Platting without boosting...have you?

Wade_VC

I was just curious how many here have managed to earn their Platinum on BFBC2 without boosting.

I know there are a few trophies that are tough to get on your own, but I was curious how many here toughed it out and managed to get your Plat without boosting. I am currently working on Demolition Man, which is all I have left for my Plat., and although I have had offers to boost it, I will continue to trudge along until I earn it without boosting.

So, anyone else Plat the game on your own?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got this without boosting, i tried to boost in a room with some guys but it was very unorganised and unsuccessful and i am not one to boost unless i have too so i just did it myself. The 2.0 kills took me about a week and a half to get and i used nothing but the mortar strike on the sniper class to do it, much easier than running into a loaded building.

• 2 months later...

I got the plat and the 100% on this game completely legit. I hate boosting and never have, nor do I intend to. This game was very fun and did not even seem like a grind. I got the demolition kills using a drone and destroying the corners of buildings with it's missiles. The et tu brute one, I simply joined a small match and sent friend requests to anyone in the lobby. After that, I went after my new "friends". With all this said, this is not the 100% or platinum that I am most proud of. The honors for that would go to Homefront! That game was a serious grind, but most of the time I really enjoyed it. :)

• 1 month later...

I got the plat without boosting aside from the knife 5 friends trophy. By the time i started playing this, most of my friends had moved on to other games so it wasn't just a matter of joining one of my friends games. The online though is alot of fun though so it wasn't tough. Demo kills aren't that hard once you get the hang of it.

• 1 month later...

it just seems impossible to get a decent game these days.

Really? "Impossible to get a decent game" as in a bunch of douche-bags have started playing, or is the online pretty dead? I haven't been on in a while, but have been thinking of doing so to see if I can get the rest of my Demo kills.

Really? "Impossible to get a decent game" as in a bunch of douche-bags have started playing, or is the online pretty dead? I haven't been on in a while, but have been thinking of doing so to see if I can get the rest of my Demo kills.

A bit of both. When I do find a game it seems to be madly ranked clans who complete decimate my team and the other half of the time I get kicked cause of my stupid connection haha. I need 13 demo kills still :/

• 3 weeks later...

Currently working on it. Signed up for boosting but haven't got anything organized so I have decided to do it my own. I guess you can say I boosted one knife kill. one of the people I added for the boosting was on the opposite team and I got him for my first knife kill. The other 4 came from adding people on the opposite team.

For the demo kills I am replaying the Arica level and trying to take out anyone in the sniper towers. I have got 8 so far and I think 6 of them I got from bringing the towers down.

I think it's going to be more satisfying getting it on my own.

i am one of the people who have plat this game without boosting or help.

- Killing five friends trophy done by adding people randomly during the sessions

- 20 Dem Kill done alone but after suffering and long time

I did this exact thing. No boosting, unless you consider adding every member on the opposing team, and hoping they would accept boosting. :P

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was never able to get the demolition trophy in the end. i tried boosting, but that didn't work as most people are selfish and i just ended up leaving.

It's the only trophy I had left for platinum, but by the time i stopped playing i only had about 6 kills. I might go back and try again soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, i just finished mine this mourning at 2:17am, took me 1 week, 4 days, 3 hours to platinum it legitly. Now i know why people say destructon 2.0 is so hard, half the time it says the enemy suicided, but i got my final 12 yesterday, and last trophy was a pain, killing someone by roadkill with a uav.

Edited by BMJ2K7

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I got BF:BC 2 Platinum honestly; it was a walk in the park compared to the first game which I still haven't got to this day despite only being a few thousand kills and 5 tags off the final two trophies for the plat. I found the second games plat easy as I loved the game and played it so often, didn't get the dlc though maybe I should of while people were still playing on it

TITANIUSX.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...