Tomotakino's Chronology of Completion

TomoTakino

Nice!  I do enjoy mahjong but I personally don't understand it well enough to be good at it.  I believe I know what game you're talking about too but I have yet to try it out myself though I am a bit worried now lol.  Yakuza Kiwami 2 does look very fun but I understand where you're coming from, it does feel like you could get fatigued playing too many in a row.  Personally I do well with repetition though.

So I kinda splurged a bit with all the recent sales.  On top of a few games my wife purchased for me, I also got quite a few new games from the midyear sale, Prime Day and the flash sale.  So truthfully, I expect to see my completion percentage drop relatively quickly as I play through a bunch of new games here shortly.  In the meantime though, I've completed two additional games and again one of them is one I've had on the backburner for a while!

:platinum: #80 Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom

July 6, 2018 (6:30 PM)

1L5d8f49.png

Wow, eighty platinums!  I also recently surpassed my Xbox gamerscore which is a feat I didn't think I'd accomplish (due to it being 160,000+ points).  My wife and I like to play hidden puzzle games together and when I heard there were a few for PS4, I added them to the wishilst.  This game was part of the mid year sale so I got it and played through it with my wife, only to find that it is an incredibly easy completion.  Sure, most hidden puzzle games are very easy and quick games to complete but I enjoyed playing this with my wife, despite it being very much a cliche hidden puzzle game.  However, unless you're looking for an easy platinum I recommend waiting for this one to go on sale.  Still, I'll be playing the sequel here shortly with my wife.

:platinum: #81 Lego Marvel Superheroes 2

July 19, 2018 (8:17 PM)

1L7fbcd0.png

Another Lego platinum and this one was more of a challenge this time around.  Not necessarily because it was hard but more because it was long and tedious.  You can tell they really tried to mix things up this time around with things like challenges and different boss mechanics but it just ended up making it feel more drawn out.  I started this one when it came out but kind of put it on the backburner until the DLC was finished.  Still, there's a ton of cool superheroes in this one and they returned to having a big overworld instead of tons of little ones so I appreciate that.  But searching for hours to look for the one missing Kang surveillance droid or flying around the old west looking for a single poster I was missing wasn't very fun nor was fighting wave after wave of enemies for quests or to make the boss vulnerable again.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing Guitar Hero and Dragon's Crown Pro a lot recently.  I'm trying to get the Guitar Hero TV trophies before it shuts down in December and so far I'm doing pretty well but unfortunately I found out both of my guitars have strum bar issues.  I opened it up and cleaned it up with some WD-40 which worked for a couple days but they're back to being spotty so it's kind of frustrating trying to play songs and getting low scores (especially when I need to get the 1000 note streak trophy).  Dragon's Crown Pro is a game I got on a whim though and despite the characters being extremely disproportionate, my wife and I have been thoroughly enjoying exploring the world and leveling up together.  Definitely an awesome purchase I recommend.  Meanwhile, I also got another Lego platinum!

:platinum: #82 Lego The Incredibles

July 29, 2018 (11:20 PM)

1L1e5dfa.png

After playing Lego Marvel 2, I was starting to get burnt out on the franchise again and almost didn't try this one out despite my wife being a huge Pixar fan.  Thankfully I did as I thoroughly enjoyed this one.  It may be because TT Fusion's games are much more direct and fast paced but I feel this one was better off for it and the unlockable Pixar characters were a cool touch.  Definitely one of the more fun Lego games I've played recently.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been taking a slight break from Playstation recently.  Been playing some Turbografx games and my Switch quite a bit lately and I've been having a blast with it.  However, I still have obtained a couple new completions along the way!

:platinum: #83 Jak II (PS4)

August 3, 2018 (2:15 PM)

1Ld79c3f.png

As disheartened as I was back in the day for this to be so different to the Precursor Legacy, it was pretty fun.  However, with this platinum, I had heard they had uncovered a debug mode and I tested it out and easily got the platinum trophy.  Not exactly a platinum I'm proud of and I'll definitely be going back to play through it legit (the Vita version).

