Where can I find the fireclaws and scrotches?

OmegaKNT

I know there is a fireclaw nest in the top right of the map.

Spoiler

There is an errand after the main story to kill a bunch of them too.

For scorchers, I would just look for nests and fast travel between them for kills.

Edited by Squirlruler
adding spoiler tag.

Do the quest where you've to repair the Tallneck, then override it - it should reveal all machine locations..

There's a Scorcher site at the bottom-right of the Frozen Wilds map, next to a campsite. Just make a save there, kill it, reload, repeat.

I think I saw Fireclaw sites on the map (or I'm mixing them up with Frostclaw), but check the Machine Catalogue to see what their icons look like, maybe they're on the map too.

Edited by Ac3NiNjA

1 hour ago, OmegaKNT said:

I just finish the main quests of the dlc. Now remain to kill fireclaw and scrotch, but I can't find them. Where I can find them?

When I played it the Fireclaws did not appear on the map until after the main story had been completed - you will also actually get these naturally because there is a kill quest for them which pops up after you've finished the main story - this kill quest will lead you to their locations as part of it's requirement.

Fireclaws, if you've done the missions, you should be almost there (one to go, most likely) and it's a spawn point on the map (North East corner, next to a handy bonfire. Scorchers, just go back to the hunting trials and take on the third (bottom) trial, 2 Scorchers are the last enemies in this trial, rinse, repeat until trophy pops.

1 hour ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Guys, just finished Frozen Wilds...fucking lava and fireclaw... but can anyone give some tips for easily beating the fireclaws, because it took forever to get the boss fight done :( 

Freeze him first, which can be done most quickly with the new ice weapon of the DLC, then shoot him with your strongest arrows. I also used one of the new Banuk DLC bows, a fully loaded shot did ~510 damage on a frozen fireclaw. I was able to bring him down to half his damage when he was frozen, but sometimes the fireclaws were so aggressive and always jumped in on me that I only managed a quarter of his damage with this tactic.

13 hours ago, ShadowStefan said:

Freeze him first, which can be done most quickly with the new ice weapon of the DLC, then shoot him with your strongest arrows. I also used one of the new Banuk DLC bows, a fully loaded shot did ~510 damage on a frozen fireclaw. I was able to bring him down to half his damage when he was frozen, but sometimes the fireclaws were so aggressive and always jumped in on me that I only managed a quarter of his damage with this tactic.

I've been trying the ice weapon, but they're still so tough, and they dont stall long enough for ice spear to be ready

22 hours ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Guys, just finished Frozen Wilds...fucking lava and fireclaw... but can anyone give some tips for easily beating the fireclaws, because it took forever to get the boss fight done :( 

The IceRail is the best weapon. Hitting a FireClaw with a charged shot from the IceRail will deal ~400 damage but if you can freeze it first then a charged shot will hit for ~1200 damage. In the end there is no easy way to defeat them as they jump around and knock you down far too easily (FireClaws and Scorchers are both BS in this regard compared to enemies from the base game). I generally didn’t bother trying to freeze them first as you’re lucky to get 2 charged shots off before the freeze wore off so I just kept hitting them with charged shots making sure that I was going to hit them so I wasn’t wasting ammo. Just be sure to have plenty of chillwater on hand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

The IceRail is the best weapon. Hitting a FireClaw with a charged shot from the IceRail will deal ~400 damage but if you can freeze it first then a charged shot will hit for ~1200 damage. In the end there is no easy way to defeat them as they jump around and knock you down far too easily (FireClaws and Scorchers are both BS in this regard compared to enemies from the base game). I generally didn’t bother trying to freeze them first as you’re lucky to get 2 charged shots off before the freeze wore off so I just kept hitting them with charged shots making sure that I was going to hit them so I wasn’t wasting ammo. Just be sure to have plenty of chillwater on hand.

Believe me, I've plenty of chillwater, though I find the rockbreaker more of a nuisance

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2017 at 11:14 PM, Crispy_Oglop said:

When I played it the Fireclaws did not appear on the map until after the main story had been completed - you will also actually get these naturally because there is a kill quest for them which pops up after you've finished the main story - this kill quest will lead you to their locations as part of it's requirement.

I killed a fireclaw before realizing it was an errand, I need it for All Quests Completed, but I didn't activate the errand because I was interested in the dialogue and didn't notice the errand popped up, well I killed a fireclaw and now it's only marking down 4, I've rekilled the bear I already did after respawn, tried reloading autosave just before turning 60 but the game knows I've already killed it, so I got 0/5 marked down but the map only points me to 4, any advice?

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/11/2017 at 11:20 AM, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

I killed a fireclaw before realizing it was an errand, I need it for All Quests Completed, but I didn't activate the errand because I was interested in the dialogue and didn't notice the errand popped up, well I killed a fireclaw and now it's only marking down 4, I've rekilled the bear I already did after respawn, tried reloading autosave just before turning 60 but the game knows I've already killed it, so I got 0/5 marked down but the map only points me to 4, any advice?

One location has 2 fireclaws.