Tomotakino's Chronology of Completion

TomoTakino

Great list so far! Excited to see where it leads in the future! The sly games were some of my favorites on the PS2, and the Lego games have always entertained me even if I don't own any on the PS4 as of right now.

Keep up the great work! ??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Official-ME- said:

Hi there wave.png

Nice list 1f44c.png I see that you really like Ratchet and Clank, just as I :). You went from one to another :D . I also suspect you're a lego fan ? 

Wish you a wonderful day (^_^ )

Thanks!  Yeah, I love the series and I really hope they keep making them after the movie bombed.  I still have to go back and finish All for One and Full Frontal Assault though.  And yes, very much so lol.  Thanks for commenting!

• Like 1

While I'm still updating and adding to the lists (unfortunately I spent the better part of one morning finishing this but accidentally erased it by closing the tab), I've obtained my first platinum since opening this topic!  Thanks to Wdog-999's "Let's Play Neptuina!" series which I am an active participant of, I now have my 60th platinum trophy: Cyberdimension Neptunia!

:platinum: #60 Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online

November 7, 2017 (6:58 PM)

1L760146.png

When I first heard that they were doing this, I had imagined Neptunia meets .hack or Sword Art Online and that really caught my interest, enough so that I pre-ordered the game.  What it ended up being was an action RPG version of Hyperdimension that took place in a fake online world.  I really liked that you could choose to play as any of your favorite characters, each with their own skills, class and gameplay style and I did like the shift to action RPG, which made it way more fast paced.  There was still a lot of fan service and it seemed more blatant this time around (including a 'weird camera angle') which was something I wasn't big on.  The game was really short too and the story was pretty meh but I did enjoy this game and it was a pretty fun spin off.

Another update!  I've finally put in all of my platinums into the thread but I still have to add in my 100% completions and my goals.  Meanwhile...

:platinum: #61 Lego Dimensions (PS4)

November 8, 2017 (4:07 PM)

1L7f7a49.png

This game is the ultimate Lego game and the ultimate mash up. Sure it's very pricey to pick everything up but there's a plethora of awesome licenses here.  Back to the Future (voiced by Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd), ET, A Team, Lord of the Rings, Ghostbusters, Beetlejuice, the list goes on and on.  And they actually interact with each other, such as Doc Brown mistaking Scooby for Einstein or Sonic telling the Ghostbusters he has a creepy doll that needs an exorcism.  The additional stories were also some of the longest levels I've played in a Lego game (Sonic's took me over 2 hours to beat) and each additional character unlocks a hub world to explore or additional abilities.  Plus building and rebuilding the awesome figurines is a really cool touch (having a miniature Lego Delorian is awesome).  The thing I really like about it though is being able to pay studs to rent a hero to get the collectables so you're not completely locked out by a paywall.  I still have to finish the last two story packs but I'm certain I will continue to play this for a long while just to experience the overwhelming amount of content in the game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another update and another Lego platinum, this time the PS4 version of Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4!

:platinum: #62 Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PS4)

November 17, 2017 (9:01 PM)

1L5a3915.png

This one worried me a lot to be honest.  The game was notoriously glitchy on PS3 and Xbox 360 and when I completed it back on 360, I had to replay it 3 times to get the completion since it glitched numerous times.  The most worrying was when I was 4 gold bricks short of 200, knowing I had explored every cranny of Hogwarts.  Thankfully, I found the four in the basement of the Leaky Cauldron and managed to get this trophy.  Onto Harry Potter Years 5-7!

Another platinum update!  This one is for the second half of the Lego Harry Potter collection on PS4!

:platinum: #63 Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (PS4)

November 23, 2017 (3:49 PM)

1Leb7447.png

Another Lego game!  I remember playing this when it first came out and really enjoying it so I was looking forward to revisiting it.  And truthfully, the updates from 1-4 was really nice.  I liked the ghosts that showed you area totals so you know where a missing student in peril or collectable is located and it was slightly less glitchy overall (though in my case, it was glitchy but in a beneficial way, counting extra gold bricks for some reason).  Also, what was up with "Year 8"?  *checks title* I realize that Year 7 part 2 sounds weird but better than adding bonus years.  Meh.

