The Code of the Elves!

I would like to be in 

1.South Park: The Stick of Truth (I know this is sorta a stretch, but it's set in Winter and there is snow so I felt like it was a alright choice)otherwise Until Dawn

2. Infamous: Second Son(if South Park is allowed them Until Dawn)

3.SingStar

4. Alien: Isolation (this is a stretch as well, but your main quest is to find your mother, I don't know since it's not your father, if not, I'll just do the ones above)

Edited by FrostIsFurious
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

@Toogie53 I changed the music one in my post to Chronicles of Teddy. In the game you communicate with everything and solve puzzles through musical notes you find. You have to listen to the tones and then spell out the words based on the sounds.

Pic of the music interface:

Reveal hidden contents

Chronicles-of-Teddy-Harmony-of-Exidus-2.jpg

That's not a bad choice. I've goofed around with that one so I know how that music system works. The lexicom will show you how to join up music notes to form words. You have to play little songs to talk to people, tell doors to open etc. So advancing through the game is all kind of centered around finding new notes and new words to play so you can do something you couldn't before. I want to finish this game myself some day. 

1 hour ago, FrostIsFurious said:

I would like to be in 

1.South Park: The Stick of Truth (I know this is sorta a stretch, but it's set in Winter and there is snow so I felt like it was a alright choice)otherwise Until Dawn

2. Infamous: Second Son(if South Park is allowed them Until Dawn)

3.SingStar

4. Alien: Isolation (this is a stretch as well, but your main quest is to find your mother, I don't know since it's not your father, if not, I'll just do the ones above)

Hello! I'll get you added. South Park is fine. Like you said it's a bit of a stretch, but I'm not picky. I'd probably only say no if you're doing something way weird like Saints Row: Gat out of Hell where there's fire everywhere. Do you have a playstation camera? I'm not sure, if it's required for Singstar but that's what stopped me from picking it. You have to upload some stuff for trophies and I couldn't see what was needed to do it. I grabbed Just Sing at Gamestop for $3.99 pre-owned a couple days ago. It has upload requirements but you can use the companion app for it on your smart phone. Ultimately, Just Sing is cheaper because you'll need to buy some songs for Singstar. The songs are cheap though. I think it only comes out to $10-15 of investment to earn the platinum. Just giving you some food for thought. 

Edited by Toogie53

I would like to be removed from this event, please. I am going to start work on a fresh new account for fun and find that this event might be impossible for me to complete due to Pokemon Ultra Moon in my hot little hands, which I will be spending most of my time with, so I won't be earning trophies very much in the future. Sorry. :(

After some deliberation I will be trying to do a couple of games for each if I can find them:

1. TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS! - Dead Space 3 (if I have a co-op partner), Syberia.
  2. THERE'S ROOM FOR EVERYONE ON THE NICE LIST! - Darksiders.

3. THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR! - Color Guardians, Entwined, Funk of the Titans
  4. BYE BUDDY HOPE YOU FIND YOUR DAD! - Child of Light

Stats: Child of Light - 42% (9/20)

Color Guardians - 60% (31/46)

Darksiders:WE - 81% (34/43)

Dead Space 3 - 58% (36/59)

Entwined - 52% (10/14)

Funk of Titans - 9% (6/22)

Syberia - 0% (0/13)

6 hours ago, MysticjMax said:

I would like to be removed from this event, please. I am going to start work on a fresh new account for fun and find that this event might be impossible for me to complete due to Pokemon Ultra Moon in my hot little hands, which I will be spending most of my time with, so I won't be earning trophies very much in the future. Sorry. :(

No problem. Go catch them all! ?

Could I change my game #4, Find your Dad category  to FFXV, not sure if it qualifies, I have platted it twice and I think the theme is quite strong throughout, If it does I will use the JP Version this time. Reasons it might below - beware heavy spoilers.

Spoiler

At beginning Noctis leaves his father to travel to Luna, future bride. Shortly after his father is killed but it is some time before he comes to know this. Noctis finds Luna fairly early on then the rest of the game deals with accepting his fate/responsibility and learning to accept why his father was the way he was. Their relationship is explored through the second part of the game culminating in Noctis returning to take his place on the Throne of Lucis. Same place as where game starts and he first leaves his father. His father appears as a spirit and various interactions occur but essentially it is a final meeting and acknowledgement of understanding, love and power exchange.

