Sony Rewards added rewards for trophies! (USA only)

aZombieDictator

22 minutes ago, Katt said:

wait a second, it worked? (I'm using VPN)

zlRL09m.png

If you have a US PSN account and use a VPN to sign up for PlayStation Rewards it should work, however if you do this and try to link a non-US PSN account it just throws an error. ?

16 minutes ago, demonviper666 said:

Use vpn  like guy above

that happened to me too, but I kept trying and worked.

8 minutes ago, Swotam said:

If you have a US PSN account and use a VPN to sign up for PlayStation Rewards it should work, however if you do this and try to link a non-US PSN account it just throws an error. 1f644.png

I have my Rewards account since I have my PSN account, around 4 years ago? (no need for a VPN to create an account around that time) so I had 1800 pts to spend, I always tried to spend my pts and always had an error, but now, It worked. If this reward is a physical code, I'm screwed, if not... let's just wait for a email.

6 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

@Katt Is it really possible, through VPN, to link my Canadian account to have advantages of Sony Rewards?

dunno, my account is from US.

Edited by Katt

i will give it a try.

at least i will get at least 100 points a month. should equate to getting something free after a year.

edit: looks like i got a hefty amount of points. though i have to wait 5 days.

Edited by kingdrake2

2 hours ago, Maxie Mouse said:

@Swotam You can show me a screenshot of the non-USA account link failure, fellow Canadian?

Ugh, was trying to insert a screenshot from my phone but can’t figure out how to do that, sigh... Will update when I get to a PC.

Edit: OK, for whatever reason I cannot figure out how to get an Imgur link to embed in the posts here, nothing seems to work, but essentially this is the error I get when I login to my Canadian PSN account through a VPN.

<h3 class='large'>We're sorry, you are not eligible to link your account at this time.</h3> <p class='no-top-margin'>This program is only available to users in the United States.Thank you for your understanding. </p>

They are obviously checking the region of the actual PSN account and not allowing links from those that aren't tied to the US store. So, VPN or no it looks like Canadians are out of luck.

Edited by Swotam

That's really really annoying it's not retroactive. But oh well.

Also I've heard reports that every time you get the amount of trophies for the points it resets. So if that's right 100 Platinums could get you $100 store credit not counting the points for gold and silver trophies. Would be nice since their rewards program is heavily focused around movies and not games. Would actually let me get use from the rewards program since I don't watch movies.

10 minutes ago, dmsleight said:

I signed up ages ago, but the password I thought I used didn't work...  I tried to have it sent to my email, but nothing has come.  I hope its there when I check tomorrow morning.

the password reset feature was slow for me too. It did eventually come through.

Just now, Terra said:

Apparently mine was "Favorite TV Show". I have no clue >_>

Lol that's an awful one cause your opinion on that can change so easily and there's so many TV shows. It's always best to have an obvious answer to you that never changes.

I still can't get into my email signed up to my Youtube account because I don't know my security question... 

Just now, aZombieDictator said:

Lol that's an awful one cause your opinion on that can change so easily and there's so many TV shows. It's always best to have an obvious answer to you that never changes.

I still can't get into my email signed up to my Youtube account because I don't know my security question... 

I'm going to call them because if I try one more time it will lock my account which I don't want...I need to learn to write these questions done or keep them consistent 

3 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

If you go onto the Sony Rewards website you can redeem 1,000 points if you have 10 Platinums and redeem them for $10 on PSN! You can also get a few points for silver and gold trophies. Hopefully they do something beyond this, but it's a nice thing right now. Takes a bit to get your code for the PSN credit though.

Edit: The rewards aren't retroactive so the trophies earned after you sign up are the only ones that count. And I've heard reports that when you complete one of the rewards for like 10 Platinums it resets so you can do it again. Not 100% sure on that yet though.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/pass

Very cool of you for posting these, so I already unlocked all the passes, I just need to wait 5 days to claim, is that it?