Let's Play Kingdom Hearts

2 hours ago, Hampy64 said:

At 96% completion over 285 games, I don't doubt that. 

Though I gots-to-know, what are the last few trophies that are just too shit to finish?

Im guessing its the mini games and the fact that you need a 100% report with each character, beat each secret boss with each character etc. 

Alot of people dont like the ice cream beat minigame because its hard and that you have to do it with all 3 characters. I kinda agree with that but its not that hard. It took me less than an hour i think maybe less than 2 to beat all songs with a fantastic rating.

9 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Im guessing its the mini games and the fact that you need a 100% report with each character, beat each secret boss with each character etc. 

Alot of people dont like the ice cream beat minigame because its hard and that you have to do it with all 3 characters. I kinda agree with that but its not that hard. It took me less than an hour i think maybe less than 2 to beat all songs with a fantastic rating.

Oh gawd, if the secret boss is anything like Lingering Will I would nope out of that so fast!

Sign me up! I have basically everything completed, but I'm planning on doing all of it over again with the 1.5+2.5 PS4 release, plus KH3 when it comes out, of course!

For posterity's sake, here's what I have:

• Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX
  1. Kingdom Hearts FM
  2. Kingdom Hearts RE: CoM
  • Kingdom Hearts 2.5 ReMIX
  1. Kingdom Hearts 2 FM
  2. Kingdom Hearts BbS FM
  • Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  1. Kingdom Hearts DDD HD

I also have 100% trophies in the Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded cutscene movies, as well as in Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage.I've watched Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover in its entirety, but it doesn't have any trophies to speak of!

It's great to see so much activity here as of late! :D

On 2/24/2018 at 8:16 PM, RikuKelev said:

You can sign me up as well. ??

I finished the both KH HD 1.5 & 2.5 Remix. All games, and both "movies". ?

Great job finishing the 1.5 & 2.5 collection! Welcome to the event :). Any plans to do the 2.8 collection anytime soon?

21 hours ago, Hampy64 said:

To anyone who gets that damn kingdom hearts 2.5 plat. I salute you!

Would you like to join the event? Maybe it'll give you the motivation to finish all of the plats for the series.

20 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Working on birth by sleep now and then its onto 2.8 as soon as i can. Want to be ready for kh3. Really enjoy the combat in bbs. The grinding i feel is pretty light compared to kh1 and 2.

Welcome to the event and good luck on Birth by Sleep. I'm working on it now as well.

19 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Alas, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep will have to wait for a platinum for a few weeks... because I am now playing Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch on PS Now. I had no choice: I am going to buy and plat Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom and had to reacquaint myself with this world. I do intend to come back to Birth by Sleep, but with the Spring Backlog Challenge and this personal goal, it'll be hard to get into other games. I do intend to get the Birth by Sleep plat by the end of summer, though.

There's no rush. Enjoy Ni No Kuni! I'd like to get to that game myself at some point.

19 hours ago, arnauarcas said:

I have 5 platinum and 3 100% is definitely my favorite saga.?

Congrats on having 5 games in the series done! I notice you're missing re:Chain of Memories and Dream Drop Distance. Any plans to do those in the future?

8 hours ago, JoocyMan said:

Sign me up! I have basically everything completed, but I'm planning on doing all of it over again with the 1.5+2.5 PS4 release, plus KH3 when it comes out, of course!

For posterity's sake, here's what I have:

• Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX
  1. Kingdom Hearts FM
  2. Kingdom Hearts RE: CoM
  • Kingdom Hearts 2.5 ReMIX
  1. Kingdom Hearts 2 FM
  2. Kingdom Hearts BbS FM
  • Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  1. Kingdom Hearts DDD HD

I also have 100% trophies in the Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded cutscene movies, as well as in Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage.I've watched Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover in its entirety, but it doesn't have any trophies to speak of!

I believe you are the first Keyblade Master so congratulations! Excellent work :yay:! Welcome to the event! Would you like me to make note of you finishing the PS3 collections in the OP or do you only want to join with the PS4 versions?

Edited by Kent10201

6 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Great job finishing the 1.5 & 2.5 collection! Welcome to the event :). Any plans to do the 2.8 collection anytime soon?

Would you like to join the event? Maybe it'll give you the motivation to finish all of the plats for the series.

Welcome to the event and good luck on Birth by Sleep. I'm working on it now as well.

There's no rush. Enjoy Ni No Kuni! I'd like to get to that game myself at some point.

Congrats on having 5 games in the series done! I notice you're missing re:Chain of Memories and Dream Drop Distance. Any plans to do those in the future?

I believe you are the first Keyblade Master so congratulations! Excellent work :yay:! Welcome to the event! Would you like me to make note of you finishing the PS3 collections in the OP or do you only want to join with the PS4 versions?

Sure I'll join the event, does having the ps3 and ps4 plat for kh1.5 count as 1 or 2? ;p

17 hours ago, Hampy64 said:

Oh gawd, if the secret boss is anything like Lingering Will I would nope out of that so fast!

Imagine fighting Lingering Will that has an insta-death move and you can't dodge, but only quick run. That should give you an idea of how terribly luck-based and cheap Mysterious Figure is with Terra. Beating the boss with the other 2 characters is perfectly doable.

19 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

*excited moogle noises*

Thank you! But in all seriousness, it's up to you! Go ahead and document it however you think would look best; I'm a sucker for OCD-tier levels of list organization!

On 27.2.2018 at 6:33 AM, Kent10201 said:

Well now I do! Just need to get my hands on the game.

Well damn this looks pretty well thought out (and seems like a fair bit of work was put into it too :P )

A good reminder that I still need to get on with DDD and 0.2 Prologue sometime soon as well (kind of got carried away with other games and what not after finishing up the 2.5 collection back in what ... 2015? ?)

oh well all in good time I suppose eh? 

On 2/26/2018 at 11:33 PM, Kent10201 said:

Enjoy Ni No Kuni! I'd like to get to that game myself at some point.

Oh definitely go for it! While the voice acting is lauded as bad by some Let's Players, the game is beautiful and the whole story is deep. Going around healing people's hearts was very enjoyable and I'm sure the sequel coming out will be just as rewarding in story and gameplay. ;)

Hi can I sign up? Currently have 4 games completed on the PS3:

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

Kingdom Hearts BBS Final Mix

Just got a PS4 and looking to start Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue to enjoy DDD and fragmentary passage for the first time. Eagerly awaiting for KH3 and hoping for more news at E3 this year.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 5:57 AM, UlvenFenrir said:

Ice Cream Beat is a bit easier on the PS4 version IMHO but the jury is still out on that until I have to beat Master Mode on all of the songs I have completed so far. (First four songs with Ventus.)

Started playing Re:Chain of Memories yesterday for the Kill Your Completion event and just got the Card Breaker trophy. Why did I not get Interceptor first? Easy: The encounters snipe you a bit and I wasn't able to strike first all of the time. Still, I intend to get that trophy and the last enemy card in Traverse Town before I send Sora out to fight Guard Armor. Haven't found another Blizzard card after the mandatory tutorial one so Axel is gonna be a bit of a dicey fight to deal with. :(

On 2/27/2018 at 7:42 AM, arnauarcas said:

If I plan to do all the versions of all the games before the 3 comes out.
The chain happens to me in its day and the DDD I have 100% in 3DS but I will also get it in Ps4 in a few months.

-I'm sorry for my English so bad jejeje

Welcome to the event and good luck! Don't worry about your English, if it's good enough to have a conversation it's good enough for me :P.

On 2/27/2018 at 8:15 PM, JoocyMan said:

*excited moogle noises*

Thank you! But in all seriousness, it's up to you! Go ahead and document it however you think would look best; I'm a sucker for OCD-tier levels of list organization!

I updated the OP with the PS3 versions. I might make another section later down the line for people who complete both versions of the games, so you'll be added to that in the future. Good luck with the PS4 collection!

On 2/28/2018 at 8:23 AM, RikuKelev said:

Well now I do! Just need to get my hands on the game.

Awesome! I'm a big fan of DDD so I hope you'll enjoy it.

