Help me understand quantity over quality ?

Hvalpen

2 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

You quoted the wrong person :P I was making the exact same point your making to the original member I quoted :)
However I will add that I have finished all three VN's you posted.

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

You will not improve if you miss all opportunities =D

Your not wrong and most of the time I keep making excuses as to why I keep putting it off.

Its amazing that everyone thinks each person at the top is actually buying every game that is on their list. That seems like a very inefficient way to think?  Its possible some of them are on trading websites where you only have to buy a few games to get access to play a bunch of games. Its amazing the answers people think they have when they really know nothing about a person.  Also, some of the easy japan games that everyone enjoys, most of the people at the top write them

• Like 1

Agreed with above. Unless you're a Saudi "prince", buying every game on the list is far from the most financially-responsible way to approach trophy hunting.

Many countries have game rental services these days for a buck or less a day.
Secondly, many of the top accounts are game-shared because no human being can game for the time, patience or resolve required to ding a thousand plats solo.
Thirdly, there are import sites where the group will essentially purchase a game and trade between them. That mitigates the cost significantly.

On 16.11.2017 at 10:14 PM, Spaz said:

This.

Corndog698 has a podcast video on Youtube where he asks questions with some of the top trophy hunters. Hakoom, Roughdawg4, Mrunknown625 to name a few.

Pretty much what I got out of the podcast was tips on how to get through most Japanese novels. You don't have to understand Japanese, you just have to know how to import them and as long as you have a Vita, you can get upwards of 100 or so novels.

There may be the exception that someone out there actually does want to play through these novels because they know the Japanese language and they want to understand the story. But for many they just want to speed through them for the trophies.

There is a certain Korean version of a novel that has a debug option that unlocks all trophies in less than a minute. If people thought Sound Shapes (you have to actually play through the game first before you can autopop the stacks), 1000 Top Rated, My Name is Mayo and Energy Cycle were all ridiculous, they are nothing compared to how quick some novels are.

It's a numbers game. Hakoom and company have a good amount of cash because those novels are expensive. Getting a couple dozen or so of them will likely cost you thousands of dollars. Is that really worth the investment?

You underestimate the ppl who trade their games without paying one buck for it.

Im in a chain of plat-hunters myself. one buys the game, plat it and send it to the next in the chain, u only have to pay the shipping but we are all from germany, so everyone pays 2€ for the shipping. in the end maybe one year later the owner gets the game back after everyone got plat.

I know of a few players in the leaderboard taking part in similar chains.

so there is only one person who has to buy the game and as long as you are in the chain you dont have to pay for double plats, TT games or japanese novels, (well in our chain there are no japanese novels but you get my point its possible) you just get them eventually.

And btw I think it's funny how sound shapes is always mentioned for multy pop, I mean you have to beat the game first to get your plat and IMO that game is pretty hard. I loved it to death and in the end I got 4 plats out of it, but it wasn't easy. So much fun though!

• Like 1

On 16.11.2017 at 10:14 PM, Spaz said:

It's a numbers game. Hakoom and company have a good amount of cash because those novels are expensive. Getting a couple dozen or so of them will likely cost you thousands of dollars. Is that really worth the investment?

I live in Germany and paid around $120 for 40 Japanese VNs making it about $3 per game/plat. As long as you don't get them new and know some people you can get the games cheap without having to spent the thousands of Dollars and I can only assume the top people in the leaderboard have similar arrangements for getting games.

Edited by iAlphaSoldier

19 hours ago, iAlphaSoldier said:

I live in Germany and paid around $120 for 40 Japanese VNs making it about $3 per game/plat. As long as you don't get them new and know some people you can get the games cheap without having to spent the thousands of Dollars and I can only assume the top people in the leaderboard have similar arrangements for getting games.

Where did you buy them?

On 11/21/2017 at 3:53 PM, iAlphaSoldier said:

Will you give them to me once you are done with them? 

I'll even give you 5$ per game.