XboxOneX

AffectatiousDonk

19 minutes ago, CjShai said:

OMG, just playing Forza 7 (obviously a flagship for this console ) but I it's pretty clear the difference between the Pro and the OneX. I am literally shocked, if you own a 4K Tv and can remove yourself from trophy obsession then this is a serious consideration. 

If only that were the only criterion ;) Super Lucky's Tale and Cuphead are the first Xbox games in ages that I am interested in and at least the latter one has such simple graphics, I doubt it looks stunning on any system. If there is a huge difference with the next Tomb Raider, it might be worth an upgrade (I have an Xbox One S because Sony didn't include proper 4k movie capabilities in the Pro), but for now I think PS4 Pro and Xbox One S at slightly more than the Xbox One X itself are the far better deal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Karlsson89 said:

If only that were the only criterion ;) Super Lucky's Tale and Cuphead are the first Xbox games in ages that I am interested in and at least the latter one has such simple graphics, I doubt it looks stunning on any system. If there is a huge difference with the next Tomb Raider, it might be worth an upgrade (I have an Xbox One S because Sony didn't include proper 4k movie capabilities in the Pro), but for now I think PS4 Pro and Xbox One S at slightly more than the Xbox One X itself are the far better deal.

Yes I understand. I didn't have an S so I can't compare. I think it's a total luxury item but if I was just shocked at the difference. If I was on a budget I don't think I could honestly say the Pro is worth it in comparison. The reality is the stepup from reg PS4 is incredibly small, maybe don't even bother with the Pro.

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

Well, I mean the Xbox One X is a lot more expensive than the PS4 Pro, especially if you look for a a bundle/deal, so that's only to be expected really. Besides, Xbox may have the power advantage now, but PlayStation had that since the start of this generation, and that will be the case once again when they bring out their next piece of hardware. It's like a constant game of leapfrog.

• Like 3

I still think $500 is a bit too much for a console imo.. Even though there are some pretty good perks to it like 100% backwards compatibility from back to the original xbox which is insane. I mean maybe in a couple of years I'll consider it down the row if there's ever a sale on that system. I still have my gears blue xbox one s that's just sitting there. I just took it out of the box and placed it there, never started it up lmao. I am curious to see comparison videos pro vs x.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jare said:

Thought this would be the case, Sony really should do more with the pro

I agree. I really wish they had included a UltraHD DVD player in the system. While this is probably irrelevant for countries in Europe and certain areas of the US that have the internet speed to stream 4K for Australia it will most likely be the only way to ever see true 4K. Personally that was a major selling point of the X for me

Edited by CjShai

Dude, Horizon 3 looked damn great on the OG Xbone. 

Racing games are always a great way to show some amazing visuals off, because they usually don't have to focus on a giant open world and everything is going super fast so some details can be skipped over. Check out some 3D racing games for Game Boy Advance and you'll see how far you can push shit when you've only gotta load a car and it's close surroundings.

As for the X though, well, yeah, it should look a shitload better. I'll have a look a year from now and see if it's something that's kept up to by developers, at launch there's always a few nice looking games, but if it turns out that barely anyone bought the thing and they start to just port over the Pro versions of games, I'll be happy without it.

I think the X is great and if I didn't already have a Pro and 2 Xbox One's, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but at this point honestly, games look that great on any platform I need something more than a few extra pixels, and the Switch is about the only console offering anything unique. Playing Doom on that is brilliant, and yeah, the visuals are almost as good as the Xbox One's, nowhere near the PS4's, and by extension, Xbox One X's, but I can play it on the bus, train, car, toilet, airplane, whatever. Xbox One X is a fucking great piece of tech, and I'd like to see you make a PC equivalent for the same price, try it, but the thing that excites me most about the Xbox brand at the moment is backward compatibility, which is great and all, but I ain't spending 650 for some prettier 360 games. 

As I said, I'll come back in a year, and if there's been consistency to the amount of visually outstanding games for it, I reckon I'll jump in, but if they start to dry up a bit, well, I won't be surprised, disappointed, but not surprised. I do hope it maintains a shitload of 4K updates and whatnot though, more options is always better.

For those who have played all forzas after 3, what order would u rank them in? I'm considering buying an X1 in one of the specials this yr as they are at damn good prices, even the 1t Slim. I just want it for the forza series, state of decay and a few other exclusive things. Excluding 4k/Hdr comments about graphics, etc. How does the tuning mechanics look? Is the hot wheels one fun?

On 11/11/2017 at 3:35 PM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

*snip* So u get a notification

I thought I saw somewhere that u said u played FO4 and used the mods? Do u have recommendations other than highest ranked? Off top of ur head.

3 hours ago, Not_like_therest said:

I thought I saw somewhere that u said u played FO4 and used the mods? Do u have recommendations other than highest ranked? Off top of ur head.

Nah, mate.

I played Fallout 4 for a good few hours on PS4 and couldn't get into it, it's boring as fuck to me. 

On top of that, I don't own a PC at all, so I ain't gonna be using mods on anything, dude.