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #35 Adam's Venture Chronicles (PS3)

August 11, 2018 (3:24 PM)

La33fe2.png

Been a while since I got a 100%!  This one has been sitting on my hard drive and it's a knock off Uncharted clone with three minisodes compiled into one game.  Honestly, the game was somewhat fun but I didn't like the one dimensional characters (all of Adam's forced and misogynistic humor, Evelyn being the discredited sidekick, the villain being evil for the sake of being evil) and the puzzles were either WAY too easy or difficult.  I also felt like they kept setting up cool stories with no real payout or explanation (ooh look, the Garden of Eden you've been searching for, watch it blow up before you even go in!).  Still, it wasn't unplayable (though watching Adam climb an invisible ladder was hilarious).

Edited by TomoTakino

Nice work on your platinums from July and your latest platinum trophy. You need to fix the Life is Strange trophy images and some other images on the first page of your checklist. Otherwise, looking good.Got anything planned for Platinum #100? Maybe Dark Souls? Or one of the Crash Trilogy titles?

• Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 7:26 PM, James_Tonto said:

Nice work on your platinums from July and your latest platinum trophy. You need to fix the Life is Strange trophy images and some other images on the first page of your checklist. Otherwise, looking good.Got anything planned for Platinum #100? Maybe Dark Souls? Or one of the Crash Trilogy titles?

Thanks for the feedback!  The Life is Strange images are the platinum image but they don't show up too well against the white background.  Perhaps I'll change them.  And the platinum trophy images keep glitching out when I edit them back.  As far as plat 100, I'm not sure honestly.  I was thinking of maybe Diablo III for the personal significance it has for me and my wife (even though it's technically glitched and won't show up on my profile).  Crash is an awesome idea though.

• Like 1

Speaking of significant plats, I got another one tonight with my wife.

:platinum: #84 A Way Out

August 20, 2018 (9:57 PM)

1Le85b48.png

Despite being such a short game, my wife and I absolutely loved it.  We managed to start it and power through it non stop until the finale and it was an awesome game that we both thoroughly enjoyed.  The co-op aspect is fun and unique and I didn't feel like it was shoehorned in afterwards at any point and despite my wife being a newbie when it comes to games like this, she never felt like it was too confusing or difficult.  Seriously, find a buddy who owns this game and have them invite you to play it.  So long as they own it you can play the full game from start to finish for free.  This one is also a very cool milestone as it is my wife's first ever platinum trophy (though she isn't interested in that so much as the storyline).  Very fun game overall.

Been enjoying some games with my wife recently.  Tried Shenmue for the first time ever thanks to the rerelease and I'm digging it though I'm not very far.  Can't wait until Tuesday when Yakuza Kiwami 2 comes out (even though I'm still working on the first game).  However, I recently got three new platinum trophies and I'm inching ever closer to platinum 100!

:platinum: #85 Undertale

August 25, 2018 (2:12 AM)

1Lb8278e.png

Very interesting game.  Reminds me a lot of Earthbound and I really like that you can do a pacifist run (and get different endings depending on that).  Papyrus is also one of my more favorite characters from this game (though the awkward Dr. Alphys was interesting too).  However, the Dog Shrine was an annoying and useless sidequest and the game was way shorter than I expected.  Still, there's some fun replayability here.

:platinum: #86 Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS4)

August 25, 2018 (10:57 PM)

1Lb27644.png

Trifecta!  I still really enjoy this game a lot and the PS4 port is my favorite of them.  I was able to introduce some friends to this series with the PS4 port with Share Play too.  Very fun game, definitely worth playing through three times.

:platinum: #87 Grim Fandango Remastered

August 26, 2018 (5:31 PM)

1L12c265.png

I love old adventure games and I'm especially a fan of old Lucasarts adventures (especially Monkey Island) but I never got a chance to play this one in it's prime.  Still, the remastered version was a blast (though I wish the Tank control trophy wasn't there).  Very funny game with an awesome story.  Just be wary there are a lot of missable trophies if you're planning on playing this yourself (which I recommend).

So I've been juggling my love of old adventure games with my Sims addiction lately.  I managed to play through a few old adventures and manage to introduce my wife to Monkey Island thanks to GOG.  However, in the process, I picked up Sims 4 and started playing that one again and now that I've got a few expansions I'm kind of hooked playing through the game again.  I've got a few rare trophies now and honestly I think I can probably get the platinum if I keep up my progress.  Meanwhile, I did get three additional platinums.  Finally hit 90!

