Let's Play Kingdom Hearts

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

:hmm: in that case I'll just create something so horrible that people can't stand to look at it. Maybe something involving a certain fleshy mask and a face that's missing its skin :ninja: .

You monster! :spank: Might as well add a jar of mayo in there too while you're at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I thought you'd have joined on day 1 bud, what happened?

I seriously don't know bud, I'm not online as I used to be, so I probably missed it. :(

What matters is that I'm here now and will have the honor to add all your emblems to my name, a achievement xD

Square Enix have released a new trailer on the back of the Union X event today showcasing some of the mini games that will be in KH3.  There are apparently 20+ minigames in this style.  Also in the video you can see the return of Hayner, Olette and Pence

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Square Enix have released a new trailer on the back of the Union X event today showcasing some of the mini games that will be in KH3.  There are apparently 20+ minigames in this style.  Also in the video you can see the return of Hayner, Olette and Pence

Yes, I saw this trailer. And knowing Square-Enix, they will probably put in trophies requiring you to get the #1 score on all 20 of these Game and Watch titles. Goodbye life. :P

Sat down and watched 358/2 days last night, it adds so much to the story that I had no idea existed by only playing 1 and 2 when I was little. Playing Chain of Memories at the moment, I've been running with a Blizzaga/Firaga deck with some keys at the back for interupts. I've got a Red Nocturne which helps. Any advice on decks I should be using?

• Like 1

Just now, Dessane said:

Sat down and watched 358/2 days last night, it adds so much to the story that I had no idea existed by only playing 1 and 2 when I was little. Playing Chain of Memories at the moment, I've been running with a Blizzaga/Firaga deck with some keys at the back for interupts. I've got a Red Nocturne which helps. Any advice on decks I should be using?

It's great, isn't it. :D That's why I always encourage people to play/watch the games that are often forgotten and give the "spinoff" label. You miss so much if you don't. 

I know little to nothing about CoM but I know @Dragon-Archon knows quite a lot and there's also @soultaker655's boss guide which is very useful. It should be linked in the OP under Guides and Useful Links. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dessane said:

If you haven't got it already, then I recommend going to Agrabah as soon as possible and getting the Jafar card as that will help you for many battles ahead.  You will want to start building your deck with sleights - as @Kent10201 has said check out Soultaker's Boss guide as that helped me massively knowing which sleights were best to use against each boss - he's also included a lot of really helpful videos showing how the sleights work in battle.  Obviously there are spoilers in the boss guide.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/287-kingdom-hearts-rechain-of-memories-boss-guide

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

It's great, isn't it. :D That's why I always encourage people to play/watch the games that are often forgotten and give the "spinoff" label. You miss so much if you don't. 

I know little to nothing about CoM but I know @Dragon-Archon knows quite a lot and there's also @soultaker655's boss guide which is very useful. It should be linked in the OP under Guides and Useful Links. 

It was really good if not a bit confusing, I had the KH wiki open next to me for when I got really lost. I'm sure it will make more sense post COM and 2 again. Looking at Soultaker's guide I think I have a bit to learn, will have a proper read :) 

1 minute ago, Mesopithecus said:

If you haven't got it already, then I recommend going to Agrabah as soon as possible and getting the Jafar card as that will help you for many battles ahead.  You will want to start building your deck with sleights - as @Kent10201 has said check out Soultaker's Boss guide as that helped me massively knowing which sleights were best to use against each boss - he's also included a lot of really helpful videos showing how the sleights work in battle.  Obviously there are spoilers in the boss guide.

I have Jafar so I have the first step done :) will have a full read and make some changes, cheers :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dessane said:

It was really good if not a bit confusing, I had the KH wiki open next to me for when I got really lost. I'm sure it will make more sense post COM and 2 again. Looking at Soultaker's guide I think I have a bit to learn, will have a proper read :) 

I have Jafar so I have the first step done :) will have a full read and make some changes, cheers :)

At least you're playing the PS4 version, you would have had my sympathies if you were doing PS3 (just because of 6 playthroughs)

You're definitely on the right track with the cards you have already, I found the blizzard card to be very helpful.  Once you have some of the later sleights like Lethal Frame, everything gets so much easier ^_^

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

At least you're playing the PS4 version, you would have had my sympathies if you were doing PS3 (just because of 6 playthroughs)

You're definitely on the right track with the cards you have already, I found the blizzard card to be very helpful.  Once you have some of the later sleights like Lethal Frame, everything gets so much easier ^_^

Haha yeah I struggle doing 2 play throughs of a game let alone 6, BLizaga is so good at knocking out non boss waves I've found

3 hours ago, Dessane said:

3 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

@Dessane pretty much what @Mesopithecus said: Jafar card + build your deck to be a stack of sleights in order to spam those. If you need to heal, use Jafar + at least 1 attack card + 1 or 2 Cure cards. That way it can't be interrupted due to the attack card. Another fav of mine was Jafar + Attack + Cure + (Mega) Elixir to heal and restore all your cards that were lost during sleights. If you have premium cards, try to use them at the start of a sleights, since those cards can't be used for the remainder of the battle (unless you use a Mega Potion or Mega Elixir). The same happens to the first card that's used in a sleight anyway. Also for battles against non-bosses, you don't need Jafar if the cumulative value of a sleight is 10 or higher, since normal enemies don't use zero cards or sleights and their highest card is capped at 9.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Just finished the proud run for Sora in COM, clears up a heap of questions I had about the story since I had never got to play this one. The guides were super useful so thanks @Dragon-Archon and soultaker! It was especially useful knowing how enemy cards drop from the start, I have a fair few collected already since I could selectively finish the last target to grind a few out while playing. Now onto the grind before I jump into Riku's Story

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dessane said:

Just finished the proud run for Sora in COM, clears up a heap of questions I had about the story since I had never got to play this one. The guides were super useful so thanks @Dragon-Archon and soultaker! It was especially useful knowing how enemy cards drop from the start, I have a fair few collected already since I could selectively finish the last target to grind a few out while playing. Now onto the grind before I jump into Riku's Story

Nicely done, congrats :yay: . Riku's story is a lot shorter, though that makes the lvl 99 grind all the more boring.

It's good to know the guide is still helping people and yeah, knowing how those enemy cards are obtained saves a lot of time grinding.