New Hero Moira Announced

ddracarys

In case you missed it from Blizzcon 2017, Overwatch got a ton of coverage as several new exciting additions are making their way to the game. Most importantly, the new Support hero Moira! It is currently unknown when Moira will make her debut into the game. However if Blizzard are sticking to their first year of releases, Moira should be playable around the time Sombra was last year (November 15th). I personally think we will be getting her closer to December. With her release, as always, expect a new update to the game and your trophy lists. Here is a list of everything Overwatch related you may of missed across the last day!

1. Support hero Moira announcement, Origin Trailer and PlayOverwatch profile
  2. Reinhardt Animated Short
  3. Hybrid Map Blizzard World

I will try to update this thread as much as possible as new information surfaces!

UPDATE: Moira has just hit the PTR on PC today! A lot faster than I expected honestly, so we may even get that early release which I doubted in the first post. So of course, with her PTR release comes her trophies! The moment we've all been waiting for! Without further ado, Moira's trophy and spray requirements are:

tPCeiaN.png

Xcx14my.png

Thanks to @Maxie Mouse for the links to the caps.

UPDATE 2: Thanks to @Leo_the_Lion25 and NoahJAFK, we finally have some trophy coverage for Moira's trophies! And thankfully, they seem like they won't take much effort to pop at all. See the below video for the details! Antipode pops at around 16 minutes and Simple Trigonometry pops at around 26 minutes.

Edited by ddracarys

4 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

I just hope the trophies are reasonable this time around. Doomfist's trophy didn't fit his ultimate ability at all.

Not only his trophies, but his abilities also do not fit his character. I mean, what kind of hero has a hand the size of half a vehicle, and can “level a skyscraper” with it, but not use it as his melee ability? Sigh Blizzard.

@Shadiochao Doomfist's were reasonable. I did them solo queuing. Don't expect easy trophies in Overwatch, it will require 20% skills, the rest is luck.

Speaking of Moira, I expected a new Defense hero considering how outnumbered this class group is. It definitely needs one for the 27th hero. I find Moira's look weird to be honest and her abilities are basically Zenyatta's healing and discord orbs in short range LOL. She's probably the least surprise for a Overwatch hero. I may be wrong of how actually she feels to be played with.

Speaking of trophies, I can already predict the following sprays:

• Pixel: Get 2 killing blows with a single use of Moira's Biotic Orb in Quick or Competitive Play.
  • Cute: Kill 4 enemies with a single use of Moira's Coalescence in Quick or Competitive Play.

Unless they combine heal and damage in an achievement, like healing and damaging at once in a single use of an ability...

• Pixel: Restore X healths and deal X damages without dying as Moira in Quick or Competitive Play.
  • Cute: Restore X healths and deal X damages with a single use of Moira's Coalescence in Quick or Competitive Play.
Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Maxie Mouse said:

@Shadiochao Doomfist's were reasonable. I did them solo queuing. Don't expect easy trophies in Overwatch, it will require 20% skills, the rest is luck.

Speaking of Moira, I expected a new Defense hero considering how outnumbered this class group is. It definitely needs one for the 27th hero. I find Moira's look weird to be honest and her abilities are basically Zenyatta's healing and discord orbs in short range LOL. She's probably the least surprise for a Overwatch hero. I may be wrong of how actually she feels to be played with.

Speaking of trophies, I can already predict the following sprays:

• Pixel: Get 2 killing blows with a single use of Moira's Biotic Orb in Quick or Competitive Play.
  • Cute: Kill 4 enemies with a single use of Moira's Coalescence in Quick or Competitive Play.

Unless they combine heal and damage in an achievement, like healing and damaging at once in a single use of an ability...

• Pixel: Restore X healths and deal X damages without dying as Moira in Quick or Competitive Play.
  • Cute: Restore X healths and deal X damages with a single use of Moira's Coalescence in Quick or Competitive Play.

There are definitely some specific hero related trophies that were easier than others though. An example of a hero who had “easy” trophies (or easier, I suppose) is Mercy. You can easily get both of Mercy’s trophies in a single match. And for the players who main her, they basically pull off the trophies requirements almost every game. An example of a hero who had harder or more annoying trophies was Zenyatta. I don’t even need to explain that one. I think this is what the above poster mean’t. Are Moira’s trophies gonna be more on the Mercy side of things or Zenyatta? That’s what everybody wants to know.

I agree with you on the lack of Defense heroes and Moira basically being a reskinned Zenyatta. I personally think this new hero is already boring. They recycled a lot of her abilities. There’s the new heroes that get recycled, heroes like Ana. Then there’s the new heroes who actually bring something new to the table, like Sombra. We need more heroes who bring something new with them. Not this recycled trash. Moira’s already a disappointment for me.

Good spray predictions, a friend and I were talking yesterday about our own predictions, and we pretty much landed on the same thing. We think the requirements will lean more towards healing AND damaging. Because Blizzard just like to fuck with us like that.

4 hours ago, Maxie Mouse said:

No they weren't.

For Cratered, you need to hit the entire enemy team at once. His ultimate has a radius of 7 metres, a cast time of a few seconds and a very obvious warning.

7 metres is the smallest radius for an AOE ultimate in the entire game. It's also blocked by walls, obstacles and shields.

Let's look at the other two abilities that require 6 enemies and why they are reasonable:

Sombra: Radius of 9 metres, immediate cast time, and Sombra's abilities allow you to enter the crowd undetected.

Winston: Gives you 10 seconds to run around and hit people. If they scatter, you can still chase them down over large distances with your increased mobility.

Now let's look at some of the AOE ultimates that only require 4 kills:

Junkrat: Has a radius of 10 metres when it explodes. Can be cast from anywhere on the map and used to catch people off-guard up to 10 seconds later.