:platinum: #88 Full Throttle Remastered

August 28, 2018 (8:16 PM)

1L9b03bb.png

Continuing my adventure game playthroughs recently, I started up Full Throttle, a game I never manged to play through (or really hear about until the remaster).  Honestly, while it was very short, I liked it quite a bit.  The story was a lot of fun and the action system was unique.  I'll likely be playing through Day of the Tentacle next (when I take a break from Sims).

:platinum: #89 Adam's Venture: Origins

August 29, 2018 (7:55 PM)

1L1f0168.png

When I initially purchased this game, I thought it was a prequel to the PS3 Adam's Venture.  Instead, it ended up being the same game just restructured around and with action scenes replacing a lot of the puzzles.  While I did enjoy this version a lot more than the PS3 one, I still dislike the one dimensional characters and Adam Venture himself.  If you're looking for a fun adventure, I recommend Tomb Raider or Uncharted 4 instead.

:platinum: #90 Day of the Tentacle Remastered

September 1, 2018 (7:56 PM)

1Lf4cd41.png

What a fantastic game.  I used to absolutely love Maniac Mansion and I only briefly got to play Day of the Tentacle back in the day.  It was a blast to play through this game, it's humorous, it's got time travel and the wacky Maniac Mansion humor and, as a huge bonus, you can play the full version of the original Maniac Mansion as well (though the controller doesn't suit it well).  Definitely a great remaster and a great game overall highly recommended.

Edited by TomoTakino
Additional Platinum

So I've got quite a few games in line that I could platinum with a little effort and push me to plat 100.  I'm 7 games away from getting the plat in That's You, I could probably power through It's Quiz Time to get the plat and both Sims and Diablo are close to completion (though those will take considerably more effort).  However, it's likely I'll probably plat a few more adventure games (since I'm really enjoying them).  I've even got two more adventure game plats, bringing my total up to 92!

:platinum: #91 Deponia

September 2, 2018 (12:54 AM)

1L9a0bce.png

I had played through this before on PC but it was just as fun and hilarious the second time through on console.  Even though Rufus is a jerk and somewhat annoying, the various interactions are very funny and I really liked how they adapted the control system to PS4.  The ending still sucks though.  It's relatively cheap I recommend picking it up if you like adventure games, especially modern realizations of them.

:platinum: #92 Chaos on Deponia

September 2, 2018 (5:18 PM)

1L4ae22c.png

The second game carries on right after the first game and is just as funny as the first in my opinion.  The trophies were a little more varied and difficult and tie in well with the overall humor.  I really hope that Goodbye Deponia gets a PS4 release so we can get the full trilogy.  After playing the first two it makes me want to see how it ends (though I could just hop on my steam account, I'd rather finish them on the PS4 so my wife can see the conclusion too).

MASSIVE platinum update here!  I've managed to get the seven platinums needed to make my total 99!  Most of them are fast and easy games mainly because I've got some extra time this weekend so I wanted to hit 99 so I can binge on Diablo and hopefully plat it and get plat 100!

:platinum: #93 Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery

September 5, 2018 (1:25 PM)

1L357fd2.png

This one is another one of those hidden object games and to be honest I wasn't really paying attention to the story much.  It was pretty fun but it seems like most of the hidden object games are very samey.

:platinum: #94 My Name is Mayo (PS4)

September 6, 2018 (2:37 PM)

1L0f2b9f.png

Yeah...like I said I was trying to get a bunch of easy plats so I could focus on Diablo with my extra time.  This "game", while having a couple of funny bits, is definitely just bait for trophy hunters.

:platinum: #95 My Name is Mayo (Vita)

September 6, 2018 (8:31 PM)

1L0f2b9f.png

The Vita version is a lot more annoying as you can't use the touch screen for some reason.  My arm still hurts from this one.

:platinum: #96 Nubla

September 6, 2018 (10:22 PM)

1L8d9407.png

Kind of a cool concept game!  Very artsy, nice music.  Unfortunately, it's extremely short and very easy to beat (hence the nearly 90% platinum rate).  Ultimately, they should have waited and released the other parts of the game into this one.  Still, I wanted a fast platinum and this one definitely achieved, taking roughly a half hour.