Edited by CjShai

20 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Could I change my game #4, Find your Dad category  to FFXV, not sure if it qualifies, I have platted it twice and I think the theme is quite strong throughout, If it does I will use the JP Version this time. Reasons it might below - beware heavy spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

At beginning Noctis leaves his father to travel to Luna, future bride. Shortly after his father is killed but it is some time before he comes to know this. Noctis finds Luna fairly early on then the rest of the game deals with accepting his fate/responsibility and learning to accept why his father was the way he was. Their relationship is explored through the second part of the game culminating in Noctis returning to take his place on the Throne of Lucis. Same place as where game starts and he first leaves his father. His father appears as a spirit and various interactions occur but essentially it is a final meeting and acknowledgement of understanding, love and power exchange.

I allow you to determine your games. If you think it fits, that's enough for me. I didn't read your hidden content because I do want to play that myself eventually so I'll avoid what spoilers I can. You can also change games during the event if something isn't working out like you thought etc. 

• Like 1

TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS! Uncharted 2 reminds of a Xmas game because of all the snow in the game. I just need to go back and complete crushing difficultly for the plat.

THERE'S ROOM FOR EVERYONE ON THE NICE LIST! Star wars Battlefront 2 The main story is someone that is bad and trying to do the right thing. Don't want to spoil much.

THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR! Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - This game has mini-games that involve music.Not sure how much of this Ill get down but gives me a reason to start it up.

BYE BUDDY HOPE YOU FIND YOUR DAD!  Heavy Rain - I haven't played much of the game. But it involves a dad that has been involved in an incident where he is trying to deal with it. I assume its about him finding himself through this trouble time. Someone that has finished the game if you could let me know if it could fit the topic. 

Jeez, I don't know if I have anything or can find anything to participate in this one lol Even on my Xbox so I'm a little iffy. 

I can look through my games and stuff though but for the 'song' game section that's listed, I'd pass on that. I absolutely despise those kinds of games (except guitar hero and rock band) which I haven't played in years. 

And since Black Friday is coming up, this week/weekend is gonna be ridiculous at work.. >.< 

20 minutes ago, redcar200 said:

TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS! Uncharted 2 reminds of a Xmas game because of all the snow in the game. I just need to go back and complete crushing difficultly for the plat.

THERE'S ROOM FOR EVERYONE ON THE NICE LIST! Star wars Battlefront 2 The main story is someone that is bad and trying to do the right thing. Don't want to spoil much.

THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR! Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - This game has mini-games that involve music.Not sure how much of this Ill get down but gives me a reason to start it up.

BYE BUDDY HOPE YOU FIND YOUR DAD!  Heavy Rain - I haven't played much of the game. But it involves a dad that has been involved in an incident where he is trying to deal with it. I assume its about him finding himself through this trouble time. Someone that has finished the game if you could let me know if it could fit the topic. 

Sounds good. I got the Uncharted 2 plat a while back. It definitely has a lot of snow. I know a little about Heavy Rain. Basically, I had the ending spoiled for me on a youtube video; so I know who the killer is. It makes it hard to want to start the game. I'm not aware of a missing dad connection, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. 

39 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

Jeez, I don't know if I have anything or can find anything to participate in this one lol Even on my Xbox so I'm a little iffy. 

I can look through my games and stuff though but for the 'song' game section that's listed, I'd pass on that. I absolutely despise those kinds of games (except guitar hero and rock band) which I haven't played in years. 

And since Black Friday is coming up, this week/weekend is gonna be ridiculous at work.. >.< 

Music games aren't my usual cup of tea either. I figured I'd give it a try. You don't have to specifically do a singing game. Kind of anything that involves music. One that you might like that loosely falls into this category is Runner 2. It looks to be mostly a runner/platformer. The jumps and collectible pick ups are spaced in a way that if you do them properly, you are moving along with the beat and the sounds those things make fit in with the music. It just looks like instead of music guiding you, the normal platforming skills we are used to using will make you incidentally fit the music. I haven't played it myself. Just watched a video or two of it to get an impression of what it's like. So I can't say if its a good or a bad game or how challenging. It looks decent though. 

Edited by Toogie53

@Toogie53 I'll check it out. Since I read about this, I've been looking through my games and so far, FFXV is the only game I can think of right now (at the very least for #3). Plus, I was going to play it and plat it soon anyways for my 175 plat milestone. I also thought about The Wolf Among Us for #2 because you know, Telltale and their choices lol

4 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Music games aren't my usual cup of tea either. I figured I'd give it a try. You don't have to specifically do a singing game. Kind of anything that involves music. One that you might like that loosely falls into this category is Runner 2. It looks to be mostly a runner/platformer. The jumps and collectible pick ups are spaced in a way that if you do them properly, you are moving along with the beat and the sounds those things make fit in with the music. It just looks like instead of music guiding you, the normal platforming skills we are used to using will make you incidentally fit the music. I haven't played it myself. Just watched a video or two of it to get an impression of what it's like. So I can't say if its a good or a bad game or how challenging. It looks decent though. 