Happy Thanksgiving and Black Friday to everyone!  I hope you guys got your fill of great food and great deals.  I know I got a few new games this holiday that I can't wait to try out (Wolfenstein 2, Forza 7).  Also, it was a good couple of days as I got two platinums!  Yesterday, I obtained the Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 and I got another one today!

:platinum: #64 Catlateral Damage

November 24, 2017 (10:28 PM)

1L3ae4a7.png

This game was one I picked up very cheap on a flash sale and I ended up really enjoying.  Having had numerous cats throughout my life, this one was quite funny and a great simple "cat simulator" that tasks you with knocking down as many objects as possible.  It was humorous, filled with cat photos and puns and lots of little nods to cat owners, such as chasing lasers or smacking around toilet paper rolls.  While it's generally regarded to be an easy platinum, I took my time and enjoyed the game.  Just one thing though: why couldn't I knock over the Christmas tree?  I can't tell you how many times my cats have done that!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone and I hope you're enjoying the holiday season!  Hopefully you guys are progressing well on your holiday preparations (if you celebrate).  I've got another update and this one is a big one: five new platinum trophies!

:platinum: #65 Steins;Gate (PS3)

December 2, 2017 (7:27 PM)

1Lb65f1b.png

I got this one on a flash sale around May but I didn't give it a serious try until last week when it was mentioned that the platinum trophy is an easy one (which I'm trying to quickly accumulate so I can get the reward and earn a $10 PSN card).  And though the intro didn't capture me the first time I played it, after playing through the first couple chapters, I was hooked!  This is easily one of my favorite visual novels ever and was extremely well written.  I've always been a huge fan of time travel ever since I saw Back to the Future in the 80s (and further cemented by one of my favorite games Chrono Trigger) so the interesting perspective this game takes along with the real quantum science drew me in instantly.  The characters were awesome and I truly ended up enjoying this one quite a bit more than I expected to.  If you haven't played it give it a whirl.

:platinum: #66 Steins;Gate (Vita)

December 3, 2017 (10:05 PM)

1Lb65f1b.png

Having double dipped on the game during the sale, I decided to fire up the Vita version.  I was quite shocked that the Vita version wasn't as compressed or chopped up as I thought it would be (it still looked and sounded nice).  But having just finished it on PS3, I managed to speed run this one and complete it in a few hours (but thanks to me halfheartedly trying it in May, it counted as a six month completion).  Still awesome, check it out if you can.

:platinum: #67 Lara Croft Go

December 4, 2017 (1:07 PM)

1Lf116e4.png

This is another one I bought on a whim and ended up enjoying more than I thought I would.  This one is also now my fastest platinum trophy, clocking in at 3 hours 17 minutes.  While the grid based gameplay took some getting used to (I'm not a huge fan of the isometric view), I actually enjoyed some of the puzzles and the game did keep that Tomb Raider feel to it, despite being locked onto a game board-esque grid.  Having to find hidden pots was also a neat idea but some of them were almost impossible to find (hidden in the far background or behind rocks).  While the game was almost too short, I enjoyed my time with it and I may play this one with my wife later on (who enjoys puzzles and brain teasers).  It did remind me though that I have to go back and finish Tomb Raider.  That game was epic.

:platinum: #68 Hitman Go: Definitive Edition

December 4, 2017 (5:44 PM)

1L7b0d30.png

The Hitman series was one that I don't have a huge amount of experience with, having only really played Hitman 2 back in the PS2 days.  However, the series is interesting and I loved the concept back in the day, I just unfortunately haven't played many of the games in the series.  Hitman Go was, however, on sale at the time I bought it and though it doesn't accurately reflect the gameplay, it's still an interesting game.  Like Lara Croft Go, it's more of a puzzle/board game and I really liked that each level had separate objectives to complete, such as "kill everyone" or "don't kill dogs".  Still, I think I liked Lara Croft Go a lot better.  The rotating map throws me off big time and makes me have to stop and readjust to the surroundings.  I can't tell you how many times I was chased by a dog into one of those sections, only to accidentally move into them (or a guard in general) and have to restart.  Still, for a game that was initially designed for mobile phones, it was fun and an interesting take on the franchise.

