Let's Play Kingdom Hearts

1 minute ago, Kent10201 said:

Of course you can join! I've added you to the OP, have fun and enjoy a great series. If you need any tips just ask here :D.

Thanks Kent! I can't wait to get stuck into the series properly this time. I've played Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 before, on a really old account and on PS2, but I'm ashamed to say that I've never actually seen the ending of any of those games :hmm:. Plus I've never even played any of the others, even though I've had them for years. So I'm definitely going to be changing that this time :dance:!

1 minute ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Thanks Kent! I can't wait to get stuck into the series properly this time. I've played Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 before, on a really old account and on PS2, but I'm ashamed to say that I've never actually seen the ending of any of those games :hmm:. Plus I've never even played any of the others, even though I've had them for years. So I'm definitely going to be changing that this time :dance:!

Awesome, I believe I posted the order to play the games in a page back if you want to check that out. All the games are worth playing :).

• Like 1

Okay, in hindsight I didn't update my progress, but I have finally progressed in Birth by Sleep. Ventus cleared the story up to Disney Town and I knocked out a few things:

1. Got best rating on Ice Cream Beat for the beginner mode for the first four songs to get that out of the way. The controls felt better than the PS3 remix. However I think I need to clear Master Mode in all of those songs and I am following a strat - since clearing Master Mode in Dessert Paradise gives Ventus and Terra the Chansey Random Command Style(Frozen Fantasy), I want to make Maestro my last mini-game trophy so I can win all of the hard battles without my command style backstabbing me while fight Mysterious Figure. :P So no more Ice Cream until I get everything else in the reports filled out.
  2. Got the other Disney Town mini game trophies(Fantasista, Rapid Racer) but I had to do rematches on every fight but the first match because Chip and Dale got crazy skills and Captain Justice... well, he was a jerkwad and for some reason, the fruit wouldn't go into the net. This is really bad in this last round because the net rises and lowers at times. And I got trolled by tons of bananas. :(
  3. Rapid Racer wasn't too bad but I had to restart Castle Circuit umpteen times because I had forgotten how to use the secret path to get way ahead of the opponent. I did all the Rumble Races in Mirage Arena so I could reduce opponents to just one. You do have to do the first two courses in Disney Town to unlock the third and do THAT in Disney Town to unlock Castle Circuit, but it wasn't as bad as I had feared.
  4. Got almost all of Ventus's finish commands and all of the D-Link hits for Aqua, Terra, Cinderella, and Mickey, and also cleared everything in the worlds I had explored. Next stop, Olympus Coliseum! :D

So right now I am at 62% completion on this game. Don't worry, I am not deluded - I know that once I get 100% on Ventus, I had to do the same on Terra and Aqua too. I am just knocking out what I can in the story playthroughs.

16 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Okay, in hindsight I didn't update my progress, but I have finally progressed in Birth by Sleep. Ventus cleared the story up to Disney Town and I knocked out a few things:

1. Got best rating on Ice Cream Beat for the beginner mode for the first four songs to get that out of the way. The controls felt better than the PS3 remix. However I think I need to clear Master Mode in all of those songs and I am following a strat - since clearing Master Mode in Dessert Paradise gives Ventus and Terra the Chansey Random Command Style(Frozen Fantasy), I want to make Maestro my last mini-game trophy so I can win all of the hard battles without my command style backstabbing me while fight Mysterious Figure. :P So no more Ice Cream until I get everything else in the reports filled out.
  2. Got the other Disney Town mini game trophies(Fantasista, Rapid Racer) but I had to do rematches on every fight but the first match because Chip and Dale got crazy skills and Captain Justice... well, he was a jerkwad and for some reason, the fruit wouldn't go into the net. This is really bad in this last round because the net rises and lowers at times. And I got trolled by tons of bananas. :(
  3. Rapid Racer wasn't too bad but I had to restart Castle Circuit umpteen times because I had forgotten how to use the secret path to get way ahead of the opponent. I did all the Rumble Races in Mirage Arena so I could reduce opponents to just one. You do have to do the first two courses in Disney Town to unlock the third and do THAT in Disney Town to unlock Castle Circuit, but it wasn't as bad as I had feared.
  4. Got almost all of Ventus's finish commands and all of the D-Link hits for Aqua, Terra, Cinderella, and Mickey, and also cleared everything in the worlds I had explored. Next stop, Olympus Coliseum! :D

So right now I am at 62% completion on this game. Don't worry, I am not deluded - I know that once I get 100% on Ventus, I had to do the same on Terra and Aqua too. I am just knocking out what I can in the story playthroughs.

