Boring, tedious, annoying, frustrating and monetone

AJ_Radio

Get Off My Lawn has to be one of the worst PSN games I have had the misfortune of playing and getting trophies in.

I would rather do Orc Slayer again or play My Name is Mayo. That's how much I hate this game.

Right now I'm sitting at 25,000 kills according to the stats. I was tempted to close the game and try the 'glitch' method to try to unlock Tank Zapper, but decided against that seeing as that is a complete crapshoot. Some people get trophies early because of glitches, others don't. Right now I'm basically stuck doing levels 10 - 150+ or so until Tank Zapper pops, which is the last trophy I need for 100 percent.

After reading through a bunch of topics from the .org website, people have said that they unlocked Tank Zapper after 28 - 35K kills. So I assume I need another 3000 - 10,000 kills before the trophy pops. Problem is the spawns are completely random. You end up with the same 10 - 20 spawns after level 20 and what comes up is luck based. You can get three tanks to show up for one wave, you can have no tanks show up at all for nearly four whole levels. Sometimes I destroyed around 25 tanks after 10 levels, other times I've only destroyed 5 - 7 tanks after 10 levels. Completely random and complete bullshit. Tanks don't spawn that often either, you're killing 10 - 20 times as many blue aliens as you are destroying tanks.

Worst of all is you have to do all of this WITHOUT closing down the game. You have to grind kills for a good 12 - 15 hours or so and even then the trophies might glitch, forcing you to restart or try your luck at getting the trophies to unlock with the 'glitch' method. I've been at Tank Zapper for several hours now after I got my second to last trophy needed for 100 percent and I seriously hope it will unlock after a few thousand more kills.

If I don't get the trophy then I'm just going to delete this game. I'll have a game unfinished but having a few incomplete games means diddly squat to me since I'm not a full completionist.

It's not like you can track the amount of kills you have with each of the aliens because the game developers foolishly put all the kills as one stat. I have no clue how many tanks I've destroyed, so you're basically left counting in your head or recording the kills in a notebook. The only good thing I can say about Get Off My Lawn is the store is glitched in a good way, as long as you have enough money to upgrade one weapon you can upgrade it to max by just spamming the X button.

Get Off My Lawn was free on PSN when I got it, as far as I know it was always free. I guess from now on I'll be a lot more cautious on getting "free" games, since a lot of what I played in the past was utter garbage that you can easily find on your smartphone. The trophy list is shit, don't release a goddamn trophy list if your game is full of bugs and glitches.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Maxie Mouse said:

Free-to-play games, what did you expect?

I was expecting a simple but fair game. Would of enjoyed it had it not been for the glitches and having to keep the game active the entire time.

1 minute ago, reckscollie said:

I personally enjoyed playing this game. Simple yet addicting. Trophies were not the main purpose of games anyway. Don't get too angry about it. It's bad for your health.  ?

Well I thought it would be an easy 100 percent. It is in fact easy, but the glitches make it not fun at all. Plus the game itself crashed on me about three times, once just by looking at the settings under the main menu.

12 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I was expecting a simple but fair game. Would of enjoyed it had it not been for the glitches and having to keep the game active the entire time.

Well I thought it would be an easy 100 percent. It is in fact easy, but the glitches make it not fun at all. Plus the game itself crashed on me about three times, once just by looking at the settings under the main menu.

But at least you got it now. Time to move on and hunt some more. Maybe try to play AdVenture Capitalist next. Easy F2P 100%.

• 4 months later...

Wow the shitty Tank Zapper trophy was the most painful trophy to get. Wish I looked at this before I started the game, maybe I would've had second thoughts after realising it's a glitchy as hell. It pisses me off even more since I had to grind 1000 tank kills for hours yet other people got it with like 30 kills, in the end had 41k kills and if I never went for tank zapper that would be less than 20k.

At least I can savour that blissful feeling when you can finally close the game without worrying about having to start over. 

• Like 1