Reaper: Almost the same range as Doomfist's ultimate, has an advantage by having an immediate cast time but has the downside of being interruptable.

D.Va: Has a radius of 20 metres and a similarly obvious warning.

Why is it that D.Va's ultimate with that massive range only requires 4 people? You could say it's because you have to kill them, but D.Va's ultimate does 1000 damage, so anybody it hits is almost guaranteed to die anyway.

It makes no sense that Doomfist's trophy doesn't require hitting or killing 4 people like almost everybody elses. It's not an ability that's built for essentially wiping out an entire team. It's unlikely you'll see 6 people together all that often, but when you do, this ultimate is the worst-equipped AOE ultimate to hit all of them at once. I can only assume that Doomfist had a wildly different ultimate before release and this trophy was left over from whatever that was.

On top of needing all 6 enemies to be in an extremely cramped space, you will need:

None of them to slowly walk in opposite directions once they hear the warning.

None of them to walk in any direction once they see the second warning.

None of them to die before you land.

No Reaper, Mei, Zarya or Zenyatta who will use their abilities to completely cancel out damage.

No competent players that can use other character's basic abilities to instantly get 7 metres away from at least one teammate. This includes Doomfist, Genji, Pharah, Sombra, Tracer, Junkrat, D.Va, and now Moira.

All of those things can happen with every other ability, which is why 2 are usually allowed to escape without preventing you from getting the trophy. There's a reason you don't actually need to kill 6 people with Genji's ultimate, or why Tracer's bomb trophy required 4 sticks instead of the usual 4 kills at once. Because they would've been unreasonable requirements.

The most viable method of obtaining Cratered combines it with a Zarya's ultimate to trap all 6 players together. Zarya's ultimate has a wider radius and no cast time, yet her trophy requires you hit less people than Doomfist's. Which means with that method, Zarya will have to surpass her own trophy before Doomfist even gets a chance of earning his. Isn't that unusual?

Nobody said I wanted easy trophies, I just wanted ones that don't require overwhelming amounts of luck and poor play from the enemy team. This trophy is ridiculous with what it requires if you compare it to any other trophy in the game. Alone, there is nothing you can do and no level of skill you can reach that would make this trophy any easier, which is why I think it sucks.

I'd like to know where you think the 20% skill comes into play here, because I don't see it. The fact that it was possible for you to earn doesn't mean it's a good trophy.

• Like 1

Im also really pissed off about this trophy. I have roughly 400 hours on the game and I am still sitting at 98%. 15 of those hours are Doomfist Playtime in which I only went for the trophy as I dont enjoy the character. First I thought that Orisas Halt State was crazy but Doomfists trophy takes it to a whole new level.

To get back on topic for a bit (yo screw that Doomfist trophy tho), i'm not all that impressed by the new character. I find her design kinda uninteresting and her toolkit looks a little bit all over the place, however she looks like she can totally be a viable character so maybe she'll win me over. 

Also she looks like she's from Battleborn.

54 minutes ago, SirEricLPer said:

Im also really pissed off about this trophy. I have roughly 400 hours on the game and I am still sitting at 98%. 15 of those hours are Doomfist Playtime in which I only went for the trophy as I dont enjoy the character. First I thought that Orisas Halt State was crazy but Doomfists trophy takes it to a whole new level.

If you're finding any Overwatch trophy too difficult, you can always setup a boosting session.

26 minutes ago, Happy said:

To get back on topic for a bit (yo screw that Doomfist trophy tho), i'm not all that impressed by the new character. I find her design kinda uninteresting and her toolkit looks a little bit all over the place, however she looks like she can totally be a viable character so maybe she'll win me over. 

Also she looks like she's from Battleborn.

I don't think anybody is impressed with Moira lmao. Especially since her entire toolkit is recycled abilities from other heroes. How boring!

Edited by ddracarys

3 hours ago, Maxie Mouse said:

Moira is now on the PTR, here are the achievements:

https://i.imgur.com/tPCeiaN.png

https://i.imgur.com/Xcx14my.png

You beat me to it! I was just about to update the thread. Thanks for the screencap links!

Edited by ddracarys

Honestly, Moira seems to have the easiest DLC trophies yet.

For Simple Trigonometry you simply throw your Biotic Orb on both your team and enemy team with players next to each other within a single life.

For Antipod, you shoot behind your team and you align to the enemy team. Yet, Zarya’s Ultimate is perfect for it.

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 1

This guy gets both achievements naturally on PTR. In the 2nd game and 3rd game he plated with her. First is the ultimate at 16 minutes in. Looks like Dva counts as two people if you hit her mech and her ejected self. He gets the Biotic Orb ability at around 26 minutes in where he first heals Orisa for the whole 300 orb healing and then he gets nano boosted but used the damage orb which did the whole 200 damage and the achievement unlocked since he didn't die. But I wonder if the Biotic Orb does more than 200 damage if Nano Boosted? I couldn't really tell because he hit Hog with it who will take the entire orb. 

• Like 2

On 11/8/2017 at 0:54 AM, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

This guy gets both achievements naturally on PTR. In the 2nd game and 3rd game he plated with her. First is the ultimate at 16 minutes in. Looks like Dva counts as two people if you hit her mech and her ejected self. He gets the Biotic Orb ability at around 26 minutes in where he first heals Orisa for the whole 300 orb healing and then he gets nano boosted but used the damage orb which did the whole 200 damage and the achievement unlocked since he didn't die. But I wonder if the Biotic Orb does more than 200 damage if Nano Boosted? I couldn't really tell because he hit Hog with it who will take the entire orb. 

Thank you for the informative footage! I will add this to the OP now.