillar will disappear, so jump down for a boss fight against Chernabog. Since you'll be flying it seems like you can't summon Tink. But you can land on the volcano where the legs are and summon her. That will make this much easier. Keep attacking Chernabog while being blasted away from time to time, avoiding the summoned orbs, and retreating when Chernabog erupts the volcano. Defeating it rewards the ability Superglide, so replace Glide with it.

After the fight go back up to the save point and save again. That's because you'll soon reach a room with a Heartless symbol on the wall. You need to survive ~10 waves of Behemoth, Invisible, Darkball, and Angels to reach the end. Always prioritize Angels, as they have annoying magic tornado attacks that follow you, homing magic orbs, can heal themselves, and can summon more Angels. They're immune to all magic and can wrap their wings around themselves to be immune to physical damage too. Invisibles will occasionally stab their sword into the ground and curse you or Donald/Goofy. When a dark circle appears around you, keep jumping. After a while the circle will shrink and if you're hit, it'll do significant damage. Once that's done, you'll have reached the final save point.

A good time would be 13 hours or less if you're going for :bronze: Unchanging Armour. If you have reached this point in 12 hours or less, powerlevel in Olympus Coliseum cups until you've reached 12 hours and ~55 minutes, then go back to the final save point to face the final boss fights. This should give you 2 hours to defeat the final boss, which should be more than enough. When powerleveling, it's recommended to go through Phil, Pegasus, and Hercules cups as fast as possible, then complete the Hades Cup. The last 10 waves in the Hades Cup are perfect for powerleveling. After beating the Hades Cup, you can choose to start at every 10th wave. Also, if you defeat the Hercules Cup, you'll unlock Yellow Trinity. After obtaining that one, visit Never Land. There's a yellow trinity near the place where you started in the Hold. This leads to a treasure chest that will upgrade Aero to Aerora.

Final Boss Fights

Fight #1

The first fight is easy. Summon Tink and watch out for the Shadow when Ansem shouts "Submit!",. When that happens, get some distance between you two, as the shadow will try to grab you. If you're too close to get away, jump as the shadow's attack is aimed at the ground. You can also quickly activate Ragnarok to use its invincibility frames. This grab is unblockable and you'll be possessed for a while. When that happens, get as far away from the boss as possible and press the prompt to remain montionless to avoid being damaged by the shadow. Meanwhile, Ansem will come towards you while activating a shield. Being hit by that also damages you and you can't do anything about the shield.

Intermission #1

Another Darkside. It's exactly the same as the previous 2 times, only it has more health and deals more damage. From this fight on you'll be fighting solo for the next 3 fights, so no Tink.

Fight #2

For the second Ansem fight dodging and blocking is important. Whenever Ansem dashes, you can dodge or block those. Blocking ends the dash. When Ansem shouts "Submit!", get some distance between you two. Should you be possessed in this small area, that's dangerous as you'll be damaged if you fail to activate the prompt to remain motionless. Meanwhile Ansem will come closer to you while having a shield up that damages you. The last thing to keep in mind is when Ansem says "My strength returns". He'll glow and send the shadow in the ground, which will attack. This cannot be interrupted or blocked either, so when you see something emerging from under Sora, dodge in circles around Ansem by locking on to him and running/dodging left or right.

Fight #3

The third fight (at the world of chaos) is imo the hardest one when going for Unchanging Armor. As the fight progresses, Ansem will summon orbs faster and also more at a time. These orbs home in on your current location and fire a laser beam, which hit hard, especially a cluster. I just flew in large circles, while ascending/descending until it was over, get some hits in, and repeat once the orbs appear. Sometimes flying shadows are summoned. I ignored these unless I had to heal. These enemies drop large hp orbs.

Intermission #2

After this fight Ansem will rest and you have to free Donald and Goofy while destroying the World of Chaos. But first you'll be sucked into a black hole-ish thing. Defeat all the shadows, then destroy the core that appears to free yourself. Once that's done, move on to destroying a core on another part of World of Chaos to unlock the next portal. Inside defeat waves of Darkballs with Goofy and then the core. Next up is the face. This one starts of easy, but becomes annoying when the face starts to summon lightning bolts regularly. To make it easier, land on the platform under and near the face and destroy the mini laser thingies. Once the face is dead, enter it to find Donald and defeat waves of Invisibles. The last part of this intermission is to destroy the giant core in the area below Ansem and the creature. When that's done, Ansem will awake once more.

Fight #4

The fourth fight is a joke compared to the third, as you'll have Donald and Goofy, which means you can summon Tinkerbell. Land on the world of chaos (preferably at the area below Ansem where you destroyed a core, as the wind blasts can't knock you back and summon her). That Bahamut-like enemy which Ansem is connected to can drain your mp, so destroy the 3 black orbs (1 is in his mouth and 2 at the end of that yellow thing around the neck). The most dangerous attack during this fight is when a giant sphere is summoned. This will pull you in and then explode. You can try to fly in the opposite direction or just land on world of chaos, which will null the gravitational pull. Just don't land exactly under the sphere, IIRC the explosion can damage you there.

After this fight is over the trophy for the speedrun should pop.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 3

Hey friends, I'm looking for a little advice. I'm currently playing through KH2 on Critical and when I finish I was wondering is it smarter to go start a beginner run to finish off the trophies or should I do it on Critical? Trying to get a gauge of whether its silly to try and do it all on critical time wise

9 hours ago, Dessane said:

Hey friends, I'm looking for a little advice. I'm currently playing through KH2 on Critical and when I finish I was wondering is it smarter to go start a beginner run to finish off the trophies or should I do it on Critical? Trying to get a gauge of whether its silly to try and do it all on critical time wise

It largely depends on how good you are. If you've defeated the organization members without spending hours on it, I'd continue on Critical, as you'd need to level up all Drive Forms again to reach the end of Cavern of Remembrance and open all the chests again. The last chest is obtained by winning all the data battles. It's certainly doable on Crit. Besides, starting over means going through Roxas' prologue again...

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Dessane said:

It's definitely possible on critical and depending on how good you are isn't too terribly difficult either. I managed to plat the game on just my critical playthrough and the only data fights I had trouble with were Roxas and Zexion. I'd say go for it! 

• Like 1

Please add me to the contest! I haven't played any yet, however I've been meaning to for about fifteen years.....I recently bought the remix versions and plan on playing every game back to back (to back to back to back etc). Thanks!

Edited by Briste
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Briste said:

Please add me to the contest! I haven't played any yet, however I've been meaning to four about fifteen years.....I recently bought the remix versions and plan on playing every game back to back (to back to back to back etc). Thanks!

You've been added! Welcome to the event and enjoy the series. If you need any tips or advice feel free to post in the thread. :D

On 7/27/2018 at 5:27 PM, Kent said:

It's definitely possible on critical and depending on how good you are isn't too terribly difficult either. I managed to plat the game on just my critical playthrough and the only data fights I had trouble with were Roxas and Zexion. I'd say go for it! 

Zexion... :shakefist: . Mine were Xaldin and Zexion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The OP has been updated and had some formatting and miscellaneous things added to it such as the new trailers that released this week. It's also worth noting that the time limit for the event has now been removed due to all of the other let's play threads that have popped up as of late. I highly encourage everybody to go and check them out as they're run by awesome people and are great games/series as well. :)

The thread has been very quiet as of late which is partially my fault. Unfortunately, the emblems are still on hiatus, however the OP will once again be updated daily. 

That being said, has anybody made progress as of late? 

• Like 1