How to delete my forum profile?

10 minutes ago, Parker said:

Doing the steps above will remove your PSN profile from the website, there is currently no way to remove your forum profile. However, if you no longer want to be a part of the site then just log out and don't visit anymore. 

Parker

I'm guessing some people don't even want to leave a trace of their existence on various forums. I saw a unique case previously where someone had once associated their PSN ID with a forum but later decided to associate that name with his business and as a result he wanted to remove all his forum posts for a trophy website to not have gaming related material affect his business. I'm not sure what ended up happening to him but in some cases maybe people don't feel like it's enough to simply stop coming to a website. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I'm guessing some people don't even want to leave a trace of their existence on various forums. I saw a unique case previously where someone had once associated their PSN ID with a forum but later decided to associate that name with his business and personal account and as a result he wanted to remove all his forum posts for a trophy website to not have gaming related material affect his business. I'm not sure what ended up happening to him but in some cases maybe people don't feel like it's enough to simply stop coming to a website. 

He was probably playing DEAD OR ALIVE XTREME 3: FORTUNE or the SENRAN KAGURA Games and wanted to hide them from his fellow business partners. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Shaowsintzu said:

He was probably playing DEAD OR ALIVE XTREME 3: FORTUNE or the SENRAN KAGURA Games and wanted to hide them from his fellow business partners. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think it was more that if you searched his username, the forum accounts he had for gaming websites would be listed above his business when you search Google. He did hide his entire trophy list and remove himself from trophy websites that allowed it as well, but this was a time before DOAX3 was released hahaha. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

I once was on a forum where a lot of people ended up deleting their forum profiles, including a few very active members. Half the threads I visited were full of "deleted member" with blank profiles. Made the forum look completely dead and uninteresting. As I see why some would want their profile to be deleted, I myself don't think it should be possible. 
Just imagine seeing a thread made by "deleted member" (9 answers) deleted member -  deleted member -  deleted member.. etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr_Skirra said:

I once was on a forum where a lot of people ended up deleting their forum profiles, including a few very active members. Half the threads I visited were full of "deleted member" with blank profiles. Made the forum look completely dead and uninteresting. As I see why some would want their profile to be deleted, I myself don't think it should be possible. 
Just imagine seeing a thread made by "deleted member" (9 answers) deleted member -  deleted member -  deleted member.. etc.

I guess a solution to that would be to keep their posts on the website but change their username to something random that has nothing to do with their original username. Deleting a forum account should be a last resort so the person should only be able to do it if they're never going to come back. I think I've seen some people ask for one account to be banned since they wanted to make a new one. I think there should at least be an option here to delete individual posts considering some people might say things they'll later regret. 

Edited by Sergen

• 2 years later...
39 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I was just looking into this and then it said it deletes PSN data, not 'PSNProfiles' data. Got me all kind of spooked/curious. So if I delete my account from here all it deletes is my frikkin signature basically?

It doesn't delete your PSN data completely...just your PSN data stored on this site...

jdwWnxo.jpg

Edited by PSXtreme_

I was thinking about this, bugs me a little that my main account has a forum profile with 0 posts that I can't even log into. I'd much rather someone delete it and not have that forum profile tab on my main account profile which implies I have a forum profile when I basically don't, I've never used it, never will either.

Actually, I'm not even sure if that's me who made that forum profile... I don't remember ever signing up here until I did so on this account.

Edited by JohnCenaSong-

• 1 year later...

Halfway thru 2021, still no way to delete forum profile. It is probably a lot of work to run a script or however it could be done to delete everything someone had posted. I've heard that you could ask the mods nicely if you got a post you wanted to remove/hide, but that is it. I think if it comes down to it, one could always edit every post they made with a blank or period. But then that might anger the mods and they ban you all together. 

4 minutes ago, OhDearDevilRun said:

I think if it comes down to it, one could always edit every post they made with a blank or period. But then that might anger the mods and they ban you all together. 

Why on earth would we mods be angered over something so menial? We’d all gladly oblige people who want their forum profiles if we had access and it was just a push button operation. 

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Why on earth would we mods be angered over something so menial? We’d all gladly oblige people who want their forum profiles if we had access and it was just a push button operation.

Well that is good to know you guys won't be angry about it. Under site forum rules #5 No short/1word posts just made me thought that it would be against rule to edit all our posts to periods and blanks making it seem like spam or some form of trolling.

• 1 month later...

you can politely ask for each individual post to be removed (on report button), I've heard that mods accommodate this request. a certain member had all their posts deleted at once after being banned from the forum as a whole, so I was wondering if there is a direct way to do this or if the mods marathoned all nearly 3000 posts one by one. I believe a member could ask for permanent deletion, but that deletion would essentially be a ban on their entire profile. I asked for this on another site, and my profile was added a flag that prevents me from existing on that forum.