Must have been someone else, buddy :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2017 at 0:23 AM, Titanomachy_75 said:

I seen most of the games on the X not much of a difference for 599 dollars to be real about it!! If you are not playing with your nose to the screen I guess you can tell! lol

Did you see them on person or on YT? big difference there. Compression is a bitch and unless you have a 4K monitor you're not seeing anything.

On 11/11/2017 at 7:40 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Well, I mean the Xbox One X is a lot more expensive than the PS4 Pro, especially if you look for a a bundle/deal, so that's only to be expected really. Besides, Xbox may have the power advantage now, but PlayStation had that since the start of this generation, and that will be the case once again when they bring out their next piece of hardware. It's like a constant game of leapfrog.

It's funny because when Sony had the advantage in specs [which really either way is just like winning the special Olympics because both systems were severely under powered] no one said this, everyone was content cock fighting about Sony, who are the ''good'' corporation outdoing big bad MS.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Did you see them on person or on YT? big difference there. Compression is a bitch and unless you have a 4K monitor you're not seeing anything.

It's funny because when Sony had the advantage in specs [which really either way is just like winning the special Olympics because both systems were severely under powered] no one said this, everyone was content cock fighting about Sony, who are the ''good'' corporation outdoing big bad MS.

Lol, good point. I think the problem is anyone who is playing the XboxOneX on a decent 4K monitor can see what a massive difference there now is between MS and Sony. A great example is GT sport compared to Forza 7, graphically it is shocking the difference, but even on titles like Assassins Origins and FFXV the difference is striking

Edited by CjShai

1 hour ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

The difference being that Sony had both the power and price advantage at the time. Microsoft totally fucked up the launch of the Xbox One; that's just an undeniable fact. Also, console generation "half-steps" weren't really a thing back then, but now that they are, I feel like the "leapfrog" analogy is more appropriate. Oh, but I guess what you really want to hear is that we're all Sony fanboys. ?

Edited by Undead Wolf

On 12/1/2017 at 7:50 AM, Undead Wolf said:

The difference being that Sony had both the power and price advantage at the time. Microsoft totally fucked up the launch of the Xbox One; that's just an undeniable fact. Also, console generation "half-steps" weren't really a thing back then, but now that they are, I feel like the "leapfrog" analogy is more appropriate. Oh, but I guess what you really want to hear is that we're all Sony fanboys. 1f644.png

And do you deny that by and large the forum is populated by people with a bias towards Sony, if we're being honest?

Even if the launch was a botch [which it was] people were dancing naked under the pale moonlight because of this supposed massive power advantage which just amounted to a few games being 1080p rather than a fluid resolution or 900p. Now when a MS console comes out which a genuine power advantage that can actually amount to something everyone wants to pretend it's no big deal.

On 11/18/2017 at 0:01 AM, Property_Damage said:

You can polish a turd but at the end if the day, its still a turd

Since Property_Damage beat me to the punch on that line, here is a clip of guys actually polishing turds . . .

Edited by Bullstomp

They actually look great at the end, too. 

Anyway, the XboneX is the first Xbox system that could be worth it to me. I've never bought any Xbox, so the BC is a huge plus. There's enough exclusives across the generations to make me interested. And since the X is actually powerful enough to handle its own operating system now, I don't feel like it's a piece of junk. 

Edited by Auralancer42

4 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

And do you deny that by and large the forum is populated by people with a bias towards Sony, if we're being honest?

Funny enough, for all the "Xboners" and "Nintendrones" stuff that goes on on PSNP (and any other PS forum, just like Nintendo and Xbox forums are often hating on the two the forum isn't for), it actually looks to me like at least 20%-30% of the users active on the PSNP forums also have either a Nintendo or a Microsoft console (or a gaming PC).

4 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Even if the launch was a botch [which it was] people were dancing naked under the pale moonlight because of this supposed massive power advantage which just amounted to a few games being 1080p rather than a fluid resolution or 900p. Now when a MS console comes out which a genuine power advantage that can actually amount to something everyone wants to pretend it's no big deal.

X1X is certainly powerful, but the three main points why I went PS4 instead of X1 after my X360 still stand: the bigger price, the lack of exclusives I enjoy, and the fact that I want a dedicated game station, not a media station.

Graphical power is cool but since I already have a PS4 that can play everything I take an interest in, buying a console for games I can already play just so it looks a bit better just isn't worth it to me. If I had favoured power instead of exclusives, I'd have saved for the X1X (or I'd already have a PS4Pro) and I wouldn't have bought a Switch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

What did you expect? It's a website dedicated to trophies which surprise surprise are on Sony's consoles. Amazing, I know.

Edited by Feral
  • Like 2

Yeah - this thread took a silly turn.

While there might have been a few people "dancing naked under the pale moonlight" at the release of the PS4Pro, the fact is that most of the community greeted the news with a collective yawn. The fact that people are also greeting the XB1X with the same yawn is hardly surprising.

There is no question that the general sentiment of PS4 players is boredom at the XB1X launch. This is perfectly rational and expected. But as usual, someone conflates loud PS fanboys with all PS gamers, and then in turn conflates this with loud MS naysayers.

• Like 2