:platinum: #69 Teslagrad

December 4, 2017 (10:32 PM)

1L47879f.png

Three platinum trophies in one day is a new record for me and this is the game that did it!  Thankfully though, I got this game for free on PS Plus because I didn't enjoy it much.  The concept was pretty interesting (using magnetic energy to traverse and solve puzzles) but the physics felt way off.  Seriously, there were numerous times I'd jump into a field thinking I was gonna rocket up only to crawl upwards at a slow pace (or even worse, fall and float downwards).  There were also times I'd barely hit the button and fly upwards.  A lot of the collectables were a pain in the butt to get too, such as the one that requires you to shoot yourself up onto a block and jump onto a magnetic platform and pull it to the collectable or one that requires you to dash as you're flying upwards to land on a ledge.  It is interesting though having a game's trophy list exist solely based on collectables.  Still, this game pushed me over the 10 platinum mark so as soon as Sony catches up, I should have 1000 rewards points!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another small update, this time not a platinum but two completions!

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #33 The Walking Dead: Season 2 (PS4)

December 14, 2017 (9:26 PM)

L6a019d.png

I have yet to play Season 3, but if it's as good as Season 2 was, then I'll be itching to play it!  This season really upped the ante I felt and replaying it showed me how much more the choices impacted the story this time around.  My wife especially loved the game, especially the twist thrown at us in the second episode and was devastated near the end of the season, especially after realizing that there were numerous different endings this time around.  Still, it was a great story thematically and we both really enjoyed it.

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #34 Battle Trivia Knockout

December 15, 2017 (7:46 PM)

L2f18b6.png

Truth be told, I purchased this mainly because I love trivia games.  However, I wasn't a huge fan of it and shelved it, only realizing later that the trophies were simplistic and easy.  However, while looking for games to complete my "Twelve Days of Christmas" challenge on Truetrophies, this one popped up.  After getting most of the trophies on one run, I decided to take the extra 15 minutes to complete it.  Overall, still kind of a meh game though (I much prefer Jackbox).

• 2 months later...

Just an update: I've been really busy with other stuff lately but I'm still playing games here and there.  I'm probably going to try for the Dynasty Warriors 9 platinum as I'm enjoying that one a lot, despite everyone else telling me I shouldn't.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!  After a relatively uneventful six months, I've finally got platinum #70: Scribblenauts Showdown!  The three platinum day must have killed my momentum a bit, though truthfully it's more because I've been playing other systems more recently (such as the Nintendo 64 and NES).  I was getting close to the Dynasty Warriors 9 and Devil May Cry platinum but truthfully I got distracted by other games.  Not this time!

:platinum: #70 Scribblenauts Showdown

May 21, 2018 (6:00 PM)

1Lcfa1b0.png

I was actually pretty jazzed when I heard they were making another Scribblenauts game.  I really enjoyed the series on the DS and Wii U and the lower price point drew me in.  However, I didn't enjoy this one as much mainly because there didn't feel like there was a whole lot to do.  It seems like they cut out a lot of adjectives too and I was done with exploration in a matter of hours.  After that, it felt like a Mario Party clone with less games.  Still, it was a lot of fun flinging bankers into a tower Angry Birds style to take down my wife's structure first.  I hope they continue making these games for the PS4 but with more content next time.

Only 30 left until I hit 100!  I'm working on finishing up the last game of the Ezio trilogy (Revelations) as well as a few other games.  Hopefully I'll get more plats before November!

Edited by TomoTakino

• 2 weeks later...

I actually intended for Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 2 to be my next platinum (I'm currently farming plans to finish up Stella's Dungeon) but I ended up getting three additional platinums, one of which is my fastest platinum trophy with a time of 1 minute I guarantee I will never come close to ever again (unless a similar scenario occurs).

