Tomotakino's Chronology of Completion

TomoTakino

1 hour ago, TomoTakino said:

Man what a week!  Been playing two really awesome games for the past week and I managed to complete them both on the same day!  Both are highly, highly recommended too!  Now that they're done, I'll likely move onto the newest Lego game (Lego Movie 2) and then after that?  I'm not sure if I wanna jump right into Steins Gate 0 while the original story is fresh in my mind or start up the new Resident Evil 2 remake I've been waiting for and finally picked up.  Definitely will be playing them both sooner or later but not sure which one I should start first.

:platinum: #116 Steins;Gate Elite

March 3, 2019 (4:17 PM)

1Lb39708.png

Steins;Gate was a complete surprise to me when I first played and it easily ranks up there with some of my all time favorite stories ever told.  And this remake enhances the game tenfold!  By far my favorite version of the story.  The entire game is told through anime cutscenes, both ripped directly from the show and created specifically for the game and the script is based off the excellent original VN making this one a joy to replay and re-experience.  Even if you're not a fan of VNs overall, I still highly recommend checking this one out simply for the awesome story (which I'm trying extremely hard not to spoil).  Definitely had a blast with this one and I can't wait to start up Steins;Gate 0 soon!

:platinum: #117 Phoenix Wright Trilogy

March 4, 2019 (12:23 AM)

1L92133e.png

Phoenix Wright has remained one of my favorite game series since I first picked it up in 2006 and I've replayed the first one so many times I could probably mumble the answers in my sleep.  So when I heard they were releasing soon for PS4, I had to import it (it's fully in English if your system default language is English).  Replaying this collection was an absolute blast and the minor tweaks they implemented this time around were amazing.  From the magnifying glass that shows you what you've already examined to the gorgeous graphics (and fixing the minor issues the previous HD collection broke) this is one I'm really glad I picked up and replayed.  Here's hoping that the remaining three release on PS4 as well and it incentivizes Capcom to localize Gyakuten Kenji 2, Dai Gyakuten Saiban and Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2, but that's more of a pipe dream.

Well, it's great to hear both those games were excellent! I loved the original steins gate, and having just finished zero, you have a lot to look forward to!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LimitedTimeGamer said:

Well, it's great to hear both those games were excellent! I loved the original steins gate, and having just finished zero, you have a lot to look forward to!

Thanks for commenting!  Yes I do love the original Steins Gate and they did a phenomenal job with Elite.  Very much looking forward to 0 now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm currently really enjoying Resident Evil 2.  I've beaten it twice now and I'm going back attempting to S+ rank the game on Hardcore with Leon.  Currently at the first boss and it's pretty tough but I'm hoping to finish it up cause those infinite ammo weapons seem awesome and I'd love to have the platinum (though I'm not great at RE games so it'll take some doing).  My wife is intrigued by the game but it always makes me laugh when she's around watching me play.  Horror games usually don't scare me too much (except Slender...and Mr. X in this remake) but occasionally, I'll be playing a horror game and not realize my wife is watching and she will scream at something I'm anticipating or wouldn't normally worry about.  Her screaming makes me jump though which I always laugh and tell her helps me get a better experience.

I've also been slowly working towards the Lego Movie 2 platinum which is actually tougher this go around simply because it uses the Lego Worlds engine and pseudo lootboxes to unlock content.  I've beaten the game already and I'm slowly 100% completing the different worlds and holding out hope that the 100% does not include the random objects and super relic items, which are this game's form of red bricks that you have to pull from super relics which in turn you have to pull randomly from treasure chests.  Unfortunately, this is an arduous task irregardless due to how rarely they pop up but the fact that you can get dupes in the random poll makes it 10 times worse.  If not for this fact, the game is pretty enjoyable due to the exploration.

Inbetween Leon runs and exploring, I've also managed to pick up four additional platinums!

:platinum: #118 36 Fragments of Midnight (PS4)

March 10, 2019 (7:08 PM)

1Lf2ed24.png

I originally purchased this game on Switch for a dollar and actually enjoyed the simplistic gameplay.  It's pretty much a randomized platformer that resets itself every time you play with a cool nighttime setting and that's pretty fun.  Of course, when I saw it was an easy platinum and cross buy with separate lists for only 3 dollars, how could I resist double dipping?  It really did freak me out at first when I got all 36 shards and the game forced me to run into a trap killing me, popping both the 36 fragments and the died with 36 fragments trophies but when I replicated that on Vita later on, I realized it must be purposeful.  Still, not a bad game for an easy platinum.

:platinum: #119 Midnight Deluxe (PS4)

March 11, 2019 (12:03 PM)

1L3f6421.png

When I first played this, I thought it would be a bigger, more "deluxe" version of 36 Fragments of Midnight.  Instead, this game is a puzzle game that requires you to fling Midnight towards the goal, avoiding obstacles or activating switches and getting rated depending on how many flings you use to get to the end.  It's still an incredibly easy platinum (97% plat rate?  Crazy!) but it plays more like Angry Birds that 36 Fragments of Midnight.  I kind of like the prequel better to be honest but the puzzle elements were cool and the soundtrack was haunting and beautiful.  Definitely a great soundtrack on this one.

:platinum: #120 36 Fragments of Midnight (Vita)

March 11, 2019 (12:03 PM)

1Lef509c.png

Double platinum since it's cross buy.  Still a fun game the second time around and this one helped me realize that it's not really a glitch getting the 36 fragments and die with 36 fragment trophies at the same time.  Bit smoother on PS4 but still a fun game to take on the go.

:platinum: #121 Midnight Deluxe (Vita)

March 11, 2019 (4:38 PM)

1La65dd5.png

This game I expected to control better on Vita but it actually controls a lot worse for me.  The sticks on the Vita are way too loose to accurately flick Midnight with and you can use the touch screen but it was pretty confusing that the aim meter popped up where your finger is, not on Midnight making it slightly tricky to aim that way.  Definitely prefer the PS4 version over this one but still another easy platinum.

• Like 1

Wow what a ride!  I've been playing RE2 the last week and it's been intense and a ton of fun.  Definitely one of my favorite remakes and very likely my favorite RE so far.  Of course, after beating it twice, I didn't think I could beat Hardcore, let alone S+ it but with Darkness's guide on Youtube, I managed to complete it and unlock the infinite rocket launcher, which sped things up considerably (especially after realizing I only had to S rank the game on Hardcore, not S+ rank).  I ended up beating it something like 10 times overall, just because I was having so much fun with it, even though I memorized it enough that I could probably beat the game in my sleep now.  Hilariously enough, I managed to have more trouble with 4th Survivor than S+ Hardcore.  Go figure.

In this time I also managed to complete Lego Movie 2 game.  And, to be fair, I was worried about whether or not I had to unlock the super items and the like for 100% but it seems like that's not the case, though if you want them all the final world gives out red relics like candy.  Still, it was fun jumping into this one to calm down after a few failed runs on RE2.  Now that those two games are done, definitely gonna fire up Steins Gate 0 and REmake next, as well as resume playing Lego Dimensions (since I started replaying that one again the other day).

:platinum: #122 Lego Movie 2 The Videogame

March 13, 2019 (8:15 PM)

1L1a69c2.png

This game got REALLY bad reviews but I actually enjoyed it quite a bit (then again, I enjoyed the Lego Worlds game despite the insane trophies it had).  While the story mode was kinda lame, I enjoy the exploration in these games a lot.  It is extremely repetitive, loot boxes suck (even though this one has guaranteed pulls) and fetch questy but weirdly therapeutic.  Despite that, I enjoyed this one and admittingly, the change in the formula was kind of refreshing.

:platinum: #123 Resident Evil 2

March 15, 2019 (9:18 PM)

1L51af80.png

The fact that this game, despite requiring so many runs and has quite a bit of difficult things to do has such a high completion rate speaks to how amazing this remake is.  Truthfully, I sat down and completed it roughly 8 times in two days and STILL wanted to keep playing it, despite knowing all the answers to the puzzles and optimal routes.  I loved the atmosphere, the detailed recreations of areas and especially Mr. X, who is terrifying and continued to scare me long after I memorized the enemy placements.  Sure they changed a few things here and there and took a few things out (namely Extra Battle) but this is a top grade remake in my book and one I'll definitely be replaying quite a bit into the foreseeable future (also to complete the free DLC).

