Update 5.01 bricked my PS4

PaperMonkeyBoy

This shouldn't need to be an issue, it's 2017, can Sony still not properly make a system? 

I download the update, update it itself, the PS4 shuts off. Comes back on with "Error SU-30746-0" Wouldn't go away, boot into safe mod, factory reset my system and now it works

GG Sony, you dumbasses.

Surely I can't be the only person with this issue..

~~NOV 23 '17~~

After a few weeks after getting 5.01 FINALLY installed my system refuses to turn on.

Edited by PaperMonkeyBoy
  • Like 2

lol oh yeah blame Sony because they are the only reason a system can brick.....NOPE! If any system has an issue with an update be it a not enough storage space of the internet cuts out at the wrong time it can effect the patch and brick a system, it happens with iPhones, Computers and even a Nintendo 3DS.

It is not Sony's fault that something went wrong with your download. They host it and send it. After it leaves you have to make sure you have no issues getting it.

Also, The update came out last month funny that you only seem to be getting it now... What were you doing with your system.

1 minute ago, Katt said:

It's not your problem, people has lives. It's not mandatory to update your system right away. I have some busy friends, sometimes they don't update their systems until several weeks later because they don't have the time to sit down and play.

https://psnprofiles.com/PaperMonkeyBoy/log

They have Online trophies earned after the update was released.

You can not go online until you update. They have been messing with something.

1 minute ago, BTHRZeroX said:

I could not play Marvel Heroes Online Omega until I download 5.01. So I don't know what to tell ya.

I've not needed to update to 5.01 myself, it's sitting there waiting to be downloaded and installed sort of thing, but that's just it, I don't bother with it until my system actually gets me to install the new update.

Hell, sometimes, I forget there's a new system update sitting there until my PS4 forces me to update.

20 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

I could not play Marvel Heroes Online Omega until I download 5.01. So I don't know what to tell ya.

5.01 is not forced . i still dont have it installed because of many issues with this update . And i can play online games btw. Funny you research other profiles to make your agressiv way reasonable , but you cant research about forced and not forced updates?

12 minutes ago, Xionx said:

5.01 is not forced . i still dont have it installed because of many issues with this update . And i can play online games btw. Funny you research other profiles to make your agressiv way reasonable , but you cant research about forced and not forced updates?

Just to play devil's advocate, and mind you this is in no way justifying their actions; but if you were under the impression that the update was pushed as mandatory and haven't experienced any known issues, would you go out of your way to look for problems you weren't aware of? 

I'm not sure what version my system is at, but I haven't been having any issues with it of late. 

Edited by Xannic
fingers too fast, oops

7 minutes ago, Xannic said:

Just to play devil's advocate, and mind you this is in no way justifying their actions; but if you were under the impression that the update was pushed as mandatory and haven't experienced any known issues, would you go out of your way to look for problems you weren'

You are not wrong kinda, i was more pointing out that he spended more energy in bashing someone instead of helping or finding solution to a problem.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Xionx said:

Considering I had to update to play online it is a reasonable question. I mean Hell Marvel Heroes Online Omega doesn't even need PS Plus to play the MMO but it did need me to update my system.

3 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

Considering I had to update to play online it is a reasonable question. I mean Hell Marvel Heroes Online Omega doesn't even need PS Plus to play the MMO but it did need me to update my system.

Jeah ok , i believe you on that , would confuse me aswell. Your tone was still little bit to agressiv in my opinion. What ever i dont want go to offtopic. Im hold on 5.01 a little bit longer now hearing about factory reset ^_^

1 hour ago, Katt said:

woah! slow down sonypony. It's a known error and there are several pages with tutorials to fix it.

It's not your problem, people has lives. It's not mandatory to update your system right away. I have some busy friends, sometimes they don't update their systems until several weeks later because they don't have the time to sit down and play.

why is he whining here then?, please show him that pages and stop calling someone a fanboy for having a different opinion than yours

Just now, Chingon_Player said:

why is he whining here then?, please show him that pages and stop calling someone a fanboy for having a different opinion than yours

Despite OP has the fault for no google it beforehand, BTHRZeroX is no better by defend Sony when we ALL know bricks have happened in the past and, like I say, The 5.01 FW problem it's a known one and like everyone here says: he is wrong.

