Tomotakino's Chronology of Completion

TomoTakino

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I hope you guys had a great one, I know I sure got my grub on.  My wife and I have been continuing playing through the Zelda series recently and we wrapped up getting 100% on Skyward Sword.  Overall, the game is fantastic but I'm definitely not a fan of the motion controls.  If the rumored HD remake is coming to Switch, I very much hope they map the motion controls to the right stick.  Maybe it's my Wiimote but I'd only really get two or three good swings with the controller before it would randomly wig out and think i was upside down or to the far right.  Other than that, the gameplay was awesome and I loved the story.  My wife and I discussed the next game in the series we wanted to play and she made a point that since we started from the beginning of the timeline, we should play them in order of the official timeline from the encyclopedia.  I explained the timeline is kinda wonky but she convinced me so we fired up Minish Cap and we're about 60% done.  It's been about 10 years since I played Minish Cap last so it's been fun revisiting this game again.  It's a bit shorter than I remember but still a blast so far.  Afterwards, we're gonna fire up Four Swords and move onto Ocarina, which she's most excited to play.

I've also been playing Cat Quest 2, which is very enjoyable and definitely a fun upgrade from the first game.  Very enjoyable so far just like the previous game in the series.  I'm digging the co-op too.  Really glad I picked that game up.

I've been going back to a few older games and mopping up a bunch of trophies recently.  For starters, after quite the grind, I finally got the Lifer trophy for Driveclub, meaning I've finished all the online trophies for all three of them so I no longer have to worry about missing the platinum (like I did for Guitar Hero Live).  I'm very nearly done with the Driveclub plat but I do have to grind quite a bit to get some level 6 accolades.  I also went back and finished Assassin's Creed Revelations and started Assassin's Creed 3.  Hopefully it won't take me half as long to play as I'm really enjoying the setting of this one.  I'm still playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 despite the fact that I have to disconnect from PSN every time to play it since it won't let me connect to the servers.  I'm enjoying that game very much too, despite it getting horrible reviews.  I also fired up Lego DC Super Villains again since it's the only PS4 Lego game I've not yet completed and I managed to wrap up the story and free play collectibles.  Now it's only free roam and DLC!  I'm really enjoying this so I may fire up Lego Harry Potter on PS3 since we've been binge watching the movies.  We shall see.

I've also completed several games!

:platinum: #167 Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS4)

November 15, 2019 (3:53 PM)

1L7c3735.png

I really enjoyed this game as well but I kind of got burnt out on the series for a while.  I'd start this game up, make slight progress, get frustrated at an optional bonus objective and stop playing (stupid save the rioters quest!).  I honestly thought after getting 100% on the main story the hard part was behind me but the Lost Archive DLC trophy for completing the level without messing up was so frustrating because something random would knock me back every time.  A five minute exercise took me 10 hours to complete and I nearly ripped my hair out.  Still, it was unique and interesting.  AC3 is up next!

:platinum: #168 Late Shift

November 18, 2019 (4:45 PM)

1L5361be.png

This game really surprised me in a good way.  I had heard decent things about it but I remember how terrible FMV games were back in the 90s.  Still, they managed to pull it off really well.  Sure, the gameplay is somewhat simplistic but the overarching story is unique and the engine is built in such a way that you don't notice you're playing several different movie clips.  Very well done and highly recommended if you enjoy story rich games.

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #42 Woodle Tree Adventures

November 28, 2019 (10:15 PM)

Lb356c6.png

To be honest I don't know what to say about this game.  It was a simplistic "find the collectables" adventure/platformer with generic art but in another way it was pretty enjoyable overall.  It won't wow you with it's performance and it doesn't do anything you haven't seen a hundred times before but it's great for beginners and a fun way to unwind.  Still wish it had a plat but the sequel apparently does!  I may have to pick it up when it goes on sale.

Edited by TomoTakino

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!  I've been on the Playstation a lot recently and have several updates!  I started by joining the 12 days of Christmas event on a different trophy site (gasp, scandalous!) and I'm enjoying it a lot despite being now three days behind (shop trophies...).  It's always fun to try and challenge yourself with trophy games like that and I hope they do more events like it, not just for Christmas.

I'm still going back and cleaning up old trophy lists but I also started a few new games as well.  I managed to finish both Tales From the Borderlands and Lego DC Super Villains both of which were pretty awesome in the end. I got a lot of Force Unleashed trophies and Curse of the moon trophies too and a few in Puzzle Quest, which made my completion percentage finally go up to 45% (which had been a goal of mine for a couple years).  I even hopped back on the vita and made some progress on Uncharted, the only game I haven't yet platinumed.

My family and I went back and are playing through the Walking Dead again.  Just wrapped up Season 1 and I'm about to fire up Season 2 soon with them (just gotta coordinate times).  They're loving it so far and it's interesting playing it again with the upgraded graphics.  I've played the game so many times already but it's still interesting and fun so I suppose that speaks to how awesome that first season really is.

Xbox Scarlett finally got an official reveal as...Xbox series X.  Why is Microsoft so terrible at naming their systems?  They're usually really awesome systems but Xbox One so people can mistake it for the original Xbox?  Xbox series X so people can mistake them for Xbox one X?  Honestly Scarlett was an awesome name I kind of wish it had stayed.  That's just a mini rant.  I know this is a PS site but I play all systems and though I'll probably end up getting it eventually but it just makes no sense to me.

I've also wrapped up most of my Fifty Words by POWGI guide so hopefully I can finish the rest of it and publish that soon so the rest of you guys can plat it easily!

I've also got quite a few new completions!

:platinum: #169 Tales from the Borderlands (Digital)

December 3, 2019 (6:39 PM)

1L2ee2ae.png

I heard great things about this series and I really enjoyed it in the end.  I love Borderlands so having a Telltale version with a great story was awesome.  I don't want to spoil too much but the game took a few interesting turns along the way.  I have the physical version of this too so eventually I'll get the double plat but I've got plenty of other Telltale games to complete first.

:platinum: #170 Lego DC Super Villains

December 5, 2019 (4:16 PM)

1Le076ee.png

At first I didn't really like this game.  To me, it felt really samey and since it was the fourth DC Lego game, it kind of dragged on slowly.  But once I got through most of the story, I started finding myself getting really interested in the game and I binged it until I completed it.  It ended up being a really fun game and I'm finally caught up on PS4 Lego games.  Now I gotta fire up the Vita and PS3 to complete those.

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #43 Quiplash (PS4)

December 6, 2019 (12:41 AM)

L010396.png

This game is included in Jackbox Party Pack 2 with the DLC but still, it was $2 on sale and I really enjoy Quiplash and wasn't 100% it was the same.  This game really helped me out with TT's 12 Days of Christmas challenge though.  Definitely worth it 100%, fantastic game but if it's not on sale, I recommend picking up JPP2 so you get Earwax, Bidiots, Fibbage 2 and Bomb Squad as well.

