My thoughts on Persona 5

ilikebig

I was skeptical about this game at first. I saw the anime theme, cartoony graphics and childish characters, however because of the good reviews it was receiving, I decided to give it a shot. I have to say this game was woeful.

Where do I start. The mechanics are really limited and basic, therefore gameplay is really poor. Really out of date, reminded me of ps1 days. The script writing is also lazy and boring. Endless conversations which are mainly just text and no voice overs. They were fully aware of this themselves, thus adding a fast forward command, however even with fast forward on, it still takes years just for one sequence of discussion to end. Not one character was interesting. A true RPG gives users the option to not interact with people you dont want to. This game however is linear and you have to see certain morons faces constantly.

Only positive is that the game worked well with no bugs/glitches and there is none of this DLC/Microtransaction/Lootbox horseshite.

After the first few hours, I lost interest however decided to carry on playing since I bought it and was hoping that something would re-ignite my interest. Did this ever happen?...no.

Spoiler

It was a sigh of relief when the main character got a bullet in his forehead and I knew the game had finally ended.

Never again. There are much better JRPG’s than this out there.

Spoiler

To add the icing on the cake, the “good” ending is even worse.

Stay well away. 

Edited by Stevieboy
added spoiler tags
  • Like 1

Word of advice I am not going to even read your review, because the topic title suggests this is a discussion topic about the ending of the game (I've yet to play it). You should mark spoilers and post this in Persona 5 board if thats what this is.

If this is a non spoiler review this section is fine but clear up the topic title.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superbuu3 said:

Nice work Stevie I really hope you played it already and didn't have to take a bullet for the team and spoil the game before you played it.

No problem.

I haven't played it, but don't plan to as I'm not a fan of turn based combat. I've never played any of the Persona games. I must be the only Vita owner that hasn't played P4G :P

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

Just now, Stevieboy said:

No problem.

I haven't played it, but don't plan to as I'm not a fan of turn based combat. I've never played any of the Persona games. I must be the only Vita owner that hasn't played P4G :P

Well thanks again man, I hated previous iterations of Persona, I gave P4G a shot and enjoyed it. I don't think its for everyone, honestly its got way too much social/dating stuff in it for the average gamer. I likely will give this one a shot.

• Like 1

I'd like to know as well which JRPGs. Because if his PSN profile it's the same as his forum name, it doesn't have any other than P5.

I would love you if you could play Trails of Cold Steel I & II and enlighten us with an awesome review.

Edited by Katt