Old Habits Fix In Progress - Readme

Wiskysin

Good news! From the Ubisoft forums, an Ubisoft representative stated the following:

"There is currently a known issue in game if you have picked an item up whilst playing as Aya it is not counted towards your progression. The team is currently working on a fix for this."

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1782249-Looting-Anthilla-outpost

• Like 4

Nice. I am going to borrow the game from my brother in a few weeks and I hope they iron out any type of trophy issues.

Really off topic but I am still super pissed off at Ubisoft for not patching Toy Soldiers War Chest. How the hell a game launches with an unobtainable platinum trophy in 2015 is beyond me. It makes me even more mad because I always wanted to play the series after seeing the first game and cold war expansion on Xbox 360, but never getting to actually play it. Then they promote a "Hall of Fame Edition" with a bunch of awesome characters to play as. (image in the spoiler tab below) At this point I was super stoked about getting to play the game. Fast forward to launch I pick the Hall of Fame Edition up, for $30 or $40, can't remember which. I had some other games I was playing at the time and really far into so I didn't want to get distracted by starting Toy Soldiers so it went into the backlog. Got around to checking the game out a few weeks later and found out while looking for a trophy guide that the platinum was unobtainable. I thought no big deal, Ubisoft is a huge publisher they will get it fixed. Some other people and I reached out to get an answer and got the run around bad. The developer said they didn't have the money to push a patch through QA and to talk to Ubisoft. Ubisoft said that they are only the publisher and to talk to the developer about patches. After looking around more the Challenger trophy/achievement was actually glitched across all three platforms Steam, PS4 and Xbone. At that point I knew the game was never going to be fixed and was extremely disappointed. I never even booted the game up. 

Spoiler

TSWC_0084_CapsuleMain.png?t=1447360258

Tl;DR: Even though I still buy Ubisoft games, I will always remember how they screwed every single person, across all platforms, that purchased Toy Soldiers War Chest. Of course the game is still playable but that isn't the point. :shakefist:?

Edited by skateak

That sucks, skateak!

I do realize that saying they're going to fix it and doing it are two different things. It's good that they went from saying it's not a known issue to overtly acknowledge it with specificity and that they're working on a fix. I selfishly hope that people will keep that thread bumped and keep calling attention to it so that they fix it. I tried to play this game as blind as possible, so I checked a couple of Trophy Guides just to make sure nothing was missable or glitched, which when I started, nothing was. I was too far along in the game with Aya before all of the guides got updated with this glitch. 

I've enjoyed my time with the game, but I'm not going to go back and play it all for what's required, because it's the most exhaustive/grindy part of the game and something I only want to experience once. 

Good to hear that they're planning to fix this, hopefully the fix will be something that doesn't require people to jump through a bunch of hoops to get the missing locations completed. I didn't have any problems with Old Habits myself, but when you consider how much time that trophy takes to complete, having any sort of issue with it is really unacceptable these days. Devs need to do better testing of this sort of stuff, it's not like a player collecting an item while playing as Aya is some sort of bizarre edge case...

seems like its bugged for me. i made sure i didn‘t pick anything up with aya. i‘ve searched trough the map for a whole hour.

can’t understand why they didn‘t add some sort of checklist... sucks

edit// searched for another hour, found one question mark. trophy received... plat obtained!

Edited by zeit86geist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IKillYouDude9 said:

Searching searching... for that last question mark i missed... getting ridiculous.

Same.

I'm thinking that this isn't REALLY fixed. I spent probably 5 hours on the map over several days -- no question marks left. 

The location that I looted with Aya now shows as complete and the loot that was 1/2 is now 2/2, but still no trophy.

The only thing I can think of is that there's a location I found, but that isn't completed. That, or the bug is still preventing the trophy from popping. It's really frustrating. 

Edited by DoctorSyntax

A tip I read and that worked out for me: Turn your brightness all the way down! This way the white uncompleted locations and question marks will pop-out of the dark background/map.

I was missing the vulture liar in the green mountains. The questionmark was located on a white part of the map and by turning down the brightness, the white background became dark brown and I saw the missing question mark as soon as I zoomed in on that location...

• Like 3

On 26-11-2017 at 4:23 PM, Kolm said:

A tip I read and that worked out for me: Turn your brightness all the way down! This way the white uncompleted locations and question marks will pop-out of the dark background/map.

I was missing the vulture liar in the green mountains. The questionmark was located on a white part of the map and by turning down the brightness, the white background became dark brown and I saw the missing question mark as soon as I zoomed in on that location...

Yeah i also played with the brightness settings after searching for a while.

Found the last '?' the first time while going through the map.

But after all, very poor map design.

23 hours ago, IKillYouDude9 said:

Yeah i also played with the brightness settings after searching for a while.

Found the last '?' the first time while going through the map.

But after all, very poor map design.

True... I really missed an option to filter the icons. Only show uncompleted location, only show sidequests, only show shops, ... Best would be a legend with checkboxes so you can decide for your own which icons you do/don't want to see.

Edited by Kolm

On 26/11/2017 at 3:23 PM, Kolm said:

Bless you, you are a life saver! I was missing an area that was 0/1 with a treasure, thank you for your brightness tip!

On 11/26/2017 at 10:23 AM, Kolm said:

Ah damn I wish I tried that. I scoured the map like a madman trying to find what I missed. What eventually worked me was the scanner approach. Go to top left, move right stopping at any icons, then move down a bit, move all the left, down a bit, all the way right...etc. eventually found the stupid outpost I discovered but never attempted to clear. haha. Man it felt good to see that trophy pop after that base