21 hours ago, fantrig99 said:

Hi can I sign up? Currently have 4 games completed on the PS3:

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

Kingdom Hearts BBS Final Mix

Just got a PS4 and looking to start Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue to enjoy DDD and fragmentary passage for the first time. Eagerly awaiting for KH3 and hoping for more news at E3 this year.

Welcome to the event! I've updated the OP with your progress. Your emblems will be given out in the next batch. :)

16 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Hey,

So I have Kingdom Hearts HD platted already...can I get the award for that?

I want to finish these up anyways so this might be a good motivation

Yes you can! Welcome to the event and enjoy!

I'm really enjoying seeing all of the new participants. Although @Dragon-Archon probably wants to take me into his lair because of all of the new emblems :jaymon:.

Speaking of emblems, here's the next batch of them: 

@RikuKelev

Spoiler

oGlHza9.pngtpMLrCa.pnguXaSuZP.png3ap972Y.png

@arnauarcas

Spoiler

gp5uzTT.pngycvQsEH.png95v4HEe.png

@UlvenFenrir

Spoiler

Rg8HV63.png2euNZo8.pngbAcAttg.png

@JoocyMan

Spoiler

5HX1etR.pngYXembjb.pngJAeVu1h.pngQZmxWWl.pngQTcQ9Su.pngAx8Ps2w.pngaUF8I0T.png

The OP has been updated!

On 2/28/2018 at 8:49 AM, Rune2303 said:

Well damn this looks pretty well thought out (and seems like a fair bit of work was put into it too :P )

A good reminder that I still need to get on with DDD and 0.2 Prologue sometime soon as well (kind of got carried away with other games and what not after finishing up the 2.5 collection back in what ... 2015? 1f605.png)

oh well all in good time I suppose eh? 

Thank you! @Dragon-Archon and I (but mostly Dragon because of all the emblems) put a lot of work into this event.

Now is as good of a time as any! Welcome to the event.

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 2

On 2/26/2018 at 3:18 PM, Hampy64 said:

Having battled the Mysterious Figure and lived to tell the tale, I can say that while he has some BullS*** moves (turning invisible, for one), he's doable because his health is not as high as Lingering Will or the Data Organization XIII(a full 16 health bars), and I feel a fun secret boss is one which doesn't take FOREVER to kill. Which is why I am dreading the Sephiroth fights in both main games.

If you want, you can just cheese the Will by doing one-hit finishers to stun-juggle him. At least Mysterious Figure makes you think. Vanitas Remnant is the worse boss because despite his low health, he is Vanitas on steroids, using all sorts of nasty tricks to ruin your life. You need Mine spells to shut him down or he'll kill you quick.

I'm at the end of my Unchanging Armor and Undefeated / Beginner playthrough and I'm struggling with Ansem, big style! Has anyone got any tips for me to help this go a lot smoother.

I'm level 55, have Aeroga and the Leaf Bracer and Second Chance skills but I can't seem to be able to get past the second Ansem fight. If I can't even get past that, then I'm going to struggle massively with the bosses after that, as I've just watched that battle and it looks hardcore! If I could change my weapon, then I'd have done it a thousand times over by now, but this Kingdom Key is pants in terms of damage output. So I was thinking, should I fight on with the Kingdom Key and then if I die just continue, as I'm guessing it will just respawn me at the beginning of the fight I just lost, and then reload when I can change my equipment and go ape on him for the Undefeated trophy. Would that work, provided I don't save over my file, obviously.

44 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I'm at the end of my Unchanging Armor and Undefeated / Beginner playthrough and I'm struggling with Ansem, big style! Has anyone got any tips for me to help this go a lot smoother.

I'm level 55, have Aeroga and the Leaf Bracer and Second Chance skills but I can't seem to be able to get past the second Ansem fight. If I can't even get past that, then I'm going to struggle massively with the bosses after that, as I've just watched that battle and it looks hardcore! If I could change my weapon, then I'd have done it a thousand times over by now, but this Kingdom Key is pants in terms of damage output. So I was thinking, should I fight on with the Kingdom Key and then if I die just continue, as I'm guessing it will just respawn me at the beginning of the fight I just lost, and then reload when I can change my equipment and go ape on him for the Undefeated trophy. Would that work, provided I don't save over my file, obviously.

