Opinion on WW2?

schicic

It is an ok game, but I have some problems. Some of them are major problems. This is my opinion of the game:

- First of all, the game advertises the singleplayer campaign, multiplayer, zombies, and coop. They later released information about zombies. Was zombies the coop? Wtf? This new excuse of a zombies mode just lets people AFK in lobby to the point where people don't want to play the game anymore on the first day  of its release, EXTREMELY dark as in a pitch black map and not just a dark story line (is turning the brightness up all the way on a game just to be able to see it a good design idea?), and made almost everything about zombies PAY TO WIN. Pay for more power ups, pay for ammo, pay self revives, pay for more crates.

- Zombies is not the only thing that is P2W. The entire game is. If  you get a good gun from a crate, they will put you in a lobby with bad players so you can get more kills and make them want to buy more crates to get the said gun. It is their new P2W matchmaking and they seem to be very proud of it. You want more costumes? You pay. You want better guns? You pay. You want better matches? YOU PAY.

- The game uses the same engine as Advanced warfare. Many people stopped playing it because of the cheaters. Now on day 1 and even on the beta people where botting and chamming. Even on PS4 you will get shot through was without the use of recon planes, sometimes at the beginning of the game your whole team will get mowed down before taking 2 steps and they quickly leave with you and 1 other guy left to fight the cheaters.

- Campaign is...short. About as much as you can expect from COD now days. Not much I can say for it even though it's a WW2 game.

What is your opinions of the game? I know COD is a loved franchise, so I will probably be hated for my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I like the game.  It's just that it feels like it could have been alot better and that a few things have actually been taken out of the game.

Edited by schicic
  • Like 2

I had an absolute blast on the campaign. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt D-Day should've been a bigger part of the game, but that's about it. Haven't been able to connect online, it keeps giving me some sort of error message. It would be nice to try the online, but I really just bought the game for the campaign, and I can't say I was disappointed to be honest.

On 11/4/2017 at 4:42 PM, schicic said:

The entire game is. If  you get a good gun from a crate, they will put you in a lobby with bad players so you can get more kills and make them want to buy more crates to get the said gun. It is their new P2W matchmaking and they seem to be very proud of it. You want more costumes? You pay. You want better guns? You pay. You want better matches? YOU PAY.

I don't know what you're talking about here because everything in the game right now is cosmetic. The guns you get in the supply drops are cosmetic improvements with XP bonuses. That's it.

In terms of the 'hacking,' I just don't think that's possible right now :P 

And if what you're talking about is that Activision patent, Michael Condrey went on to say that it isn't in the game: 

• Like 1

I absolutely loved the campaign and it's my favourite campaign from all the CoD I have played :D 

However, I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of the multi because I'm more a solo player and the community is as bad as I remembered, they just want to have the biggest Kill/Death without playing the objectives, no matter what game mode I play. I also don't like the fact that I can have 5 other level 1 partner and face a team of level 50+, so yeah, after I reach level 55 I'm done with the multi since I don't really like the maps for the most part.

I haven't played zombie yet but I know that I didn't really like that mode when I played WaW so I'm just going to get the trophies for this mode and be done with it.

12 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I absolutely loved the campaign and it's my favourite campaign from all the CoD I have played :D 

However, I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of the multi because I'm more a solo player and the community is as bad as I remembered, they just want to have the biggest Kill/Death without playing the objectives, no matter what game mode I play. I also don't like the fact that I can have 5 other level 1 partner and face a team of level 50+, so yeah, after I reach level 55 I'm done with the multi since I don't really like the maps for the most part.

I haven't played zombie yet but I know that I didn't really like that mode when I played WaW so I'm just going to get the trophies for this mode and be done with it.

Yea the matchmaking is terrible especially when your put up against parties. Blame me for sucking, no the fault lies with Activision. 

TL;DR : The matchmaking is fine, stop being a bitch about something they fixed and everyone bitched about it, so they reversed it.

People are now complaining about what SHG fixed with Advanced Warfare.

The CoD community really is fucking indecisive, for the 9 years I've been playing CoD (since WaW), they always complain about something, then it's fixed, then they complain about the fix, they bring it back to the OG state, still complains.