That's why I call him a fanboy. Not because his opinion is different, but because defend Sony is pointless.

• Like 1

You guy's throw around these words like you don't actually know what they mean...

If you're console is "Bricked" it is 100% DEAD. Not fixable.

That is not the same thing as having a corrupted download. Which is all this was. There is no "known" problem with 5.01 either.

If anything blame op's shitty ISP and network equipment.

Edited by A12
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, A12 said:

If you're console is "Bricked" it is 100% DEAD. Not fixable.

Please google "soft brick" and "hard brick".

32 minutes ago, A12 said:

There is no "known" problem with 5.01 either.

No, because it's something with the 5.XX, so, this error happens with 5.00 and sometimes 5.01, it's a minority, but even that it's intolerable. If your PS4 does not have its valid warranty and you have a hard brick (which luckily it have not happened), you are pretty much screwed. It's pretty concerning. Everytime I see these news it terrifies me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Katt said:

Despite OP has the fault for no google it beforehand, BTHRZeroX is no better by defend Sony when we ALL know bricks have happened in the past and, like I say, The 5.01 FW problem it's a known one and like everyone here says: he is wrong.

That's why I call him a fanboy. Not because his opinion is different, but because defend Sony is pointless.

Sound logic ..... yeah no not at all. Shit Sony has tons of faults, The Store, the PS4 UI Design, the speed of the UI, the fact that we can not change ID's, inaccurate internet speeds, and more. I am in no means a fanboy.

But bravo at being someone who is narrow minded

Edited by BTHRZeroX

32 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

I am in no means a fanboy.

5 hours ago, BTHRZeroX said:

It is not Sony's fault that something went wrong with your download. They host it and send it.

So, you give a pretty stupid and childish answer and even dare to ask why you don't update your system the same day an update it's released, defend Sony without know anything about OP's problem (and without know how things work at Sony, because even I don't know that, but that's not an impediment to speak your voice and ask them to do their job properly to avoid these situations) and then you point some pretty obvious problems Sony has and you say "I'm not a fanboy"? that's the common M.O. of a fanboy. You could say "because I'm the one who says it" and would be much short. My last reply, I'm done with you.

5 hours ago, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

GG Sony, you dumbasses.

This is what happens when you are sick of their incompetence. And I agree.

I'm still waiting for Shuhei Yoshida to reply me about the decadence of PS Plus. But that's another topic.

EDIT:

No, I don't believe you worked for Capcom. And I say it because your behavior is a mess.

Save it.

Edited by Katt
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Katt said:

So, you give a pretty stupid and childish answer and even dare to ask why you don't update your system the same day an update it's released, defend Sony without know anything about OP's problem (and without know how things work at Sony, because even I don't know that, but that's not an impediment to speak your voice and ask them to do their job properly to avoid these situations) and then you point some pretty obvious problems Sony has and you say "I'm not a fanboy"? that's the common M.O. of a fanboy. You could say "because I'm the one who says it" and would be much short. My last reply, I'm done with you.

I do though, I worked with Capcom from 2007 to around 2015/6 I was one of the Community Network Admin/Moderators, so when it came to Patches, Network Errors, Connection Issues, Online Community Issues, ect.. I was one of many who had to deal with it.

So yeah I know how it works. Just because you do not does not mean others do not.

Also a fanboy blindly defends the company, I even just listed faults and errors of them in my last post.

You need to do yourself some a favor and learn the terms you are using.

28 minutes ago, Katt said:

No, I don't believe you worked for Capcom. And I say it because your behavior is a mess.

Save it.

Then google it you'll be surprised.

Edited by BTHRZeroX

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2017 at 10:48 AM, Elvick_ said:

People need to stop calling it "bricked" when it's a fixable issue. A system being bricked, means it's completely unsalvageable. It's now a brick, it serves no technological purpose because it doesn't work anymore and there's nothing to fix it. That is being bricked.

Thanks sherlock.