Veteran Difficulty Trophy

lunateena

So I am first playing the game as a Recruit so I can easily obtain some of the chapter trophies. 

For Veteran difficultly trophy, do I have to start a new game from scratch to get this trophy? Or can I just chapter select one by one and complete them on Veteran and still obtain the trophy?

42 minutes ago, lunateena said:

So I am first playing the game as a Recruit so I can easily obtain some of the chapter trophies. 

For Veteran difficultly trophy, do I have to start a new game from scratch to get this trophy? Or can I just chapter select one by one and complete them on Veteran and still obtain the trophy?

I don't have the game nor can I give me opinion. All I can say is some gamers will give you advice on what to do but yet they haven't got the trophy themselves. I just don't understand why gamers give advice or comment on a difficulty when they themselves have not even finish the game on easy difficulty. 

So check if those gamers giving you their 5 cents have actually finished the game before taking their words to heart. 

Thank you and have a nice day............and good luck on the Veteran difficulty. 

i finished it on Veteran as i allways do that first.

You can chapter select without a problem,be sure to select the difficulty on every chapter.

As Swotam said,veteran isn t to much trouble,you have plenty of medikits lying around and the checkpoints are allright.

Dont rely on the AI buddys because (imo) they are rather useless exept for the fact that they resuply you every now and then.

With that good luck and have fun :)

if you have any questions you can write me a msg on psn as well.

I'm not sure how everyone else is saying Veteran is no big deal, I suppose I just suck balls or something but I honestly feel Veteran is BS a lot of times.

They seem to be using the age old crappy mechanic on infinite AI opponents until you get to a specific spot then they suddenly don't have reinforcements. Seriously if you are attacking a barn and the enemy has 1000s of soldiers in one spot and your group of 8 comes up why are they only shooting at you with 4 guys at a time? So you can only really do several things in the exact way they expect you to do it.

Also I honestly think by Veteran they mean the AI gets to cheat. Veteran I would have expected basically realistic (I know medkit healing any injury is unrealistic but they removed health regen so meh) which means that the AI shouldn't be crack shots after seeing you for .1 seconds in a bush while there are 4 other AI guys on your side and 2 on their side so your telling me while the 2 enemy AI is taking on three of my guys while I slowly sneak through a bush they are able to switch targets and shot me dead before I can even see them?

I know I'm just complaining but it has been very frustrating for me personally and I'll get through eventually.

As far as recommendations go, though I would recommend doing Veteran 1st then doing the other trophies later. I am finding several collectibles while I go in Veteran without much work and once you finish in Veteran mode doing the other trophies should be much easier and I usually like to do the hard stuff first then the easy stuff later.

5 hours ago, Nutrageous69 said:

I'm not sure how everyone else is saying Veteran is no big deal, I suppose I just suck balls or something but I honestly feel Veteran is BS a lot of times.

As far as recommendations go, though I would recommend doing Veteran 1st then doing the other trophies later. I am finding several collectibles while I go in Veteran without much work and once you finish in Veteran mode doing the other trophies should be much easier and I usually like to do the hard stuff first then the easy stuff later.

It's not "easy", but in my opinion as a middle of the road FPS player it's not overly hard either. For example, it's nowhere near as annoying as Realistic mode in Black Ops 3, where you'd get one hit killed so often you wanted to smash your controller. At least with WW2 Veteran you can just take it slow and the checkpoints are fairly regular.

I agree with doing it on Veteran first. The collectibles aren't that hard to find and, while the enemies do hit hard and the lack of health regen can get annoying at times, it's probably easier than playing the game twice, and you can always go back using chapter select to get anything you might have missed the first time through.

Yeah I'm getting through it. I guess taking a step back I really am finding it less hard than I am finding it extremely frustrating an uncreative. While the fights are varied, almost all the fights involve the same tactic. Meet a bunched group of AI opponents. Kill a few move up to cover, wait for your AI guys to move up so new AI opponents don't spawn forever, rinse and repeat. Occasionally it gets changed up where you throw smoke grenades to move up instead of killing opponents to rush a checkpoint so enemies no longer spawn. To make matters worse I discovered my controllers left thumb stick has worn out making running risky at best lol.

It seems everything I hated about Modern Warfare is right back in WWII as far as the Campaign goes.

Oh well I only have about another 4-6 hours of controller throwing rage until I'm through the campaign.

That tank level on Hill 343 (or whatever) is complete BS. Why all your AI teammates are able to crouch near the sandbags and still move and shoot while you can only manage to duck down far enough for just your head to be shot off or to go completely prone is stupid so your left either running and diving or crawling for easy kills by the enemy. On top of that I managed to get one thermite on the tank and then died so now I'm stuck with no smoke grenades half health and get 2 shot right after reloading the checkpoint so its looking like I'm going to have to play through the entire mission again just to get back to the tank part.