:platinum: #171 Little Adventure on the Prarie (Vita)

December 6, 2019 (10:08 AM)

1L3733e9.png

Still an absolutely terrible game.  Still a super easy platinum.

:platinum: #172 The Bunker

December 6, 2019 (12:56 PM)

1Lf6872c.png

Another FMV game from the same team as Late Shift.  This one was really interesting and made me kind of want to play Fallout.  It's about a guy living on his own in a nuclear fallout shelter.  It's still more of an interactive movie but it had a bit more gameplay this time than Late Shift.  Still, great story and fun game.  Worth checking out.

:platinum: #173 Fifty Words by POWGI (PS4)

December 10, 2019 (10:31 PM)

1L33f503.png

Another interesting POWGI game.  This time, you find fifty words jumbled into a Word Search without any redundant or useless letters.  I will have a guide out for it hopefully soon.  I just have to finish writing parts of it and it'll hopefully pass review.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone!  Hope you all had a great new years!  So far things have been great, though I've been playing a lot of Switch at the moment rather than PS4.  However, I've finally compiled my yearly trophy recap of 2019!  It ended up being way more prolific than last year even though I took a few months off to play Switch and Wii U games and I very nearly got to 200 platinums last year alone!

2019 Trophy Stats

• Total Trophies Earned: 2666
  • Total XP Earned: 90,735
  • Total Levels Gained: 9 (10 technically due to the hidden trophy glitch)
  • Total Platinum Trophies: 67
  • Total 100% Games: 7
  • Total PS4 Platinums: 49
  • Total PS3 Platinums: 7
  • Total Vita Platinums: 11
  • 150th Platinum Earned: Hidden Agenda/Crossovers by POWGI (Due to PSN hidden trophies glitch, Crossovers actually appears as my 150th, though it was truly Hidden Agenda).
  • First Platinum of 2019: Castlevania Requiem
  • Last Platinum of 2019: Fifty Words by POWGI (PS4)
  • Favorite Platinum: Resident Evil 2/Yakuza Kiwami/Final Fantasy X/Uncharted Remastered
  • Favorite Game of 2019: Resident Evil 2

2019 wound up being a fantastic year for platinums as I got nearly 70 platinums for the year and almost crossed the 200 threshold, despite the fact that I spent a lot of time on individual games this year.  Not only did I get more plats and completions than any other year by comparison but also completed several tough completions.  Unfortunately, one of them is affected by the hidden trophy glitch (Final Fantasy X).  I started the year completing several platinums that I had nearly obtained in 2018 but couldn't quite complete.  Castlevania Reqiuem was one I was very much trying to complete before the new year but ended up wrapping up on January 2 and I was very disappointed in myself for never playing SotN before then.  I also wrapped up That's You (which only needed a few additional games to get the plat) and HDN Re;Birth 3 and started on some fun new platinum projects.  My wife and I finally played Walking Dead season 3 and really enjoyed it to the point where we finished it in a day and would also complete the final season later that year, which we thought was great (so much so we started replaying the series again with family).  I also replayed a few old favorites in new packages, such as importing Phoenix Wright HD, thoroughly enjoying Stein's Gate Elite/Steins Gate 0 and revisiting Guacamelee STCE.  However, RE2 remake blew my mind after picking it up in March and I loved it so much I replayed it several times throughout the year, finally finishing up REmake as well (two awesome platinums and two amazing games I thoroughly enjoyed).  While I would play RE0 a lot, that one didn't capture me like the other ones did and I'm still standing in front of the final boss contemplating if I want to finish the game or replay the first two again.  Afterwards, I enjoyed cleaning up a few older games on my list, such as Minecraft and Borderlands 1.

However, during April, the majority of my free time went to Final Fantasy X, which I picked back up and resumed playing.  Honestly, I was loving the game thoroughly, revisiting the story I loved back in the early 2000s and re-experiencing it with my wife to the point where I wanted to go for the platinum.  I manged to beat the game after 50~ hours but it would take me another 150 hours on top of that to reconfigure my sphere grid, grind for spheres and levels, max everyone out and finally take out the superbosses at the end of the game.  It was a trying platinum but one I am extremely proud of.  Unfortunately, it's glitched hidden so I can't show it off (like my Diablo 3 and GTA Vice City plats) but it's still one of my more proud platinums and one I enjoyed getting.

From there, I was ready to tackle some shorter, more manageable games and platinums and finished a few that had been on my backlog for ages including the PS3 versions of Telltale games and HDN U for Vita.  It was around this time too that I got PS Plus and tested a few games.  I also ended up being one of the first people to finish LSL WDDD, which I actually enjoyed (though it led me to play Box Office Bust, a terrible, terrible game).  I also was really enjoying replaying Uncharted Remastered, which I introduced to a buddy, and actually managed to beat this game on Crushing and Brutal, which was another very proud platinum from 2019.  After a huge scare where the post office seemingly misdelivered my package, I was happy to find it on my doorstep the next day with the Atelier series and I was so enamored with Atelier Ayesha that I binged the game and completed it in a week.  I am seriously pumped to play the DX version releasing soon.  I continued at this time wrapping up old games (including the frustratingly complex Deponia Doomsday) until my focus shifted to a game I picked up in 2017.  At first, the gameplay was obtuse and confusing but as I played and appreciated the subtleties of it, it quickly grew to one of my favorite series and that was Yakuza Kiwami.  I loved this game so much I even created a Let's Play for the series in 2019, which is available to anyone who wants to join.  This one took me over 100 hours to plat but it was so enjoyable I immediately started the prequel and I'm still loving playing through that game.  The remastered collection is something I'm really looking forward to in 2020.

Around this time, I managed to complete the online portions of all three Driveclub games but I played a magical remake that pulled me away from Playstation and while I did come back and earn a few completions here and there, most of my focus shifted to Nintendo after really enjoying the LoZ remake.  This led me to play through Breath of the Wild (finding all 900 korok seeds and complete all shrines), Twilight Princess HD, Skyward Sword and get 100% in all of them.  I'm about 75% through Minish Cap with the intention to play Four Swords and Ocarina afterwards.  I also revisited the Dragon Quest series on Switch and I'm still on a Switch kick.

2019 also saw several trophy guides written by me posted for the first time ever.  Two POWGI games and Awkward!  I have several more on the horizon so stay tuned!  The year wrapped up with me completing the Truetrophies 12 days of Christmas challenge and enjoying Bloodstained and Crash Racing and while I do slightly regret not pushing harder to get the final 30 plats to get 100 in a year, I really enjoyed the games I played this year and my progress.  It was a great way to end the decade and I'm excited to play some new games in 2020!  There's gonna be a bunch I'm excited to play this year!  Thanks for reading!

