Guide of the Year Awards 2017

Dragon-Archon

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

Man the guides from last year must have been great if it's taking this long to choose the top 3. 

Some of the staff members have been a little slow despite yelling at them to "Hurry the eff up with a decision already" :spank: Those staff members know who they are, and they won't be getting cookies. :ninja: But basically yeah, it's been tougher than normal for us to choose because there are really, really good!

The deadline is the end of the month!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

im am getting old so forgive me if i missed this answer. Do you only go by the guides selected in this topic? or do you go over all the guides made?

I think they only choose guides that were nominated by members, which I do believe isn't a fair way to judge. I say that because people often also make good guides but for games that were not popular in 2017 and their guides get no recognition because most people spent all year playing games like Persona 5 and so on, which will result in Persona 5's guide winning guide of the year. If the guide you've made is for a game that isn't popular in the year you've written it, you're not going to get guide of the year regardless of how much effort you put into it. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I think they only choose guides that were nominated by members, which I do believe isn't a fair way to judge. I say that because people often also make good guides but for games that were not popular in 2017 and their guides get no recognition because most people spent all year playing games like Persona 5 and so on, which will result in Persona 5's guide winning guide of the year. If the guide you've made is for a game that isn't popular in the year you've written it, you're not going to get guide of the year regardless of how much effort you put into it. 

They pick the top 3 from the top 10 most nominated guide by members, I was lucky that several people here played danganronpa V3 and used my guide yet I don't think if you made it for a super unpopular game you would get to top 10 nominated.

3 minutes ago, PixelatedPortal said:

They pick the top 3 from the top 10 most nominated guide by members, I was lucky that several people here played danganronpa V3 and used my guide yet I don't think if you made it for a super unpopular game you would get to top 10 nominated.

This year every nominated award would be in the top 10, only 8 guides had more than one vote, so the other ones where tied in 9th.