:platinum: #97 Orc Slayer

September 7, 2018 (10:15 PM)

1L0a80f0.png

This game sure lives up to it's name.  All you do is shoot Orcs over and over until you beat all 13 levels and what a boring ride this one was.  Still, if you want an easy 3 hour platinum (with only a couple of missables), it's cheap.  Still wouldn't really recommend it though.

:platinum: #98 World of Nubla

September 8, 2018 (4:06 PM)

1L2a7656.png

So you'd expect two different games with two different prices to be two separate games right?  Nope.  This is the exact same game as Nubla but with a demo for Nubla 2.  Still, it's an easy stack.

:platinum: #99 Jazzpunk

September 8, 2018 (5:55 PM)

1L6d75d8.png

Finally one platinum away from triple digits!  And what a weird game to bring us in to the 99 spot!  This game was quirky in a good way and I had a blast playing this game, even if it was extremely short.  Kissing bums, diving onto concrete and various other wacky things made this one pretty memorable.  I hope they make a sequel!

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #36 Randal's Monday

September 4, 2018 (7:20 PM)

Ld34a16.png

To be truthful, I was really enjoying playing old school adventure games and this one peaked my interest when I purchased it a while ago.  It wasn't until I finished it that I actually realized it didn't have a platinum but it was a great ride and I loved this game a lot.  There are SO many references in this game it's almost impossible to count.  From streets named after classic adventure games and developers to posters of classic movies and games, I enjoyed the story a lot and laughed at all the constant references.  I highly recommend this one.

Well, over the past week I've been diligently working towards my 100th platinum trophy: Diablo 3.  Ultimately I knew it wouldn't show up on PSNProfiles due to the hidden trophy glitch that's still affecting several of my games (including my Vice City platinum) but it was a game that mean something special to me and my wife so I went for it.  And today, I've obtained my 100th platinum trophy: Diablo 3 (even though PSNProfiles likely is showing me as only having 98).  I do have another game planned for my PSNProfiles plat 100 (which will really be 102) but I'll begin work on it after getting another plat.

:platinum: #100 Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

September 15, 2018 (6:51 PM)

1Ld62e93.png

Unfortunately, due to the hidden trophies glitch on PSN, you won't see this on my profile (hence the imgur proof link taken from my wife's account).  However, Diablo 3 holds a special significance to my wife and I.  When we first got to know each other, she mentioned that she was a big fan of Diablo 3.  I owned the game but didn't get much further than Act 1 and so every night, we'd hop online together and play through Diablo while getting to know each other.  Essentially, this game was the catalyst that caused us to bond and fall in love with each other.  So when the issue of what my 100th platinum would be, one with some sort of significance or difficulty, this one came to mind.  I still have a few Necromancer trophies to get but no doubt my wife and I will be playing this together for quite a while longer.

:platinum: #101 Blackwood Crossing

September 16, 2018 (2:31 PM)

1L387843.png

At first, this game really confused me.  The story was jumping around a lot and with all the superpowers, I wasn't really sure what was going on.  Of course, as the story unfolded, I began to understand and it was a tragic and beautiful game overall.  It was pretty easy and there wasn't a whole lot of gameplay but it was an interesting game.

Edited by TomoTakino
another plat

Well, I finally managed to power through and get plat #102, which shows up on PSNProfiles as my #100!

:platinum: #102 The Sims 4

September 19, 2018 (11:04 PM)

1L718efb.png

This will definitely show up as my #100 on PSNProfiles unless the hidden trophy glitch fixes itself and unhides my two hidden platinums.  I chose this one though because Sims has had a big impact on my life from the moment I first played Sims 1 back in 2000.  It was fun, therapeutic and addictive as all hell.  It was the only game every single person in my household was addicted to at the same time, even my mom who would stay up until 2 AM to keep her sims happy.  My personal favorite will always be Sims 2 just for the sheer amount of content and cool features they added to that game.  After playing Sims 4 for quite a large amount of time, I really dig a lot of what this game has going for it but I can't help but feel underwhelmed.  So much of this game is locked behind a paywall and it honestly feels like a step back.  I do really enjoy the new aspiration system as well as multitasking and the game does have a lot going for it if you pick up the expansion packs but it still feels like something's missing.  Either way, it's still a fun game (though it's one heck of a time consuming plat) and I enjoyed going for the platinum on this one.  I'll definitely be playing this one a lot more in the future.

