The Code of the Elves!

@Uchiha_Snake__ Metal Gear Legacy collection? 
MGS2 and 3 could work in a way for Rule #2. I won't give any spoilers in case you haven't played them.

Any of them could work if you do a no kill run (from memory MGS3 requires it for a trophy at least) since it would be a moral choice.

Borderlands 2 has a ton of snow and even a Christmas themed dlc.
The first one (much better game imo) had snow at one part and a secret "A Christmas Story" reference in a certain town.

Edited by RVMcypress_grave

10 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I finally beat the strongest Bosses of Final Fantasy X and I'm only one trophy away for the :platinum:

I wanna ask for you help picking my next game for Rule #1 and Rule #2. I may pick up something from the holiday discounts but it sound kinda of dump buying more games when I still have some unplayed and some others that I haven't even downloaded, I downloaded the Metal Gear Solid saga but none of those seens to apply, I was considering Borderlands 1 & 2, Mafia II or Spec-Ops: The Line. I also have some XCOM games but those required many hours of gameplay as I've read, so does anyone knows if any of those games has a bad guy turning good or some snowy levels?  :lol:

I think Spec Ops might work for number two. I'm not familiar with the plot but Ive heard a lot of talk about how it makes you examine your choices and makes you really think about what it means to kill someone.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. My dad's situation is slowly improving. He was moved from intensive care to a regular hospital room today. Progress! It is still doubtful he will be home for Christmas though. I had tickets to take him to Star Wars today as his Christmas gift, but I had to cancel and get them refunded.

I ended up playing on the ps4 more than I expected. I finished up the speedrun stuff in Uncharted 3. I'm working my way through Uncharted 4 but feeling kind of blah about it. Might be getting burned out on Uncharted or maybe its just that I'm not in my usual state of mind.

I'm probably going to resort to a collectibles guide for this one because I'm about halfway through the game and have already missed several of them in various chapters, which means I'll likely have to play through a lot of the game again to clean up collectibles. This more than anything is what I'm feeling negative about this game for. I feel like they've went through more effort to hide them, but they forgot that finding them isn't fun, its a chore. I got one earlier by clicking on a random npc. After talking to him he sold it to me. But it gave me the startling revelation that these aren't just hidden and laying around, they may be tied to other actions you take in the game.

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

@Toogie53 glad to hear he has improved a bit mate, hope you're doing ok.

I never could get into the Uncharted games, I don't know why but they just never clicked with me. I find Naughty Dog love hiding their collectibles in places you will never ever go which always annoys me.

Mini update for my progress for this too while I'm here. Looks like most people are smashing their lists out

1. South Park Stick of Truth - 0% :platinum:
  2. Persona 5 - 54% 75%
  3. Color Guardians - 20% 57%

I'm back at work today. I'll update everyone's percentages etc. in the main post. I apologize for the delay on this. You guys are all making lots of progress! There's been quite a few post this week abut people finishing games. I just read that @Dessane finished Color Guardians as well.  I wouldn't be surprised if there is a big influx of completed games because people are starting to hit their holiday breaks.

• Like 1

I finally :platinum: Final Fantasy X so that's my second game, as I mentioned before this one fit Rule #4 "BYE BUDDY HOPE YOU FIND YOUR DAD!" while  Dragon Ball Xenoverse  fit Rule #3 "THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR!"

Now I'll be playing Borderlands wich will fit Rule #1 "TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS!" 

I finally feel on track on this event ? well good luck everyone and happy holidays!

• Like 1

Yeah as @Toogie53 said I just finished Color Guardians the other night and now only have 3 trophies left for Persona 5 to mark my goals done. Should be done over the christmas weekend as I have a tonne of work parties etc until then (not that im complaining). This has been a fun event thanks for running it mate.

