PS3 Signature Platinums

Bilpe

I was wondering what everyone considered to be the crown jewels of PS3 platinum trophies.  That is, those that are viewed as the most prestigious or desirable.  My personal list would be (in no particular order):

Battlefield: Bad Company

Resistance 2

F.E.A.R 2

The Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena

Grand Turismo 5

Rock Band 2

I chose these because I have some experience with the games; obviously, every person's list will be different.  These are the ones, though, that get my attention when I see them on someone's trophy list.

• Like 1

Sound Shapes

Hannah Montana

Terminator Salvation

Truly prestigious hunter badges.

On a more serious note though..

I think games like Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, Vanquish, Asura's Wrath, Mortal Combat IX and Street Fighter IV are really some of the pinnacle of platinum trophies.

I of course will never get anywhere near those damn things.

EDIT: HOW could I forget the infamous Star Ocean: The Last Hope platinum. (I think the name is quite ironic, because you have no hope for a normal social life if you try to get that thing.)

Only the toughest of 'I have 500 hours to spare for a single digital stamp' people got this.

No, but in all honesty. I am freakin' jealous everytime I see someone with that plat. Huge E-Penis boost as far as my vote goes.

Edited by Joker
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Joker said:

Sound Shapes

Hannah Montana

Terminator Salvation

Truly prestigious hunter badges.

On a more serious note though..

I think games like Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, Vanquish, Asura's Wrath, Mortal Combat IX and Street Fighter IV are really some of the pinnacle of platinum trophies.

I of course will never get anywhere near those damn things.

EDIT: HOW could I forget the infamous Star Ocean: The Last Hope platinum. (I think the name is quite ironic, because you have no hope for a normal social life if you try to get that thing.)

Only the toughest of 'I have 500 hours to spare for a single digital stamp' people got this.

No, but in all honesty. I am freakin' jealous everytime I see someone with that plat. Huge E-Penis boost as far as my vote goes.

At least Sound Shapes takes SOME skill (and good RNG)! ;)

My list would be: 

Catherine

Mugen Souls

Star Ocean 4

White Knight Chronicles

Persona 4 Arena

I'm sure missed a few...

• Like 1

Yeah any guitar hero really is like the top of the heap.  "Normal" game wise I would like to mention Batman Arkham origins and city, cod waw (done legit of course) along with cod classic, and any of the mass effects.  As a side note rock band 3 (Because you really had to be good with all five instruments in that game) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, willmill97 said:

Gran Turismo 5 truly is one, I haven't properly started it yet but I will get to it eventually, will probably take years though!

Max Payne 3, Sonic Unleashed and Injustice come to mind, as well as any Guitar Hero except for Band Hero.

I managed Gran turismo 6, and that DID take years.

Max Payne 3 will be a good one, getting the MP Trophies now will be extremely hard

Gran Turismo 5, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Warhawk & Lost Planet 2 in no particular order used to be the most coveted platinum trophies back in the early years of trophy hunting especially the latter two. 

I don't know about the general consensus now but some other games can be added to the list like Time Crisis: Razing Storm, Injustice, any of the NBA 2K titles, Vanquish and so many more, some of them mentioned in this thread.

The way I see it, a prestigious platinum has to be something that requires both a high skill level and a good time investment in a balanced way. Something like Resistance 2 for example leans heavily on the time part of this deal and isn't in any way difficult if you have the time needed for that 10000 kills trophy.

• 4 weeks later...

For me, the nominees for most recognize PS3 platinum's are:

-Killzone 2

-Battlefield, bad company

-God of War 3

-Uncharted 2, Among Thiefs

-Max Payne 3

-Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 2

-Grand Theft Auto 4

Edited by Pershing24