Here, it's the matchmaking. Tired of getting against way better players than you ? Oh, sounds like something they fixed with SBMM (Skill Based MatchMaking) in Advanced Warfare, putting you with people around the same K/D and SPM as you (obviously doesn't work anymore since there's nobody playing anymore). People complained about it because they couldn't find easier games to play in. Everyone bitched about it so bad that it's not in any newer CoD. Now, they bitch about it again.

And don't even start me on the "CoD is a copy and paste every year' bullshit they all said until Ghosts, then when AW came out and changed the movement system making it more fun and refreshing, they all bitched about it.

Edited by Tay
Corrected a typo.
  • Like 1

I posted a review on my youtube channel but the short version is campaign was good but with some minor issues, multiplayer is the best it's been in years but still mediocre, and zombies are zombies not too much fun but just fun enough with too much  emphasis on secrets.

Edit: I've been playing call of duty since the first one on the PC btw so I come with a very lengthy background with the franchise

Edited by Muskratateer

16 hours ago, FRANTICWRATH said:

people laugh when i say this,but pretty soon youll be paying for bullets in games.made in america,american capitalism at its best.Last gen games totalled about $70 with all dlc,look at today on average $130 and the AMERICAN made greed will never end!

I'm an American (albeit not always a proud American) and I approve this message.  Nothing but straight up truth here.

Campaign: Only played a few minutes of it so far but does seem better than the last 4-5 Call of Dutys I've played (although I did skip Infinite)

Multiplayer: Well there's a couple things I wish this game would address (quickscoping, small maps, spawn locations..) but they'll never fix those because the casuals need to feel like they are amazing at a game they can run into the enemy spawn to rack up on killstreaks. I do enjoy the addition of daily/weekly challenges and unlocking stuff in loot crates (which can be earned without paying unlike this topic creator has stated). I also have not seen cheating so not sure where he's got that from.

Emblem Creator: Okay so this is a good idea until you get trolls and idiot offensive people making stuff. I know it says that they won't accept it but they seem to think the guy with the emblem I saw that said "Burn Trannies" And "God Hates F@gs" is acceptable. It's not though. I reported him. I doubt it does anything. 

Zombies: Seems pretty darn good so far. I will say I do suck at them though LOL.

Overall score: 7/10 (Zombies bumped it from being a 6)

2 hours ago, Tay said:

TL;DR : The matchmaking is fine, stop being a bitch about something they fixed and everyone bitched about it, so they reversed it.

People are now complaining about what SHG fixed with Advanced Warfare.

The CoD community really is fucking indecisive, for the 9 years I've been playing CoD (since WaW), they always complain about something, then it's fixed, then they complain about the fix, they bring it back to the OG state, still complains.

Here, it's the matchmaking. Tired of getting against way better players than you ? Oh, sounds like something they fixed with SBMM (Skill Based MatchMaking) in Advanced Warfare, putting you with people around the same K/D and SPM as you (obviously doesn't work anymore since there's nobody playing anymore). People complained about it because they couldn't find easier games to play in. Everyone bitched about it so bad that it's not in any newer CoD. Now, they bitch about it again.

And don't even start me on the "CoD is a copy and paste every year' bullshit they all said until Ghosts, then when AW came out and changed the movement system making it more fun and refreshing, they all bitched about it.

I don't know if you are talking about me but if that's the case, where did I say that I'm tired of playing against better players than me ? I don't care when I die/lose so that's not the problem here. I just want to have a fun competitive game , not a one sided game and I'm also thinking the same way when I win for your information.

You have to be blind (or playing with a group) if you can't see that most of the people on this game don't bother with the objectives. Just play a few War Games without a group and tell me how many of your teammates were really trying to get behind the tank so it can go forward/get in front of the tank so it can't go forward, or how many people tried to build the bridge even when you throw a smoke grenade. Not many in my case, so yeah I think I have the right to say that being a solo player suck in most cases considering half of the community of this game doesn't even try to play the objectives. 

And each and every time someone complains there is someone like you saying "you complained before, you are complaining now..." but maybe the ones that complained about the former system aren't the ones complaining with the current system you know. 

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I don't know if you are talking about me but if that's the case, where did I say that I'm tired of playing against better players than me ? I don't care when I die/lose so that's not the problem here. I just want to have a fun competitive game , not a one sided game and I'm also thinking the same way when I win for your information.

