The Code of the Elves!

The games I have chosen for myself are:

(Everyday is Christmas) Saints Row 4 - It has a DLC called "How the Saints Saved Christmas." This is one of my first ps4 games. I will need to get the plat from the main game and that DLC to count. I have already started this way in the past. I have a lot of misc. clean up to do in the main game and of course I need to do the DLC.

saints_row_4.jpg

(Nice List) Infamous Second Son - This one works because of the morality thing. You can be good or evil. I played through good once a long time ago. I would need to do the evil side and on the hard difficulty and a lot of misc trophies.

infamous.png

(Sing Loud) Just Sing - This looks like a typical karaoke game. On the surface, it's full of young hipster music from like One Direction and Justin Beiber. However, I checked the track list online and found a bunch of other songs that I like better that they didn't advertise. Maybe it's my age, but I'm looking more forward to stuff from the Spin Doctors and The Cranberries. 

just_sing.jpg

(Find Dad) Song of the Deep - A girl builds a submarine to find her missing father. He was some kind of underwater explorer that never came home one day. 

songofthedeep.jpg

Also, just a head's up. I changed my choice for my music game. My original choice was Omega Quintet, which is a japanese RPG that centers around a girl band. I don't know exactly how that one works, but it seemed to have a musical theme. It could be used for this event if someone wanted to go for it. It is heavy on required time though with 100ish hours needed to plat it.  i just decided to be more on the nose with the singing concept. 

These may help you guys pick a game or two... 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

Sign me up.

1. TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS!: Batman Arkham Origins (I've already done the MP, is that okay?)
  2. THERE'S ROOM FOR EVERYONE ON THE NICE LIST!: inFamous Second Son 
  3. THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR!: Persona 4 Dancing All Night 

These all sound good and its totally fine if youve started games in the past or done the multiplayer etc. You just need to finish during the event. 

1 hour ago, redcar200 said:

Hey Toogie,

Sign me up for the event. Now to choose what games to play. This event seems more doable than the Halloween event. Makes me want to do all 4 platinums. I'll keep u updated. 

You are in!

Seeing I was so disorganised and missed the Halloween event, would love to join this one. 

Could I choose :

Game 1 : Saints Row 4

Game 2 : Beyond Two Souls ( this game has moral choices / good evil. Haven't read synopsis but hopefully it's ok for redemption)

Game 3 : Project Diva Future Tone DX (JP Physical release)

Game 4 : Song of the Deep

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

After my abysmal showing in the Halloween event, I think I should try harder for the Christmas event.

So, here are my options for the Code of the Elves:

1. TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS! - Batman: Arkham Origins (if the MP is still working), Dead Space 3 (if I have a co-op partner), Jotun, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Syberia.

2. THERE'S ROOM FOR EVERYONE ON THE NICE LIST! - Titan Souls, Darksiders, Bioshock Infinite, Beyond: Two Souls.

3. THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR! - Color Guardians, Electronic Super Joy, Entwined, Funk of the Titans, KickBeat, Retro/Grade.
  4. BYE BUDDY HOPE YOU FIND YOUR DAD! - Still looking... (would've used N.E.R.O, but have already finished it)
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

BYE BUDDY HOPE YOU FIND YOUR DAD! - Still looking... (would've used N.E.R.O, but have already finished it)

child of light maybe?

edit: fallout 3, re6 (lol thats a stretch and probably hard to do)

Edited by mako-heart
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, CjShai said:

Seeing I was so disorganised and missed the Halloween event, would love to join this one. 

Could I choose :

Game 1 : Saints Row 4

Game 2 : Beyond Two Souls ( this game has moral choices / good evil. Haven't read synopsis but hopefully it's ok for redemption)

Game 3 : Project Diva Future Tone DX (JP Physical release)

Game 4 : Song of the Deep

Got you added!

10 hours ago, MysticjMax said:

I am going to be starting up a fresh new account just for the fun of it, and this looks like a great event. I can think of a few games I have that fit the Code of the Elves but I'll have to improvise for everything else. ;)

Added you too.

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

After my abysmal showing in the Halloween event, I think I should try harder for the Christmas event.

Happy to have you again. That Halloween one was pretty crazy. I hope this one works out better for you. 