• 2 months later...

So it's been a while since I last got a platinum trophy and for the most part it's because I've been wrapped up Assassin's Creed Odyssey as well as playing my switch a lot more recently.  However, I have been playing some PS4 games here and there and I was super excited to play the Spyro remake when it came out.  And of course, that's my new platinum!

:platinum: #103 Spyro the Dragon

November 22, 2018 (10:36 PM)

1L891f42.png

Truth be told, this is the fourth time I've gotten 120% since the game came out on the 14th and the fourth time I've essentially platinumed the game.  I completed it twice on Xbox One and twice on PS4 (mainly because my preordered PS4 copy was briefly lost before being delivered nearly a week later so I rebought it on Xbox).  I do love this game a lot though.  Even the fourth time through, I was having a blast.  It's incredibly easy though and I'm very ready to move onto Ripto's Rage but I thoroughly enjoyed this remake.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2018 at 1:08 AM, JimboUrbanian said:

Well done mate. I can say I read all of it but that would be a lie haha. It is really a nice list. I have a plat and 100% on Lego Star Wars, but hoping on getting plats on a few more of them. Anyways GG mate. 

Thanks!  I appreciate the feedback!  Good luck with the lego plats they're fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Two more platinums just in time for the end of the year!  Possibly my last two platinums of the year but we'll see.

:platinum: #104 Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

December 7, 2018 (1:56 AM)

1L3f1abf.png

This game was one of my favorite games on the PS1 and one of my favorites in general.  It's also very likely my favorite Spyro game.  I had a blast replaying this game and though I still have to go back and get a couple skill points, this one is pretty much complete.

:platinum: #105 Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

December 15, 2018 (2:47 AM)

1Lbc8c9f.png

Surprisingly enough, this was the first time I really played Spyro 3.  I got it on PSn when it first came out but didn't get very far and it's a shame cause this game was an absolute blast to play through.  It feels like a mix between both previous Spyro games and the worlds were really fun to explore.  Definitely a game I wish I played earlier.  Hopefully now that these three are out they'll re-release some of the other Spyro games or make a new one.

OK, I was wrong.  I got another platinum.  There's still about two weeks left until the end of the year so I may possibly get another one but this one was a good one to go out on a bang with.

:platinum: #106 South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS4)

December 18, 2018 (4:23 PM)

1L5826d9.png

I really enjoyed this game on PS3 and ended up getting it for free when preordering Fractured But Whole.  However, though I dabbled a couple times with replaying it, I never got very far.  This time, however, my wife and I have been rewatching the series so I felt like playing it again.  This game is so offensive and crazy but a great game overall irregardless.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy new years all!  I hope your new year was a good one!  As always, New Years is a great time to reflect upon the events of the past year and I'd like to take this opportunity to reflect on one of my most prolific trophy years: 2018.

2018 Trophy Stats

• Total Trophies Earned: 1969
  • Total XP Earned: 59,700
  • Total Levels Gained: 7
  • Total Platinum Trophies: 36
  • Total 100% Games: 2
  • Total PS4 Platinums: 32
  • Total PS3 Platinums: 1
  • Total Vita Platinums: 4
  • 100th Platinum Earned: Diablo 3/Sims 4 (Due to PSN hidden trophies glitch, Sims 4 actually appears as my 100th, though it was truly Diablo 3).
  • First Platinum of 2018: Scribblenauts Showdown
  • Last Platinum of 2018: South Park: Stick of Truth (PS4)
  • Favorite Platinum: Diablo 3
  • Favorite Game of 2018: Spyro Reignited/Assassin's Creed Odyssey