I played through CoD 1 and 2 and MW on the highest difficulties so I knew what to expect here.

Met my first roadblock (aka I tried three, four times then was too tired to try again and went to bed) in Level 3, right after 

Spoiler

the collapse of the church tower.

Will probably try again this evening. But up until then, it was more than doable with a bit of patience and persistence.

I normally go and beat it in veteran difficulty first, then run back and pick up the momento's and mission trophies afterwards on a lower difficulty. this way your not having to play through the whole game 2 separate times, just the level's that are lacking certain stuff, but then you can just play till you get those trophies then back out the level. 

On 11/8/2017 at 6:16 PM, Nutrageous69 said:

That tank level on Hill 343 (or whatever) is complete BS. Why all your AI teammates are able to crouch near the sandbags and still move and shoot while you can only manage to duck down far enough for just your head to be shot off or to go completely prone is stupid so your left either running and diving or crawling for easy kills by the enemy. On top of that I managed to get one thermite on the tank and then died so now I'm stuck with no smoke grenades half health and get 2 shot right after reloading the checkpoint so its looking like I'm going to have to play through the entire mission again just to get back to the tank part.

If you are still stuck on the tank bit here is what worked for me.  After placing the first thermite you will trigger a checkpoint and the enemy will respawn.  Run and jump as fast as you can back to the beginning of the area and go prone while slowly dealing with the enemies that run at you (careful, some have shotties that will one shot you).  After a little while of picking people off you should have enough time to run up to the tank and place the second thermite.

21 hours ago, Sicho said:

I played through CoD 1 and 2 and MW on the highest difficulties so I knew what to expect here.

Met my first roadblock (aka I tried three, four times then was too tired to try again and went to bed) in Level 3, right after 

Hide contents

the collapse of the church tower.

Will probably try again this evening. But up until then, it was more than doable with a bit of patience and persistence.

For the area you are/ were stuck at, look behind you to your right and lay behind those rocks.  Use the sniper to pick off the enemies to the right and left.  You should only need to use the sniper and the enemies, at least in my game, will not rush you.

Edited by Jounochi

7 hours ago, Jounochi said:

For the area you are/ were stuck at, look behind you to your right and lay behind those rocks.  Use the sniper to pick off the enemies to the right and left.  You should only need to use the sniper and the enemies, at least in my game, will not rush you.

Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try this weekend. Yesterday I tried once or twice but somehow did not feel like playing CoD so I continued with Ys VIII instead :D

Also, I still have to finish Wolfenstein 1 on UBER ... maybe I'll have a FPS weekend :D

On 11/8/2017 at 7:16 PM, Nutrageous69 said:

this was mission that gave me hell about like rushing the stairs in world at war I think I just got lucky when finally got it on veteran but the beginning of the area with the tank was my bestspot the tunnel was hard to defend but waiting til tank had rear facing me and just made run for it and hoped for the best til it worked

14 hours ago, Jounochi said:

Once again: thanks for the tip, it was almost too easy with that tactic :D

Also, no more roadblocks so far, I advanced without many hitches to the forest level.

But now it's time to take a break from the campaign again and indulge in some multiplayer ;)

And I'm through.

The last missions were comparatively easy to the earlier ones. The tank scene on the Hill was a bit frustrating. But after that, smooth sailing all around!

Good, fun campaign.

Now if they only would make a WWII CoD with a campaign where you play as a forcefully recruited "German" soldier in the Wehrmacht. My granddad f.ex. was forced to fight for the Germans when they invaded our country since he was married to a German wife. He was sent with the Panzer SS to Russia. And you probably all know that this was not the most pleasant trip.

Imagine the stories they could tell when you are playing on the "other side" without being a volunteer Nazi of course. Those people also went through hell and had to fight for a country and ideology they despised. You either get killed fighting for them or they kill you because you refuse their orders. All these moral dilemmas etc. - grand storytelling material there! But hard to do well, I suppose. Because as good and as fun as the CoD WWII campaign was, a lot was "been there before, done that before". Still, it would be good to have a WWII game with a different perspective and not just a different theatre but still playing as the Yankees or the Limeys or the Frenchies.

But then again, those games are still made mostly by Americans with an American public in mind and they are probably more interested in the "look how we saved the world" storylines than in a game about how European people were forced to fight against them.

Hmm... went a bit on a tangent here, I guess :D

Back to Veteran Difficulty: I would rate it easier as f.ex. CoD 2, probably more or less the same as MW1 with the (good!) difference that there seem to be no "infinite enemies until you pass an invisible line" sections. Just take your time, be patient but also don't be afraid to "blindly" push forward once in a while. The most frustrating/"hard" section is probably the scene with the tank on Hill 493 but it is doable even if you are not very good at FPS - just be patient!

Edited by Sicho
  • Like 4