• Like 1

Hey there!  Been progressing slowly on my games of choice recently.  I started up Stein's Gate 0 and I'm really getting absorbed into that.  I'm not TOO far with it but the storyline is intriguing me and I'm curious how this will end up.  For those curious (spoilers):

Spoiler

The game feels quite weird but realistic with Okabe being a normal, everyday person who's abandoned his chunnibyou status due to the trauma of the first game.  Plus the fact that Kurisu is backed up as an AI really piqued my interest.  I believe that at some point her backed up consciousness will likely be put into a new body but I'll have to see.  Also, I was gearing myself up for an obvious route (Kaguri getting lost in 2000 when John Titor visited the first time and growing up into Kurisu) and when they announced she got lost in 1998, I laughed and convinced myself that I had it all figured out.  But when Kaguri actually appeared it shocked me pretty good.  I'm currently investigating Maru's ending at the moment so please no further spoilers.  I simply wished to discuss what's going on so far.

I also have been chugging away at Resident Evil 1.  I managed to beat the Knife Only Chris run and I'm currently working on the 100% Jill run, as suggested by the guide.  Been about 15 years since I last beat REmake (on the Gamecube) though I played it here and there when the PS3 and PS4 versions came out.  Replaying this one after RE2 Remake is interesting too because I keep finding clues to the sequel here and there in the notes, even though I do miss the over the shoulder view (occasionally, I'll get wrapped up in the view change and suddenly change my controls, only to run towards a zombie or enemy).  Still, the game is a masterpiece even after playing REmake 2.  I'm kind of dreading Real Survival and Invisible Enemies but I figure if I play it enough I'll learn the layout like I did for RE2 and that'll help with the speed run trophies.  Gonna be playing this one for a while longer.

I've also been playing some games with the family.  Lately, we've been playing multiplayer word searches with the "Word Search by POWGI" game and it's been quite a blast playing them with a few people.  We also played another game and I managed to wrap up the plat for it!

:platinum: #124 It's Quiz Time

March 21, 2019 (7:36 PM)

1La89536.png

I got this last July on a flash sale as we've been loving the Jackbox and Playlink games and this one easily became our favorite for a while for one reason: Salli.  The virtual host of this game makes this one a huge blast.  Not only does she address each player by their actual name (or whatever you put under the pronunciation) but she's constantly making snide remarks that hit close to home.  We laughed as my wife, the youngest player in the group, was constantly berated for "being too young to understand the question" or being told "The girls aren't letting you win.  Honestly." when I was the only male in the group.  Not only that, the questions are personalized, such as "What movie came out the year Jerry was born?".  Each of the categories was a blast too and unique for a trivia game, such as one that asks you to describe everything you know about a particular subject and having your friends tick off answers as you mention them or guessing what year each particular subject came out with the closest players winning.  This is truly a fun and unique game that everyone should play with a sarcastic host that keeps things fresh and interesting every single time.  Beware though, the plat requires 8 unique android devices.

Whew, another Resident Evil down!  To be honest, I've been really absorbed in this series for the past couple weeks, eating up the amazing RE2 remake and moving backwards to the 2015 remaster of REmake.  After doing 20+ combined runs on both games, this normally would be where I start to get franchise fatigue and move onto something else.  However, I'm still itching for more which is a testament to the quality of the remakes.  Still, I'm intrigued by Steins Gate 0 and I'll definitely be heading back to that one next before starting RE0 (the next RE title in line), especially now that I'm not worried about maintaining focus in order to optimize my speed run route.

:platinum: #125 Resident Evil

March 26, 2019 (9:36 PM)

1L78159c.png

To be honest, this one seemed way too daunting for me at first glance.  I initially replayed this one to revisit the story with my wife and introduce her to both the characters and classic style of the first one, especially since she was intrigued after seeing RE2 Remake.  To be honest, doing the first knife only run on very easy with Chris strengthened those fears as I was struggling to reacquaint myself with the game and the controls (I hadn't beaten this one since 2005 and I remembered very little of it).  I used the trophy guide to optimize my playthroughs but began to worry about whether or not I would have the skill required to pull it off.  But every time I worried and fretted about the next run, I managed to overcome it.  On the Jill Normal run, I managed to breeze through the puzzles, remembering them from fumbling around the first playthrough.  The real survival was also a lot easier than I anticipated as I was pretty knowledgeable about the game and my fears were truly allayed after seeing I ran a 3:55 on it, putting to rest my worries about the speed run and the rest of the trophies.  This game is truly amazing and it was a fun challenge getting the plat.  Definitely a proud one I'm happy to have earned.

So pretty big update here.  I finally finished Stein's Gate 0.  Being a sequel to one of my favorite visual novels, I had high expectations.  But I'll summarize in a spoiler just in case you haven't played it yet or want to skip the long winded explanation.

Spoiler

In the beginning, I was really intrigued.  Coming fresh off of Steins Gate Elite, I was curious why they started the game immediately after the first failed attempt to reach Stein's Gate.  I was even more intrigued when they introduced Amadeus Kurisu and Kagari and was sure they were setting up one of two options.  Either Kagari was really Kurisu and her lost memories were of her time as Kurisu or they were planning on using Amadeus to 'recreate' Kurisu (which did happen just not the way I expected).  However, the story this time wasn't as good as I expected.  It fits nicely and is decent, but the split story was somewhat confusing (Kagari had Kurisu's likeness and memories in one, in the other she was really Yuki?) and I felt the character interactions droned on for too long.  There would be times where I was really intrigued and on the edge of my seat, but others where I was haphazardly clicking past the dialogue wondering when it would pick up again.  Halfway through Maho's ending, I was ready to turn the skip on after they droned on about her friendship to Moeka and the slumber party.  However, then the story spiked and got really interesting when Dr. Reyes was revealed to be the double agent.  Okarin experiencing World War III was devastating and insane too.  In the end, I was slightly disappointed though.  They never explained Kagari's likeness to Kurisu or her true parents and the true ending was somewhat of a let down.  Still, it was decent and it was pretty interesting to see a different side to Okarin and the gang.

Needless to say, I got the platinum for both versions.  Not only that, but I got three additional platinums as well.  I did go back and replay RE2 and finished the second to last Ghost Survivor but I'm struggling with No Way Out (can't seem to get past 74).  I also started Minecraft back up for the heck of it (usually I play it on Switch) after seeing I was only missing two trophies for that plat.  I ended up getting one but I'm working on the other.  I'm very surprised I didn't pop it yet, especially considering I played the heck out of it back in the day with my wife.

:platinum: #126 Steins;Gate 0 (PS4)

March 31, 2019 (1:23 AM)

1L2d9694.png

I fell in love with Stein's Gate when I actually gave it a go.  Needless to say, I was pumped for this one.  And overall, it wasn't bad.  It droned on a bit and the split in the storyline was confusing but it was a decent sequel.  I don't want to spoil too much so I'll just say this.  Definitely play Elite and if you liked it and want more Stein's Gate, pick this one up too.

:platinum: #127 Steins;Gate 0 (Vita)

March 31, 2019 (2:33 AM)

1L2d9694.png

To be fair, I ran this one concurrently with the PS4 version and skipped most of the dialogue to get the easy plat but portable Stein's Gate 0 is pretty awesome to have.

:platinum: #128 One Word by Powgi (PS4)

March 31, 2019 (2:00 PM)

1L690809.png

There's something therapeutic about newspaper style puzzle games.  I used to play Crosswords 3DS and Sudoku on Brain Age for hours back in the day and this game feels right at home.  It does make your eyes jump though with all the 'almost' spellings.  True, I did skip a lot of puzzles to get the easy plat but I am in no way done with this game.  I'll be enjoying this one with the wife for a while.

:platinum: #129 Word Sudoku by Powgi (PS4)

March 31, 2019 (3:56 PM)

1L1a2d37.png

I love Sudoku puzzles.  The word Sudoku puzzles are confusing but thankfully they give you the option to change the letters to numbers.  My wife and I will be enjoying solving the remaining Sudoku puzzles in this collection, even though I did go straight for the ones that had trophies on them.