Edited by Toogie53

Awesome idea for an event. I hope you continue to do more holiday themed events in the future. I'll go ahead and see if I can complete two games for each category.

1. TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS! - Saints Row 4, The Division
  2. THERE'S ROOM FOR EVERYONE ON THE NICE LIST! - Beyond Two Souls, Dishonored 2 

3.  THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR! - Guitar Hero 5, Amplitude
  4. BYE BUDDY HOPE YOU FIND YOUR DAD! - Fallout 3, The Little Acre 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Awesome idea for an event. I hope you continue to do more holiday themed events in the future. I'll go ahead and see if I can complete two games for each category.

1. TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS! - Saints Row 4, The Division
  2. THERE'S ROOM FOR EVERYONE ON THE NICE LIST! - Beyond Two Souls, Dishonored 2 

3.  THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR! - Guitar Hero 5, Amplitude
  4. BYE BUDDY HOPE YOU FIND YOUR DAD! - Fallout 3, The Little Acre 

Nice picks. We got lots of people going for Saints Row 4. I love how crazy that one is. I'll add you to the roster. Good luck on doubling-up on the challenge. That's a lot of gaming!

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

I loved the halloween event so I'm definitely in for this one too. It's nice to see that it's only 3 or 4 games too because that's really doable even during the holidays. I'm going to use it to clear some easier backlog games.

1. TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS!- Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star (If it's too short to count then I can trade it out for something like Indigo Prophecy or maybe Uncharted 2.)
  2. THERE'S ROOM FOR EVERYONE ON THE NICE LIST! - Game of Thrones (Should count since you make moral choices.)
  3.  THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR!- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 
  4. I can't think of any games off the top of my head where you have to save your dad. I'll have to look into that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

I loved the halloween event so I'm definitely in for this one too. It's nice to see that it's only 3 or 4 games too because that's really doable even during the holidays. I'm going to use it to clear some easier backlog games.

1. TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS!- Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star (If it's too short to count then I can trade it out for something like Indigo Prophecy or maybe Uncharted 2.)
  2. THERE'S ROOM FOR EVERYONE ON THE NICE LIST! - Game of Thrones (Should count since you make moral choices.)
  3.  THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR!- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 
  4. I can't think of any games off the top of my head where you have to save your dad. I'll have to look into that.

Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star is totally fine. I'm not worried about length at all. I just installed the original Hatoful Boyfriend on my vita since it was free on PS+ recently. I haven't even put in a whole hour yet. It reminds me of another free one I got called Amnesia: Memories. I didn't really like that one though because it's weird for me to pick a guy and try to date them lol. Maybe the whole pigeon thing will make it feel different.

Edited by Toogie53

13 hours ago, Surge3Beast said:

The games I would like to do are:

1) Saints Row IV

2) Mass Effect

3) LEGO Rock Band (might change this one if I can't find anyone else to play with)

4) Song of the Deep

I already had your spot reserved. Thanks for posting your game list!

I'm getting really eager to start the games I picked out. But today, it hit me on how close Christmas actually is. For me, I have just two more paychecks between now and then. I've been trying to think of what released this year that I really want to get my hands on. It's pretty close, but I think I really my top spot goes to Horizon Zero Dawn. It's one of those that I can't believe I haven't picked it up yet. South Park and Uncharted Lost Legacy would round out my top 3. what about you guys? Any of you have high hopes for Christmas games?

• Like 1

On 13/11/2017 at 7:00 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

So, here are my options for the Code of the Elves:

1. TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS! - Batman: Arkham Origins (if the MP is still working), Dead Space 3 (if I have a co-op partner), Jotun, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Syberia.

I would love to plat Dead Space 3 but currently I have no internet at home (freaking ISP problems) but if the problem is solved by the start of the event I'll let you know ?

Also if anyone is interested, Puppeteer for the PS3 fits perfectly rules number 1,2 and 3 is also a very good and enjoyable game.

• Like 2

On 11/13/2017 at 6:42 PM, Toogie53 said:

Added you too.

But... I... uh...

Note to self: Don't say anything on a forum thread if you don't want to participate. :facepalm:

Fine, I'll try to get my games up but I don't think I'll be able to find all of them as I don't like Saint's Row 4 and I am too poor to subscribe to Overwatch just for one month for the Christmas-themed game. I could re-sub to FFXIV for December and play their holiday event, though, if that's allowed. I'll try to find a rhythm game I can suffer through.