You have to be blind (or playing with a group) if you can't see that most of the people on this game don't bother with the objectives. Just play a few War Games without a group and tell me how many of your teammates were really trying to get behind the tank so it can go forward/get in front of the tank so it can't go forward, or how many people tried to build the bridge even when you throw a smoke grenade. Not many in my case, so yeah I think I have the right to say that being a solo player suck in most cases considering half of the community of this game doesn't even try to play the objectives. 

And each and every time someone complains there is someone like you saying "you complained before, you are complaining now..." but maybe the ones that complained about the former system aren't the ones complaining with the current system you know. 

No, I wasn't specificaly talking about you. It was about those who commented about it and will.

I don't care either if I die and I consider myself an alright player (already got sniper diamonds). K/D is useless and has no significance to me.

Yes, I didn't talk about the braindead players who can't focus on the objective, it's my biggest complain in the community after the intense camping. Almost every game I complain about a teammate camping instead of playing the objective, didn't say anything against that. In solo games, in most games the teammates are trash, yeah. That's solo play.

From what I've seen, most people (and youtubers but that's a minority compared to the everyone) that complained at Ghosts complained after AW. I was one of the people that complained on Ghosts, was fucking glad AW was such a good and refreshing game.

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Oh yea...because japanese devs and pubs NEVER do anything of the sort, right? I mean, Japanese pubs never do stupid shit like, say, stop making video games and license all their ips to pachinco machines. Japanese devs/pubs never release a $60 game with 1/2 a roster, then go off and charge $8 per character right after launch. Never....they NEVER do shady shit like that. Japanese devs/pubs NEVER re-release iteration after iteration of the same game just so they can repackage and resell the same shit with small tweets. Never! ONLY evil American capitalist companies to shady shit like that, right?

Fucking tool.

Thank you. How many times have I seen spin-offs and reboot after reboot after spin-off of the same Japanese game 15 fucking times.

• Like 1

This is the first CoD I bought/played since MW2. So for me, it feels fresh to play a CoD again and especially since I think the WW2 CoDs of the past were the best! 

I had my own game server running for CoD 1 on PC and played CoD2 to death in MP on Xbox 360. Also loved Big Red One and all the other CoDs up to Modern Warfare. The first Modern Warfare was awesome in Campaign and Multiplayer for me because it felt fresh and some good changes were implemented. However, I was already tired of the modern setting when MW2 came along, never finished the campaign on that one and never really got into it's multiplayer. So I abandoned the series. 

Now, they returned to WW2 and since it's been so long since I played any CoD (besides some CoD 1 Multiplayer on some private servers with nice mods on PC) I decided to give it a try. And I'm having a blast :)

First, the campaign is awesome. I think WW2 is still the best setting. Granted, I played a lot of the things in the campaign already in some form or another in other CoDs or other WW2 shooters but it's a bit like playing Dragon Ball games - you know the story already and what to expect ;) Still, if it's well made this doesn't matter.

Then there is the Multiplayer. I will probably not get into it as much as I did in the past with CoD 1 and 2 (less time and Battlefront 2 is coming soon and I will probably play that one more if it is good fun) but so far, I really like it. Granted, I'm not as good as I used to be and a lot of changes are weird or need some getting used to but the War Mode is excellent (reminds me of Wolfenstein Enemy Territory!) although randoms often seem to not really play the objective. But this problem is not limited to CoD, you have the same issue in Battlefront f.ex.

But I wish you could have 1) a playlist that randomly shuffles through the play modes and 2) a mode where you are limited to non-automatic rifles. (hate the sprayers, bolt action rifles are the toys of the big boys!!)

The Zombie Mode is ... weird. But I haven't really dug into that one yet. But it feels so shoehorned and out of place. They should maybe change this into a standalone spin-off series and leave it out of the main series.

Long story short: I'm having lots of fun with CoD WWII. The reason is probably a combination of 1) love for the setting 2) a long CoD hiatus 3) a fun campaign with lots of action.

Probably won't plat it though. I don't have an issue with the campaign trophies or the handful of MP trophies but I'm not really interested in Zombie mode so I probably won't get those. They also seem to be pretty hard tbh. 

Edited by Sicho
  • Like 2

On 11/5/2017 at 8:23 PM, Crazy said:

I don't know what you're talking about here because everything in the game right now is cosmetic. The guns you get in the supply drops are cosmetic improvements with XP bonuses. That's it.