:platinum: #130 Mixups by Powgi (PS4)

March 31, 2019 (5:19 PM)

1L0fa27c.png

This game reminds me a lot of Boggle but thankfully, you don't have to connect the letters together.  You simply have to make the three words hidden out of the letters they give you.  Again, easy plat but I'll be going back to this to finish the puzzles.

Edited by TomoTakino

So I've been replaying Borderlands if you couldn't tell.  I was antsy to play it again and all the announcements got me pumped to resume it.  While I can't quite beat the Clawmerax yet (only level 46 atm) I've finished the DLC missions and am currently grinding out the Claptrap collectables before I finish it off once and for all.  At the same time, I also preordered the PS4 version and I'm starting over on that with my wife, who has never played the game before.  She's not a huge fan of FPS games but so far she's really digging it (she's a huge RPG fan).

Meanwhile, I finally wrapped up a plat I should have gotten three years ago.

:platinum: #131 Minecraft (PS4)

April 3, 2019 (5:16 AM)

1Lfbe519.png

I did most of the trophies a long time ago when my wife and I were first dating and we would hop onto this every night to play but the skeleton and 100 day trophy eluded me.  After trying my luck and getting the skeleton trophy recently, I decided to idle Minecraft while I slept to get the 100 day trophy.  Of course, Minecraft is still fun and I have tons of dlc trophies left to unlock but I finally wrapped up the plat.  Now only two more platforms to go lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing Final Fantasy X a lot recently.  I know it seems like my feed has been stagnant for the past week but that's because my previously hidden trophies are glitched and remain hidden even though I unhid them three years ago.  I also found out that it for sure has to be a PS4 problem as Final Fantasy X-2, a game I've never previously fired up, is glitched hidden as well.  Irregardless, I made tons of progress on FFX, starting near the middle of the game last week and playing it enough to beat it, collect 8/9 fully upgraded celestial weapons (just need Wakka's but I gotta play more Blitzball), complete 3/7 sphere grids and defeat 4/7 dark aeons.  I've also nearly completed the monster arena and I'll likely finish up Ronso Rages (only missing two or three) and the two final bosses before I wrap up and resume Blitzball.  I'm having a blast with it even though I've been majorly grinding, whether it be for money to get bribes or fortune spheres to complete the sphere grid.  Definitely in it to win it with this game and I'll likely start up FFX-2 afterwards, though I may possibly go back to Borderlands and finally finish that off now that I'm really close.

UPDATE: So I've been playing more and finally wrapped up Blitzball, managing to get the slots and the Jupiter Sigil, completing my collection of celestial weapons.  Yuna and Lulu are coming along with their sphere grids and I managed to get all the Ronso Rages.  Unfortunately, I'm having a heck of a time beating Dark Yojimbo.  Currently grinding money and items to hopefully help with the fight.  All I have left is the 3 remaining Dark Aeons (and secret boss) and the Monster Arena (captured most of them just gotta finish and beat the original creations).  I also resumed Borderlands with the wife and we just beat the second boss.  We're having a blast with it.

Edited by TomoTakino
Update

• 2 weeks later...

My profile seems to have stagnated this month, unfortunately due to the fact that my PSN profile seems to forever have glitched several of my games as permanently hidden.  One of these games is FFX, a game I truly enjoy and have been playing pretty religiously for the past month.  And after 172 hours of play, I can finally say I've wrapped this game up!  Not only that, but I've platinumed another favorite that's been a long time coming!

:platinum: #132 Borderlands (PS3)

April 20, 2019 (6:46 PM)

1L0e571e.png

This game is an absolute blast.  I love the FPS RPG mix and the humor in this game is pretty hilarious (though I find Borderlands 2 a bit more humerous).  And to be fair, I could have easily gotten this platinum years ago if I hadn't focused on getting the DLC trophies.  But as I wrapped up nearly everything except the General Knoxx DLC, I decided to wrap up the platinum and knock out the co-op and other class based trophies.  I've still got a few DLC trophies to get and I'll likely be doubling up on this game since the PS4 version came out but this is definitely one of my favorites and I can't wait for Borderlands 3.

:platinum: #133 Final Fantasy X HD

April 30, 2019 11:14 PM

1L21a701.png

Hoo boy, this platinum really drained me and unfortunately, it still suffers from the PSN hidden trophy glitch, which permanently hides previously hidden games despite me not having this game hidden (and as evidenced by the fact that it shows up on my friend's activity feed).  To be honest, this is one of my all time favorite games and it was a total blast replaying it.  However, I beat the game roughly 50 hours in and to give an idea of all the grinding for gil/items/spheres/levels, I finished with a playtime of 172 hours.  Most of it was honestly in preparation for Dark Yojimbo, who gave me one heck of a time (I had finished all the other Dark Aeons and most of the original Monster Arena monsters by the time I actually beat him).  This one is definitely one of my proudest platinum trophies and, though I'm definitely burnt out on RPGs for a while, I do want to come back to FFX-2 soon.  Still an awesome game and I'm glad to be done with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that FFX is wrapped up, I've been dabbling my toes in a few games here and there.  I took a slight break and revisited my Switch to play some Smash and also revisited the Mother series (just beat Earthbound Beginnings with the wife, currently booting up Earthbound).  I also have been enjoying my PS3 and Vita recently and I managed to wrap up two overdue games!

:platinum: #134 Telltale's Game of Thrones (PS3)

May 8, 2019 (4:32 PM)

1L46ade4.png

I do enjoy Game of Thrones and after excitedly tuning into the premiere of season 8, I painfully had my hopes crushed.  Unfortunately, every episode this season has, in my opinion, been absolutely terrible.  While looking for ways to clear up space on my PS3 to download a new game, I came across this game and I have to say the story is actually really interesting.  However, I highly recommend playing it on PS4 (or Xbox One/Steam) simply because the PS3 port is absolutely terrible.  The game froze at nearly every scene shift INCLUDING the QTE battle segments (sometimes for up to 5 seconds) and the textures were extremely blurry with tons of pop up.  While the game is worth playing and experiencing, the PS3 version is just too poorly optimized to be worth it.  Still, I enjoyed it and I'll likely be firing this back up on PS4 to double plat (and re-experience it without lag or load times).

:platinum: #135 Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed

May 15, 2019 (9:32 PM)

1L036a11.png

To be honest, I really liked Cyberdimension Neptunia so I was excited to go back to Nep U to experience a similar style of gameplay.  And I did enjoy it for the most part but the grinding is out of control in this game!  I beat the game easily in a couple days, however, it took me many more hours to max out the lily ranks and clear the Neptral Tower 5 times (I'd guess roughly 30 hours).  Still, I do really dig this action oriented style of gameplay (musou meets Nep), though I still prefer Cyberdimension over this one.  Hopefully Blanc vs Zombies is less grindy.

:platinum: #136 Burly Men at Sea

May 16, 2019 (1:12 AM)

1L108650.png

Honestly, I started this game for the easy plat.  But it was pretty interesting at first.  However, it's one of those "replay over and over" games that the first couple times, you're interested but by the end you're skipping all the dialogue, new and old.  The game basically is an adventure for the sake of adventuring with minor changes depending on minor choices.  Going adrift in barrels will let you race against a grim reaper-esque NPC, with different outcomes depending on whether you win or lose.  Skipping the barrels locks you in a battle with a jellyfish, etc.  The choices were so minor and it felt so repetitive that by the time you're on your twelfth playthrough, you're extremely glad the game is only five to ten minutes long.  It kind of reminds me of the game "Home" with it's extremely short, repetitive gameplay and minor choices that lead to samey outcomes.  Still, if you want an easy plat, this is definitely one for you.

Edited by TomoTakino
Additional Plat

Been enjoying a few different games recently!  Been on my PS3 again playing a few older titles (mainly Telltale games) and some PS4 games here and there.  My wife and I have been enjoying Pinball FX3 recently.  I know it's a trophy nightmare but it's been a blast and I'm glad we picked it up.  We've been challenging each other to beat high scores ro complete missions.  Really fun game.  I also picked up a few more PS3 games that I haven't started yet (Catherine, Tales of Xillia/Graces f) so I'll likely fire those up relatively soon.  In the meantime, I've completed three more games!

