sgerbil

Longest Gap Between Trophies

57 posts in this topic

What is your longest gap between trophies?  

I recently picked up Burn Zombie Burn again after 7 years because I thought my son (who was to young when I first got it) would like to play it.  I first played it right when it was free on PSN, got one trophy and then left it.  It made me think, how many other people have done the same thing and what got you back into that game?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6-burn-zombie-burn/sgerbil

4 years, 8 months for me for Bioshock on PS3. I originally bought the game in 2008 and got one trophy a few minutes into the first chapter, then put it down and didn't pick it up again until 2013, which is more or less when I got into trophy hunting. I had originally bought the PS3 for my kids to play games, so I just didn't really bother playing anything myself for the better part of 5 years, lol.

4 years, 1 month on PS3 Journey.  Could not get that last trophy that was playing with 1 companion for the majority of the game.  Finally got it today.  Shees.

The Sims 3 - 5 Years and 8 months. Got it when it came out but trophy glitches had me put it down until 2016 when I finally decided to platinum it 

6 years, 2 months, 1 week, "Comet Crash". I got this game back in 2011 from PSplus the first time i suscribed and i played a bit but then sony delisted the DLC the next 6 years from the store so the only option to 100% was to buy the "complete bundle" (PSN store doesn't allow you to buy a bundle once you have bought the base game) that was expensive for my taste. Just recently the Comet Crash 2 game was released so sony decided it was time to reduce de price of the bundle and re-relase de missing DLC, and happy ending 😎

4 years and 6 months for Burnout Paradise. I first played this game back when PlayStation was hacked they gave PS+ for free and some years later I knew I could earn that platinum and I went for it! Really enjoyed that game. Who doesn't love rushing down the street listening to Girlfriend? 😎

11 months and 14 days for Beyond: Two Souls. I played it for fun originally then took a long break because I needed to purge the Navajo chapter from my memory before I could even think of going back for the platinum. Even playing through it the first time that chapter bored me half to death. It did the trick though, after leaving it for so long I'd forgotten about a lot of the game so I enjoyed it almost as much as the first time round. 

I still needed to finish the Navajo chapter twice before I got there but decided just to get it over with. Normally I wouldn't bother if I'm not going to have fun but it was only around an hour long since it was the chapter that stuck with me the most so I knew what to do, it's not like it was going to take days so I made an exception. It was worth it in the end, it's a decent game and platinum to have and it was fun seeing the different endings. Plus I got to put Ryan through a ton of grief and fuck with his emotions repeatedly, I hated that guy from the moment he appeared so that definitely helped me push through :lol: 

2 years, 8 months - Dante's Inferno (Trails of St. Lucia DLC; Beating 25 single player and 15 Co op EA trails)

That's the last trophy for 100% but not been able to beat it as it is hard as fu*k to complete 😣😣😣

2 years 3 months for Run Sackboy Run.

I had gotten all but 1 trophy, the last one being a huge grind. Determined not to pay for microtransactions, I marched on until the faithful day I decided to be proactive and save to the cloud in case anything happened to my vita and I clicked download instead of upload. (Or visa versa, I don't recall exactly) Everything was lost.

I went back to it this summer as I had a boring filing job 20 minutes away, so I could play on the train and  then I could spam the chests exploit at work until I had enough coins. Felt very good to finish it up.

4 years, 3 weeks, 4 days, 11 hours, 32 minutes in Catherine.

Got the game during the first week of release and played it faithfully. Unlocked all the Babel stages, but I couldn't beat any of them. About two years ago I was watched Ghostrobo's Catherine walkthrough on YouTube and I got the urge to play it again. After many attempts I finally beat Babel stage 1. I was so siked, but I now couldn't beat stage 2. I gave up on it again and haven't played it for two years now. 

Edited by Cake

8 years, 1 month

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X., cause flying kinda sux.

7 years, 2 months, 2 weeks for Fallout 3

When i got the game i hated it and wasn't really playing for trophies back then. Picked it up again a few years later and loved it so much that i had to buy the dlc's but towards the end the game kept crashing so much that i lost progress a few times. 

At the moment it would have to be Assassin's Creed 2:

8 years, 4 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 22 hours

Decided to jump into it again as a lull between titles since I'm trying to work on improving my completion %. 

Apotheon - 6 years 2 months

When it came out on the psplus I downloaded it and played for a few minutes. earned the first trophy and then the interest vanished.

Nowadays, while waiting for PS5 stock I'm working on my backlog and trying to plat psplus games like RiME, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, The Deadly Tower of Monsters, Wizards Tourney, etc...This hopefully, will be one more plat.

Am I really the first one to break a decade? 😄

L300d8f.png

Kane & Lynch Dog Days

First Trophy:

26th Aug 2010

Platinum:

17th Apr 2021

Gap:

10 years, 7 months, 3 weeks

Bought for Co-Op at the time, but my wife (fiancé I think at the time!) hated how misogynistic and nasty the story was, so we never played much more than a single play through.

Finally decided to finish up some of the trophies when I saw a boosting session, and ended up getting more of them than I thought, so dived back into Single player and finished it up for the 100%.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

I think mine would be since 2009 on Final Fantasy XIII. I'm too lazy to grind the last bit I need from my first game with trophies. 

13 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

I think mine would be since 2009 on Final Fantasy XIII. I'm too lazy to grind the last bit I need from my first game with trophies. 

If I recall the drop rate on some of those items, you could have been grinding every day since then and still have the same gap 😂

Far Cry 3.... 4 years 11 months between trophies

Edited by craig_obviously