Guide of the Year Awards 2017

Dragon-Archon

11 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Didn't you say something about prizes?

Ah yes, almost forgot about this. And now what you've all been waiting for, the GotYA 2017 prizes are:

• :platinum: For Everyone: The ultimate prize is the satisfaction of helping gamers all around the world. This alone should be sufficient.
  • :gold: 1st  Place: $300 in PSN vouchers
  • :silver: 2nd Place: $200 in PSN vouchers
  • :bronze: 3rd Place:  $100 in PSN vouchers

That's quite a lot of money :awesome:

I look forward to this every year, but this time I actually have some horses in this race so to speak, so the stakes are high! :P Lots of good great guides were published this year, though, so the competition is fierce! :lol: I still need to decide who I'm giving my nomination to. I have a few in mind.

12 hours ago, bezdomnekoty said:

Cool prizes. That's more than 1 guide per day not almost :P

I have no idea what you're talking about :ninja: .

11 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

:o All that money and nothing for the Year End Awards...I have to make my own trophies to hand out. Those Images don't Google themselves you know :(

You could always offer a prize or join the New Year's Contest as a contributor.

13 hours ago, Terra said:

That's quite a lot of money :awesome:

Yep.

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Oh, it's that time of year...

I better see the list because this year, I don't have a contender :D

That reminds me: @TheFinalEmblem will you be compiling a list of eligible guides again?

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Feels weird not being in charge of this anymore. :P Awesome that Sly was able yet again to offer the juicy prize money! I'm really looking forward to this, it's really gonna be epic! :awesome:

6 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Good luck to everybody.

For me however the winner already is @PowerPyx. Helped me allot this year with his guides

While I totally agree about the quality of PowerPyx' guides, you need to be aware that the guide has to be published on psnp in order to be eligible. This year, there is "only" the Nioh guide which notes him as a contributor.

Edited by Platisfaction

23 minutes ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

Eh, probably not, so someone else can do that task.

That's too bad.

Is there anyone who would like to volunteer for this important task?

3 minutes ago, Platisfaction said:

Feels weird not being in charge of this anymore. :P Awesome that Sly was able yet again to raise the juicy prize money! I'm really looking forward to this, it's really gonna be epic! :awesome:

We all know the platinum prize is the one everybody's aiming to get, the other 3 are just for the runner-ups :awesome: .

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That's too bad.

Is there anyone who would like to volunteer for this important task?

We all know the platinum prize is the one everybody's aiming to get, the other 3 are just for the runner-ups :awesome: .

What would that task require? 

37 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Edited by PixelatedPortal

1 hour ago, PixelatedPortal said:

What would that task require? 

Last couple of years Final compiled a list of all eligible guides, sorted alphabetically, linking to the individual guides so that people had an easier time checking out the guides and picking their favourites. Since we are talking about 360+ guides this really is a mammoth task! :o@TheFinalEmblem thanks again for your awesome work! If you feel up to it: Every guide published between 2nd December 2016 and 1st December 2017 is gonna be eligible; guide team member guides are not eligible unless they have at least one non-guide-team contributor (who would get the complete prize).

Edited by Platisfaction
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Platisfaction said:

Last couple of years Final compiled a list of all eligible guides, sorted alphabetically, linking to the individual guides so that people had an easier time checking out the guides and picking their favourites. Since we are talking about 360+ guides this really is a mammoth task! :o@TheFinalEmblem thanks again for your awesome work! If you feel up to it: Every guide published between 2nd December 2016 and 1st December 2017 is gonna be eligible; guide team member guides are not eligible unless they have at least one non-guide-team contributor (who would get the complete prize).

I'll do it, just give me some time (Where do I poost it once I am done and it's 1st december)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PixelatedPortal said:

I'll do it, just give me some time (Where do I poost it once I am done and it's 1st december)

Wow, that's awesome! Dragon will start an official nomination thread once the time has come. Simply post it there and he can add it to the OP. Thanks for volunteering for this! :awesome:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lagoonaris said:

I don't think I would have a chance at this, but I'm just wondering... what happens to the prizes if the winner doesn't have a US PSN account? Does the amount of money get transferred into the respective currency and they get a voucher in the corresponding amount?

You'll be asked what your region is. I came in at 3rd place last year and got 100€ in PSN vouchers.

Also glad it's that time of the year again. To be honest i've got a very strong candidate for who to nominate in mind as of right now, but there's still time. Just saying it'll be hard to win me over.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2017 at 1:05 PM, Gengar said:

Great to see we have another GotY award. Best of luck to all entrants. I need to do my homework before I cast my vote but I know @NCSFan001 writes great guides.

Thanks man! An this year I wrote or co wrote Destroy All Humans 2, Attack on Titan US version, Killzone Mercenary, Destiny 2, South Park Fractured But Whole, and a few other miscellaneous or DLC ones