Let's Play Kingdom Hearts

Finally bit the bullet and finished off the grind for Riku in CoM today, glad to see the back of that grind. That means I have now finished the first two games and watched one of the movies :) slowly but surely working through these in time for 3 I hope

On 10/1/2018 at 6:51 AM, Warneki said:

Just learned about these LP's as I rarely use the forums here on PSNP. I"m definitely down for this seeing as I actually only need one more trophy for KH1.5 (PS3) and plan on doing the rest of the series. I'm actually new to it and the first couple playthroughs of KH1.5 were my first.

On 10/1/2018 at 7:04 AM, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I'm working through all of the games before KH3 comes out. I had a few of them done on an old account but so far on this one I've done two. I'd definitely like to participate in this event though, sorry I'm late to the party @Kent

23 hours ago, daftprophet said:

This thread reminds me that I have every single collector's edition and should play the one's I haven't done yet.  I spose you can sign me up on this. 

23 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I guess that's time for me to officially join the event.. 

Only KH1FM Plat, and I have to convince myself to go back to KH2FM and CoM (BBS is likely a lost cause for me), I also have KH2.8 in my backlog, and hope to at least 100% KH0.2 before KH3 release.. 

You've all been added. Welcome to the event! :D @Han_the_Dragon Why's BBS a lost cause? I'd say KH2 is a lot harder than BBS because of the surplus of secret bosses it has 

23 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

SE is releasing a new bundle called Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far

It will have all KH games for ps4, 1.5+2.5+2.8 remix. I see the price is 40$ for NA

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/501506/kingdom-hearts-the-story-so-far-ps4?utm_source=press_release&utm_medium=press_release&utm_campaign=storysofar-

I didn't realize they were releasing a physical version of the bundle. I might have to pick it up myself after I've finished the PS3 versions. I wonder if there'll be separate lists or share the PS4 ones. :hmm:

48 minutes ago, Dessane said:

Finally bit the bullet and finished off the grind for Riku in CoM today, glad to see the back of that grind. That means I have now finished the first two games and watched one of the movies :) slowly but surely working through these in time for 3 I hope

Congrats on finishing CoM! I know you've been putting it off for a while but now that it's finally done you can rest easy knowing that the rest of your journey is actually fun. :P

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

You've all been added. Welcome to the event! :D @Han_the_Dragon Why's BBS a lost cause? I'd say KH2 is a lot harder than BBS because of the surplus of secret bosses it has 

Thanks! 

BBS is impossible for me because of the Ice Cream minigame, I suck at rhythm games, and that one seams out of my reach.. 

Combat wise, I think that I already did the Critical or Proud playthroughs of BBS. 

As for KH2, I'm somewhere stuck in the Critical playthrough (I think it was on the first trip to Olympus, + I was trying to speed run this.. But was probably a bad idea), also on CoM, I need to do the Proud/Critical playthroughs (ps3), but I didn't liked the combat in that one, so I never got back to it.. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Just now, Han_the_Dragon said:

It's because of the Ice Cream minigame, I suck at rhythm games, and that one seams out of my reach.. 

As for KH2, I'm somewhere stuck in the Critical playthrough (I think it was on the first trip to Olympus, + I was trying to speed run this.. But was probably a bad idea), also on CoM, I need to do the Proud/Critical playthroughs (ps3), but I didn't liked the combat in that one, so I never got back to it.. 

Oh, yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I tend to be pretty decent at rhythm games so I didn’t have any issues with it myself but I’ve heard that most people struggle with it. As far as tips go, I recommend playing with the volume up and pressing the buttons in time to the rhythm, not what’s on screen. If that doesn’t work for you, try hitting the green circles right before they close in, not the exact spot they close in (I hope that makes sense) xD. With enough practice and patience I’m sure you can do it, good luck! 

As far as KH2 goes, when in doubt, grind. :P Make sure you have Second Chance, Leaf Bracer and Once More equipped to your abilities as well. 

I keep putting off CoM because of the same reason. At least now that you’ve joined the event you can suffer in a group rather than suffer alone. :awesome:

10 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Oh, yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I tend to be pretty decent at rhythm games so I didn’t have any issues with it myself but I’ve heard that most people struggle with it. As far as tips go, I recommend playing with the volume up and pressing the buttons in time to the rhythm, not what’s on screen. If that doesn’t work for you, try hitting the green circles right before they close in, not the exact spot they close in (I hope that makes sense) xD. With enough practice and patience I’m sure you can do it, good luck! 

