Sony Rewards added rewards for trophies! (USA only)

aZombieDictator

4 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Nope. Once you unlock the thing that's when it officially starts tracking trophies. So now to get the rewards you need to start earning more trophies, anything before you activated it doesn't count sadly.

damn, i wonder if this expires? not sure when i'll be getting 10 plats. xD i see myself 1-3 for the remainder of the year. hopefully it doesn't expire soon.

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Flappy goat twice... Madman.

See, I remember it being an absolute arsehole the first time, took a couple hours. Then the next time, when a friend bought it on PS3, I got it in a couple minutes.

Since then I've done it twice on my plat only account and twice on my alt account with little to no effort. And then when it popped up as a Game with Gold I did it again there too without much effort. So that's twice on my main, four more times on alts, once again on Xbox, for a grand total of 7 times done, with only the first giving me gripe.

Mind you I downloaded it again the other day on Xbox and played it for fun and barely made it to two, so I might start with Flappy Goat and see if I can keep up, rather than do the rest of the game before it.

But then again, in the hour or so since I was on here last, I've thought about it, and 10 bucks really isn't enough to get me to race to 10 plats, I'll just sign up to the rewards thing and cruise my way there slowly, replaying stuff I genuinely enjoy / have already replayed on the plat account and normal alt account. And girlfriend's account. And this one other friend's account who doesn't care about trophies but still wants to be ahead of their other friend. Basically I'll just use the 10 bucks as an excuse to replay some stuff I enjoy and get paid for it, fine by me.

11 hours ago, BHK3 said:

I always promised myself I would never get those cheap trophies, the super easy to stack ones, the trophy bait games, etc.

Well, Sony, I ain't a dirty whore, but $10 is $10.

6628e85926.png

I wasn't really trophy hunting when I came across Sound Shapes I bought the game on Vita and loved it then did everything all over again on PS3 and autopopped on PS4 because I heard rumors of autopop and wanted to test it. So I've got three Platinums on it, but I ain't doing any of that regional crap and stacking for Platinums. I do have a bunch of crap Platinums, but I have more than enough good ones to make up for it.

14 minutes ago, Double-0-Zero said:

Don't joke about the wonderful Hannah Montana platinum :D. People struggled for that! Not so much the difficulty but the mentality of the game...

It's the ultimate test of the trophy hunter. Can they endure the atrocious Hannah Montana game for just a Platinum.

4 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

It's the ultimate test of the trophy hunter. Can they endure the atrocious Hannah Montana game for just a Platinum.

I know I couldn't. It's the prime reason why I haven't bought the game. Respect those who endured such harsh conditions. :D

Also in theme of the topic, I hope they bring it across other countries... I wanna redeem my 100+ plats... 

Edited by Double-0-Zero

36 minutes ago, KRATOS_31090 said:

This won't last long..people can do this on multiple accounts and just hack the trophies lol quick free money.

Yeah but people already do this with points on the site. 1,000 points is nothing to the people that abuse the site for movies and stuff. The Sony Xperias cost 47,000 points yet they're all pretty much sold out, just put that into perspective.

I've used this site for years so yes it's trustworthy (for the couple of post I've seen speculating).

It does take an entire day for me to receive my $10 code when I do submit for them. I get most my points just from buying stuff off the store. So i get points on every purchase. It's not much but with these trophy challenges added i'll hit my next $10 relatively quickly.

I hope they do more of these trophy-related challenges down the line though.. I have a feeling though they won't and it was just a way to get more memberships lol.

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

Yeah but people already do this with points on the site. 1,000 points is nothing to the people that abuse the site for movies and stuff. The Sony Xperias cost 47,000 points yet they're all pretty much sold out, just put that into perspective.

Sold out doesnt always mean there was hundreds, thousands, even millions up for grab. There may had been only 1. 

So what's stopping someone like me (who already owns 1000 Top Rated, all four stacks of Nubla, etc.) from making dummy account after dummy account and re-platting those games for a quick buck? I have no intention of doing so since I don't have the time for it (and since it's a bit sleazy in the first place), but the way this is being done seems like it would be all to easy to abuse. I think doing it through Sony Rewards was a mistake since by granting points that can be redeemed for codes rather than granting the codes themselves, there's no way for Sony to make them non-transferable like they do with other promotional codes like the "spend $100 get $15 back" ones.

3 hours ago, HOMESLICE2100 said:

I have 34 platniumed trophies so I was expecting once I logged in I would be able to get $30 but since they just put the trophy thing out there it counts everything from then on out so I have 0 which to me is completely bullshit.

Was it complete bs before you knew though? I mean, we play and plat games anyway, now we just get a chance to cut costs on a game later on. 

I think free money for what I was doing before anyway is, well, good. 

Did you want them to hemorrhage money as a company? I'm surprised they did it at all. 

• Like 3