Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cryogenicide_X

PS4 Not Playing PS3 Games... So What Now?

93 posts in this topic

Once I get a PS4 then my PS3 will just start collecting dust. I'll still keep it around but since I've played almost every game I wanted to play on it and I have no backlog, it won't be seeing much use once I make the transition.

I'm not goin' to get a PS4, I just forked out £230 in January for my PS3, i'm not paying another £300 (or whatever the price is) for a PS4, (well not for a while anyway)

Edited by Ebbwvalerule

I think this video sums it all up perfectly (FYI this movie is amazing and everyone should watch it ^_^)

Why pay the cost to port all those classic awesome games to the PS4 when Sony spent $380,000,000 to acquire Gaikai for that very reason? 

I dont think Gaikai ups the graphic quality of the game. Like say a 720res game to 1080.

I dont think Gaikai ups the graphic quality of the game. Like say a 720res game to 1080.

That's a good question. I'm sure you are right about Gaikai not upping the graphic quality.

What I think is that the games that have already been redone in HD will be available through Gaikai in that format. I wouldn't be surprised if more games are released redone in HD directly through Gaikai. The other things that comes along with that is trophies, which are a big motivation for people to replay older games. I don't know why they would stopped doing that because it will drive sales/subscriptions. 

I am aware of Sony's patent for the technology that will allow for trophies to be added to a game without modifying the game, which would lessen the need to redo a game if implemented but as of now it's just a patent. Whether they make use of it, how long it takes to set up and to what extent are really up in the air. 

Things rarely turn out as bad as feared, and I make a point of avoiding jumping to conclusions because most of the time they are wrong. We will find out in due time how this will all work out. 

I'm going to buy The Last of Us and then just work on my backlog. As I'm a broke college student I doubt I'll have the money for a PS4 in the middle of the school year anyways. I might see if I can pick up some of those PS3 gems I missed out on for cheap after the PS4 release..

I'll buy ps4 on launch and when sony makes a better version i'll buy that also. Just like i did with ps3. I'll hook one of them to my 13 foot 3d projector and the other one to my 46" bravia, just like i did with ps3. My gaming budget is huge because i don't have kids and my wife understands my need for gaming. Oh and i have a really good paying job. That helps as well.

I will be keeping my PS3 for a long time, since it's a completely different architecture from PS4, they'll never be able to emulate it properly in software.  At least not until PS5 comes out.  Plus I still have a lot of games I never got to play on it.

I'll have my PS3 til it dies, so I'll just keep buying games on it til I get a PS4. Then I'll buy games for the PS4 and still use the 3rd for my old games.

I'll probably buy the PS4 3-4 years after launch, I made the mistake of buying consoles at launch before namely the PS2 with the disc read errors and the 360 with the red ring of death/ More than likely I'll attempt to work on my massive backlog

I'm going to keep my PS3.

I plan on getting the PS4 in a year or 2 after launch (unless the PS4 is in my price range)

My PS3 will stay in my bedroom so I can play my games until my PS3 dies, and the PS4 will stay downstairs in the family room. No big deal to me.

Dont really matter now, since just bought a superslim; now with 4 PS3 in house, one in each bedroom..... doesnt matter if Ps4 dont play PS3 games... but would be nice if it would somehow.

I have 2 PS3's atm, so I won't be getting rid of them lol. As I didn't get rid of PS1/PS2 either.

There are still few more PS3 games that I wanted to try before moving to the next gen....I'll just keep playing my PS3 until the PS4 price drop at the price where I can afford it....  

I'm going to keep my PS3 so I can play my PS3 games obviosly. Just like I still have a PS2 to play any old PS2 games I kept/re-buy.

Edited by monochromeMirror

I going to wait a couple of years before buying a PS4 . The PS3 has a huge amounts of game to keep me busy until then. 

No matter how much I cry and wine, I doubt Sony will give me backwards compatible. I hate you Sony!