Diablo III non-trophy question

So, I like this game, and have been playing it with my main character a lot. I note that as you upgrade a legendary gem, the success rate goes down. However, if you up the level of the Greater Rift, the success rate goes back up. I've almost upgraded one of the gems to level 25, but I have a bunch more gems as well.

My question is this: can I play the lower difficulty rifts to upgrade the rank 0 gems at 100%, or do they also lose their success percentage if I lower difficulty of the Greater Rift?

I hope that makes sense.

Edited by starcrunch061

The chance for an upgrade attempt to succeed is based on a combination of the rank of the Legendary Gem you're attempting to upgrade and the level of Greater Rift you reached
As a Legendary Gem's rank gets closer to the level of Greater Rift you've completed, the chance of success decreases
Finally, once the rank of a Legendary Gem exceeds the level of Greater Rift you're able to complete the chance to upgrade is cut in half for each rank above the Greater Rift level you completed

For example: If you attempt to upgrade a rank 1 Legendary Gem in a level 30 Greater Rift the chance for success is 100%; however a rank 31 Legendary Gem will only have a 30% chance for success in a level 30 Greater Rift and a level 32 Legendary Gem will have a 15% chance of success.

I'm not sure if I answered your question or not tbh haha.

Edited by ShadowSigmaX
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, ShadowSigmaX said:

The chance for an upgrade attempt to succeed is based on a combination of the rank of the Legendary Gem you're attempting to upgrade and the level of Greater Rift you reached
As a Legendary Gem's rank gets closer to the level of Greater Rift you've completed, the chance of success decreases
Finally, once the rank of a Legendary Gem exceeds the level of Greater Rift you're able to complete the chance to upgrade is cut in half for each rank above the Greater Rift level you completed

For example: If you attempt to upgrade a rank 1 Legendary Gem in a level 30 Greater Rift the chance for success is 100%; however a rank 31 Legendary Gem will only have a 30% chance for success in a level 30 Greater Rift and a level 32 Legendary Gem will have a 15% chance of success.

I'm not sure if I answered your question or not tbh haha.

That tells me everything I need to know. Thanks so much.