Good luck to everyone on finishing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I finally :platinum: Final Fantasy X so that's my second game, as I mentioned before this one fit Rule #4 "BYE BUDDY HOPE YOU FIND YOUR DAD!" while  Dragon Ball Xenoverse  fit Rule #3 "THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR!"

Now I'll be playing Borderlands wich will fit Rule #1 "TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS!" 

I finally feel on track on this event 1f602.png well good luck everyone and happy holidays!

Alrihgt. I got you properly updated. How does Borderlands fit #1. I've only played Tales from the Borderlands and don't know much about the series as a whole. I have the Handsome collection stashed away in my backlog to do some day. Does Borderlands have some kind of Christmas DLC or something? Regardless, you can keep it as your pick. I'm just curious why it is your pick, if that makes sense. 

11 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Alrihgt. I got you properly updated. How does Borderlands fit #1. I've only played Tales from the Borderlands and don't know much about the series as a whole. I have the Handsome collection stashed away in my backlog to do some day. Does Borderlands have some kind of Christmas DLC or something? Regardless, you can keep it as your pick. I'm just curious why it is your pick, if that makes sense. 

Indeed, there's a snow area in both borderlands 1 & 2 with some snowy missions too :lol: idk if the pre sequel has also a snow section, but in Borderlands 2 you also can play a DLC with a christmas theme, it's called "How Marcus Save The Mercenary Day", I'll give it a try when I finish the first one ?

On 17/12/2017 at 9:50 PM, RVMcypress_grave said:

@Uchiha_Snake__ Metal Gear Legacy collection? 
MGS2 and 3 could work in a way for Rule #2. I won't give any spoilers in case you haven't played them.

Any of them could work if you do a no kill run (from memory MGS3 requires it for a trophy at least) since it would be a moral choice.

Borderlands 2 has a ton of snow and even a Christmas themed dlc.
The first one (much better game imo) had snow at one part and a secret "A Christmas Story" reference in a certain town.

I have player all the MGS games but Peace Walker and yes you are right both 2 and 3 fits Rule #2, I will consider add Snake Eater since I love that game and also I've seen it is much easier too play than Sons Of Liberty I mean... not a piece of cake either but I hate those VR Missions from MGS2

I have been letting the paint dry for a while; but today I applied some weathering to the Junkrat dual shock for my daughter. I was able to test it today. I was worried about buttons sticking or something just not working, but all is well so far. I have a decal to add and maybe the icons on the buttons. After that I need to spray on the sealant and its done!

1219172052.jpg

• Like 3

Thursday Update:

Hey all. I think I'm going to be pretty busy for the next few days. I hope you all prioritize enjoying your holidays over gaming (unless gaming is how you enjoy your holidays). My dad is getting much better. I think he may get to come home from the hospital before Christmas; maybe even today, if all goes perfectly. I don't have any solid gaming plans. I'm hoping to finish off Uncharted 4 before the holiday but I'm not going to fussed if it doesn't happen. My kids are deep in the thrall of celebrating all things Christmas so my time will be prioritized on what they want to do for the next while.Also, there's a Nintendo Switch under the tree, so I'm sure they'll be all over that. The fact it has a portable screen will help free up the TV though so I may still have some gaming fun times for myself along the way. 

• Like 3

@Toogie53 Glad to hear you dad is doing better.

That controller is coming along nicely!

Friday Update:

I've gradually progressed through Katamari Damacy; grabbing all the collectibles and what not.

Since Katamari is my optional game, I tried starting my two other games but found out that my Beat Sketcher copy has mysteriously disappeared and my brother is too busy to do the duo playthrough of Beyond: Two Souls.

Because of these I'll substitute Spec Ops: The Line (15%) for #2 and the music/danced-based Conga Master (0% -> 56% currently) for #3. I think I can get through both in time for Jan 8th!

This week will probably be devoted to family holiday stuff so probably not much gaming will occur.

Nonetheless, I'm gonna try to finish one of my remaining games in my spare time.

Happy holidays everyone! ?