:platinum: #137 Batman (PS3)

May 18, 2019 (4:31 PM)

1Ld96464.png

I've had this on the PS3 for a while and have been meaning to play it.  After completing Game of Thrones, I was still in a "Telltale" mood and wanted to clear some space on my PS3 so I fired this one up.  It's actually a really great story, very interesting.  Especially considering it's an M rated Batman game filled with swears, sex and gore (crazy!).  It was also really interesting playing as both Bruce and Batman, a feature which is very often ignored in Batman games and helped drive the story home.  Seeing the villains before they became villains was also very cool and the detective minigame was a really cool addition.  However, again, the PS3 version is extremely laggy to the point of almost unplayability.  I'm glad they were more lenient on the QTEs this time around because there is no way I would have gotten them otherwise.  Still, if you can get this for PS4, definitely do so.  It's fantastic.

:platinum: #138 Wolf Among Us (PS3)

May 22, 2019 (8:54 PM)

1L243b07.png

This one is a stack since I already got the PS4 plat but still, this game is amazing and replaying it again makes the fact season 2 is never coming out sting that much more.  However, I had a heck of a time getting this one to work since every time I started it up it would freeze.  Finally, after rebuilding the file database, it fired up but still froze a few more times before I got the plat.  I love the story and it's inspired me to start reading the comics.  Still worth every penny though like the last two PS3 Telltale games, I recommend nabbing it on PS4 instead.

:platinum: #139 Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection

May 23, 2019 (2:47 PM)

1L2186c2.png

I was extremely excited to play this game when it was announced.  I love Twinbee and Castlevania and there were quite a few fun shooters on this collection (Haunted Castle being the only non shooter).  However, Twinbee doesn't hold up against the newer ones and Haunted Castle is way too hard but this is still a fantastic collection, especially if you love shooter games (though keep in mind you'll have to beat Scramble at least 6 times to get the trophy).  The e-book is extremely awesome as well, though I wish I could order a physical copy.  Still, this game is a blast and I'm glad I picked it up (though why does this have a plat and not Castlevania?  Ugh.)

EDIT: For the first time in a long while, I've also gotten a 100%!

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #37 Personality and Psychology Premium

May 24, 2019 (1:33 AM)

Lef52f4.png

When I saw this app on the double discounts sale, I was extremely intrigued.  A psychology app that analyzes you?  I truly wasn't expecting it to have trophies either which was a nice surprise.  Irregardless, this app is kind of like the old "tickle" website where you take a short quiz like "Am I happy?" or "Do I like change?" and for that reason it's more for fun than true psychology.  It has "serious" quizzes like "Are you Confident" or "Are you Ambitious?" and fun ones such as filling in blanks to find your true love or see what your past life was.  It even lets you compare results with other players if you want as well as do multiplayer quizzes and compare results.  Definitely a cool little app I enjoyed!

Edited by TomoTakino
New 100%

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!  Recently, I've been jumping around a lot between games, trying to find what I want to play next to be honest.  I restarted Resident Evil 0 and I'm mostly done with my first playthrough (though any RE fan knows there's many to come).  Truth be told though I much prefer RE1 to 0.  I dunno if it's the fact that there's no item box that makes all of my items an organizational mess across the floor or the fact that I'm doing double duty jumping between two characters (a la Dream Drop Distance) but I'm not digging it as much as 1 or 2.  I also revisited the Uncharted games to wrap up the two multiplayer trophies in each.  I'm aware that there are many more multiplayer DLC trophies but I could hardly find any matches in Uncharted 2 or Uncharted 3 and I'm absolutely terrible at the multiplayer (like 2:11 bad) so I assume the 80 hours they recommend for Uncharted 2 alone would probably be doubled (same with Uncharted 3).  I'm good with simply getting the plat unless something radical changes.  I also went back and got the multiplayer base game trophies for Uncharted 4 and got them just so I can focus on single player in the future if I want to continue getting the plats.

Speaking of, I did manage to complete a few games recently!

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #38 Astrology and Horoscope Premium

May 31, 2019 (1:36 PM)

Lb641d2.png

After enjoying the Psychology app made by the same people, I was keen to try the other ones, which were also on sale during the double discounts.  This one was interesting but not nearly as good to be fair.  My wife and I do have an interest in astrology and it was funny to pair up signs of people we know or read more about ourselves and our horoscopes.  Kind of cool but I definitely enjoyed the previous one more.

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #39 Palm Reading Premium

May 31, 2019 (2:11 PM)

Lc03510.png

This one is simply strange.  I was curious how this worked but essentially it asks you to recreate your hand.  Personally, it didn't seem to match up perfectly with my hand and I had trouble distinguishing details between options on some of them.  Honestly if this were given a bit more effort or had a camera scan option I think it would have been cooler.  But honestly, because it was difficult to distinguish and the relative obscurity of the analysis I wasn't a big fan of this one.  Get the others instead.

:platinum: #140 Goosebumps The Game

June 7, 2019 (4:58 PM)

1L9e1b04.png

I haven't read Goosebumps in almost 25 years but I do remember liking them a lot so when this game was on sale, I figured it would be an interesting playthrough.  I do have to say, I really love first person point and clicks like this and this one really surprised me in how much I enjoyed it.  Sure, it was extremely short but most games of the genre are to be honest.  Granted, the story wasn't the greatest, but I am a fan of the puzzle oriented, exploration heavy point and click games like this one.  Definitely recommend it.

EDIT: I managed to get another platinum recently too!  This one is one of my older favorite games!

:platinum: #141 Counter Strike: Global Offensive

June 12, 2019 (9:56 PM)

1L111496.png

To be honest, I had a hankering to play some Counter Strike and decided to download this one.  It really threw me for a loop too when I saw the trophies were completely different from the Xbox achievements and were much easier this go around (no more God of War achievement!).  However, it wasn't until I played a few rounds that I realized the servers were offline.  Still, this game is a blast even offline with bots.  And for those wondering, yes, the plat is still achievable despite having a few difficult ones (like Bunny Hunt or Make the Cut).  If you're looking for the full experience, definitely grab it on PC but if you want to play offline with some bots and get a rather easy plat, this is a great game to do so.  I just wish it had split screen to make up for the lack of online.

Edited by TomoTakino

• 2 weeks later...

So I subscribed to Playstation Now recently.  I subbed to it a couple years ago and I had so much difficulty with it saying my internet wasn't good enough or randomly cutting out.  However, whether it's the PS4 Pro's upgraded wireless card or the upgraded internet, I've had buttery smooth performance on it and I'm really glad I jumped back in.  Being able to download games is awesome too and there's a ton of fun games I've wanted to pick up but I can stream now (such as the Atelier dusk trilogy).  I've been playing a few games on the service to get some more platinums too, such as finishing up Fighting Vipers or playing through Toy Story Mania/Disney Universe.  I've also managed to pick up a few new completions!

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #40 Fighting Vipers

June 14, 2019 (12:15 PM)

Lb4d3dd.png

This came out a few years ago and I ended up testing the game when I initially tried out PS Now back in 2017 due to the easy completion (and the fact that I liked Sonic the Fighters, which uses the engine from this game).  However, due to major problems I had with the service, mainly due to my internet and the original PS4 wireless not supporting AC connections, I could barely play this one.  So to test out getting the subscription again, I fired this one up only to find the game played extremely well this go around.  The game itself is kind of fun with a unique armor break system and being able to destroy walls but it feels sluggish and slow.  Still, it's pretty fun to play with some buddies and to get a very easy completion.

:platinum: #142 Toy Story Mania

June 14, 2019 (4:07 PM)

1L442a4e.png

I had originally purchased this game for the Xbox 360 back in the day after enjoying Toy Story 3 a lot.  This one is based on the Disneyland attraction (to an extent) and is kind of a shooter where you pile up the points.  It's another extremely easy completion but it's extremely repetitive too.  Each of the worlds has several different attractions but many of them feel way too similar.  There are a few interesting trophies but it's not worth more than a rental or playing on PS Now.

