Uncharted Dual Pack

Rankineer

Finally, something for us rubes who have yet to play either game. <_<

6097466907ac61cc2033z.jpg

We’re about two months away from the release of UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception and what better way to get caught up with the series than to play Nathan Drake’s first two adventures – UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. To help you do just that, we’re announcing the UNCHARTED Greatest Hits Dual Pack.

Launching in North America on September 6th (that’s less than a week away!), the pack includes the Greatest Hits versions of both UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves – Game of the Year Edition for only $39.99.

http://blog.us.plays...-september-6th/

I'd rather see other games getting dual packs, as opposed to Uncharted. At this point, I feel like Naughty Dog is trying to milk the series for money, but without making extra games, just with reselling the older games.

Either way, this isn't something I am going to pick up, as I already own both Uncharted games.

I'd rather see other games getting dual packs, as opposed to Uncharted. At this point, I feel like Naughty Dog is trying to milk the series for money, but without making extra games, just with reselling the older games.

Either way, this isn't something I am going to pick up, as I already own both Uncharted games.

Really? Uncharted is one of the Playstation 3's premiere exclusives. A dual pack is really perfect to get the few stragglers to try this fantastic series before the third one comes out.

There are much worse milkings happening. :P If there's a 5 year anniversary edition somewhere down the line on top of all of this, then I'll be on board.

Also, Dreakon, the 5thAnniversary of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was a great jump on package for me.

That's pretty much what I was alluding to. Not only re-releasing the same game for the umpteenth time, but not even adding trophies (when the 360 release already has in the form of achievements, they don't even need to think of them). Now THAT is milking, IMO.

Agreed, and they got me.

Though, after playing Oblivion, I would honestly pay much more than $25 for it.

Hey, if it works for 'em. I typically don't mind when companies "milk" games (unless it borders ridiculous), especially when they're fantastic games. At the very worst, you don't buy it.

Almost the same thing that Santa Monica did with the God Of War series, except that the first God Of War's were on PS2. Of course, at that point, most PS3's were backwards compatible anyway.

Only G1 (US) and G2 (EU) was backward compatible with PS2 games.

This is just a improved Twin Pack, that EU receive in July.

It makes me wonder if it is Naughty Dog or Sony who decides to make the dual packs... I have a gut feeling saying it's Sony but I have no evidence of said claim.

Anywho, I wouldn't consider this milking the franchise at all. All this is doing is packaging both games together for a cheaper price so the fellows who haven't played the games before can have a go at them. Uncharted 3 will probably convert a few players to the PS3 side and what better way to get caught up than this convenient dual pack? If we see an Uncharted Combat Racing game, i might be inclined to agree with the milking claims... :o

Parker

That's pretty much what I was alluding to. Not only re-releasing the same game for the umpteenth time, but not even adding trophies (when the 360 release already has in the form of achievements, they don't even need to think of them). Now THAT is milking, IMO.

Thinking of the trophies is the easiest part. Programming them into the game is time spent that they'd rather invest elsewhere.