As far as KH2 goes, when in doubt, grind. :P Make sure you have Second Chance, Leaf Bracer and Once More equipped to your abilities as well. 

I keep putting off CoM because of the same reason. At least now that you’ve joined the event you can suffer in a group rather than suffer alone. :awesome:

Thanks for the tips! 

I may go back to BBS someday, but not looking forward to it.. Same for Com.. 

As for KH2, I will go back to it after getting my 200th Plat milestone, or maybe before if I'm not feeling like playing something else on my ps3 (I don't have access to the ps4 at all times). 

I know about the skills, and the place where I'm is quite early, so it's still on the hard part, I heard that it gets easier as we go further in the story. And as you said, grinding should solve the problem, I was just trying to do it the harder way by speed run the Critical difficulty.. But, maybe the best is really to grind a bit. 

Hello to everyone! ☺️ I'd like to join this Kingdom Hearts project, since the Platinum one is closed.

I've completed all the Kingdom Hearts games, both the PS3 and PS4 version for I.5 and II.5 (platinum trophies for KH Final Mix, KH Re: CoM, KH II Final MIx, and KH BbS Final Mix; 100% for 358/2 Days and Re:coded) and the II.8 for PS4 (platinum for KH 3D; 100% for KH BbS 0.2; X Back Cover, but there is nothing for its track, except the theme you can download at the end). The only issue it's the "missing timestamps" for the PS3 platinums (when I bought the PS3 years ago I wanted to play Re:Com and had no idea about trophies and profiles. After two years I discovered the PS3 didn't track the timestamp of the trophies ?), but I hope it won't cause any trouble.

Just one question: which is the difference between a Project Platinum and a Let's Play?

Thank you. =)

13 minutes ago, Phoenix_argentea said:

Hello to everyone! 263a.png I'd like to join this Kingdom Hearts project, since the Platinum one is closed.

I've completed all the Kingdom Hearts games, both the PS3 and PS4 version for I.5 and II.5 (platinum trophies for KH Final Mix, KH Re: CoM, KH II Final MIx, and KH BbS Final Mix; 100% for 358/2 Days and Re:coded) and the II.8 for PS4 (platinum for KH 3D; 100% for KH BbS 0.2; X Back Cover, but there is nothing for its track, except the theme you can download at the end). The only issue it's the "missing timestamps" for the PS3 platinums (when I bought the PS3 years ago I wanted to play Re:Com and had no idea about trophies and profiles. After two years I discovered the PS3 didn't track the timestamp of the trophies 1f61e.png), but I hope it won't cause any trouble.

Just one question: which is the difference between a Project Platinum and a Let's Play?

Thank you. =)

You've been added. Welcome to the event and great job on having every KH game done. :D

The missing timestamps aren't an issue for me.

Project Platinums are basically just a way of tracking the amount of games in a series you have done (or at least that's what they turned into). Let's Play's are more about talking about the games, sharing tips and also tracks the games. Let's Play's can also revolve around a single game such as the Persona 5 one, rather than needing at least 5 for a Project Platinum. The Let's Play's run by @Dragon-Archon, @Leon Castle and myself also give custom emblems created by @Dragon-Archon and @Masamune depending on which event it is. You can take a look at them in the OP. I hope I answered all of your questions. :D

16 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

You've been added. Welcome to the event and great job on having every KH game done. :D

The missing timestamps aren't an issue for me.

Project Platinums are basically just a way of tracking the amount of games in a series you have done (or at least that's what they turned into). Let's Play's are more about talking about the games, sharing tips and also tracks the games. Let's Play's can also revolve around a single game such as the Persona 5 one, rather than needing at least 5 for a Project Platinum. The Let's Play's run by @Dragon-Archon, @Leon Castle and myself also give custom emblems created by @Dragon-Archon and @Masamune depending on which event it is. You can take a look at them in the OP. I hope I answered all of your questions. :D

Wow, finally I got it, thank you! ?

And looks like I've found a good place to talk about my favourite series! =)

On 10/10/2018 at 5:13 AM, Gaberdude said:

I'd join up, but it feels weird to when I've already got seven out of eight done. I love the series though and can't wait to get the eighth done.