Sorry for jumping into the conversation.Night in the Woods also has a music section, and for people that are not really into music games could be a good fit.

• Like 1

1. TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS! Batman Arkham Origins (24/63)

2. THERE'S ROOM FOR EVERYONE ON THE NICE LIST! Infamous First Light (0/25)

3.  THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR! Hannah Montana (0/43)

4. BYE BUDDY HOPE YOU FIND YOUR DAD! N.E.R.O. (0/24)

This looks like a fine event and even though i have my own plans for December (right @CjShai? :D) i should complete this alongside...

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

3.  THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR! Hannah Montana (0/43)

This looks like a fine event and even though i have my own plans for December (right @CjShai? :D) i should complete this alongside...

Good choices, I am so glad to see Hannah Montana in there. I think this event works perfect alongside your December platathon ?.  And it will motivate me to finish FFXV hopefully before December even starts.

For anyone with a Vita and looking for music game suggestions I would recommend Persona 4 Dancing All Night, part rhythm game part Visual Novel, all fun. Not a difficult game either.

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

I allow you to determine your games. If you think it fits, that's enough for me. I didn't read your hidden content because I do want to play that myself eventually so I'll avoid what spoilers I can. You can also change games during the event if something isn't working out like you thought etc. 

Thanks, glad to hear you are going to play it at some point. I love it but then I think I'm slightly FF addicted ?

• Like 1

Ok. It just dawned on me that Kona has lots of snow in it since it takes place in my home country of Canada. :P So, I'll say sign me up!

For now, this is what I can establish for games:

#1 ~ Kona (0/36)

#2 ~ The Wolf Among Us (0/36)

#3 ~ FFXV (unless I find something else; great music in this game though) (21/74 - Don't have any DLC)

Bonus #4 ~ Not sure. I think most of the games I have that revolve around this (Fallout 3, NERO, etc.) I've already finished but we'll see.

I'd like to join! Im at work right now, so ill provide a list later on, just want to reserve a space for me! :D

Just one question: are there any restriction regarding games we have already started? Maximum percentage or something of the like? 

Edited by gernboes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

OMG Hannah Montana. Hahaha. I kind of love it. 

1 hour ago, CjShai said:

Thanks, glad to hear you are going to play it at some point. I love it but then I think I'm slightly FF addicted 1f61c.png

I have never played Final Fantasy. There's always some weird reason it doesn't happen. When I was a kid, I had a Sega Genesis and FF was Nintendo exclusive. I really loved those style of RPGs though and I played a lot of Phantasy Star games. If you haven't ever played Phantasy Star 4 you should look that one up for sure. I bought FF7 for the PC (no PSone for me, I was N64 and this time Nintendo did not have FF) but then my PC wouldn't ever run it even though I met the requirements etc. I got kind of close when I played Kingdom Hearts on the PS2. I do own FFX and X-2 for PS4 right now, so it should be only a matter of time. But FFXV looks more interesting to me than FFX.

1 hour ago, gernboes said:

I'd like to join! Im at work right now, so ill provide a list later on, just want to reserve a space for me! :D

Just one question: are there any restriction regarding games we have already started? Maximum percentage or something of the like? 

No restriction there. This event is a more casual thing. I'm mostly providing an idea or theme. You pick your games to go along with it as best you can and if you've started them in the past, it's not a big deal. What I don't want to see is someone staging the trophies and platting all their games right as the event begins, but even still I don't think that's a big problem. I just think part of the fun is talking about the games and sharing your progress during the event.

I picked two that I started previously. I was goofing around in Saints Row 4 last night trying to remember how the controls work and where I was at progress-wise. I popped a trophy doing something I didn't think would work. You have to jump from one side of the map to the other without touching the ground. This usually means you have to go roof top to roof top etc. But I jumped in the air called an airplane and flew across the map and ejected above the end point and it worked. Made me laugh. I would have saved it to do during the event, if I knew it would actually pop the trophy. I figured getting into a vehicle would negate it. Actually I technically have started three on my profile but Song of the Deep had a single story-based trophy popped by my daughter when she was on my profile. I will be starting it from scratch with a new save so I feel like it's fair to say it's a new game for me. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1