Edited by TomoTakino

Sounds like you had a great year in gaming and congratz on all the platinums (Kiwami especially with the challenge grinding) .

At first, the gameplay was obtuse and confusing but as I played and appreciated the subtleties of it, it quickly grew to one of my favorite series and that was Yakuza Kiwami.  I loved this game so much I even created a Let's Play for the series in 2019, which is available to anyone who wants to join.  This one took me over 100 hours to plat but it was so enjoyable I immediately started the prequel and I'm still loving playing through that game.  The remastered collection is something I'm really looking forward to in 2020.

I just finished beating Yakuza 0 after about 80 hours and it has gone up to my top 10 of all time games, not many games make me laugh and actually shed some tears like that game did. There might be a time I'll go back and platinum it, but I actually want to focus on beating the others first then possibly go back for cleanup. I bought Kiwami, Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 6. With 3,4 and 5 remasters preordered, I'm going to see what I can finish this year.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 11:47 AM, Grotz99 said:

Sounds like you had a great year in gaming and congratz on all the platinums (Kiwami especially with the challenge grinding) .

I just finished beating Yakuza 0 after about 80 hours and it has gone up to my top 10 of all time games, not many games make me laugh and actually shed some tears like that game did. There might be a time I'll go back and platinum it, but I actually want to focus on beating the others first then possibly go back for cleanup. I bought Kiwami, Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 6. With 3,4 and 5 remasters preordered, I'm going to see what I can finish this year.

Thanks!  I appreciate your comments!  Yakuza is definitely one of my favorites too and it is unique in the way that one minute you're laughing at Kiryu acting like a director or flinging the phone at a phone club and the next feeling tense or heartbroken.  It's goofy at times but not goofy enough that you feel like you can't take it seriously.  I hope you enjoy the rest of the series I know Kiwami is good too but it's not as feature rich as 0 is.  I also hope they bring Ishin over eventually because it's a fun game.

So Playstation released this cool yearly recap, similar to what Nintendo did a little while ago, where it shows you your overall stats!  I screensnapped my stats and I will share them below to add to the above yearly recap!  You can verify these stats by clicking here if you're so inclined.  Spoiler tag so it's not too intrusive.

Spoiler

ZGM94vF.png

8wsVmdf.png

dBcsPgs.png

EiHWRSe.png

RoyHy42.png

Ybj3QO7.png

Also, I've included my Switch stats as well!

Spoiler

er2Fbwn.png

v1ZwE5O.png

K5CvJtl.png

TWukVVT.png

Pretty great statistic. Sadly it seems it´s not possible to receive in Germany, I can´t get my statistic with your link. =/

Edit:

Ok your link didn´t work for me I could use one from the German site :) I´m also Action hero with my longest games:

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 - 226 hours

2. Ni No Kuni II Revenant Kingdom - 115 hours

3. Judgement - 114 hours

I didn´t even really know that I needed this long for Judgement :D 

Edited by Inuty
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 11:56 PM, Inuty said:

Pretty great statistic. Sadly it seems it´s not possible to receive in Germany, I can´t get my statistic with your link. =/

Edit:

Ok your link didn´t work for me I could use one from the German site :) I´m also Action hero with my longest games:

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 - 226 hours

2. Ni No Kuni II Revenant Kingdom - 115 hours

3. Judgement - 114 hours

I didn´t even really know that I needed this long for Judgement :D 

Thanks!  That's interesting, I'm glad you got it to work though.  I tried Red Dead but I think I need to invest in it more to be honest.  The intro kind of bored me at first but I hear lots of great things about it.  I've been sitting on Ni No Kuni 2 as well cause I wanna beat NNK1 first.  How was it?

On 1/15/2020 at 8:41 AM, Grotz99 said:

The most surprising stat up there is the amount of switch games and demos played last year at 90. 

Lol, yeah I do get quite a bit on discount though.

1 hour ago, TomoTakino said:

Thanks!  That's interesting, I'm glad you got it to work though.  I tried Red Dead but I think I need to invest in it more to be honest.  The intro kind of bored me at first but I hear lots of great things about it.  I've been sitting on Ni No Kuni 2 as well cause I wanna beat NNK1 first.  How was it?

Ni no Kuni was really Good in my opinion. It‘s Hard to Compare with the First Game because of the different gameplay but it‘s Good in his own way ;) the Game has only so much Hours because of Building your Kingdom. I had the Game Running some time to get money for my Kingdom :D furthermore the DLCs can take a While. All in all i enjoy the Game!

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 11:36 PM, Inuty said:

Ni no Kuni was really Good in my opinion. It‘s Hard to Compare with the First Game because of the different gameplay but it‘s Good in his own way ;) the Game has only so much Hours because of Building your Kingdom. I had the Game Running some time to get money for my Kingdom :D furthermore the DLCs can take a While. All in all i enjoy the Game!

Good to hear!  I'll have to start that one then!

This one will be my last update regarding the past year of gaming.  Trueachievements posted a decade review for Xbox as far as achievements go.  To be honest, I was a huge Xbox gamer until 2012/2013 when I started playing PS3 more, mainly for the exclusives so it was awesome to see how my stats added up over there.  Below is a recap of 2010-2019 for my xbox profile.  It's interesting to read, especially considering how much it says I paid in games (though in reality, I almost never paid full price for a game).

Spoiler

mfekKOK.png

I also was a little freaked out yesterday when my Disgaea 1 Complete popped the trophies for 100 and 1000 levels while I was attempting to level in item world.  I thought I misread them but it turns out this is a notorious glitch in the game that when you kill a certain enemy, it acts like you've gained 3000 levels.  While you definitely don't see that in game, the stats menu even shows that you've gained that many levels despite my characters only being around level 4-5.  Adding to that I finally finished Borderlands 100% and imported my character to PS4 which autopopped a lot of trophies which startled me as well.  I'm glad I don't have to do the collectable trophies again but it did freak me out.

Edited by TomoTakino

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I lied.  Truetrophies has a decade on Playstation thing going on as well so here's hopefully my last update on the past decade's trophies:

3943.png

I've mainly been playing Borderlands recently as I finally wrapped up the PS3 version and used my character to autopop most of the PS4 list.  Thankfully, the zombie DLC and claptrap collectables autopopped but man I was sure hoping Mad Moxxi would too (that is such a pain).  I'm almost done with the PS4 list too and I'll finally move onto Borderlands 2, only 8 years later!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, hope you're all doing well!  It's time for the first 2020 trophy update that isn't related to the previous decade stats!  It's been an interesting month and I've got quite a bit of progress to update on.  First up, Yakuza Remastered collection is finally out!  Go get it and the rest of the series if you haven't it's a fantastic series.  I also managed to go back and clear out Borderlands on PS3, finally getting the 100%.  Using that save on PS4, I quickly cleared out that list too so I'm finally re-experiencing Borderlands 2, mostly for the first time.  I'm loving that game to be honest.  I also picked up the Dusk trilogy DX and can't wait to start that one up but I don't want too many gaming projects going on as I know I'll dive head first into Atelier Ayesha again like I did last time.  I also fired up Lego Hobbit on PS3 and my wife and I are having a blast playing through that game together.  We're 75% done so I'll likely wrap that one up soon.  I've also been playing a lot of PS Now games (some of them because they're easy as I'm getting really close to the 200 mark) so there are a few cool additions thanks to that service.  I also went back and played/finished a few games on my backlog from years ago like Dragon Ball Z Budokai and Way of the Samurai 4.  I also finished the guide for Fifty Words by POWGI so go check that out!