2018 was a great year for me as far as trophies went and that was considering I started late (mainly due to most of my free time in the beginning of the year going towards a personal project).  I think the trophy reward system helped a lot with that too since it allowed me to focus and get more free games for getting trophies.  This year was special to me too because I finally got my 100th platinum trophy for a game that means a lot to my wife and I: Diablo 3.  We actually got to know each other by logging in each night and leveling up our characters so that platinum means a lot to me.  Sims 4 was also a great platinum I earned because I love the Sims series and having pretty much a PC perfect port on console was awesome (though I wish you could use a mouse and keyboard).  There were a lot of fun games I ended up playing this year as well.  I was really enjoying the Devil May Cry collection as well as Dynasy Warriors 9 (which I understand a lot of people hate).  Resident Evil 7 was a game I truly had a blast with and replayed it several times, even if it originally started as part of a playthrough for my summer camp group (which was also pretty cool but kind of imploded near the end).  I always enjoy Mega Man and getting to play Mega Man 11 and Mega Man X on PS4 this year was really cool and revisiting/finding point and click adventures was a lot of fun as well.  But ultimately, my favorite games this year have definitely been Spyro, Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Castlevania.  Spyro was one of my favorite PS1 series and I personally felt the remake was handled very well.  I enjoyed the first one so much I ended up platting it roughly 4 times on separate accounts!  Assassin's Creed was also epic and I loved exploring ancient Greece.  It always felt like there was a ton more stuff waiting for me around the horizon and I'm definitely going to have to get back into that game.  Castlevania is a series I've played ever since the NES but I only really played the early ones, despite owning both of these titles before they came to PS4.  However, it wasn't until this release that I really sat down and gave it a fair playthrough and I'm loving both of these games, especially Symphony of the Night.  Why have I put off playing these for so long?

Of course, there were a couple of missed platinum opportunities.  Guitar Hero Live was one I focused heavily on for months, getting all of the TV trophies except the Strumillionaire trophy.  However, after investing close to 100 hours into the TV mode and hearing the same songs over and over, I found I was only a quarter of the way through and gave up to play something more fun.  In a way I kind of regret that but I ultimately game and consequently get trophies for games I'm enjoying so it wasn't a total loss.  I was also playing Hyperdimension Neptunia 3 pretty regularly and beat it twice, only stopping briefly before the third ending (most of the trophies I need are for lily ranks).  If I had buckled down and played it I could have easily got the plat but I suppose that will be one of my early 2019 plats.  I was also very close to getting the plat in That's You as well as somewhat close to It's Quiz Time but my family grew bored of them and it wasn't nearly as much fun playing alone.  Jak 2 on PS3 also ended up being a bungled mess as I used the debug mode to get to the ending but the trophies didn't unlock, unlike the PS4 version, leaving me with a jumbled mess I'll have to clean up later.

Ultimately 2018 was a great year and I'm very much looking forward to 2019!  Thanks for reading!

Two days in and I've got my first platinum of 2019!  While I was technically aiming to make it my last plat of 2018, this is still cool!

:platinum: #107 Castlevania Requiem

January 2, 2019 (6:24 PM)

1L0b1f58.png

This was actually my first time beating Rondo of Blood since purchasing it after the Wii Shop right before the Wiipocalypse and the first time I've ever played Symphony of the Night.  And wow what a blast these two games were.  I thoroughly enjoyed them.  Rondo of Blood definitely kicked my butt on a few of the later stages but after some getting used to I ended up really enjoying it.  But Symphony of the Night was definitely my favorite of the bunch and I absolutely loved playing it, even though I'm really kicking myself for waiting so long to try it.  I actually really enjoyed Simon's Quest on the NES, despite it being cryptic, and this game felt like a bigger, more fleshed out and well balanced version of that game.  The game never felt cheap (unlike Haunted Castle) and I loved the extra RPG elements the game introduced, such as variable equipment and leveling.  This one is definitely one I'll be replaying again and again in the future.

EDIT: Also got another platinum I've been working on for a while!

:platinum: #108 That's You!

January 5, 2019 (2:37 PM)

1L3777dc.png

When I got this for free I was kind of skeptical but ended up enjoying it quite a bit.  Most of the fun of this game for me and my family was using the camera filters to make really weird faces and poses, though near the end of the platinum run my family began to grow bored with the gameplay.  To be fair, it mostly is just testing how well you know your friends and family though the ability to create your own questions is awesome and made playing the game less monotonous near the end.  Still, this game is always on sale for $5 or less and it's a blast (you can even play offline, unlike Jackbox).  Just be forewarned that you'll need 6 actual phones or players to get all the trophies if you're going for this yourself.