8 minutes ago, MysticjMax said:

But... I... uh...

Note to self: Don't say anything on a forum thread if you don't want to participate. :facepalm:

Fine, I'll try to get my games up but I don't think I'll be able to find all of them as I don't like Saint's Row 4 and I am too poor to subscribe to Overwatch just for one month for the Christmas-themed game. I could re-sub to FFXIV for December and play their holiday event, though, if that's allowed. I'll try to find a rhythm game I can suffer through.

Did you not say that you wanted to join the event? You even said you were creating a new account for it. 

Also, you don't subscribe to Overwatch. You just buy the game and play. 

Edited by Kent10201

29 minutes ago, MysticjMax said:

But... I... uh...

If you're planning on doing this on (yet another) new account, then I can make some game suggestions to fit each theme.  Also, you don't have to play Saint's Row 4 or Overwatch just because others are, it might be a good idea to choose games you already have for this and it's only one game per theme.

1. TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS! - I recommend Disney's Frozen Fall - it's a free to play game so no hit to your bank account

2. THERE'S ROOM FOR EVERYONE ON THE NICE LIST! - I recommend Grim Fandango or one of the Infamous games, I know you own both of these so it wouldn't be an extra expense

3.  THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR! - I recommend Patapon as I believe I saw that you had this on one of your other accounts and again it would save you buying a new game

4. BYE BUDDY HOPE YOU FIND YOUR DAD! - I recommend The Little Acre, again it's a game you already have so no additional expense

The above should be low stress, non-time consuming, enjoyable games.

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, MysticjMax said:

But... I... uh...

Hey! I'm sorry if I misunderstood. If you're not into it, I'll take your name off of the participants. 

17 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Did you not say that you wanted to join the event? You even said you were creating a new account for it. 

Also, you don't subscribe to Overwatch. You just buy the game and play. 

Overwatch needs PS+ to work. 

17 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

If you're planning on doing this on (yet another) new account, then I can make some game suggestions to fit each theme.  Also, you don't have to play Saint's Row 4 or Overwatch just because others are, it might be a good idea to choose games you already have for this and it's only one game per theme.

1. TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS! - I recommend Disney's Frozen Fall - it's a free to play game so no hit to your bank account

2. THERE'S ROOM FOR EVERYONE ON THE NICE LIST! - I recommend Grim Fandango or one of the Infamous games, I know you own both of these so it wouldn't be an extra expense

3.  THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR! - I recommend Patapon as I believe I saw that you had this on one of your other accounts and again it would save you buying a new game

4. BYE BUDDY HOPE YOU FIND YOUR DAD! - I recommend The Little Acre, again it's a game you already have so no additional expense

The above should be low stress, non-time consuming, enjoyable games.

Great recommendations. 

1. TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS!- Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star ps4 
    I'd like to do this although my gf still makes fun of me for doing the first male-pigeon dating sim and ending up joining an all female biker gang on my first playthrough. lol

Related image

2. THERE'S ROOM FOR EVERYONE ON THE NICE LIST! - Trine 2 ps4
    I started this one a few years back but still have all of the hard trophies and dlc if that is acceptable.

Related image

3.  THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR!- Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus ps4
    I'll probably play Puppeteer too but this one will work.
    Image result for chronicles of teddy
  4. BYE BUDDY HOPE YOU FIND YOUR DAD! - Bioshock ps4
    Absolutely loved the first 2.

Image result for Bioshock little sister

That is if there is still room, didn't see my name up there ?
Edited by RVMcypress_grave
  • Like 1

Doh! I forgot to add you when you said you were in via a private message. Your choices sound good. Puppeteer looks like a platformer to me, but since it is like a live puppet show with an audience, I can see the possibility that there might by some musical-type scenes or something. I'm fine with trusting @Uchiha_Snake__ about it. I don't think it would be as centered around music as I'd want, but I prefer to let people pick their own games. I understand we may not know every thing going into a game and may think it fits the theme up front and find out later it didn't. I actually kind of worried about spoilers for some games just by saying they have redemption or finding your dad in them. As long as you're attempting to fit the themes, I'd count it.