Recently however I've been playing Diablo 3 in an attempt to finish the Necromancer trophies (which is still glitched hidden but I only have three left to get the 100%) and I fired up LA Noire which I am truly loving.  This is such a cool unique game.  I remember really enjoying this on Switch (though I never beat it) and I'm glad I double dipped on PS4.  I've been watching a lot of stuff about Michael Franzese and Larry Lawton so I've been itching to play an open world crime game (will likely start GTA San Andreas back up soon or finally get around to playing GTA 4 after 12 years) and I found LA Noire, even though it's not at all like that style of game.  Still, it's very unique and fun and I'm glad I started it.

Anyway, below are my completions for the previous month:

:platinum: #174 Dragon Ball Z Budokai Collection

January 16, 2020 (12:55 AM)

1Lc2dc4b.png

My first platinum of the new decade!  My wife and I wrapped up watching DBZ and the movies and my thoughts returned to this game and how much fun I had with it.  I expected to have a lot more to go but I managed to wrap it up in a few days.  This is still a great collection of games with DBZ Budokai 1 being a great story retelling and 3 being great for the super moves.  However, I still hate Dragon Rushes with a passion.  Still, it's worth playing with your buddies especially if you want to destroy them in an epic way.  Great collection though I still wish Budokai 2 was on here.  Now where's the Budokai Tenkaichi HD collection?

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #44 Jackbox Party Pack 3

January 24, 2020 (2:59 PM)

L0c2a81.png

I love the Jackbox games and three was one of my favorites in the series.  I really enjoyed the improved Quiplash 2, Trivia Murder Party is a unique twist on trivia, Fakin' It was hilarious and one of our favorites and the other two were OK.  Still, you can't go wrong with this pack and I still play it regularly with family and friends.  It also has some of my rarest trophies despite being incredibly easy to obtain.  I am working on a guide for this game which will hopefully be published soon but it's highly recommended as is the rest of the series.

:platinum: #175 Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition (PS4)

January 29, 2020 (10:05 PM)

1L0425f0.png

This was such an enjoyable port of Borderlands 1 with lots of cool features added in like the mini map and picking up ammo/money automatically or even customizing your characters.  While I started this one with the wife, she kind of lost interest in it so after wrapping up the PS3 version (after years of playing it) I imported my character and thankfully, popped most of the annoying trophies (Mad Moxxi should have been autopop too though).  I still really enjoy this game but after playing this game so much, I think I'm ready to move onto Borderlands 2 and leave Borderlands 1 behind.  Still a great game though.

:platinum: #176 Tic Tac Letters by POWGI (PS4)

February 6, 2020 (2:54 PM)

1L0422e3.png

Another POWGI game!  This one was interesting as it wasn't so much a word game but almost like tic tac sudoku where you can't let any letters line up more than twice (though diagonally is still OK).  Unique game and I'll probably be writing a guide for it no doubt but I really hope these POWGI games keep coming out.

:platinum: #177 Gem Smashers (PS4)

February 7, 2020 (5:13 PM)

1Lff7976.png

When I saw this, I immediately thought it was going to be a match 3 Bejeweled/Candy Crush style game.  What I got was an interesting game where you fling yourself at blocks and can only destroy them if you're the same color.  This one is pretty fun at first but it does grow tiresome quickly, especially when you have to redo worlds with separate characters.  Somehow, it also didn't credit me with completing a boss on one of the worlds so I spent an extra hour or two trying to complete extra worlds to get the last trophy to no avail until I realized my mistake.  Still, it wasn't bad for a game I got from PS Now (i'm glad it was just a subscription cost and I didn't buy this) and it was an easy completion.

:platinum: #178 Skyscrappers

February 8, 2020 (4:36 PM)

1Lcd1fb8.png

This was another easy completion from PS Now and unfortunately, this one was very boring.  While the platinum was very quick and relatively painless, it was a monotonous one.  The concept was somewhat cool, allowing you to ninja your way up debris to the top of a crumbling tower to win instantly or beat each other to a victory but it grew old after a few levels (and you have to complete 28 levels in a row for the plat).  Still, another PS Now game I didn't buy and a relatively painless platinum.

:platinum: #179 Clockwork Tales of Glass and Ink

February 9, 2020 (3:40 PM)

1Le737b9.png

I really enjoy hidden object style games.  Yes they're a dime a dozen but they're great and I enjoy playing them with the wife.  This one was a relatively easy platinum as well so win win all around.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, how is it going?  It's been a while since I updated!  I've been playing and investing in games that have been difficult to complete in the past couple months.  I started with GTA: San Andreas and was really enjoying playing through that game, getting the collectables and doing missions.  I also fired up Mega Man, as the Zero/ZX collection came out and I wanted to get caught up on the series.  I managed to complete all 11 classic series games and X1 & 2 before fizzling out for a minute but I still love those games and I'm eager to return and play through the rest soon.  I also restarted up Yakuza 0 and got to the business side of things.  It's incredibly addicting on both ends and I've pretty much maxed out Kiryu's side.  The game is so enjoyable.  Definitely check it out if you can and make sure to join my Let's Play Yakuza series on this site!

Doom Eternal came out a couple weeks ago and that started me up on a Doom kick in which I beat Doom 1993, Doom 2 and Doom 64 all in the span of a week or so.  I also played some Doom multiplayer but the trophy requirements are insane for the DLC trophies.  I may just stick with the plat for now.  I always enjoy replaying classic Doom.  It's one of those series I pick up and replay usually once a year or so.  Just long enough to forget where everything is it seems lol.

Of course, my wife and I were on vacation recently and it got cancelled so we began playing Stardew Valley multiplayer on our switches.  We managed to wrap up a lot of things and I used that knowledge to hop over to my PS4 save file and wrap up the community center and get married.  At the moment, I'm just building friendships with my townsfolk and clearing out adventurer goals.  But when I found out that the Vita version still had the item spawn glitch, I quickly started a new file on that.  That file is doing exceedingly well with 40+ mil, a complete museum and 3-8 hearts with everyone.  I'm very close to completing the fishing requirements and I will likely use the item dupe glitch to complete the recipes and crafting achievements, leaving only the marriage stardrop.  After that, I'll likely hop back on PS4 to finish the adventurer guild and attempt the fector's challenge (though I highly doubt I'll ever get that one).