Edited by TomoTakino
More platinums

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so far this year is off to a fantastic start as far as completing platinums is concerned!  Today, I managed to wrap up the Rebirth trilogy!

:platinum: #109 Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 3

January 13, 2019 (4:09 PM)

1L02f949.png

So I started this one after binge playing the second game and at first I really enjoyed the game.  It was pretty much more of the same but it had an interesting storyline (going to another dimension to witness the start of the nations and relive 90s console games) and cool challenges that you could do to up your stats.  However, near the middle of the game, it honestly felt like the entirety of the plot was watching Plutia and Neptune laze around while everyone else built up their nations.  Still, I enjoyed it and I'll probably be playing some of the spin offs and VII soon.

• 1 month later...

So, there has been somewhat of a lull in my platinums.  I've started several games that I was on track to platinum but started other games and though I've really enjoyed them, I know if I just put a bit more effort into it I could platinum them.  However, today I managed to wrap up a game: Goodbye Deponia!  (Also, happy Valentines Day everyone!)

:platinum: #110 Goodbye Deponia

February 14, 2019 (3:02 PM)

1Ld0b798.png

I really enjoyed the first two Deponia games and naturally, I was very happy when the final part of the trilogy was announced to make its way to consoles (as well as the spin off game coming out later this month.)  While I enjoyed playing this one, there were a few things that bothered me about it.  Namely the leper colony section which if you've played the game will likely know the things I'm referring to.  And the ending is comparable to the first game.  But still, it was a very enjoyable game overall and I'm really glad Daedalic released it (wasn't sure how well the first two parts did).  I'm looking forward to seeing how Doomsday changes things up later this month!

EDIT: Two more plats today!

:platinum: #111 Sigi: A Fart For Melusina (PS4)

February 14, 2019 (4:32 PM)

1L3358b1.png

I gotta admit, when I first saw this game listed under the "New Trophy Lists" here, I had to scratch my head and wonder what it could possibly be.  After looking it up, it turned out to be a flatulent mix of Ghost and Goblins with Mario.  So, because it was cheap, I ended up picking it up just for the humor factor.  It's actually a pretty solid game but WAY too short (I beat it blind in 32 minutes).  And, for a game priding itself of farts so much to put it in the title, the farts weren't even that humorous.  I mean, c'mon, GTA 1 & 2 had a fart button, this game screams for one but nah, only as a joke after the level.  Still, despite it being infuriatingly easy and short, it was fun.  Hopefully, if they do a sequel, they'll add in a lot more levels but if you're looking for a cheap, easy platinum, look no further.

:platinum: #112 Sigi: A Fart For Melusina (Vita)

February 14, 2019 (5:35 PM)

1L2eecd8.png

So, because the game was so cheap and it seemed fun (plus it had stacked trophy lists), I picked up the Vita version the same day I got the PS4 version.  And with my newfound knowledge of the game, I managed to 100% it in 19 minutes flat.  Even with the extremely poor framerate on the game.  Seriously, it drops to around 5 FPS when there's lots of enemies on the screen.  Ugh.  Stick with the PS4 version.

Edited by TomoTakino
New plats

Two more plats!  I've also made some major progress in "It's Quiz Time", knocking out the 7500 4 player trophy and the 9999 trophy (as well as the game mode specific trophies).  Now I simply have to play a few more games for that platinum!

:platinum: #113 The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

February 18, 2019 (12:33 PM)

1L62f608.png

My wife and I really enjoy this series.  So much so that my wife bought the season pass disc for this when they first started releasing the episodes.  However, at the time, I was still catching her up with the series to get to that point.  After beating it roughly a year ago, the story was so overwhelming we took a break to process it.  Naturally, other games came up and due to conflicting schedules and other games to play, we never quite got around to it.  However, with both of us having a clear day, we fired this game up.  I absolutely loved the crowdplay feature in this one!  We play the games together and it was SO much easier for her to simply play with me and choose her answers instead of yelling them out and hoping I press it in time.  The overall story was interesting too, even though I still enjoyed Season 2 the best so far (though Season 1 is extremely close behind).  I loved the character analysis at the end and it makes me wonder just how much could have changed this time around (it seemed like small, stylistic changes this go around but it'll be interesting to revisit it with my friend and see if that's true).  Looking forward to seeing how the final season wraps the story up!