You've been added. Welcome to the event! :D I've put you down for Keyblade Master as I assume you've watched all of the HD cutscenes required for the seventh badge.

42 minutes ago, Ekenier said:

Platted Kingdom Hearts.  Debating on jumping in and finishing Birth by Sleep.

You've been added as well! :D Would you like me to use your Ekenier or Vermachtnis for your name in the OP? I have it down as Ekenier right now but if you'd like me to change it just let me know. 

On 10/10/2018 at 4:25 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

I think I may turn this into the official slogan for Let's Play threads after LP Star Ocean :giggle:  .

It definitely should dood considering the series we make all of these people go for. :giggle:

• Like 1

Just now, Kent10201 said:

You've been added. Welcome to the event! :D I've put you down for Keyblade Master as I assume you've watched all of the HD cutscenes required for the seventh badge.

Yep, have to since I don't want to play the mobile game...

• Like 1

I jumped back into KH2 this weekend, it really loads all the trophies to the back end of the game doesn't it. I have finished up to Paranoid Android (or whatever they call that world) on Critical. So far I have been finding critical not too dificult which is nice. Will see how I do once I start going for the optional bosses later on.

11 hours ago, Dessane said:

I jumped back into KH2 this weekend, it really loads all the trophies to the back end of the game doesn't it. I have finished up to Paranoid Android (or whatever they call that world) on Critical. So far I have been finding critical not too dificult which is nice. Will see how I do once I start going for the optional bosses later on.

Yep, KH2 isn't kind with awarding trophies in the first half of the game. Good luck with Critical, it gets easier the more you progress due to unlocking better abilities. Even the post-game bosses are doable.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yep, KH2 isn't kind with awarding trophies in the first half of the game. Good luck with Critical, it gets easier the more you progress due to unlocking better abilities. Even the post-game bosses are doable.

I'm quite enjoying the challenge of critical, I'm glad you suggested doing it from the start :) it will be my next game as soon as I knock out Guitar Hero as that is rapidly running out of time

Yo! I got them all done on the ps3, might do it again on the ps4 before 3 comes around. Also got DDD and 0.2 done on the ps4. The only thing i didn't do is watch those cutscenes from the mobile game lol. I thought the important parts of that were what the Back Cover movie was about? Anyway, need to get around those too. Peace!

Edited by LionRed10

On 10/23/2018 at 9:49 PM, Dessane said:

I'm quite enjoying the challenge of critical, I'm glad you suggested doing it from the start :) it will be my next game as soon as I knock out Guitar Hero as that is rapidly running out of time

Glad to see you decided to start on critical. I definitely found it to make the experience more fun overall. :)

On 10/24/2018 at 10:20 AM, LionRed10 said:

Yo! I got them all done on the ps3, might do it again on the ps4 before 3 comes around. Also got DDD and 0.2 done on the ps4. The only thing i didn't do is watch those cutscenes from the mobile game lol. I thought the important parts of that were what the Back Cover movie was about? Anyway, need to get around those too. Peace!

You've been added! Welcome to the event! 

Also added a link to @Leon Castle's new Warriors LP! It's looking great and definitely something I'd like to dive into later myself. There's a lot of different games in the LP so there should be something for everyone. :D

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, willythom88 said:

Actually just installed the collection last night, so I'd like to join up!  None of the plats yet but I'm going to start working on this this weekend.

You've been added! Welcome to the event, enjoy going through the entire collection, especially if your time. :D

• Like 1

Finished off the story of KH2 in critical just now at level 48. I definitely found the last few bosses easier than some of the early ones. Now into the post game stuff 

I'm trying to figure out the best approach, is it level forms, do synthesis, then secret bosses then finish the journal? As that's my instinctive order but I could be wrong

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dessane said:

Finished off the story of KH2 in critical just now at level 48. I definitely found the last few bosses easier than some of the early ones. Now into the post game stuff 

I'm trying to figure out the best approach, is it level forms, do synthesis, then secret bosses then finish the journal? As that's my instinctive order but I could be wrong

Congrats on finishing in the story! :yay:

I believe I did forms, then synthesis, then finish the journal (minigames, collectibles, Mushroom XIII, etc) and then the secret bosses. You’ll have to level up to level 99 somewhere in between the journal and secret bosses as well. Running through The World That Never Was is a great way to do so.