In terms of the 'hacking,' I just don't think that's possible right now :P 

And if what you're talking about is that Activision patent, Michael Condrey went on to say that it isn't in the game: 

There are cheaters in ALMOST every game/match. Modded controllers with cheats installed DO and WILL work for this game, it even worked in the beta. This is another reason why people dont like multiplayer, my reason anyway.

For the others, I love the zombies. I just wish it wasn't so dark. If you turn up the brightness in game it will make the game gray, plus at a certain point in the EE it will start to appear as "fog" inside the bunker but the fouled up brightness settings let you still see zombies :/

Edited by schicic

On 11/6/2017 at 0:29 PM, Phil said:

Oh yea...because japanese devs and pubs NEVER do anything of the sort, right? I mean, Japanese pubs never do stupid shit like, say, stop making video games and license all their ips to pachinco machines. Japanese devs/pubs never release a $60 game with 1/2 a roster, then go off and charge $8 per character right after launch. Never....they NEVER do shady shit like that. Japanese devs/pubs NEVER re-release iteration after iteration of the same game just so they can repackage and resell the same shit with small tweaks. Never! ONLY evil American capitalist companies to shady shit like that, right?

Fucking tool.

On 11/6/2017 at 0:34 PM, Tay said:

Thank you. How many times have I seen spin-offs and reboot after reboot after spin-off of the same Japanese game 15 fucking times.

Konami, Capcom. Even Nintendo has made a lot of slip ups, they're not nearly as influential as they used to be.

Anybody wondering can just look at all the Street Fighter iterations as a good example. Thankfully Capcom has mostly forgotten who Megaman is, although I would love to see a proper Megaman game released this generation but I don't know if that is really going to happen.

Still sore about Konami not renewing their license for certain games. Really wanted to grab X-Men Arcade and Simpsons Arcade but I found out they've been delisted for years now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, schicic said:

There are cheaters in ALMOST every game/match. Modded controllers with cheats installed DO and WILL work for this game, it even worked in the beta. This is another reason why people dont like multiplayer, my reason anyway.

For the others, I love the zombies. I just wish it wasn't so dark. If you turn up the brightness in game it will make the game gray, plus at a certain point in the EE it will start to appear as "fog" inside the bunker but the fouled up brightness settings let you still see zombies :/

Please, PLEASE tell me you're talking about PC and not being retarded talking about PS4.

"controllers with mods in them" LM-FUCKING-AO

Scufs and similar controllers are NOT modded, they just have paddles and remappables buttons, they're legal even in MLG competitions.

I've been playing CoD for 9 years, and on PS3, yeah there are hackers, but not a lot at all, but on PS4, I haven't seen ANY. There's no mods/cheats on PS4. I'm almost Prestige 2 in WWII and I haven't met a single hacker. So to say "there's hackers every game" is fucking ridiculous. If you're getting dropped by a player that jumpshots/dropshots because he knows where you are because of the MANY ways you can detect someone (cough soundwhoring cough), don't call it hack. Just get good and deal with it.

On 05/11/2017 at 0:42 AM, schicic said:

It is an ok game, but I have some problems. Some of them are major problems. This is my opinion of the game:

- First of all, the game advertises the singleplayer campaign, multiplayer, zombies, and coop. They later released information about zombies. Was zombies the coop? Wtf? This new excuse of a zombies mode just lets people AFK in lobby to the point where people don't want to play the game anymore on the first day  of its release, EXTREMELY dark as in a pitch black map and not just a dark story line (is turning the brightness up all the way on a game just to be able to see it a good design idea?), and made almost everything about zombies PAY TO WIN. Pay for more power ups, pay for ammo, pay self revives, pay for more crates.

- Zombies is not the only thing that is P2W. The entire game is. If  you get a good gun from a crate, they will put you in a lobby with bad players so you can get more kills and make them want to buy more crates to get the said gun. It is their new P2W matchmaking and they seem to be very proud of it. You want more costumes? You pay. You want better guns? You pay. You want better matches? YOU PAY.

- The game uses the same engine as Advanced warfare. Many people stopped playing it because of the cheaters. Now on day 1 and even on the beta people where botting and chamming. Even on PS4 you will get shot through was without the use of recon planes, sometimes at the beginning of the game your whole team will get mowed down before taking 2 steps and they quickly leave with you and 1 other guy left to fight the cheaters.