Regarding your question about the save files I would assume that would work just fine, but I honestly can't say for sure as I never tried doing this myself so don't hold me up on that :P

As for the Ansem fight my memory about the stages is a little foggy, but I believe you're talking about the one immediately after the initial beach fight in a cave like area without Goofy and Donald?

Can't say I got too much advise to give you on this one since (and I'm honestly not trying to sound cocky) I never had any issues with this fight myself. In terms of abilities in case you haven't done this already make sure you've got all the MP Rages and Hastes you've got turned on, since they'll massively help you spam Curega. Aeroga is good but when it comes down to it I'd say your magic is better saved for those heals since you can dodge or block most of his attacks anyways. On the topic of dodging and blocking from what I recall dodge roll is good enough for most of his "basic" attacks while the attack where his "shadow" bodyguard shoots up from the ground repeatedly I found glide to work quite well in terms of dodging this for the most part. Simply time it right and glide around in a clockwise- counter clockwise motion and you should be pretty good. 

Not sure what else to say ... practice makes perfect I suppose :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rune2303 said:

Regarding your question about the save files I would assume that would work just fine, but I honestly can't say for sure as I never tried doing this myself so don't hold me up on that :P

As for the Ansem fight my memory about the stages is a little foggy, but I believe you're talking about the one immediately after the initial beach fight in a cave like area without Goofy and Donald?

Can't say I got too much advise to give you on this one since (and I'm honestly not trying to sound cocky) I never had any issues with this fight myself. In terms of abilities in case you haven't done this already make sure you've got all the MP Rages and Hastes you've got turned on, since they'll massively help you spam Curega. Aeroga is good but when it comes down to it I'd say your magic is better saved for those heals since you can dodge or block most of his attacks anyways. On the topic of dodging and blocking from what I recall dodge roll is good enough for most of his "basic" attacks while the attack where his "shadow" bodyguard shoots up from the ground repeatedly I found glide to work quite well in terms of dodging this for the most part. Simply time it right and glide around in a clockwise- counter clockwise motion and you should be pretty good. 

Not sure what else to say ... practice makes perfect I suppose :P 

Yeah, I'm talking about the fight after the initial beach fight :P. I'm dreading the World of Chaos battle that's afterwards!

Ah right, that sounds like the place I may be going wrong as I don't have any of the MP abilities for Sora but I have them for Donald and Goofy (which doesn't really help me at all :P), so when would I get those then as I'm level 55 now and I chose the Dawn options at the beginning of the game. Sounds like it's good ol' dodge roll to the rescue then :D

Thank you for your tips! :P 

5 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

The only advise I can give you is to watch a speedrun or lv1 playthrough and how those guys do it. That helps me when I struggle with games.

But like Rune2303 I never had difficulties with that Ansem myself. But I did that for Lingering Will and it helped me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Yeah, I'm talking about the fight after the initial beach fight :P. I'm dreading the World of Chaos battle that's afterwards!

Ah right, that sounds like the place I may be going wrong as I don't have any of the MP abilities for Sora but I have them for Donald and Goofy (which doesn't really help me at all :P), so when would I get those then as I'm level 55 now and I chose the Dawn options at the beginning of the game. Sounds like it's good ol' dodge roll to the rescue then :D

Thank you for your tips! :P 

Ouch well afraid I might have some bad new for you then ...

First things first, what you want to be looking at is actually which weapon you choose in the beginning (sword, shield, staff) as these determine the order in which you'll be earning your abilities throughout the game. Heres a link for you to check out so can figure out how you're going to be set up: http://www.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-hearts-hd-15-remix/Sora's_Abilities

The bad news is this ... you said you picked dawn in the beginning and sadly that matters as well just now concerning your abilities, but rather how fast you'll level up. In a manner of speaking its sort of a soft 2nd "pick your difficulty" part of the game

The options are as follow:

Dusk - Level up slower in the beginning of the game but faster towards the end (levels 1-40 is slower than normal but 41-100 is faster)

Midday - Essentially even pacing throughout all the levels

Dawn - Faster leveling in the beginning of the game but slower towards the end (levels 1-40 is faster than normal but 41-100 is slower)

• Like 1