:platinum: #114 Cat Quest

February 18, 2019 (8:19 PM)

1L10438f.png

Cutesy cat RPG?  How could you go wrong?  Well, to be completely truthful, I wasn't expecting much from this game.  But boy was I glad to be wrong.  This game was addictive and fun, albeit repetitive and a bit short.  Lots of cat puns, exploration and equipment.  I was exploring and doing side missions that I breezed through the main quest in a matter of hours without any real level grinding (though I did go back and beat all the dungeons/side quests before the final boss).  Definitely a fun RPG and a very easy platinum if you're looking for a fun, quick plat.

Man, it seems like there are a ton of great games coming out recently!  My Steins;Gate Elite preorder came in and I am loving it.  It keeps the depth and enjoyability of the original game and adds in the superbly well done anime scenes.  I really hope they make more visual novels in this style, perhaps when Steins;Gate 0 anime releases they could do Steins;Gate 0 Elite?  Though I have noticed that the pictures and songs I would get through e-mail don't seem to be there, though it could just be me not understanding how to access it.  My Gyakuten Saiban preorder from Japan should be shipping soon as well!  Hopefully that gets here soon.  In the mean time, I've gotten one more platinum quite a few years in the making.

:platinum: #115 Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition

February 21, 2019 (11:13 PM)

1L3546d3.png

I originally picked up Guacamelee on PS3 and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  However, before the final boss, I wanted to make sure I got 100% and wound up never beating it despite being SO close.  When I got this game on PS Plus back in 2015, I didn't want to go through the hassle of replaying the game to get back to where I was and shelved it.  But after purchasing Guacamelee 2 Complete on sale recently, I wanted to go back and re-experience the first game to see if there was anything I missed or forgot.  Irregardless, this game is a very enjoyable Metroidvania style game and I loved all the little hidden cameos such as the wrestler "Hero" (dressed in a green tunic), Cabre Simulator and the like.  Definitely glad I played this one again it's an awesome game worth checking out.

• 2 weeks later...

Man what a week!  Been playing two really awesome games for the past week and I managed to complete them both on the same day!  Both are highly, highly recommended too!  Now that they're done, I'll likely move onto the newest Lego game (Lego Movie 2) and then after that?  I'm not sure if I wanna jump right into Steins Gate 0 while the original story is fresh in my mind or start up the new Resident Evil 2 remake I've been waiting for and finally picked up.  Definitely will be playing them both sooner or later but not sure which one I should start first.

:platinum: #116 Steins;Gate Elite

March 3, 2019 (4:17 PM)

1Lb39708.png

Steins;Gate was a complete surprise to me when I first played and it easily ranks up there with some of my all time favorite stories ever told.  And this remake enhances the game tenfold!  By far my favorite version of the story.  The entire game is told through anime cutscenes, both ripped directly from the show and created specifically for the game and the script is based off the excellent original VN making this one a joy to replay and re-experience.  Even if you're not a fan of VNs overall, I still highly recommend checking this one out simply for the awesome story (which I'm trying extremely hard not to spoil).  Definitely had a blast with this one and I can't wait to start up Steins;Gate 0 soon!

:platinum: #117 Phoenix Wright Trilogy

March 4, 2019 (12:23 AM)

1L92133e.png

Phoenix Wright has remained one of my favorite game series since I first picked it up in 2006 and I've replayed the first one so many times I could probably mumble the answers in my sleep.  So when I heard they were releasing soon for PS4, I had to import it (it's fully in English if your system default language is English).  Replaying this collection was an absolute blast and the minor tweaks they implemented this time around were amazing.  From the magnifying glass that shows you what you've already examined to the gorgeous graphics (and fixing the minor issues the previous HD collection broke) this is one I'm really glad I picked up and replayed.  Here's hoping that the remaining three release on PS4 as well and it incentivizes Capcom to localize Gyakuten Kenji 2, Dai Gyakuten Saiban and Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2, but that's more of a pipe dream.