:platinum: #143 Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry

June 19, 2019 (9:48 PM)

1L1b3ed8.png

According to several tracking sites, despite not attempting it, I was the first person to complete this, which is awesome but I'll wait and see (I'm sure someone else will update and be first).  Still, the plat was at 0% earlier today making me worried that it was impossible to plat so maybe.  I was very pleasantly surprised with this game.  It had a lot of the humor that the original had that newer entries were lacking and I found myself laughing at a lot of things that happened in this game.  For example, "It was dark and I was drunk!" being an option for many different things or some of the ridiculous things Larry would get into.  While it is quite a bit more provocative than earlier games in the series, I really enjoyed it (and it has a very easy trophy list).  Wait for it to go on sale first though as $40 is a bit high for a six hour point and click game.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been too active on Playstation lately.  I've been really enjoying Mario Maker 2 (despite a few things here and there) and that actually made me pull out my old Gamecube and restart Super Mario Sunshine, which has been really fun.  I'm at 81 shines at the moment and I'm currently going through looking for blue coins, which is one of the things I dread about this game mainly because there's so many that I always end up forgetting a few and taking hours to find them.  Still, I haven't played SMS in almost a decade so it's been a blast revisiting it.

There are a few Playstation games I have been playing lately.  I started Judgement and Super Neptunia RPG when they came out.  Judgement is awesome and I really enjoy the detective aspect of it, especially with the gameplay of Yakuza.  Neptunia RPG is a refreshing take on the series too and I'm enjoying it as well as playing the MegaTagmension Vita game at the same time (which is just a different take on Nep U).  I also started LSL Box Office Bust after enjoying Wet Dreams Don't Dry but I can definitely see why this game got such terrible reviews.  I'm currently stuck on a mission where I have to defeat 3 sets of 3 guards but the combat is so terrible I can hardly get past them.  I'll likely return and finish it eventually but it's extremely frustrating at the moment.  Also, it does appear I was the first to finish WDDD as I'm still the first on several sites which is crazy to me.

Yesterday, my wife and I started the final season of Walking Dead.  So far, wow, they really tried to go out with a bang.  The graphics are way better and it seems as though they actually listened and varied the gameplay up.  It seems like rather than a bunch of tough choices that only really change little things, they went with a bunch of little choices that add up (kind of like the end of Season 1 but applied more throughout).  We've finished Episode 1 and I'll leave my thoughts behind a spoiler so it doesn't ruin it for anyone else.

Spoiler

There's a lot of little cool things in the first episode from the various collectables to actually raising AJ depending on your choices.  I feel like the story is slightly rehashing old material (a lot of references to Lee and the things he did) and Clem taking on that mentor role kind of reinforces it.  I do really like the way the writers pit that against your expectations though.  Through the three seasons, you've been taught to harden up and learn survival techniques and pass them along or you'll end up dying.  Of course, the twist at the end of the episode, which I'm not sure is determinant or not, was that hardening AJ to survive in the world meant he killed Marlon during the confrontation.  I'm very interested to see where they go from here but I hear slightly terrible things so hopefully it's better than I hear but for now I'm excited to continue.

I've also managed to finish a couple of games a short while ago as well.

:platinum: #144 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered

June 22, 2019 (7:23 PM)

1L54495c.png

This was such a beautiful remaster and I really enjoyed revisiting the game.  Originally, I was simply trying to get the two multiplayer trophies on Uncharted 2/3 so I could get the plat later (the DLC trophies aren't going to happen because the online is too dead).  However, that made me want to revisit the series so I started playing this one.  I was surprised at how quickly I was able to blow through Crushing, since I had such a tough time previously with it though I think I still remembered the skills I picked up previously going through the game.  Still, I never thought I'd beat Brutal.  Even with infinite ammo and one hit kills, Brutal annihilated me.  One wrong peek and you're gone.  Still, this game was a blast.

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #41 Tarot Readings Premium

June 25, 2019 (7:44 PM)

Lfb470c.png

After really enjoying the Psychology app from Crazysoft, I picked up the other three.  Astrology was pretty cool and Palm Reading was very awkward with having to redraw your hand on screen.  This one is actually pretty cool as it lets you ask questions and gives you a tarot reading afterwards to answer the different facets of the question (which you can e-mail or revisit later).  I would have completed this much earlier if it weren't for the 5 different day trophy I kept forgetting about but if you're into this kind of stuff the app is pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to wrap up Super Mario Sunshine recently and got all 120 shines.  It was a blast revisiting that game though there were a few annoying shines along the way.  Still, Sunshine needs more love and I'm likely going to revisit Galaxy soon too.  I also introduced my wife to The Godfather 1 & 2 recently and have been playing The Don's Edition on PS3 as well.  I forgot how much I loved that game.  It is repetitive but I really enjoy it though I wish they had patched the 360 achievements into it.  I also recently got a platinum: Atelier Ayesha! I'm really surprised it's been nearly a month since my last plat too...wow.

:platinum: #145 Atelier Ayesha: Alchemist of Dusk (PS3)

July 17, 2019 (11:42 PM)

1Lbe34e2.png

I've dipped my toes in the Atelier series before and really enjoyed it (though it was overwhelming sometimes) but never sat down and gave it a fair chance.  The post office also tried unsuccessfully to stop me from enjoying this series by not delivering my package containing the Dusk and Arland trilogy games despite being out for delivery and telling me it was misdelivered to a neighbor (but no idea where since it wasn't scanned delivered).  Thankfully, they found it hidden in the back of the truck and delivered it the next day and I was immediately hooked to this game.  It is repetitive but I truly enjoyed exploring, making items and finding events to make buddies.  It's a really refreshing RPG and though I was stressing a bit about time but in the end I had almost a full year left over to do other stuff and I was honestly disappointed when it did end.  Very fun game and I am very much looking forward to Escha & Logy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!  It's been a slow couple of months on the trophy front but I've been playing a few fun new games.  With the announcement and release of Doom, I had to pick that up as Doom 1 & 2 are some of my favorite games and for $5 a pop, it's been a blast revisiting them.  Yes, they have pretty draconian DRM (which means I can't suspend the PS4 at all or I'll be bombarded with requests to log in) but the ports themselves are actually very well done.  I've only got one trophy left which I thought was going to be impossible (complete the first three episodes on Nightmare) but I've been practicing and I've already completed Episodes 1 & 2 and I'm roughly halfway through Episode 3 (E3M4) so I really hope to wrap this one up, despite never imagining I could do so.  Though to be fair, being able to respawn in co-op is pretty much the only reason I could beat those episodes.

I've also continued my adventures in Atelier Escha & Logy and I've pretty much 100% my first assignment and I'm experimenting with alchemy.  It's pretty fun to be honest and has a mix of Rorona and Ayesha going on that is fun.  I haven't popped on in a few days because of Doom but I'm hoping to continue this game soon.

I also managed to pick up more Playlink games on sale (I'm a sucker for Jackbox/Playlink games, what can I say) and I've been enjoying playing Just Deal With It with the family.  While I had forgotten how to play Hearts and Rummy, we relearned and enjoy all of the card games contained within.  Very fun.  Frantics is a bit odd though with a lot of motion controls and Mario Party-esque gameplay though and Chimparty glitched on the second game so I'm not sure if I enjoy those two quite so much but I'll have to give them another go soon.

I picked up the Legend of Heroes games on PS4 recently.  I was excited to start them up, hearing lots of great things about them and really enjoying the extra feelies (kinda showing my age here) included with the game.  However, I was advised to start with Trails of the Sky first since the games are all interconnected so these ones are going to be shelved for the time being while I play catch up.  I had the first game in the ToS trilogy on Steam (must have picked it up on sale and forgot) so I'll likely start that soon.

My wife and I recently revisited a few games in the backlog and I managed to grab another three platinum trophies!  I can't believe I've very nearly collected fifty platinums since I got platinum 100 back in September of last year!

:platinum: #146 Word Search by POWGI (PS4)

August 1, 2019 (8:30 PM)

1L754edf.png

This game is great for picking up with friends and completing a few word searches as it allows for up to four buddies to couch co-op word searches and it was a blast doing so with my family.  I would pop on some music and we'd all enjoy kicking back on the couch, jamming out and finding words.  Unfortunately, about halfway through the puzzle list, my wife got a migraine and for some odd reason, she continued to get migraines each time we fired it up so we ended up wrapping up without her.  Still aren't sure why, which sucks.  Despite that, the game was a blast and I enjoyed having several Word Search parties over the course of getting the platinum.  Definitely an awesome game especially with buddies.  Gotta wrap up the Vita version too but that won't be for a while.

:platinum: #147 Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart

August 2, 2019 (2:50 PM)

1L744064.png

My wife and I love playing hidden object games together and when I found out there were a few on PS4, I added them to the wishlist and picked them up on sale sometime later.  We had managed to start this one roughly last year but stopped for unknown reasons.  However, my wife and I had some time together so we booted this one up and finished the game, after which I did a second run to get the remainder of the trophies.  It's a pretty generic hidden object game with a slight twist: you can actually solve Mahjong puzzles instead of finding objects.  However, because of this, you have to do at least two runs.  Still, the game was pretty fun overall and I'm looking forward to playing the next two.

:platinum: #148 Until Dawn

August 3, 2019 (11:53 PM)

1Ld98210.png

Man, this game was an awesome score from the bargain bin!  Picked this one up roughly three years ago at Best Buy for really cheap thinking it would be a fun one to play with the wife.  We took it home and we had a blast with the game.  The graphics are gorgeous and the concept is really awesome.  Yeah, the beginning is slow but the whole concept of it being like a horror/slasher movie where all of your choices matter and control who survives the night is really awesome.  It reminds me of a more fleshed out Telltale game mixed with Resident Evil.  We had shelved it mainly due to conflicting schedules between us but after finishing Nightmares from the Deep, my wife suggested we dig this game out and finish it too (we were actually a very short time away from finishing).  This game is highly recommended and I really enjoyed my time with it.  I really hope they make another, non VR sequel to this game.

EDIT: Got another platinum for a game that's been sitting in my backlog for a few months!

:platinum: #149 Deponia Doomsday

August 6, 2019 (2:50 PM)

1Le0084c.png

I bought this game on release day eagerly anticipating it after playing Goodbye Deponia but became intimidated by the "1001 Jackalopes" trophy.  However, I recently had the urge to fire it up.  I felt this one was pretty unnecessary in the grand scheme, even if it was a pretty fun time travel game.  One thing I found funny was the themes within the game.  Most of the game could pass as appropriate for all ages with silly, corny jokes and slapstick humor.  Then every so often they'll throw major adult themes at you, such as a female flashing a guard to get past, having a character use strong expletives in frustration or a showering man holding a shower brush near his crotch to give the wrong impression.  It was something I had forgotten about since playing Goodbye Deponia and caused me to double take every so often.  However, the trophies gave me way more trouble than I expected.  The Jackalope trophy took me roughly 4 hours (mainly because I was doing other stuff at the same time) but I had lots of trouble with the "kill all party members" trophy and the "take all possible photos" trophy.  With the former, the enemy constantly targeted Rufus, killing him first and it took me nearly an hour to get them to kill off the other members, only to die before I could finish off the enemy, though I eventually got it a short while after.  The latter glitched on me and would not give me the arm photo no matter how many times I tried.  I even went back to an earlier save and replayed up to that point but no dice.  Finally said "screw it, I'll come back" and it popped.  All in all, I still enjoyed this game a lot.  Hopefully they'll bring more Daedalic games to consoles.

Edited by TomoTakino
New Plat

It has been accomplished, 50 platinum trophies in one year.  While for many trophy hunters this may not be impressive, this has honestly been my most 'productive trophy year thus far, having taken five years to earn 100 (technically 10 but I didn't start trophy hunting seriously until 2013).  I also managed to wrap up another playthrough of Final Fantasy 6 with the wife, which was her first time through the game.  We started it a year or two ago but because of our schedules clashing often, we haven't been able to sit down and complete it but we finally did.  Very fun.  I also got a few more Playlink games to play with the family and we really enjoy Wordhunters.  Melbits World is pretty awesome too but my family has a hard time coordinating well enough to be good at the game.  However, I've managed to get not only my 150th platinum but also 151 and 152!  I've officially broken the Gen 1 Pokedex!  Lol.

:platinum: #150 Hidden Agenda

August 9, 2019 (5:59 PM)

1Lb65df4.png

To be honest, when they announced the first four Playlink games, this was the one I was most excited for.  My wife and I really enjoyed Until Dawn so a pseudo follow-up where we could influence the story together was an awesome idea.  Truthfully, this game rocks and was a blast to play with friends and family.  It's mutable enough that your choices really feel like they matter in the long scheme of things and it's replayable enough to constantly try different things to try and solve the mystery.  While it isn't as quick and pick up and play as That's You or Knowledge is Power, it's a game that's enjoyable for hardcore gamers and casual gamers alike.  Because of this though the trophy list is pretty crazy and requires many runs to get all of the different outcomes necessary for the trophies but still, I felt it was worth it, especially for the roughly $10 this game goes for nowadays.  Definitely a great game that deserves a lot more recognition.

:platinum: #151 Jack N Jill DX (PS4)

August 9, 2019 (6:26 PM)

1L05f4d5.png

This one seemed cool, like a Game Boy-esque platformer for PS4.  Of course, being one of the easiest trophy lists ever doesn't hurt.  It's actually a really cool mix of auto runner and platformer, kind of like Bit.Trip Runner, but it uses a single button to jump.  In a way, it reminds me a lot of Super Mario Run with a Game Boy flair and even though it's a 10 minute platinum, I actually enjoy this game a lot and will likely continue playing it.  Not bad for a $5 game.

:platinum: #152 Jack N Jill DX (Vita)

August 9, 2019 (7:33 PM)

1L05f4d5.png

The game is cross buy with Vita so being such an easy platinum, I downloaded it and quickly got the stack.  However, this game definitely felt better on Vita.  I'm not sure why but I enjoyed it a lot more on Vita so I'll likely leave it installed and keep playing it on there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!  So I've been pretty busy with Playstation related activities, both playing a lot of cool new games as well as writing a few new guides for the site which have actually been published!  I managed to write out trophy guides for Crossovers by POWGI and Wordsweeper by POWGI as well as rewrite the guide to Awkward that I've been sitting on for a while.  Check em out if you're interested!  I also managed to get the Driveclub Bikes multiplayer trophy.  Big thanks to Alexfranco60 and koekske and the rest of the group for organizing and helping everyone get the trophy!  if yo

There's also a few games I've been really enjoying lately.  A Hat in Time is a great collect-a-thon that really reminds me of Super Mario Sunshine, especially after recently going through it and getting 120 shines.  I finally cracked my copy of Dragon Quest XI as well, which I pre-ordered last year, and I've really been enjoying that game.  Really fun.  Can't wait to try the Switch version when it releases next month!  PC Building Simulation is also really fun, especially since I used to work at a computer repair shop back in the day, and is really addicting (though some of the challenges can be somewhat frustrating).  Definitely a "one more" game I have to pull myself away from.  And revisiting Final Fantasy IX was a blast too.  Managed to get the jump rope trophy!  However, I'll probably leave this one on the backlog for now since FF8 gets released soon and I'm excited to play that one.  Don't want to have too many RPGs on the table at once.  My wife and I also had some time off recently and fired up Walking Dead again, completing episode 2.  We'll hopefully managed to finish the other two episodes soon.

I've also managed to platinum six games in the meantime!

:platinum: #153 Crossovers by POWGI (PS4)

August 11, 2019 (3:08 PM)

1L9e0503.png

I really enjoy the POWGI games and this one is no exception!  It looked like crosswords but instead you're figuring out letters to solve potential crosswords then using those letters to solve anagrams.  It's really fun!  This game also has the honor of being my first ever published trophy guide!  You can check it out HERE .  It is an extremely easy platinum but definitely a fun game, even if you disregard the ease of the platinum.  Highly recommended!