On the other systems, we've also been absorbed with the new Animal Crossing.  I've also been replaying various games on my Xbox, such as Just Cause 1, RE1 and Forza 4.  This caused me to also hop back onto RE0 (since I was moments from finishing that) and I now have infinite ammo for my weapons!  I can't wait to revisit the game and replay it a few times with infinite ammo.  The main barrier to me getting the plat is hard mode though (I'm certain I can get everything else).  The second to last boss was a doozy even on Normal.  But I'll likely table it for now as RE3 is coming out tomorrow and I'm absolutely giddy with excitement for that game.  I know the reviews are middling but I know I'll likely enjoy it a lot (REmake 2 was one of my favorites and it looks to be very similar with more open ended paths).  So I'm definitely gonna be juggling between REmake 3 and RE0.

In the midst of all this, however, I did manage to complete two games, one of which is an insane completion for me.

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #45 Doom 64

March 20, 2020 (3:24 PM)

Lebf010.png

As someone who collects Nintendo 64 games and hardware and someone who loves Doom, I'm extremely surprised I never played this one.  And it's an amazing game.  I really enjoy this, it's like Classic Doom with slight upgrades like map alteration and an awesome new gun.  Very easy completion as well if you use passwords.  I'll definitely be replaying this one more.

:platinum: #180 Doom (1993)

March 21, 2020 (5:43 PM)

1L6673fc.png

When this came out for 5 dollars, I bought it immediately.  And while initially it was a bad port, they've improved it significantly and it's become one of the better console Doom ports.  But as far as trophies go, this was near the top on the list of "Games I'll try and never complete" mainly due to the "Complete the game on Nightmare in co-op" trophy.  I barely completed the game on Ultra Violence for the 360 port so I thought, even with the added bonuses of not having to restart the level in co-op, I would never be able to do it.  But after some speedrun practice and reattempting levels over and over, I managed to do it and I'm extremely surprised.  Definitely a proud platinum and I may try to get Doom 2's, though from what I've played that game is on another level.  Still, awesome game and a crazy platinum.

• Like 1

Hey everyone!  Quick Resident Evil related update!  I was eagerly anticipating the RE3 Remake for months and now that it's here, I can finally say that I...really enjoy this remake.  I know people are complaining about cut content and the short length and to be fair they have a point but that doesn't stop me from really enjoying this remake.  I've beaten it 6 or 7 times now and it's been a blast.  I'm planning on beating it twice more tomorrow so I can get the plat and wrapping up the last of the challenges but I've been hooked since I got it yesterday.  Very fun remake though I do wish there was a bit more to it.  Once I wrap up, I'll likely fire up Code Veronica X and hopefully wrap up the survival horror platinums (and possibly try for the 80th time to finish RE2's No Way Out),

I also spent the week prior to release playing various other RE games.  I fired up REmake on my Xbox One and beat it several times, very nearly completing the trophy list there (just need to beat Real Survival and Invisible Enemies) and I went back to RE0 and played through that several times.  Honestly, RE0 feels like a much more fun game after you don't have to worry about ammo so the item management isn't as bad and it's a good 7/10 game for me.  Good, I'll likely revisit it again in the future but not as great as RE 1-3 in my opinion.  Speaking of RE0...

:platinum: #181 Resident Evil 0

April 4, 2020 (3:36 PM)

1Lfcb9c2.png

When I first got this game on the Gamecube back in 2004, I loved it.  I honestly enjoyed it a ton (though I never did beat it) but when I played REmake and RE4, I left it to the wayside.  After thoroughly enjoying REmake 1 & 2 last year, I decided to go backwards.  Honestly, at first, I wasn't enjoying the game like I did when I first played it but after beating the game, going through Leech Hunter and learning the game a bit better, I began to enjoy it a lot more.  It's a great game but the item management is what gets me.  Having to swap between characters or leave items scattered throughout the map was uncomfortable (I'm a bit OCD when it comes to organization) but when I didn't have to worry about picking up ammo anymore, I started to really enjoy this game.  But Hard Mode is really trying at times to be honest, especially since you can't carry over your bonus unlocks into a different difficulty (unlike Remake) so you have to start from scratch.  I nearly tore my hair out at the bat fight but thankfully I prevailed and finally can add this one to my list of RE platinums.  RE3, you won't be far behind!

EDIT: Happened sooner than I thought!  Got the RE3 Platinum!  This was an amazing game.  20 hours later, I've beaten it on all difficulties with S rankings for all except assisted and standard and completed all 58 challenges.  Great game and I'm definitely gonna keep playing this in the future!

:platinum: #182 Resident Evil 3

April 5, 2020 (7:37 PM)

1L0ca859.png

I was super excited for this remake and it really didn't disappoint (aside from being a little too short for my opinion).  Irregardless, it was an awesome experience.  I know people are mad at the cut content but I still enjoyed what was here.  The intro was intense, Nemesis was awesome, Jill was powerful in a human way and it still retained the RE2 gameplay I love so much.  It took me about 8-9 playthroughs to platinum this but once you know the game pretty well, you can beat it in around an hour.  The trophies weren't too bad this time around with Inferno being the only pesky one (until you can get to an item box to get your coins and rocket launcher).  Still, great experience despite being so short and I really recommend it if you enjoyed RE2's remake or are a fan of RE in general.

Edited by TomoTakino
  • Like 1

Well that didn't take long to beat. Then again I recall the RE3: Nemesis experience was a short one, back in the day. I think Nemesis looks like he made the leap to next gen pretty well, hopefully they can beef up the game later with some story related DLC? Which is what will be happening with Doom Eternal, so keep your eye out for future content I guess? And congrats on conquering two Resident Evil games. I see you've started DOOM 2016 as well, good luck in adding the modern DOOM games to your platinum collection.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, James_Tonto said:

Well that didn't take long to beat. Then again I recall the RE3: Nemesis experience was a short one, back in the day. I think Nemesis looks like he made the leap to next gen pretty well, hopefully they can beef up the game later with some story related DLC? Which is what will be happening with Doom Eternal, so keep your eye out for future content I guess? And congrats on conquering two Resident Evil games. I see you've started DOOM 2016 as well, good luck in adding the modern DOOM games to your platinum collection.

Yeah, it was pretty short.  First run with lots of exploration and completing most areas 100% (missed 6 files, a handful of Charlie dolls and 1 upgrade) and it only took roughly 5 hours.  It's been a while since I played RE3 99 but I busted out the Gamecube after wrapping the remake up so I'll be excited to see what all has changed.  Nemesis was awesome though and extremely persistent, especially on the harder difficulties but I do wish he appeared more often than he did.  Possibly they can add in missing areas or so to expand it a bit (hopefully they bring back the story triggers) but if the rumors I read are correct, it may just be a couple quick scenarios or mercenaries mode before they move onto RE8.  Still an awesome experience that made the shortness more noticeable.

