Let's Play Kingdom Hearts

So last night I collected all the cards I can for Sora before finishing Riku's story and got Sora to about 75, with that said I decided to run through proud with Riku to unlock those last cards before I finish off Sora. Loaded up today on the second floor for Riku and first fight drops a Random Joker, thank god,  was worried I'd be farming that for ages. Hopefully will make some good progress this weekend

On 4/26/2018 at 0:06 PM, RNumbers said:

I can finally add BBS to my complete list. 2.8 should arrive next week (along with 1.5+2.5 for PS4, which I'll do at some point too). :)

Congrats! I'll update the OP with your progress in the OP in the morning. I'm too lazy to get out the laptop right now. xD

Just now, Dessane said:

So last night I collected all the cards I can for Sora before finishing Riku's story and got Sora to about 75, with that said I decided to run through proud with Riku to unlock those last cards before I finish off Sora. Loaded up today on the second floor for Riku and first fight drops a Random Joker, thank god,  was worried I'd be farming that for ages. Hopefully will make some good progress this weekend

Awesome job! Good luck on making progress this weekend. :yay:

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:38 AM, Kent10201 said:

Awesome job! Good luck on making progress this weekend. :yay:

Made very good progress this weekend, I have finished everything except for Level Master Riku so you could say I had a very (un)productive weekend. Riku is sitting at about level 65 so slowly getting there but boy is it boring haha. Thanks again for this event Kent, no way I would have got to these so soon if not for you being an inspiration :P 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dessane said:

Made very good progress this weekend, I have finished everything except for Level Master Riku so you could say I had a very (un)productive weekend. Riku is sitting at about level 65 so slowly getting there but boy is it boring haha. Thanks again for this event Kent, no way I would have got to these so soon if not for you being an inspiration :P 

Glad I could help! :D

• Like 1

With COM at one more trophy to the plat I'm taking a quick break from KH to knock out my monthly game for Monthly Madness and The Australian trophy league. When I come back I'm planning to start up KH 2 with a proud run, at the moment I'm tempted to line up all the kingdom hearts plats and knock them all out one aftre another but we will see if I stick to that.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dessane said:

With COM at one more trophy to the plat I'm taking a quick break from KH to knock out my monthly game for Monthly Madness and The Australian trophy league. When I come back I'm planning to start up KH 2 with a proud run, at the moment I'm tempted to line up all the kingdom hearts plats and knock them all out one aftre another but we will see if I stick to that.

Proud mode in KH2 isn't that different compared to Critical, the major difference is reduced health, but you start with 50AP and lots of abilities. If you're going to start on Proud, might as well select Crit and plat the game in 1 playthrough.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Proud mode in KH2 isn't that different compared to Critical, the major difference is reduced health, but you start with 50AP and lots of abilities. If you're going to start on Proud, might as well select Crit and plat the game in 1 playthrough.

I did not realise Crit existed, thanks for the heads up I'll start with that and have a read of the guide beforehand. Probably still do the Crit run for dificulties then a normal or easy for 100% depending on how hard I find it, I remember Sephy being a pain

1 minute ago, Dessane said:

I did not realise Crit existed, thanks for the heads up I'll start with that and have a read of the guide beforehand. Probably still do the Crit run for dificulties then a normal or easy for 100% depending on how hard I find it, I remember Sephy being a pain

Yeah, Crit is the new hardest difficulty from KH2 on and there's a trophy for beating the game on that difficulty. Difficulties also stack and there isn't a trophy for Normal or Proud mode. Seph isn't that bad as you have a new drive form (Limit Form) and spamming Sonic Blade usually staggers bosses while also restoring your health. It's perfectly doable to plat it on Crit, I did it in ~72 hours compared to the 90 hours the guide estimates. Though it should be noted that I also played the game 50+ times on the PS2, so knew a lot of the vanilla game's content. Only the KH2 Final Mix content was new.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, Crit is the new hardest difficulty from KH2 on and there's a trophy for beating the game on that difficulty. Difficulties also stack and there isn't a trophy for Normal or Proud mode. Seph isn't that bad as you have a new drive form (Limit Form) and spamming Sonic Blade usually staggers bosses while also restoring your health. It's perfectly doable to plat it on Crit, I did it in ~72 hours compared to the 90 hours the guide estimates. Though it should be noted that I also played the game 50+ times on the PS2, so knew a lot of the vanilla game's content. Only the KH2 Final Mix content was new.

Alright sweet, thanks. I'll see how I go with it once I start with 2, been looking forward to it I loved that game back in the day :) 

2 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Finally finished bbs. I know i said the grind didnt feel that bad compared to previous entries but i take what i said back. The grind was real and very boring.

Congrats! I updated your progress in the OP.

I'm almost done with that grind myself. I've got around 2 hours left with Terra and half of Ventus's left to do. I actually think the grind is pretty fun. Watching shows and movies helps a lot to counter the boredom. 

4 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Congrats! I updated your progress in the OP.

I'm almost done with that grind myself. I've got around 2 hours left with Terra and half of Ventus's left to do. I actually think the grind is pretty fun. Watching shows and movies helps a lot to counter the boredom. 

Having to 100% the game 3 times is just mad. Once is more than enough imo.

15 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

You playing the ps3 version too?

Yep, I bought my PS3 specifically to play the KH games. A month later they were announced for the PS3. :shakefist: The PS3 has plenty of great games that I haven't played yet though so it was still worth it. 

On 5/5/2018 at 6:17 AM, Kent10201 said:

@Dessane Great job on all of the progress you've made. You're flying through them. :D

@RNumbers Here's your badge for completing Birth by Sleep. Congrats! 

Reveal hidden contents

0pqhnFx.png

Cool, thanks! I actually enjoyed BBS a lot and didn't find it TOO grindy. I was kind of dreading it after having played it on PSP back in the day, but the new content kept it interesting and the difficulty wasn't as bad as I remembered. Kind of looking forward to doing it again on PS4, haha.