Community Event Question

Maybe I'm completely missing something or maybe I'm just a total dumbass, but how do I get in on this? I go to the page it's on and click the little, green Wu Xing Invasion button and nothing happens. 

Do do you need a specific character? Do you have to be a certain level (I'm currently a lvl 7)? Do you have to hold your mouth a certain way? What's the deal here?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated. I'm enjoying the hell out of this game. I'd love to help with the community event(s), if only I could bloody figure out how.

It's a community challenge. All players participate by fulfilling whatever the current task is. Right now, the task is to kill Wu Xing Heavy Soldiers, in-game Go to News -> Community Events -> Wu Xing Invasion and there you can see individual goals, as well as Your Contributions to individual Goals.

Edited by theSpirae

33 minutes ago, theSpirae said:

What DLC are you talking about? I didn't buy any. It's a community challenge, the game is f2p, this update was free as well.

The new dlc is on sale right now for like 2 bucks, it adds the Chinese expansion which includes new maps (which count for the five star every map now) and new  a character.  It's worth it in my opinion

Edited by Muskratateer

13 minutes ago, theSpirae said:

What? I got it for free, I didn't pay for any DLC, I have already played the new maps. The only thing I see on sale is the new hero and skin. You don't need it to access this community event or to play new maps.

Well I wouldn't know I bought it with out reading the full description because I love this game