:platinum: #71 Sound Shapes (PS4)

June 2, 2018 (1:21 PM)

1L8eb9aa.png

I got this one for free back in the day and decided to finally try it out.  And even though it's an easy platinum trophy, I enjoyed this one a bit (though it felt a bit short).  The gameplay reminds me a lot of Bit.Trip Runner with more of a puzzle influence and a lot of the songs were catchy and relaxing.  The level editor that allows you to create your own songs is pretty awesome too.  The death mode levels were a pain though.  It felt like it was either a difficult pattern that required luck (like the four laser robots or the laser X that shot every few seconds) or they gave you barely enough time to finish (like the two asteroids or the missiles in the city).  Still, I enjoyed this game and I'll probably still play it to create some music or drum beats.

:platinum: #72 Sound Shapes (PS3)

June 2, 2018 (3:58 PM)

1L8eb9aa.png

This platinum was essentially a freebie.  Once you get the platinum trophy, you can save your game to the cloud and reload it on any available platform the game is on and instantly unlock all the trophies and the platinum again.  This is mainly due to the fact that each trophy is for completing a level in the game or a music stage, so once they're all unlocked you can instantly get all the trophies.  Funny enough, the trophies didn't unlock for me immediately but after restarting the game, they all started popping up.

:platinum: #73 Sound Shapes (Vita)

June 2, 2018 (4:45 PM)

1L8eb9aa.png

Another freebie.  It honestly took longer to install this game than to pop the platinum and this game forever set my fastest platinum at 1 minute (unless there's a similar situation and the trophies pop faster).  Essentially, I could platinum this game an additional three times by repurchasing the European, Japanese and Chinese versions, but considering I got the game free (and it was cross buy), I'd rather not spend the extra money to purchase the same platinum trophies.  Still a fun game to play though.

Thanks @GravityQueeen!  I really appreciate your comments and feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed it!  If you have any questions about formatting or anything like that, feel free to let me know I can help you out and I'd be interested in reading your journey as well. Your profile suggests you're a very talented gamer and a completionist like me so I think it'd be very interesting to read.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Thanks @GravityQueeen!  I really appreciate your comments and feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed it!  If you have any questions about formatting or anything like that, feel free to let me know I can help you out and I'd be interested in reading your journey as well. Your profile suggests you're a very talented gamer and a completionist like me so I think it'd be very interesting to read.

Thats too kind of you! I appreciate that xD

Another platinum!  This one is for Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2, which I finally got around to completing!  I'll be starting Re;Birth 3 soon!

:platinum: #74 Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2

June 6, 2018 (1:16 PM)

1L078d00.png

I bought this one with the other two Re;Birth games a couple years ago and briefly started it after joining the Let's Play Neptunia forum (though I moved onto Cyberdimension instead).  While the game is very samey to Re;Birth 1, the story was interesting and I enjoyed the little upgrades this game offered.  I also enjoyed Nepgear a bit more as the protagonist of this one.  However, I will say the DLC absolutely breaks this game if you get it.  Nepgear's anime inspired sword boosts her strength up to 3000 at level 1 (allowing you to solo nearly every boss in the game), the super EXP saves tons of grinding and the Stella DLC almost feels necessary as it both halves the exploration time of dungeons and allows you to keep your gear to simply retry if you fail.  Stella's minigame was not my favorite but with the DLC was manageable (though I was not happy when I failed True Neptral Tower three times after exploring for 13 hours each time).   Still, I enjoyed this one and I'm looking forward to the next one.

I also joined another club, Camp Wannalottaplat, which is a summer camp experience through trophies.  It seemed like a blast so I'm likely going to mix my time between Re;Birth 3 and the five games I chose for the Camp (which you can see through my recent RE7 trophies).  I also screenshot my Vice City platinum in my vita trophies just to prove it's real (since PSN is still glitched and won't show the actual trophy).  I really hope that gets fixed soon but until then, here's my proof:

Bcr7J2A.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Alright!  Busy month of June on Playstation as I just earned my fifth and sixth platinums of June and my seventh platinum in the last month!  The first one has been in my backlog for years and the second was a game I was anxious to try and ended up loving and finishing!

