Meesa Likey Trophays (BF II Trophy Thoughts)

Cobby

Mesa your humble servant has made this thread for you, cos it's required.

Meesa Jar Jar Binks, your favourite person in the galaxy.

Edited by BlindMango
Rude language, edited title - you don't make this easy Cobby xD
  • Like 2

Hopefully no trophies are glitch. Surprised no difficulty related trophy or survival trophies. Probably go about it on easy to enjoy the story. Love that it has MP trophies. Some shooters just have about 3 trophies max sometimes which ridiculous. (COD remaster None, COD:IW i think 2 mp trophies, Titanfall 2 / 3 mp trophies)  

3 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Can't wait for Jar Jar Binks to become a Hero (or a Villain?) so he can get shot endlessly in matches.

Jar-Jar mode, where everyone plays as Jar-Jar and the main goal is to kill your Jar-Jar. Highest death count at the end of the match wins.

I'll give that one to EA for free. Hope they take it and put it to good use. In fact, I'll throw in a bonus. Lootboxes containing clothing and accessories for your Jar-Jar.

• Like 3

I played a few hours last night with a friend and popped 6 or 7 achievements. The list is pretty chill. I haven't looked on PlayStation, but they're usually identical to Xbox so I'm rolling with that. 40 achievements, plus a plat, and most of them seem pretty okay.

You can't unhide achievements on Xbox as far as I know, and there was a fair few hidden ones which I'm assuming are story related. Gimme a minute, I'm just gonna look at the list.

Yeah, okay, as I thought.

So a good half of them can be done offline, awesome because that's all I'll be doing, but the MP ones look a lot easier than the last game, collect a million diorama things I'd look at once at best and all I remember is the load screen? Nah, glad that's gone.

Arcade mode is fucking great by the way, severely lacking in content and I wish the online only maps could be played offline, but what is there, is great.

The only one that sounds like it might be a pain in the ass is the multi-tasking trophy for destroying 25 enemy hero ships with a regular fighter. If it works anything like the first game, you'd have to be the person to get the last hit, otherwise it would register as an assist. So potentially, unless DICE are generous enough to count assists towards the trophy, it could end up being extremely luck-based. Other than that, it all looks very easy.

Edited by MythRaider1994

Don't get too excited everyone. There is a trophy for playing as all hero's and you need to purchase all hero's individually. The credit grind will likely last well past our level 50 grind. For example , 

Vader and Luke are 60,000 credits EACH. 

4 hours ago, sgttrumbo said:

Don't get too excited everyone. There is a trophy for playing as all hero's and you need to purchase all hero's individually. The credit grind will likely last well past our level 50 grind. For example , 

Vader and Luke are 60,000 credits EACH. 

Oh sh*t you’re right, didn’t even think about that... ? either way it’s an easier trophy list than the last game. Half of the list is single player, no difficulty related ones. And the others seem more time consuming than tough. I just hope they don’t add a bunch of “win a match of xxxx mode 10 times” dlc trophies. That was a pain because team based trophies suck the most, since it’s basically luck which team you’re on and depends which team is better. I kicked so much ass in extraction mode but still lost like 23 games before getting 10wins? sometimes I felt like I was the only one doing anything really. Either way I think it’ll be less of a challenge this time, but still very fun to get that plat and man I can’t wait to get my hands on this game, been waiting since e3 (where I saw the demo live?)!!) only oddity and downside here is why the list only has 1170 points, a full plat worthy game is generally 1230 pts, even dlc stand-alone uncharted lost legacy has that many, so what gives EA?!

16 minutes ago, cam_wick said:

only oddity and downside here is why the list only has 1170 points, a full plat worthy game is generally 1230 pts, even dlc stand-alone uncharted lost legacy has that many, so what gives EA?!

Correction; Battlefront II has 1155 points, the 2015 Battlefront had 1140. Both the recent Battlefield and Need for speed entries have 1230 points, So i'm not understanding why both of those games got 1230 points and a custom platinum trophy name but the Battlefront games didn't. Surely they could've made some of the bronze trophies a silver instead? (like the more grindy/difficult trophies such as the Sentry Mode Engaged and Multi-tasking trophies)

This game's definitely gonna be a lot easier to plat. No more trampling 25 rebels with an AT-AT outchea. The credits limit per game seems to make getting Heroes grindy AF. Hopefully they patch it or change it to be like in Battlefront 3 where there's no limit ,eg, you could get a monster 4K (40,000 XP) credits in a single game every few games without double XP wekeends if you play your challenges and everything right in Battlefront 3.

They could've bumped a few Bronzes to Silver, but maybe they were trying to "balance" the objectively easy and hard trophies, ie, grinding doesn't necessarily mean hard. But Quick Strike seems really easy as I got that like 10x during the Beta in like 50 matches and it's a SIlver.

1 hour ago, Skeptical69 said:

Correction; Battlefront II has 1155 points, the 2015 Battlefront had 1140. Both the recent Battlefield and Need for speed entries have 1230 points, So i'm not understanding why both of those games got 1230 points and a custom platinum trophy name but the Battlefront games didn't. Surely they could've made some of the bronze trophies a silver instead? (like the more grindy/difficult trophies such as the Sentry Mode Engaged and Multi-tasking trophies)

Wow you’re right wtf EA. No a full trophy list, no original cool platinum name and recycling many of the same phrases and trophy pics from first game!?

9 hours ago, Ethan said:

Cant people just play for fun? Stop sooking! I'm excited for the game! Trophies will come naturally!

agreed

2 hours ago, cam_wick said:

Wow you’re right wtf EA. No a full trophy list, no original cool platinum name and recycling many of the same phrases and trophy pics from first game!?

do phrases and trophy pics really matter tho lol the game is great, that is the least of my concerns.

• Like 2