I hope I can add the modern Doom games to the platinum collection.  They're both epic, brutal games and a whole lot of fun.  I did take a quick break from 2016 and Eternal after completing Doom and beating Doom 2 but they're epic games and I'm definitely excited to go back and finish them.  I see you've nearly got the platinum for Doom Eternal.  What are you're thoughts on it?

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate your opinions and kind words!

Edit: I may possibly focus on Doom 2016 as a candidate for my 200th Plat.  We shall see.

Edited by TomoTakino

8 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Yeah, it was pretty short.  First run with lots of exploration and completing most areas 100% (missed 6 files, a handful of Charlie dolls and 1 upgrade) and it only took roughly 5 hours.  It's been a while since I played RE3 99 but I busted out the Gamecube after wrapping the remake up so I'll be excited to see what all has changed.  Nemesis was awesome though and extremely persistent, especially on the harder difficulties but I do wish he appeared more often than he did.  Possibly they can add in missing areas or so to expand it a bit (hopefully they bring back the story triggers) but if the rumors I read are correct, it may just be a couple quick scenarios or mercenaries mode before they move onto RE8.  Still an awesome experience that made the shortness more noticeable.

I hope I can add the modern Doom games to the platinum collection.  They're both epic, brutal games and a whole lot of fun.  I did take a quick break from 2016 and Eternal after completing Doom and beating Doom 2 but they're epic games and I'm definitely excited to go back and finish them.  I see you've nearly got the platinum for Doom Eternal.  What are you're thoughts on it?

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate your opinions and kind words!

Edit: I may possibly focus on Doom 2016 as a candidate for my 200th Plat.  We shall see.

DOOM 2016 is definitely easier than DOOM Eternal, you're a lot more mobile and encouraged to move in DOOM eternal, compared to the previous game. I've beaten it twice, once on hurt me plenty and once on easy. And I've started a Nightmare playthrough, which is thankfully more merciful than Nightmare in DOOM 2016. I definitely recommend completing the games in order, perhaps you could make Doom 2016 your 199th platinum and Eternal can be platinum 200? I'm currently just taking my time. But some of the online trophies are going to be grindy, like the 200 online kills. Thankfully this stuff is all tracked in an in-game milestone menu. I feel like you're equipped to deal with all the enemies you come across, infinite flamthrower, ice and frag grenades help, as they recharge. The only thing I wish they included was a New Game + feature, yeah you can replay levels already. But it would be nice to redo them with a full arsenal to support you XD.

One small thing, if you like cosmetics and you have Twitch and amazon prime, I recommend linking all those and beth.net to get the Doomicorn, or just sign up for Slayer's club for the free zombie doomguy costume. It doesn't make much difference, just hilarious seeing Doomicorn Doom Slayer at the start of the game intimidating the Hell priests.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2017 at 10:25 AM, TomoTakino said:

The most worrying was when I was 4 gold bricks short of 200, knowing I had explored every cranny of Hogwarts.  Thankfully, I found the four in the basement of the Leaky Cauldron and managed to get this trophy.

Wow, seriously, you didn't blow off that huge silver lock and not check the basement to find the gold bricks you got for assembling all of the minikits for each year after getting 100% on all the story levels for each year? I admit that I almost made the same mistake when I saw 189/200 and swore up and down that I had to go back to Hogwarts since the PS4 version has a bug that softlocks you out of Hogwarts if you do the Gringotts levels... only to check the Leaky Basement and remember that I hadn't assembled the Goblet of Fire minikit yet. xD

Have to do Years 5-7 soon, but I want to try to make Disgaea 4 Complete+ my 50th platinum. Almost there, just need to fill out the databases and kill Baal. ;)

• Like 1

However, the Dog Shrine was an annoying and useless sidequest and the game was way shorter than I expected.

I think Toby Fox made the platinum so easy as a personal joke. After all, the title of the platinum is "Don't you have anything better to do?" as if he was mocking gamers for not going outside and having social gatherings. Joke's on him, COVID-19 made doing anything but playing video games or home activities impossible. xD

I have spent hours reading your list and am impressed by how many platinums you have. I'm almost at 50 but you're an inspiration. :)

So much of this game is locked behind a paywall and it honestly feels like a step back.  I do really enjoy the new aspiration system as well as multitasking and the game does have a lot going for it if you pick up the expansion packs but it still feels like something's missing.  Either way, it's still a fun game (though it's one heck of a time consuming plat) and I enjoyed going for the platinum on this one.

I actually got this plat very swiftly because I found there are people who upload their families on the gallery and some people uploaded all of the families you need for certain trophies(one has a Grim Reaper in their family, a few people uploaded their pregnant women who are going to pop triplets, and one person even uploaded a family which, when you load it in, pops the Basketcase trophy) because the game doesn't disable trophies if you add families from the Gallery or use the traits cheat, so you can use that cheat to add a trait that turns someone into a ghost for the trophies requiring Woohoo with a Ghost and moving a ghost in. If you want to know more(out of curiousity), you can go to this video:

Edited by Rune_Crys
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, James_Tonto said:

DOOM 2016 is definitely easier than DOOM Eternal, you're a lot more mobile and encouraged to move in DOOM eternal, compared to the previous game. I've beaten it twice, once on hurt me plenty and once on easy. And I've started a Nightmare playthrough, which is thankfully more merciful than Nightmare in DOOM 2016. I definitely recommend completing the games in order, perhaps you could make Doom 2016 your 199th platinum and Eternal can be platinum 200? I'm currently just taking my time. But some of the online trophies are going to be grindy, like the 200 online kills. Thankfully this stuff is all tracked in an in-game milestone menu. I feel like you're equipped to deal with all the enemies you come across, infinite flamthrower, ice and frag grenades help, as they recharge. The only thing I wish they included was a New Game + feature, yeah you can replay levels already. But it would be nice to redo them with a full arsenal to support you XD.

One small thing, if you like cosmetics and you have Twitch and amazon prime, I recommend linking all those and beth.net to get the Doomicorn, or just sign up for Slayer's club for the free zombie doomguy costume. It doesn't make much difference, just hilarious seeing Doomicorn Doom Slayer at the start of the game intimidating the Hell priests.

Nice, I'll definitely have to fire up and finish Doom 2016.  I started Doom Eternal when it launched just to try it out but I am definitely gonna beat 2016 before I continue Eternal.  I did download the Doomicorn and it's pretty funny.  It reminds me of Whimsyshire from Diablo 3.  Thanks for the advice though.  I may just do that (though the online trophies for Eternal may pose a problem for me).

