Guide of the Year Awards 2017

Dragon-Archon

@Dragon-Archon I am up to date though I have some things I want to mention

• Why are there 2 Sly 3 guides made by the same person?
  • Why are the 3 Handball 16 guides made by the same person?

Also an extra thing:

Can somebody delete that unfinished danganronpa v3 guide I have?

Edited by PixelatedPortal

1 hour ago, PixelatedPortal said:

• Why are there 2 Sly 3 guides made by the same person?
  • Why are the 3 Handball 16 guides made by the same person?

Also an extra thing:

Can somebody delete that unfinished danganronpa v3 guide I have?

Ps3 and Vita version bro. If the content is the same and you have a guide up already, you can basically copy the content over.  Also the option to delete guides isn't available yet.

2 minutes ago, Ghoststorm71 said:

Ps3 and Vita version bro. If the content is the same and you have a guide up already, you can basically copy the content over.  Also the option to delete guides isn't available yet.

Oh okay

I also know there's no delte button so I wanted to see if I could get a mod or somebody to delete that (Not that it matters that much to me but hey, might as well try)

Edited by PixelatedPortal

20 minutes ago, Alternatewarning said:

Honestly, though, it's really hard to pick a "time to plat" for those.  Playing for real or for trophies?  Vastly different!

I don't see why it should be treated any differently from other singleplayer games. Many of those can be breezed through by skipping cutscenes/dialogue from the get-go as well, but I believe the "time to plat" should take into consideration the kind of player who actually wants to experience the game first and foremost, at least on the first playthrough. Sure, adding into the guide how long it would take to skip is fine for the people who want it, but like in other games, I wouldn't assume that's the average experience for most players.

On 28-11-2017 at 3:08 PM, Leon Hasegawa said:

Review the “upcoming guide” before you start CSI 1f60f.png, so it will give you more spoilers 1f602.png.

Ok, I see, so I should ignore the review queue until platting CSI. Got it :awesome: .

17 hours ago, PixelatedPortal said:

Nice, thanks for your hard work, we appreciate it :D . Most likely there will be a few more guides published during the next couple of days.

1 hour ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

Just give the reward to the dude who wrote the Yakuza 0 trophy guides. He wrote two seperate guides!

I got that game coming in the mail in a couple of days, and holy crap, 100+ hours and then Mahjong torture. I'm excited tho lol.

A separate nomination thread will be created on December 2nd, so you can nominate a guide and give solid reasons for it there. 

Edited by Dragon-Archon

35 minutes ago, PixelatedPortal said:

Now I hope my guide wins :D (Thank god I am done listing)

No. Instead of writing a guide, you should of signed the petition!

LOL jk, hope you win as well.

Looking forward to using your guide when I play Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossal Headache

Edited by TurdFlingingApe

3 hours ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

Just give the reward to the dude who wrote the Yakuza 0 trophy guides. He wrote two seperate guides!

I fully support this statement. :awesome:

3 hours ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

I got that game coming in the mail in a couple of days, and holy crap, 100+ hours and then Mahjong torture. I'm excited tho lol.

Oooh, nice! And don't worry, it takes a very long time to plat, but the vast majority of it is a blast. Easily one of my favourite games released this year. But yeah, unfortunately Mahjong is as bad as you think it is, but at least you don't have to worry about that until much later. :P

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Hm... guide I nitpicked in...? :awesome: 

Sounds promising :awesome: 

bd9.gif

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

No. Instead of writing a guide, you should of signed the petition!

LOL jk, hope you win as well.

Looking forward to using your guide when I play Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossal Headache

I personally think my danganronpa v3 guide is a lot better, but we still put a lot of effort on the wolfenstein 2 one

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I don't see why it should be treated any differently from other singleplayer games. Many of those can be breezed through by skipping cutscenes/dialogue from the get-go as well, but I believe the "time to plat" should take into consideration the kind of player who actually wants to experience the game first and foremost, at least on the first playthrough. Sure, adding into the guide how long it would take to skip is fine for the people who want it, but like in other games, I wouldn't assume that's the average experience for most players.

Good point.  Now if only Vita would show "time played" so I could actually get that information...

2 hours ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

spoilers never bother me

Yup, but it can “kill” some ppl. I don’t like to use the spoiler highlight in my guides since it makes the guide “ugly” and I don’t care if it annoys some ppl or not. One day, there was a guy made a big deal about it since CS1 trophy guide mentioned the true identity of an “evil guy”, he posted on GameFaqs and complained about it ruined his motivation to continue playing the game. From that day, I wrote a disclaimer note in CS guides about the spoilers, so I don’t have to deal with that kind of situation anymore.

6 hours ago, Leon Hasegawa said:

Yup, but it can “kill” some ppl. I don’t like to use the spoiler highlight in my guides since it makes the guide “ugly” and I don’t care if it annoys some ppl or not. One day, there was a guy made a big deal about it since CS1 trophy guide mentioned the true identity of an “evil guy”, he posted on GameFaqs and complained about it ruined his motivation to continue playing the game. From that day, I wrote a disclaimer note in CS guides about the spoilers, so I don’t have to deal with that kind of situation anymore.

tis very true, people will always complain. i had a guy flag me once on a Bayonetta board. YEARS after the game release i mentioned the fight with Rodin and someone went ballistic about spoilers.

1 hour ago, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

300 dollars. Damn, I should start uploading guides on here too. 1f600.png

Lol nah. There's a certain sense of accomplishment in knowing you crafted your own guide for a game you like. At the very least it is fun to me. This should be a pretty interesting competition, but there's some clear cut winners as a lot of guides written this year are some of the most popular guides on the site, as well as them being very useful. I'm guessing the P5 guide, Uncharted, and Horizon Zero Dawn will land pretty high.

51 minutes ago, Ghoststorm71 said:

Lol nah. There's a certain sense of accomplishment in knowing you crafted your own guide for a game you like. At the very least it is fun to me. This should be a pretty interesting competition, but there's some clear cut winners as a lot of guides written this year are some of the most popular guides on the site, as well as them being very useful. I'm guessing the P5 guide, Uncharted, and Horizon Zero Dawn will land pretty high.

Those guides got released not long after the game release, and since they're popular games they get high views and lots of favourites. They are great guides though! I hope i have a change too xD

• Like 1