Longest Gap Between Trophies

dalailama1989

2 years 3 months for Run Sackboy Run.

I had gotten all but 1 trophy, the last one being a huge grind. Determined not to pay for microtransactions, I marched on until the faithful day I decided to be proactive and save to the cloud in case anything happened to my vita and I clicked download instead of upload. (Or visa versa, I don't recall exactly) Everything was lost.

I went back to it this summer as I had a boring filing job 20 minutes away, so I could play on the train and  then I could spam the chests exploit at work until I had enough coins. Felt very good to finish it up.

4 years, 3 weeks, 4 days, 11 hours, 32 minutes in Catherine.

Got the game during the first week of release and played it faithfully. Unlocked all the Babel stages, but I couldn't beat any of them. About two years ago I was watched Ghostrobo's Catherine walkthrough on YouTube and I got the urge to play it again. After many attempts I finally beat Babel stage 1. I was so siked, but I now couldn't beat stage 2. I gave up on it again and haven't played it for two years now. 

Edited by Cake

7 years, 2 months, 2 weeks for Fallout 3

When i got the game i hated it and wasn't really playing for trophies back then. Picked it up again a few years later and loved it so much that i had to buy the dlc's but towards the end the game kept crashing so much that i lost progress a few times. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Apotheon - 6 years 2 months

When it came out on the psplus I downloaded it and played for a few minutes. earned the first trophy and then the interest vanished.

Nowadays, while waiting for PS5 stock I'm working on my backlog and trying to plat psplus games like RiME, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, The Deadly Tower of Monsters, Wizards Tourney, etc...This hopefully, will be one more plat.

Am I really the first one to break a decade? ?

L300d8f.png

Kane & Lynch Dog Days

First Trophy:

26th Aug 2010

Platinum:

17th Apr 2021

Gap:

10 years, 7 months, 3 weeks

Bought for Co-Op at the time, but my wife (fiancé I think at the time!) hated how misogynistic and nasty the story was, so we never played much more than a single play through.

Finally decided to finish up some of the trophies when I saw a boosting session, and ended up getting more of them than I thought, so dived back into Single player and finished it up for the 100%.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

I think mine would be since 2009 on Final Fantasy XIII. I'm too lazy to grind the last bit I need from my first game with trophies. 

If I recall the drop rate on some of those items, you could have been grinding every day since then and still have the same gap ?

• Like 4

My longest gap currently recorded is +4 years, 4 months, 3 weeks, I played a lot of games at the start when I had a PS4 but was never massively into getting Trophies, it was only last year I started really going after trophies and wanted to go back and do some of those games I started and never finished. The trophies in question are  A Knight No More - Complete the game (any difficulty) and Power of Observation - Inspect all objects from The Order 1886, all I needed to do was find all the collectables.

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection

2992 days, 20 hours, 13 minutes and 19 secs.

Fuck, so close to 3000 days...

e2715e241b.png

Longest Platinum right now is Split/Second at 9 years, 8 months. Longest 100% and longest trophy gap in general is Streets of Rage 2 at 9 years, 9 months. By the time I finish my game completion project I will have a few games in the 10 year+ range. inFamous for example is hitting 10 years in June and I am definitely not getting to it before then because I am working on my remaining multiplayer games for my next three plats, and will be finishing up a 9/10 difficulty game for the #10 milestone so I will be pretty busy for a while. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Longest Platinum right now is Split/Second at 9 years, 8 months. Longest 100% and longest trophy gap in general is Streets of Rage 2 at 9 years, 9 months.

I love that your profile is the most exciting story on PSNP these days. Do you have music peripherals laying around? I'm 100% confident you could pull off DJ Hero and Rocksmith if you did haha.

Edited by kindajustin
  • Like 1