:platinum: #154 Word Wheel by POWGI (PS4)

August 18, 2019 (5:03 PM)

1Lb91299.png

Another POWGI game down!  This one is probably my favorite as it's essentially untimed Boggle with a catch: you have to use the center letter every time.  This one is probably the easiest of the POWGI platinums as you only really have to find 500 words and each of the 9 letter words to plat, but I keep coming back to this one to finish off the word lists and play with the wife and family.  Definitely a great game and hopefully I will have a trophy guide for this one out soon.

:platinum: #155 Harvey's New Eyes

August 20, 2019 (9:53 PM)

1La06c26.png

I really enjoy Daedalic software point and clicks.  However, I've begun to notice that they often have dark humor and even hugely insensitive jokes.  This one is no different.  While I enjoyed the game for the most part, killing nearly everyone you come into contact with was just too over the top for my liking.  However, the game was still really enjoyable (though the story was weird) and it was fun.  Hopefully the other Daedalic games make it to PS4 as well cause I do enjoy their games a lot.

:platinum: #156 Wordsweeper by POWGI (PS4)

August 21, 2019 (10:47 AM)

1Lfcc43d.png

This one wraps up my seven POWGI PS4 platinums (though one more is coming out soon)!  This one has you figuring out words based on the letters nearby, kind of like minesweeper but with crosswords.  This one was actually very difficult at first but the concept was a lot of fun and it was thoroughly enjoyable.  The challenge was also really fun and refreshing and it's a highly recommended game if you want to try a unique word game.  I also managed to write out a guide for this one too, so if you want, check it out and hopefully it helps you get the platinum!

:platinum: #157 The Little Acre

August 21, 2019 (7:05 PM)

1L611434.png

This was a beautiful and fun, albeit short, game!  I got this back near Platinum #100 as an easy plat so I could focus on Diablo 3 but decided against it after seeing the speedrun trophy.  However, after Deponia Doomsday and Harvey's New Eyes, I was in a point and click mood and fired this up.  This game was gorgeous and the art style reminded me a ton of the first Broken Sword.  The story was way too short for my liking though and was over before I could really grasp the entirety of what had happened.  However, I still really enjoyed my time with it and it is worth playing.  Plus it's roughly an hour long plat so if you're looking for an easy plat with great gameplay, this one comes recommended.

:platinum: #158 Word Wheel by POWGI (Vita)

August 21, 2019 (10:33 PM)

1L5116d1.png

I actually had a bit of problems with this port.  The "find a bonus word" didn't unlock for me right away and I had to use airplane mode for it to unlock properly.  But afterwards, I managed to easily plat this one.  Definitely a fun game but I prefer playing this on PS4.

More plats incoming!  I'm extremely excited that Yakuza 3-5 are getting English releases on PS4.  I preordered the physical edition and I'll likely still go back and replay the PS3 versions first (since I already have them) but for now it's inspired me to return to Yakuza Kiwami and wrap that one up.  I've been playing that one pretty religiously since the announcement and it's made me realize just how much I truly enjoy this game.  I know the series is supposedly very samey but I really enjoy these games.  I'm roughly near the end of the game (Chapter 10) with around 80% completion.  I'm shocked that I managed to get all of the Mahjong completion goals too!  I managed to sit down and play with the game for a while, playing for nearly 6 hours and ended up wrapping up everything I needed (aside from grabbing some of the gear but I'll come back later).  Not looking forward to Kiwami 2's Mahjong list but we'll cross that road later.  I've also nearly wrapped up the entire substories list and I've maxed out two of my total ability trees (need to get Majima activated again for the last).  I'll hopefully be able to wrap this one up soon and add it to my list of proudly earned plats.

I also had some time together with the wife and we managed to sit down and wrap up the final season of Walking Dead.  I'm still kind of shocked that after all this time it's finally over (not to mention the ending) but it was pretty fun.  The first couple episodes were kind of lackluster to me but it started getting really good in Chapter 3.  But man, I had to play through it twice (and part of a third time) to get some of those missables.  I'll definitely be returning to the series soon though to wrap up the Telltale collection and retail lists as well as the definitive edition that releases in roughly two weeks.  Still a great series and I enjoy it a lot.

:platinum: #159 One Word by POWGI (Vita)

August 24, 2019 (3:43 PM)

1L6315ec.png

We had a power outage for a little while and so I decided to fire up the old Vita and play some POWGI games!  This one is still pretty fun and I like the touch screen controls on it.  Definitely worth checking out if you're a fan of word games but it is missing multiplayer unfortunately.  Though I will say this game does mess with your eyes after completing it.  Still, a fun game and a great port.

:platinum: #160 The Walking Dead: The Final Season (Digital)

August 30, 2019 (6:23 PM)

1La3bd5d.png

I happened to pick up the first two seasons of Walking Dead on a Steam sale way back in 2014 when the second season wrapped up production, even though I didn't have much interest in TWD prior.  However, it left a huge lasting impression on me and I fell in love with the series.  I introduced my wife to the series back in 2016/2017 and though she wasn't interested at first, she quickly fell in love with it too.  After that, we ended up playing all sorts of Telltale games together though TWD remained our favorite to play together.  So it's pretty crazy to think that the story and characters we've come to love are all wrapped up.  The final season was pretty interesting, though it took me a minute to get invested in it, and I love the quality of life upgrades they made to it.  Exploration, collectables, more varied gameplay and the comic style graphics are all awesome and the plot twists were interesting, especially since I had written the game off as predictable near the end.  I do still have some questions about the story but it did wrap up nicely.  The trophies, however, were a pain as I essentially had to go back and replay the game twice (with part of a third) due to all the missables and trophies for differing choices.  Still, I enjoyed this game and I'm sad to see the series go.

• 2 weeks later...

No platinum trophies this time, just a quick update on game progress and what's been going on.

I've been really enjoying Yakuza lately.  I even managed to start a Let's Play of the series.  Check it out if you have an interest in the series and join up!  I'd love to talk Yakuza with you and we've got some awesome people who've already joined!  I managed to pick up quite a few games in the series too, mainly from Japan.  I picked up Yakuza Ishin as well as a bundle that contains the HD remasters of 1&2 as well as 3-5 and Kenzan.  They'll be a blast to fire up and play though I'll probably do so after finishing the English releases.  Of course, by then, the PS4 remasters will finally be out so it may be a bit but I got a great deal on them.

I'm nearing the light at the end of the tunnel with Yakuza Kiwami.  I've been playing it pretty consistently (and nearly exclusively) for the last few weeks, wrapping up the storyline and managing to get both 100% and finishing all of Haruka's requests!  I'm currently wrapping up the Climax Battles, which truthfully are exhausting.  The rest of the game was so much fun, even the somewhat frustrating requests like getting 950 on Otometal (which I got 940 three times in a row before finally getting 960) or watching the computer consistently make 6-8 in a row on combination pool (which I managed to beat on the second try).  But with a lot of these battles, I find myself doing great and then I fail because a forced limitation or one hit fail rule.  Not only that but not being able to use my beefed up Kiryu from story mode makes a lot of these tougher too.  I'm slowly making progress but it's kinda killing my vibe a bit.  I know Legend will be difficult but after I complete both the challenges and Legend, I'll finally earn this well deserved plat.

I also started up The Walking Dead again with some friends and family who haven't experienced it yet.  They were surprised at just how much they loved the game despite not liking zombie type shows or movies and they were getting especially drawn into the choices and drama within.  Even though I've played the game upwards of 9 times now, I still really enjoy the game.  I also fired up BTTF to show off to a few fans of the series and we played through the first episode of that so hopefully I can wrap up that plat soon.  I've been wanting to play Borderlands with the wife recently so we're not super far behind when Borderlands 3 comes out next week but we just haven't made it work unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after 120 hours, I finally wrapped up Yakuza Kiawmi.  Man oh man, that game was amazing, even though I nearly tore my hair out trying to beat the Climax Battles.  Surprisingly, I didn't have too much trouble with the EX requests postgame (got 950 fourth try and the pool I barely squeaked by on the second game) or Chapter 9 on Legend (took me about a half hour) but the Climax Battles more than made up for it, taking me almost a week of solid playing to conquer.  Still, I loved this game and I'm having an absolute blast with Yakuza 0 now.  This series is amazing and I'll definitely be replaying Kiwami after beating 0.  You can also probably tell I've got quite a few new imports for a great deal so I'll play those in the future after I wrap up 0.