- Campaign is...short. About as much as you can expect from COD now days. Not much I can say for it even though it's a WW2 game.

What is your opinions of the game? I know COD is a loved franchise, so I will probably be hated for my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I like the game.  It's just that it feels like it could have been alot better and that a few things have actually been taken out of the game.

Oh boy, let's get into it...

I. Are you misinformed ?

You're the ONLY ONE I saw that didn't get the advertisment. There were never supposed to be 4 modes. The "co-op" mode was Zombies. They just used the term "co-op" to hide the fact that it was Zombies, for the surprise.

People are not AFK in lobbies "because they're bored of this Zombie because it's trash". If they found it trash, they wouldn't even play. Either people are navigating in the menus and discovering what the modes and loadout menus have to offer, or they're simply AFK, busy, and forgot to back out. Stop assuming they're AFK because it's trash. Makes no sense.

LMAO, the map is not even that dark, that's your TV that's the problem. It is darker than Treyarch Zombies, but it is intended to reinforce the horror aspect of it. My brightness is low in-game and I can see perfectly. Either put your TV's brightness up or get some glasses.

Zombies is NOT P2W. You don't pay for ammo, you don't pay for powerups. You can get them in crates by just playing. I just completed the first Easter Egg and I haven't even used 1 consumable. You don't need them unless you're really that trash that you can't make strategies and have to use 10 Max Ammos powerups in 1 game just to survive. Nothing is P2W if you're decent at it.

II. The game is NOT P2W. Fucking hell.

No. The whole "good gun = better lobbies" patent you're talking about is not in WWII. Nor any CoD game to date. It's been confirmed. Gun variants in this game are only cosmetic the only advantage is that they give you 10/15% more XP per kill, and that is nothing. So useless. Their matchmaking is not P2W and has never been in CoD history. So : You don't pay for better guns, because there are no better guns, only better LOOKING guns; you don't pay for better matches; and what the fuck do you mean by "better costumes" ? You mean the cosmetics costumes ? They're just clothes, no advantage there lmao. Plus the crates aren't buyable in either modes until November 14th.

III. CHEATERS ? HAHAHA LET ME FUCKING LAUGH

You're mentioning AW and saying "people stopped playing b/c of too many hackers". Let me obliterate your point : I have 25 days played in-game on AW. Grand Master Prestige (Prestige 30 level 50). This is the CoD I have played the most (been playing since launch, so 2 years & half IRL time). I've mostly played on PS3, and I have only encountered like 2 hackers in the 1000's of games I have played. On PS4, Only 1 hacker because of the PS3 -> PS4 account progression saving system they have in AW. On BO3 ? NEVER MET A HACKER. I'm Master Prestige Lvl 350, so I played a shit ton.

People didn't stop because of hackers, since there wasn't any. They stopped because they didn't like the whole "exo-suit" idea, and some because they were trash at it and calling people good "hackers". I've been called a modder/hacker/cheaters so many times on AW, just because I was good. Like you can't drop a nuke without hacking. Or 26 in my case. Well, you can.

They are no hackers on WWII. Not even one. I've been playing since Day 0 (Nov. 2nd) and I'm almost Prestige 2, and I have diamond snipers. So I played a lot already. And I never found any hackers/cheaters. Some people are just good at the game and soundwhore. Just fucking get good or stop complaining because you get mowed down by good players.

IV. Yeah, the campaign was short.

I liked it, but nothing much more. Was pretty short with only 11 missions. Was enjoyable, but it was just another CoD campaign. Nothing special.

Edited by Tay
  • Like 1

Would have appreciated another point of view and action place of WW2. Someting like eastern europe battles or japanese expansion in asia.

D-Day/german invasion then soviet and allied comeback is present in every WW2 game. It's getting boring playing the same scenario over and over again.

Edited by AtotheMtotheZ

4 hours ago, AtotheMtotheZ said:

Would have appreciated another point of view and action place of WW2. Someting like eastern europe battles or japanese expansion in asia.

D-Day and the german invasion then soviet and allied comeback is present in every WW2 game. It's getting boring playing the same scenario over and over again.

Yeah, that'd have been great. It's always the same theater of events. Hopefully we get a Vietnam game next year or something around events CoD hasn't explored yet :l

• Like 1