• Like 1

I forgot about the "Friday Update" so is gonna be

Saturday Update:

I managed to get all the Co-Op as well as the Story related trophies in Borderlands so the main game is at 94% now i just need to farm until lvl 50 and then get some skills realted trophies.

@Toogie53 btw, the snow is in the last hours of the game, but it's pretty cool since there's a complete rampage throught all the snowy/icy levels ?

Sunday update :D

Finished my 3rd :platinum: in total for this challenge: the infamous Hannah Montana The Movie :D  i liked it but couldn't listen to the music as i was busy moving my controller as indicated by symbols on the screen. Felt so weird to do this :D Getting 5 Star Ratings for all songs was only possible after repeating the Tutorial a few times until i recognized all commands head on. Only boring grind was the horse riding but for that i put my controller down on my lap and the horse moved on its own ?

3 of 4 done now i need some motivation to start the last game but Skyrim (PS4) and Uncharted 3 (PS3) keep me busy ?

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

OMG its finally here!! CHRISTMAS!!1!one!!! I hope you all have a wonderful day! I saw a few posts about completed games. That's so good! I'll update everyone's game progress Tuesday morning when I will be at work. I expect that I will have an abundance of downtime then. Happy gaming and Merry Christmas!

• Like 2

Christmas Update! 

I just got the :platinum: for Borderlands  so rule #1 is done, bad thing is i don't have the DLCs though I buyed the game in a bundle with Borderlands 2 and that one came with the season pass ? I may consider buying the DLCs later since they look really fun and cool.

After thinking about ir I've picked my last game, idk if it's gonna be hard to plat but I will follow the trophy guide since the very begining and hope I can make it, so my last game will be one of my favorites from all time Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD I'm really looking forward to re-play on of the best games of the PS2 ?.

That said, I wish you all merry christmas and I hope you are having an awesome time with your beloved ones and yourself. And let's the last week of trophy hunting of this year begins!

Edited by Uchiha_Snake__
  • Like 1

Hey everyone! I hope your holiday was very fun. I'm back at work now, but my boss just suggested I take the week off. So I think I am going to! Before I leave though, I thought I'd update the main post with everyone's percentages. Then I'm going to take off and go clean up the disaster zone I call home. I got my 50th plat on Christmas Eve, while waiting for my kids to go to sleep. It wasn't Uncharted 4 like I planned though. It ended up being Undertale. I just got bored of Uncharted for some reason. I really like those games but just not feeling up for finishing UC4 for the past few days.

I got quite a few games this year. I knew about a few of them but there were also a few more. I'm having trouble deciding what to play next. I started with Horizon Zero Dawn because I've been wanting to play that all year long. I'm not too far into it, but it's been very good so far. Also last night as we were winding down, my wife and I started Hidden Agenda. It plays a lot like a Until Dawn; the multiplayer thing is kind of a fun spin. But it's somewhat annoying when there is only two of us and a decision takes a majority vote. You can earn takeover cards by finding clues or being the first one successful at a quick time event. Those cards will allow you to override everyone else on a decision so you can bend the plot to your desire. It looks like it might take a few replays to unlock all the trophies because of the various story possibilities I didn't read very many of the trophies because they are full of spoilers. But it's only two hours or so long, so I hope it isn't too tedious for me to unlock the platinum. We didn't finish the whole game even once yet though. My wife and I were too tired because we got woken up early by my youngest who was way excited. Overall though, I'm quite pleased with Hidden Agenda so far. I think it would be more fun in a bigger group. 

• Like 3

I've been so busy with work and the holidays for the last 5 days and I know I'm late but Merry Christmas guys! <3 

I was actually able to get off work early enough today to head off to EB aka Game Stop before they closed and I managed to get The Evil Within 2, Prey and Uncharted 4!

I also went and got myself some much needed clothes to top off the clothes I got for Xmas lol Been a pretty good day :) I hope you all had a great Christmas with your families!

• Like 1