I've also played Final Fantasy VIII here and there and I love it but I'm not sure if I want to continue playing, as my wife as shown interest in it.  I may shelve it and restart with the wife but I'm not sure yet.  I'm just about to head to my first SeeD mission.  We'll see.

I also started playing Borderlands 3 which I think is pretty awesome but it reminded me I never wrapped up Borderlands 1 on PS3 and I'd rather wrap that up first.  I've been playing that here and there but I'm in desperate need of better weapons.  I beat second playthrough though and I'm leveling pretty quickly in post game so hopefully I can get something good and finish this game up.  Hopefully something that can help me with Crawmerax.

I also grabbed the new POWGI game and I'm currently playing through the game so that I can write a guide on it.  Still randomly playing Word Wheel too so I can collect the words for that guide.  50 Words is fun but kind of straining on the eyes a bit.  Still fun though.

My family and I also fired up BTTF again, since they're huge BTTF fans, and I managed to grab the remaining trophies along the way.  I still love that game.  It has its flaws but more BTTF done really well is never a bad thing (it's my favorite movie series).  We'll probably be playing more Walking Dead soon but it may be a minute (I'm super addicted to Yakuza 0 atm).

:platinum: #161 Back to the Future (PS4)

September 12, 2019 (5:43 PM)

L7f43d2.png

I preordered the PS3 version way back in 2010 when it first came out but didn't wrap it up till a few years later.  Then this version came out and I played it with my wife back in 2016 but didn't finish it till 2019.  What can I say, it's a fantastic game and the 30th anniversary is even better with the addition of Tom Wilson!  There's a few glitches here and there but this feels as close to BTTF4 as we'll ever get.  Definitely a great game especially if you're a huge BTTF fan like me.

:platinum: #162 Yakuza Kiwami

September 13, 2019 (7:13 PM)

1L75c68d.png

This is one platinum I thought at various times I would never get.  At first, the Mahjong completion requirements worried me but I managed to get past those.  Next was the Haruka Requests but I managed to get through them without too much trouble.  Then the Climax Battles, which I thought I'd NEVER finish due to how annoyingly difficult they were.  Then Legend, which I thought would be a nightmare but ended up breezing through with no problems (aside from a half hour in Chapter 9).  Despite all this, I LOVED this game.  It's addicting, it has a touching story (if only a bit over the top at times) and enough side content to keep anyone busy and happy.  This is one of those platinums I will proudly display and hopefully pick up a few more but this game comes highly recommended, even if the platinum is a tough one.

18 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

This is one platinum I thought at various times I would never get.  At first, the Mahjong completion requirements worried me but I managed to get past those.  Next was the Haruka Requests but I managed to get through them without too much trouble.  Then the Climax Battles, which I thought I'd NEVER finish due to how annoyingly difficult they were.  Then Legend, which I thought would be a nightmare but ended up breezing through with no problems (aside from a half hour in Chapter 9).  Despite all this, I LOVED this game.  It's addicting, it has a touching story (if only a bit over the top at times) and enough side content to keep anyone busy and happy.  This is one of those platinums I will proudly display and hopefully pick up a few more but this game comes highly recommended, even if the platinum is a tough one.

The first platinum is the hardest because Everything is new :) will be easier in the next games ! Dont want to frighten you but kiwami has in my opinion the easiest climax battles ;) but if you Master Tiger drop most of them are more easy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Inuty said:

The first platinum is the hardest because Everything is new :) will be easier in the next games ! Dont want to frighten you but kiwami has in my opinion the easiest climax battles ;) but if you Master Tiger drop most of them are more easy

Tiger Drop helped immensely, especially with the Ultimate Battles.  Definitely will be going for the rest though, even if the climax battles get rougher.  I'm a little worried now but I'll manage!  Thanks for commenting!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I updated!  I still lurk every so often but I haven't had a whole lot of updates since the last post as I've been playing my Switch a lot more recently.  It kinda started with Link's Awakening, which I loved and got me pumped up to play Zelda.  That led to me firing up Breath of the Wild.  I initially bought the game on Wii U, only to get it on Switch a few days later when I actually found one.  I played it briefly before my wife took over (who absolutely loves the game and has 450 hours into it) and after the initial awe of the game, I thought it was OK and let her go to town with it.  Last month, however, it finally clicked and I spend a lot of time truly enjoying this game, finishing all the shrines (and DLC) and even going so far as to find all 900 Korok seeds.  It was fun but not recommended (the reward is infuriatingly pitiful).  This, however, set me on a Zelda kick I haven't yet shaken and I'm currently on a quest to go back and beat all the Zelda games I never finished or got 100% in.  Surprisingly, after getting 100% in Link's Awakening and Breath of the Wild (250 some odd hours later) I was still itching for more Zelda which led to me firing back up Twilight Princess HD, which I briefly started back in 2016 but stopped after the first dungeon.  I had 100% the Gamecube version back in the day and got through half of the Wii version before getting frustrated with the mirrored world so it was more about exploring the new HD content than anything and my wife and I wrapped it up recently.  Not a fan of the new Cave of Ordeals-ish wolf dungeon but the rest was a blast.  Currently, my wife and I are on Skyward Sword and despite the wonky controls and my Wiimote constantly wigging out, I'm loving this.  It'll likely be onto Spirit Tracks or Triforce Heroes afterwards (both have middling reviews but I've not played much of either).

I've been on the Playstation inbetween bouts of Zelda games here and there though.  I picked up the new Atelier (haven't fired it up yet though) and also Outer Worlds, which looks awesome but I've barely started.  Of course, Jackbox 6 was pretty much an auto purchase as my family loves this series and it's fun though I haven't fired it up since launch (the servers were super buggy that day anyway).  I have been playing Tony Hawk 5 here and there after a scare online that said you could no longer play it but I've been having fun with it here and there, especially when the wife is away and we can't continue our Zelda adventures.  I also picked up BDSM purely because it looked insane and it's been a blast playing it.  The twin stick shooter thing is usually meh to me but the humor of the game makes it a lot of fun.  But I still managed to get four more platinums added to the total in my absence.

:platinum: #163 Where the Bees Make Honey

October 18, 2019 (4:01 PM)

1Ld7f7d6.png

The idea behind this one seemed really cool but the game itself was pretty meh.  The game is supposed to invigorate feelings of nostalgia and childhood but really the story just came off more pretentious and forced than anything.  Honestly, my next platinum brought back more of that feeling than this game did.  Plus the controls were really awkward.  But the Captain Toad esque levels were pretty fun.  Easy platinum but pretty much forgettable.

:platinum: #164 A Winter's Daydream (PS4)

October 19, 2019 (5:42 PM)

1L8d1f53.png

I bought this one simply because the web page intrigued me and the synopsis caught my eye.  It was only after playing that I realized just how simple this list is.  By far, one of the easiest trophy lists ever, mainly because there is no gameplay.  Instead, you read the text, press the button when done and continue until the end two hours later.  But the thing is, the story of this game is really good and hits you right in the feels.  I don't want to spoil too much but it does have a lot to do with family.  Definitely highly recommended that you read the game at some point (or if you want an easy platinum) as I enjoyed it quite a bit.

:platinum: #165 Little Adventure on the Prarie

October 19, 2019 (6:10 PM)

1Lefafe5.png

Oh man, this game was so terrible.  I don't often say games have very little redeeming qualities but this game does not have any redeeming qualities.  It's simply "walk right, attack enemies, pick up boosters, attack enemies, win" over and over.  In fact, in later stages, you have to pretty much glitch the game by jumping on the enemies' heads or you'll die.  No real way to do it legit either.  Very easy platinum but not recommended at all.

:platinum: #166 A Winter's Daydream (Vita)

October 19, 2019 (9:06 PM)

1L4fa950.png

I loved the game and I was surprised it wasn't cross buy.  Still, it was good enough that I decided to get the Vita version (and get another easy plat).