:platinum: #75 Jak and Daxter: Precursor Legacy (Vita)

June 13, 2018 (5:55 PM)

1Lc42e03.png

This was the first rerelease of Jak & Daxter I played back in 2014 but honestly, it wasn't a fantastic port and I ended up switching to the PS3 version after I got that one instead.  Still, I love collect-a-thons and this game is really awesome to play through again.  Interestingly enough, since I last played a debug mode was found which I used sparingly to make finding precursor orbs a whole lot easier (though I didn't unlock the power cells early as I felt that would make the game boring).  Still a blast to play through even if the game locked up on me five or six times trying to get the platinum.  Most likely I'll be going for the triple platinum once my camp games are finished.

:platinum: #76 Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

June 15, 2018 (10:48 PM)

1L43843f.png

I got the gold edition of this game a while ago for really cheap and wanted to play this game but never got around to it.  I'm glad I finally did though because this game was awesome.  Very creepy and tense and it had a unique atmosphere that I felt called back to the older RE games while having it's own unique gameplay.  Sure, the game lost a lot of that near the end of the game (and subsequent playthroughs as well) but the game was refreshing and a lot of fun.  I'm hoping RE8 continues this style of gameplay!  I'll eventually play through the DLC but it will likely be after I finish Final Fantasy XV (or fail to do so before the camp event expires).

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a very prolific month for me and I owe it mainly to Camp Wannalottaplat!  Another update: two more platinum trophies including another backburner game!

:platinum: #77 Life is Strange: Before the Storm

June 21, 2018 (1:05 AM)

1Lb9cb92.png

I was eagerly anticipating this one when it was announced but I got sidetracked in my backlog.  However, the deluxe version went on sale for E3 and I ended up picking it up and swapping out my Sims 3 game for this one in the camp.  My wife and I did really enjoy playing this one and the backtalk system was pretty awesome.  Even though there weren't any superpowers in this one, it was still fun.  I was slightly disappointed in the choices though.  The thing I loved about Life is Strange were the characters and the huge impactful choices you had to make.  In BfS, I didn't really get that same feeling, even though it did delve more into Chloe's life before Max. Still a very fun game though I much prefer the first game, even though it only took a few hours to get through.

:platinum: #78 Final Fantasy XV

June 26, 2018 (9:09 PM)

1L698b77.png

Now I just need the one after 909 (kudos to anyone who gets the reference)!  At first, I had mixed feelings about this game and how different it was compared to the previous games.  I wasn't a huge fan though I did spend roughly 30 hours exploring and doing side quests.  However, after reading about Camp Wannalottaplat, I decided to sit down and give this one a fair shot.  And I'm glad I did because I ended up enjoying it a lot.  Sure the story was a mess and it only took roughly 15 hours to finish after I started but I kept coming back to it afterwards, not so much because I had to but because I wanted to.  I still have DLC to finish up (especially with a second season pass releasing this next year) so I'll likely be coming back to this as soon as I finish up replaying FF7 with my wife (who fortunately has yet to be spoiled about anything in the game).

Another platinum update!  This has been a very prolific couple of months for me and I've got a couple more platinum games I can hopefully unlock soon!

:platinum: #79 Awkward

July 2, 2018 (12:27 AM)

1L2e2b17.png

Ever since playing Jackbox Party Pack, my wife and I have had a huge resurgence of interest in party games.  Awkward is an interesting take on the party game as the questions are specifically written to spark debate and get people upset with each other.  While the early round questions are simple and usually involve questions such as "Which alcoholic drink do you prefer?" or "Do you like pineapple on your pizza?" but end up getting very personal quickly with questions such as "Have you ever had a crush on your partner's friends?" or "Do you believe disabled people have the right to have children?".  It was a very interesting game and I didn't really see any duplicates (duplicate questions usually had different answers each time) but I still prefer Jackbox to it.  It does have the distinction of being my first ever trophy guide though so hopefully when that gets reviewed it will help you get the platinum too!

20 hours ago, Jens said:

Hey, a fellow Yakuza newbie :P I like it quite a bit as well, but reading up on the most annoying things you need to do for the platinum.... gives me slight shudders :D But oh well, we will get there, I am confident :highfive:

Thanks for the vote of confidence!  Yeah the Mahjong trophies worry me a bit but I still really enjoy the game and I'm glad I preordered the second one.  I hope the PS4 ports of 3-5 come over as well.  Good luck to you as well!

• Like 1