1 hour ago, Rune_Crys said:

Wow, seriously, you didn't blow off that huge silver lock and not check the basement to find the gold bricks you got for assembling all of the minikits for each year after getting 100% on all the story levels for each year? I admit that I almost made the same mistake when I saw 189/200 and swore up and down that I had to go back to Hogwarts since the PS4 version has a bug that softlocks you out of Hogwarts if you do the Gringotts levels... only to check the Leaky Basement and remember that I hadn't assembled the Goblet of Fire minikit yet. xD

Have to do Years 5-7 soon, but I want to try to make Disgaea 4 Complete+ my 50th platinum. Almost there, just need to fill out the databases and kill Baal. ;)

No lol I honestly forgot about the leaky cauldron after doing all story and free play missions.  Honestly I enjoyed 5-7 a bit more but they were both really good.  And best of luck on Disgaea 4!  Baal is a challenge, kudos to you for nearly completing it!  I was pulling my hair out with midboss in Disgaea 1 lol.  Still enjoy that series a lot though and Disgaea 4 Complete is definitely on my "to play" list (I want to finish them in order though).

1 hour ago, Rune_Crys said:

I think Toby Fox made the platinum so easy as a personal joke. After all, the title of the platinum is "Don't you have anything better to do?" as if he was mocking gamers for not going outside and having social gatherings. Joke's on him, COVID-19 made doing anything but playing video games or home activities impossible. xD

I have spent hours reading your list and am impressed by how many platinums you have. I'm almost at 50 but you're an inspiration. :)

I actually got this plat very swiftly because I found there are people who upload their families on the gallery and some people uploaded all of the families you need for certain trophies(one has a Grim Reaper in their family, a few people uploaded their pregnant women who are going to pop triplets, and one person even uploaded a family which, when you load it in, pops the Basketcase trophy) because the game doesn't disable trophies if you add families from the Gallery or use the traits cheat, so you can use that cheat to add a trait that turns someone into a ghost for the trophies requiring Woohoo with a Ghost and moving a ghost in. If you want to know more(out of curiousity), you can go to this video.

Wow, I really appreciate you going through my list!  I'm blown away that you took the time to read my journey, thanks so much!  I wouldn't say I'm an inspiration though, just a gamer who enjoys gaming.  Your 90% completion rate is impressive and inspiring to be honest, I usually get sidetracked with different games while attempting to complete trophy lists.  Plus it looks like you've gotten them all in only five months.  That's awesome!  You'll pass me in no time flat!

Undertale was a fun game but I do think Toby Fox was trolling a bit with the platinum.  He could have easily done more fun trophies like pacifistic or genocidal run trophies but he did the simple route.  Still a great game but a really boring sidequest and trophy list (simple though).  As far as Sims 4 goes, I saw that they updated the game with those features (though I'm not sure if adding traits through cheats was always an option or only since adding keyboard/mouse functionality).  When the game launched in 2017 (and even when I got the plat in 2018), the gallery wasn't in the game so you had to do everything from scratch.  I'm glad that they added the gallery function though, it was a big advertised feature of Sims 4 PC and it is quite cool having it on console now.

I enjoyed reading your comments, thanks for posting!

5 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

And best of luck on Disgaea 4!  Baal is a challenge, kudos to you for nearly completing it!

Thanks but I'm past that. The hardest part was having to win against Baal because even in the normal land, his techs one-shot you even with over 80 million defense! And he one-shots anyone coming out of the base who doesn't have at least 20 million hit points. I luckily managed to get good RNG, steal the Invincible Barrier that I needed to complete my item list, and win the Great Baal Horn. Fuka has over 90 million attack. That Guardian innocent is nothing to scoff at. :D

I almost freaked out when I found I was missing some skills and when I found that I had defeated HD Asagi and couldn't find her I went back to a super-old save(just before the end of the Fuka and Desco Show) and tried to replay the recruit fight for HD Asagi, thinking it was DLC I had missed. Turns out the FAQs assured me that I just needed to have Asagi pass a bill to become HD Asagi and I could just get those three final skills for the trophy.

The worst is over. I only have two very grindy trophies involving diving into the Item World multiple times to get weapons and armor I need, finding out where the novelty weapons are(I only have a few) and then torturing demons to get treasures in levels which have the remaining ship parts. Oh, and I have to find that map that will let you blow up ten Prinnies in a row and do over 10 billion damage in one hit, but having doing that in Disgaea 5, I know the drill. So four trophies away and I won't play any more games until I get those. ;)

5 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Your 90% completion rate is impressive and inspiring to be honest, I usually get sidetracked with different games while attempting to complete trophy lists.  Plus it looks like you've gotten them all in only five months.  That's awesome!  You'll pass me in no time flat!

Please, don't patronize me, you had a wider variety of games than I did and we overlap a bit(like with Cat Quest and LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4), and half of those platinums are from games anyone who takes the time to learn the games can earn, I could never get into God of War or Diablo 3. I also spent a month off of gaming to play an MMO but now the MMO is sour in my mouth so I got back into trophy hunting. I'll start working on more lengthy RPGs. I already started up Dragon Quest XI and plan to stream Dragon Quest Builders 2 , though it will probably be a mute stream as I am not good at figuring out how to live stream off my PS4.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 6:08 AM, Rune_Crys said:

Thanks but I'm past that. The hardest part was having to win against Baal because even in the normal land, his techs one-shot you even with over 80 million defense! And he one-shots anyone coming out of the base who doesn't have at least 20 million hit points. I luckily managed to get good RNG, steal the Invincible Barrier that I needed to complete my item list, and win the Great Baal Horn. Fuka has over 90 million attack. That Guardian innocent is nothing to scoff at. :D

I almost freaked out when I found I was missing some skills and when I found that I had defeated HD Asagi and couldn't find her I went back to a super-old save(just before the end of the Fuka and Desco Show) and tried to replay the recruit fight for HD Asagi, thinking it was DLC I had missed. Turns out the FAQs assured me that I just needed to have Asagi pass a bill to become HD Asagi and I could just get those three final skills for the trophy.

The worst is over. I only have two very grindy trophies involving diving into the Item World multiple times to get weapons and armor I need, finding out where the novelty weapons are(I only have a few) and then torturing demons to get treasures in levels which have the remaining ship parts. Oh, and I have to find that map that will let you blow up ten Prinnies in a row and do over 10 billion damage in one hit, but having doing that in Disgaea 5, I know the drill. So four trophies away and I won't play any more games until I get those. ;)

Please, don't patronize me, you had a wider variety of games than I did and we overlap a bit(like with Cat Quest and LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4), and half of those platinums are from games anyone who takes the time to learn the games can earn, I could never get into God of War or Diablo 3. I also spent a month off of gaming to play an MMO but now the MMO is sour in my mouth so I got back into trophy hunting. I'll start working on more lengthy RPGs. I already started up Dragon Quest XI and plan to stream Dragon Quest Builders 2 , though it will probably be a mute stream as I am not good at figuring out how to live stream off my PS4.