Not sure why you're updating your progress when you never signed up for the event. Normally, considering your track record with dropping out of events I wouldn't let you join, however, since you completed The Love Boat event I'm willing to make you a deal. Once you platinum Birth by Sleep I will add you to the event, but you won't get any emblems until you've completed at least two. Dragon takes a lot of time making the emblems for everyone, so I'm not going to have him make emblems for you until I know you're in it for the long haul. I think that's pretty fair but it's up to you whether you'll accept it or not.

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 2

Just now, Kent10201 said:

Not sure why you're updating your progress when you never signed up for the event. Normally, considering your track record with dropping out of events I wouldn't let you join, however, since you completed The Love Boat event I'm willing to make you a deal. Once you platinum Birth by Sleep I will add you to the event, but you won't get any emblems until you've completed at least two. Dragon takes a lot of time making the emblems for everyone, so I'm not going to have him make emblems for you until I know you're in it for the long haul. I think that's pretty fair but it's up to you whether you'll accept it or not.

I mentioned my progress because I forgot I wasn't in the event. xD However, the offer sounds pretty decent. I intend to try to work my butt on Re:Chain of Memories next even though I know the mini-games are hell and there is a lot of grinding.

Just now, CJ_Mystery said:

I mentioned my progress because I forgot I wasn't in the event. xD However, the offer sounds pretty decent. I intend to try to work my butt on Re:Chain of Memories next even though I know the mini-games are hell and there is a lot of grinding.

Alright then.

Was it seriously necessary to correct a simple grammatical error though? 

I'm finally going to start Kingdom Hearts (PS4), but I was just wondering if the way I'm thinking of doing this is the best way to go about getting the Platinum;

Here's what I'm thinking:

• Beginner Playthrough - Main Game for everything and just for general sanity;) enjoyment. Also for Speedster, Unchanging Armor and Undefeated.
  • Proud Playthrough - Just a quick playthrough for the rest of the difficulty trophies after I've done everything else.

So what do you think? Is this the best way to go about it? :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I'm finally going to start Kingdom Hearts (PS4), but I was just wondering if the way I'm thinking of doing this is the best way to go about getting the Platinum;

Here's what I'm thinking:

• Beginner Playthrough - Main Game for everything and just for general sanity;) enjoyment. Also for Speedster, Unchanging Armor and Undefeated.
  • Proud Playthrough - Just a quick playthrough for the rest of the difficulty trophies after I've done everything else.

So what do you think? Is this the best way to go about it? :)

That is definitely the best way to go about it. It should take you around 60 hours. Good luck! As always if you need any tips just post in the thread :D.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kent10201 said:

Enjoy! ^_^ Don't worry too much about the speedrun trophy because you have plenty of time. I think I finished it in 8 hours so you'll be fine on your first run. 

I think I'm just going to do the 100+ hour thing as I've never been very good at speed-running games. But, on the plus side, that gives me time to do everything else and enjoy discovering everything in KH, and then it can just tie together nicely at the end of the game ^_^!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Working on birth by sleep now and then its onto 2.8 as soon as i can. Want to be ready for kh3. Really enjoy the combat in bbs. The grinding i feel is pretty light compared to kh1 and 2.

Knowing that you have to do 3 playthroughs to plat the game is pretty demotivating though :(

12 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

I feel the exact opposite because ive done worse and because each playthrough you meet different characters and locations.

At 96% completion over 285 games, I don't doubt that. 

Though I gots-to-know, what are the last few trophies that are just too shit to finish?

Alas, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep will have to wait for a platinum for a few weeks... because I am now playing Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch on PS Now. I had no choice: I am going to buy and plat Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom and had to reacquaint myself with this world. I do intend to come back to Birth by Sleep, but with the Spring Backlog Challenge and this personal goal, it'll be hard to get into other games. I do intend to get the Birth by Sleep plat by the end of summer, though.

59 minutes ago, Hampy64 said:

Knowing that you have to do 3 playthroughs to plat the game is pretty demotivating though :(

I think with Birth by Sleep it's actually fun and motivating because you have three perspectives for one story. The three playthroughs in KH 1 and chain of memories were a b**** though. 

You had to play them on each difficulty if I remember correctly because they didn't stack. 

And thank you for saluting ?