OLD TOPIC: My Name Is Mayo Not In Australia, Germany & New Zealand

Just as the title of this topic suggests, this post on the European PlayStation Blog states that post this game will not be released in Australia, New Zealand and Germany.

Could anybody think of one valid reason why this game should not be released for these countries? I can't, so I would presume you couldn't either.

If anyone is able to contact Sony and/or Green Lava Studios about this issue please consider doing so for people like myself who prefer not to create an account for a different country just to buy a game that is in a different region but not yours (I mean, a game shouldn't not be released in a certain country unless, for example, the country/region you live in has a controversial video game classification board like Australia's).

So what do you guys think of this? I think it's outrageous that people like me had waited a whole year just to have a game release for their region (let's not forget people wanted this game for the trophies) but then you find out that you waited that whole entire time to get nothing! reminds me of a meme from a movie I saw at one point...

Spoiler

485.jpg

Just paste Sony's and/or Green Lava Studios' logo over Wonka's face and you'll get the point!

Edited by Skeptical69

Because I don't care to play it? That's my reason as to why it shouldn't be here.  Granted, not a valid reason, but regardless... should one care if this simple game is to not be released here in the first place?

So yeah, I don't think I'd be contacting them about getting it released here, gotta keep our PSN store as clean as it can be after all.

Granted, still doesn't stop other garbage from getting onto our store like the infamous Orc Slayer game.

21 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Because I don't care to play it? That's my reason as to why it shouldn't be here.  Granted, not a valid reason, but regardless... should one care if this simple game is to not be released here in the first place?

So yeah, I don't think I'd be contacting them about getting it released here, gotta keep our PSN store as clean as it can be after all.

Granted, still doesn't stop other garbage from getting onto our store like the infamous Orc Slayer game.

That's one thing I completely for got while writing my post, but nethertheless your wright. This isn't anything special and i'll admit, I've been very desperate to get it for that :platinum: since hearing of it's existence and until now my caring about this one miniscule game has since run away from my thoughts. Some of you people may never seem to be understanding of how desperate i've been with wanting this game's trophies. Just thinking about it shows that i've had a huge lust for a digital achievement system that has no meaning to it (or that's at least how I view things).

15 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Oh, you'll be missing out on a masterpiece for ages, oh no

Similar response to what i've said above.

Well, from what i've just experienced I guess i'll just have to... 

Spoiler

deal-with-it-dog-gif.jpg

Edited by Skeptical69

I dont know also, but I am interested in the general topic in cencorship. I can only guess, in my opinion it cannot be about a classification problem, because Germanys classification system about games is not so hard like years ago. Therefore I think either a licence problem or the publisher dont want to piblish this game in these countries for no logical reason (or sb else have the rights in these countries, because this is in the category of movies the problem) 

It is probably because these countries have a different rating system than PEGI. For example, we have the USK in Germany.

From what I've read, the devs had trouble getting a PEGI rating, so they probably did not bother with something else.

Edited by Izul

17 minutes ago, Izul said:

From what I've read, the devs had trouble getting a PEGI rating, so they probably did not bother with something else.

:blink: I never remembered seeing that part of information put out anywhere in the past about the past issue. You could say that it makes things make a lot more sense to me since if I don't notice reasonable statements like that being said then I would've automatically said that it was because of, like what @T-100 said, a non-coherent reason.

Edited by Skeptical69

4 minutes ago, Skeptical69 said:

:blink: I never remembered seeing that part of information put out anywhere in the past about the past issue. You could say that it makes things make a lot more sense to me since if I don't notice reasonable statements like that being said then I would've automatically said that it was because of, like what @T-100 said, a non-coherent reason.

Yeah, it makes no real sense. I was reading their Twitter and whenever they were asked about Mayo for EU, their replies were something like "..lots of paperwork for it, can't say much about an EU release. We try our best, be patient" or something like that. 

Edited by Izul

3 minutes ago, Izul said:

Yeah, it makes no real sense. I was reading their Twitter and whenever they were asked about Mayo for EU, their replies were something like "..lots of paperwork for it, can't say much about an EU release. We try our best, be patient" or something like that. 

Yup, in my experience it takes a whole employee to deal with such things, full time, for months.

8 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Yup, in my experience it takes a whole employee to deal with such things, full time, for months.

Well, if necessary, somebody will have to do it at some point. All that matters is that they're getting a good wage, doing a good job at it etc.

12 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

I still feel ashamed about that one. One of the worst games I've ever played. 

If you didn't enjoy the game then you would have a good reason to feel ashamed about it. i'm a person who has never really cared too much about being ashamed for playing a particular game (yet) but if it was a real issue then I would've put that out there for people to notice.

Edited by Skeptical69

I'd be surprised if this game has a team over 2 people behind it. 

Also, I'd rather keep throphywhoring garbage like this out of PS Store, but that's just my opinion. 

I fell for some of these... Orc Slayer at least looked okay-ish on videos, but it was almost unplayable. I thoroughly enjoyed Magus for its twisted unintended hilarity, I got It's Spring Again for $0.99, (I have a small kid, so whatever), but this... this just looks like an ultimate trophywhoring clickfest for no other reason. I'll pass.

16 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

I'd be surprised if this game has a team over 2 people behind it. 

Also, I'd rather keep throphywhoring garbage like this out of PS Store, but that's just my opinion. 

I fell for some of these... Orc Slayer at least looked okay-ish on videos, but it was almost unplayable. I thoroughly enjoyed Magus for its twisted unintended hilarity, I got It's Spring Again for $0.99, (I have a small kid, so whatever), but this... this just looks like an ultimate trophywhoring clickfest for no other reason. I'll pass.

I myself aren't ever gonna get my hands on Orc Slayer regardless of whether or not it has an east platinum and i'm sure we'll all know why (or maybe if it was a PS plus title at one point but even if it were to a lot of people, even trophy hunters will think this was a bad decision for an IGC title that wastes the opportunity of getting an actual good game from a PS plus lineup. but I have high hopes that won't ever happen and I highly doubt that it will occur).

Edited by Skeptical69

1 hour ago, Skeptical69 said:

Just as the title of this topic suggests, this post on the European PlayStation Blog states that post this game will not be released in Australia, New Zealand and Germany.

Could anybody think of one valid reason why this game should not be released for these countries? I can't, so I would presume you couldn't either.

If anyone is able to contact Sony and/or Green Lava Studios about this issue please consider doing so for people like myself who prefer not to create an account for a different country just to buy a game that is in a different region but not yours (I mean, a game shouldn't not be released in a certain country unless, for example, the country/region you live in has a controversial video game classification board like Australia's).

So what do you guys think of this? I think it's outrageous that people like me had waited a whole year just to have a game release for their region (let's not forget people wanted this game for the trophies) but then you find out that you waited that whole entire time to get nothing! reminds me of a meme from a movie I saw at one point...

Reveal hidden contents

485.jpg

Just paste Sony's and/or Green Lava Studios' logo over Wonka's face and you'll get the point!

I hear ya on creating other regional accounts man, been on the fence for a long time with that shit.. When you combine effort and realisation its all for pointless trophies, its hard to go ahead with it. Which is why i was looking forward to this, especially with my turbo controller lol

I thought the "EU" store always covered Aus, go figure.. Hey, at least we got Shadow Warrior 2 last week ?

• Like 2

Nice, the 67 cents (accounting for a discount and conversion at the time) I spent on this on my US account didn't go to waste by it coming out here like 2 months later afterall.

41 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

I hought the "EU" store always covered Aus, go figure.. Hey, at least we got Shadow Warrior 2 last week 1f601.png

We've had Shadow Warrior 2 for a couple months now. I ended up buying it on my US account about a week before it finally came out here which bummed me out.

Great game though, any game that has a button dedicated to flipping people off is fine with me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Nice, the 67 cents (accounting for a discount and conversion at the time) I spent on this on my US account didn't go to waste by it coming out here like 2 months later afterall.

We've had Shadow Warrior 2 for a couple months now. I ended up buying it on my US account about a week before it finally came out here which bummed me out.

Great game though, any game that has a button dedicated to flipping people off is fine with me.

Shit.. I guess it's times like these i'm glad i didn't know cause i picked it up for $24 on our current sale ?

Glad to hear its a great game mate case the first one is probably the best FPS iv ever played and the heroic trophy "No ordinary wang" lol was the most enjoyable challenge iv done in gaming. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Shit.. I guess it's times like these i'm glad i didn't know cause i picked it up for $24 on our current sale 1f601.png

Glad to hear its a great game mate case the first one is probably the best FPS iv ever played and the heroic trophy "No ordinary wang" lol was the most enjoyable challenge iv done in gaming. 

I saw the sale, it bummed me out too. I waited the longest time in hopes it would come here, then it finally did and I didn't jump instantly. Then it was 20 bucks on the US store on sale, and OzBargain had a deal up where you could buy a 10 buck US PSN card for 8.83 AUD, so it worked out to just under 18 bucks for me to buy the game a couple months back.

But I'd have preferred to just pay 6 more and have it on my main account, I only really have the US one for Humble Bundle cash-ins.