My Name is Mayo EU release date FINALLY

Infernofeuer1

6 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

It's a shared list? Not gonna lie, I think that's pretty hilarious. :lol: Not such an appealing game when there's no new trophies to get, is it? :awesome: 

Yeah, I thought about it a few days ago already how funny it'd be if it turned out to be a shared list with all these people being so happy with new tropy trash stacks. Didn't think it was actually going to be a shared list :lol:.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MRTheChez said:

I just bought the EU game, but it seems that the trophies aren't region bounded. so I just throwed away another dollar

The excitement of a third Mayo plat clouded my senses, and I neglected to investigate trophies before buying, too.  But hey, I'm happy to provide a company I foresee providing better and better (and funnier) games with an extra dollar.  Or an extra quid, in this case.

Edited by IntroPhenom

On 03/11/2017 at 3:44 PM, Gommes_ said:

It is because trophy hunting used to have another purpose. In a time far, far away it was given out, because someone put effort, time and skill into a game. 

Yeah, but along the way, some devs realised that they could shift a few more copies by putting in an easy trophy list. It's worth remembering, though, not everybody cares about trophies, but we do, which is why we're here. If it's not on my 'must play' list, but adds one to my counter, I'll take a look.

In fact, I've uncovered a few gems that I've really enjoyed, which I only bought because it seemed to have a straightforward trophy list. Valley in particular springs to mind.

I don't understand why some people get so excited about others having this plat' on their list. It's their choice to play it, so who's business is it but theirs? It's not like the numbers actually mean anything other than we've spent a lot of time & money playing video games.

3 hours ago, Xemik said:

Yeah, but along the way, some devs realised that they could shift a few more copies by putting in an easy trophy list. It's worth remembering, though, not everybody cares about trophies, but we do, which is why we're here. If it's not on my 'must play' list, but adds one to my counter, I'll take a look.

In fact, I've uncovered a few gems that I've really enjoyed, which I only bought because it seemed to have a straightforward trophy list. Valley in particular springs to mind.

I don't understand why some people get so excited about others having this plat' on their list. It's their choice to play it, so who's business is it but theirs? It's not like the numbers actually mean anything other than we've spent a lot of time & money playing video games.

Sums it up pretty well. Most of the topic actually

Just goes to show how divisive trophy hunting can be, because I don't agree. Surely, trophy hunting is about numbers. This is very different to Completionists who have to 100% ever game they play. I have a very good PSN friend who does this. He likes the numbers for sure, but he has to complete the game AND DLC to 100%.

His skill levels are way beyond anything I can achieve, but he is many levels below me on PSN, because he generally doesn't play the easy Indies. Partly because he hates that they always seem to bring out reams of DLC which he has to buy because he wants the 100%.

Me? I don't care about 100% (to a degree). I gave up on that years ago when I realised it was getting silly. I mean, trophies  don't really mean anything, do they? So, perhaps because I'm an accountant, I play the numbers game. ;)

I've got some tough plats in my list & a fair few easy ones. too, and if folk don't like that, it ain't my problem. Trophies are just one reason why I play a game, but it's likely to be the main reason I play an obscure Indie game. And for the most part, I've played some darn good ones which I'd have ignored otherwise.

Edited by Xemik