Longest Gap Between Trophies

dalailama1989

What's the game you have been "working on" for the longest time?

Mine is GTA IV. From the first to the last trophy (for now): 6 years, 2 months, 3 weeks, 23 hours, 54 minutes, with several gaps; the longest being 2 years, 5 months, 1 week.

I played it before the trophies were patched in but got my first one still in 2008. I wondered all the time about the message "Trophies are only available for new savegames" and I didn't know what trophies were at that point. So "Off the Boat" was my very first one as well :)

Still haven't played Gay Tony yet, will do some day - but Platinum won't be happening for me due to the long MP grind.

Should I wait with GT another 3.5 years to fill the "ten-years-total-time-span"? :D

1 year, 3 months, 2 weeks

Mass Effect 2, and only because I downloaded all DLC and the patches, made my choices and played the intro (got 1 trophy).  I ended up not playing again for about 1 year 2.5 months, then started it for real.  Took 3-4 weeks in reality, but whatever.

Mine is Uncharted 2 at 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 1 day, 22 hours. I got Uncharted 2 with my PS3 and didn't really care for the game at first, so after the first five trophies, I didn't get another one for over 2.5 years. Then after beating story mode on easy, it took me several months to start getting more trophies, but then I stopped around half way through my hard play through. I forget why. That was just over a year ago, and last week, I finally got some more trophies. I only have a few trophies left, but it'll probably still be at least another month before I get the platinum.

Red dead redemption. 4 years, 7 months, 17 days

My sole trophy hunting purpose at the moment is going back and getting as many trophies as I can on games I abandoned for whatever reason so this is happening a lot. In RDRs case, in those days I only did the story etc so I went back and mopped up some misc trophies and did some dlcs etc great game. Was fun playing it again

There's a thread like this already that I think some clever guy brought up ;)

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/23147-whats-the-biggest-gap-between-a-games-first-trophy-and-its-platinum-or-100/?hl=%2Bgap+%2Bbetween+%2Btrophies#entry498505

If you like time gaps you should check this out and show your views :)

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/25557-sort-by-time-gap/?hl=%2Bgap+%2Bbetween+%2Btrophies#entry558047

Cheers!

Edited by Half-H3ro

L7771ce.png

-First Trophy- 
3 years ago                  29th Feb 2012
                                            11:26:52 PM

-Platinum- 
3 years, 1 month, 1 week  13th Apr 2015
                                             9:22:01 AM

3 years owo..It was my first game in this account, I used to make new accounts whenever I wanna replay my games xp, I had an account right before this but forgot the password so I had to make this account official lol..I could have finished this game within a week or two x3

Edited by CaTofWaRxMiKu04

• 2 years later...

What is your longest gap between trophies?  

I recently picked up Burn Zombie Burn again after 7 years because I thought my son (who was to young when I first got it) would like to play it.  I first played it right when it was free on PSN, got one trophy and then left it.  It made me think, how many other people have done the same thing and what got you back into that game?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6-burn-zombie-burn/sgerbil

• Like 1

4 years, 8 months for me for Bioshock on PS3. I originally bought the game in 2008 and got one trophy a few minutes into the first chapter, then put it down and didn't pick it up again until 2013, which is more or less when I got into trophy hunting. I had originally bought the PS3 for my kids to play games, so I just didn't really bother playing anything myself for the better part of 5 years, lol.

6 years, 2 months, 1 week, "Comet Crash". I got this game back in 2011 from PSplus the first time i suscribed and i played a bit but then sony delisted the DLC the next 6 years from the store so the only option to 100% was to buy the "complete bundle" (PSN store doesn't allow you to buy a bundle once you have bought the base game) that was expensive for my taste. Just recently the Comet Crash 2 game was released so sony decided it was time to reduce de price of the bundle and re-relase de missing DLC, and happy ending ?

• Like 1

4 years and 6 months for Burnout Paradise. I first played this game back when PlayStation was hacked they gave PS+ for free and some years later I knew I could earn that platinum and I went for it! Really enjoyed that game. Who doesn't love rushing down the street listening to Girlfriend? ?

11 months and 14 days for Beyond: Two Souls. I played it for fun originally then took a long break because I needed to purge the Navajo chapter from my memory before I could even think of going back for the platinum. Even playing through it the first time that chapter bored me half to death. It did the trick though, after leaving it for so long I'd forgotten about a lot of the game so I enjoyed it almost as much as the first time round. 

I still needed to finish the Navajo chapter twice before I got there but decided just to get it over with. Normally I wouldn't bother if I'm not going to have fun but it was only around an hour long since it was the chapter that stuck with me the most so I knew what to do, it's not like it was going to take days so I made an exception. It was worth it in the end, it's a decent game and platinum to have and it was fun seeing the different endings. Plus I got to put Ryan through a ton of grief and fuck with his emotions repeatedly, I hated that guy from the moment he appeared so that definitely helped me push through :lol: