Can't play episode 5 (disc)

So I've been doing an episode a day until episode 5 came out, had everything planned was gonna pop the Platinum tonight but when I go on the episodes page it says episode 5 coming soon. Says I have it purchased but I can't download it. Seems like another problem with the crappy telltale discs. Does anyone know a fix for this? I'm extremely frustrated since I planned doing this tonight but I can't.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

So I've been doing an episode a day until episode 5 came out, had everything planned was gonna pop the Platinum tonight but when I go on the episodes page it says episode 5 coming soon. Says I have it purchased but I can't download it. Seems like another problem with the crappy telltale discs. Does anyone know a fix for this? I'm extremely frustrated since I planned doing this tonight but I can't.

It happens alot to Telltale games. I had the same problem with the previous games and it took about a week before it was sorted. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier is an good example.

• Like 2

I had the same problem with the download, I went into the psn store downloaded it and installed but on the game it's self it was telling me to downloaded the episode yet when I pressed x to do so it took me to the store saying it's installed I quit the game and tryed again but nothing happened, I got it to work in the end by just turning my console off and back on again. 

21 minutes ago, pl0000pl said:

I had the same problem with the download, I went into the psn store downloaded it and installed but on the game it's self it was telling me to downloaded the episode yet when I pressed x to do so it took me to the store saying it's installed I quit the game and tryed again but nothing happened, I got it to work in the end by just turning my console off and back on again. 

Do you have the Season Pass disk? Cause that’s kinda the issue we’re talking about 

God damn it. I'm tempted just to drop $5... Maybe this is their secret goal of the season pass disc. Make people spend more money because they don't let you download the episode. Well two Platinums pushed back because of shitty Telltale discs. (I have another plat lined up and I don't want guardians sitting as my most recent Platinum for the next few weeks lol) 

Ok I'm trying to download it but it ain't working. Just doing the blank store screen or Infinite loading... Why is the PlayStation store so shit after so many years? 

Edit: There we go finally downloading. I'm not buying a Telltale disc ever again. Just gonna get the games when they go on sale. Really just wish they would go back to putting the whole game on disc and releasing the disc after the final episode comes out. There would be no problems and the discs would actually be worthwhile to own.

Edited by aZombieDictator

• 1 year later...
On 22.5.2019 at 0:49 PM, Martain2 said:

Are you able to download every episode now by using a second hand EU disc?

Yes. I just got the disk (rented it for a week, so it's definitively been used before) and could access all episodes in the store, they're downloading as we speak.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoraSilberreif said:

Yes. I just got the disk (rented it for a week, so it's definitively been used before) and could access all episodes in the store, they're downloading as we speak.

Thank you kindly for the confirmation, I'll try and pick a copy up soon while everything is still available.

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/28/2019 at 0:00 PM, Martain2 said:

Thank you kindly for the confirmation, I'll try and pick a copy up soon while everything is still available.

Real question is - will i still work now? They have been delisted, but I'm seeing reports that some people can still download using the physical discs? Not sure how that might work, but I'd really like to play this...