My apologies if I came off patronizing, it definitely wasn't my intention.  I'm honestly more impressed by completion percentage than number of completions and while there are a lot of easy completions on your list, there are on mine too (of which I also had a 10 year head start).  I also would consider Disgaea a game you'd have to take the time and energy to learn (plus God of War is a lot easier than it seems and Diablo 3 is just more time consuming than difficult).  But again I apologize.

Dragon Quest XI is a lot of fun.  I keep meaning to go back to that (I just went through the first three on Switch not too long ago).  It was a really fun game and I liked the battle system a lot.  Story was interesting too (I got distracted and played DQ 1-3 on Switch when those came out).  My wife really liked DQ Builders.  I thought it was cool how they twisted the original game's story into a modern sandbox builder.  I may pick up the second one for the wife.  As far as live streaming goes, as long as you have your account set up and a mic/camera plugged in, it should give you the option when you share your broadcast if you want to enable the microphone and camera.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

2 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

I also would consider Disgaea a game you'd have to take the time and energy to learn (plus God of War is a lot easier than it seems and Diablo 3 is just more time consuming than difficult).  But again I apologize.

It's okay, you're forgiven. ;)

Disgaea is definitely more time-consuming than Diablo 3 and without help you will probably miss a lot. I'm also at the platinum, I just have to fight one more group of Item World pirates to get their pirate ship part to get 100% pirate ship parts for a trophy and then get the last weapons for my item database for the 100% items trophy, but I'm missing a sword which I didn't know existed and no site has information on that sword. I spent all night last night grinding out weapon levels because you have to go into each items' Item World and go to the last level to steal the next rank of weapon from the Item God boss there(and you have to do it in the Land of Carnage, which is much harder than normal). So I have to spend hours of time to get the Rank 40 weapons from the Legendary Rank 39 weapons(as the Item God won't appear in anything but legendary weapons) and then dive into those weapons to get the highest rank. Unfortunately, I still do not have a Legendary Rank 39 Gun which is the only weapon I don't have a Legendary Rank 39 of. It's random where you get those so I might have to dive into a million legendary items in the Land of Carnage to find that weapon. So yeah, it is definitely time consuming. Disgaea 5 is much easier as the trophies are much more forgiving. (You do not have to fight Baal, the ultimater superboss, but you do have to fight a boss almost as hard to get a trophy, and to unlock his stage you have to do a ton of puzzle stages similar to the X-Dimension.)

Dragon Quest XI is a lot of fun.  I keep meaning to go back to that (I just went through the first three on Switch not too long ago).  It was a really fun game and I liked the battle system a lot.  Story was interesting too (I got distracted and played DQ 1-3 on Switch when those came out).  My wife really liked DQ Builders.  I thought it was cool how they twisted the original game's story into a modern sandbox builder.  I may pick up the second one for the wife.  As far as live streaming goes, as long as you have your account set up and a mic/camera plugged in, it should give you the option when you share your broadcast if you want to enable the microphone and camera.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks for the help. I do have a headphone with mic so I will try that. Glad you're trying out new stuff. Dragon Quest is my favorite triple AAA RPG series.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Resident Evil streak continues!  The past few weeks I've been juggling RE:CVX on PS4 and RE4 on PS3, mainly because CVX's battle mode was getting to me at times.  RE4 is amazing and I can't believe I never played it and I just got to Ashley, which if what everyone says is correct, this is where I"m gonna start getting annoyed with the game.  Still, it's been a while since I played a game I can't stop thinking about all day long and RE4 is doing that.  The thing about the RE series that's keeping me from getting burnt out is the slight differences in gameplay that make each game unique.  Still, I'm loving these games and replaying them all recently has shown me how awesome the Resident Evil series really is.  I'm hoping I can finish RE2 next and wrap up RE4 (which I'll likely restart again on PS4 to double complete).

In fact, I started a Resident Evil let's play here on this forum so if you wanna play along with me and some awesome other members, please feel free to join anytime!  You can win some cool custom awards by earning plats and 100%s in the series too!  It's located here:

I've also been juggling Final Fantasy 7's remake and that game is amazing.  I'm loving every second of it though chapter 8 (which I'm at) is starting to drag a little for my taste.  Still love it though and I'll likely be playing more here and there between RE playthroughs.  That brings me to my next point: I have not one but two new Resident Evil completions!  (I'm actually blown away that I'm still this dedicated to completing each one).

:platinum: #183 Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (PS4)

April 21, 2020 (4:25 PM)

1L0f037f.png

This was such a roller coaster of a platinum for me.  I first started playing this and had difficulty getting used to the controls.  The story was pretty cool (though really wacky and cheesy at parts) and playing as Claire and Chris was really cool.  Once I beat it, I grew worried though I would not be able to get the platinum.  I tried Battle Game and was relieved by the infinite ammo weapons, as I worried that you'd have to find resources to kill all the enemies.  Then, after coming in almost double the time limit for rank A, I began to think I didn't have the skill set to beat these.  However, after some persistence, I managed to beat them one by one, learning the layout (as it doesn't change) and grew hopeful again (until I managed to nearly clear Wesker's but died three rooms from completion and couldn't get that far again in 10 attempts).  But once I conquered Battle Game, I took notes on speedruns to see where I could improve and worried about how close I was cutting it.  That is, until I hit the mid save after forgetting where the grenade launcher was for 20 minutes and still coming in at a time of 1:50:00.  The final roller coaster came after I very nearly beat the speedrun on my third try but accidentally unequipped my gun on the final boss and got killed, ruining my A rank.  But a couple of tries later and I had my rocket launcher!  Honestly, I thought this was in the air whether I would ever platinum this but the game isn't difficult as long as you practice and learn it.  But I'm proud to finally get it and add it to my growing collection of Resident Evil platinums!

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #46 Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD (PS3)

April 22, 2020 (12:29 AM)

Ldc535d.png

It's amazing how much better this game looks on PS3 than on PS4!  Plus I love that ammo pools in stacks larger than 255.  With this game, I figured I'd use the knowledge I had acquired with the PS4 version while I still had it fresh in my mind and fired this version up too.  I honestly never thought I'd complete it this fast though.  It only took me two tries to get the speedrun (the first one Tyrant killed me by knocking me into the flames very shortly before the save point) with the second being a consecutive run (no reloads necessary).  Battle Game seemed easier this time too!  It only took me two tries with Claire A, once with Claire B, twice with Chris, twice with Steve and once with Wesker, which is a heck of a lot better than I did on PS4 (though I'm not sure if the framerate was smoother on this one but I do know the load times helped me).  Great game and honestly, this is the version I will replay in the future because of the better graphics and gameplay.  Onto RE4!