Stop people from following you

itachi-destroyer

Hello, 

I'd like to know if there is a way to stop people from following you on the PSN. I know that in the options you can set the option to "friends only" but not to "no one". The problem is that I recently needed to add people for some MP trophies but that doesn't mean I wanted them to follow me. 

I tried deleting them from my friend list but even if they are not in my friend list anymore they are still following me so I tried to block them and while that works, if I unblock them they are automatically added to my follower list again and I don't necessarily want to block them for a reason like this unless I don't have the choice.

I know it might sound stupid but I really don't like the fact that strangers are able to follow me or the fact that they are even on my follower list without my agreement.

Edit : Asking them to unfollow me isn't a good solution because firstly, they might not do it and secondly the problem will repeat itself each and every time I need to add people for MP trophies.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Hello, 

I'd like to know if there is a way to stop people from following you on the PSN. I know that in the options you can set the option to "friends only" but not to "no one". The problem is that I recently needed to add people for some MP trophies but that doesn't mean I wanted them to follow me. 

I tried deleting them from my friend list but even if they are not in my friend list anymore they are still following me so I tried to block them and while that works, if I unblock them they are automatically added to my follower list again and I don't necessarily want to block them for a reason like this unless I don't have the choice.

I know it might sound stupid but I really don't like the fact that strangers are able to follow me or the fact that they are even on my follower list without my agreement.

Edit : Asking them to unfollow me isn't a good solution because firstly, they might not do it and secondly the problem will repeat itself each and every time I need to add people for MP trophies.

The most recent system update made everyone auto follow all of their friends

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Hello, 

For now on you must live with that there is no way to make them stop fallow you. You could speak to each other but that would be weird. Another sony shit update.

Edited by bezdomnekoty

Tabarnak!! its itachi-destroyer YOUR A LEGEND!!!!! I'm gonna follow you right now oh my gosh can't believe im in the present of greatness right NOW!!! your a Superstar my little Brother Booby-Jones The 3rd wants to be just like you little guy tells all kinds of stories about your historic accomplishments your truely his idol, it all started with Prince of Persia and now you have 134 Platinums:platinum:! and.....and... what.....but I'm not a stranger itachi I taught I was.....I was a friend....... a PSN Friend.??

just kidding but in all seriousness just ignore them, if it persist and bothers you, might as well just block them and get it over with, it's not like you owe them anything and if you feel bad don't, nor does it make you a bad person for blocking them and wanting some type of privacy to your account.

Edited by Shaowsintzu
Crying face didn't look sad enough so I added another
  • Like 4

• 8 months later...
9 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

Why does it matter? I've noticed nothing remotely negative relating to it. 

Because it does matter. She's right. Would of been nice if they updated it now then later.

Edited by Nexuds121
  • Like 2

Just now, Nexuds121 said:

Because it does matter. She's right though. Would of been nice if they updated it though.

I am not saying she is wrong, I am asking what is negative about followers? I literally cant think of any negative or pluses about them. All it means is they can see your recent activity, right?

• Like 2

Since i was hacked once, ive gotye pretty much paranoid about account safety and havin stranger see what ive done recently sure doesnt help so the negative aspect is that stranger are able to see your activity and who knows what they wanna do with that information if tbey got the required skills.

• Like 1

I wish there was no follower system at all. In the other hand, I like my numbers displaying correctly in my profile. What do I mean? If I have 50 friends, I need to follow and be followed by these 50 people. I dont care at all for this feature, but it would bother me having 50 friends, following 49 and 46 followers of mine... I just hate it and if someone unfollow me, I delete him/her and unfollow them just for the sake of these damm numbers.

In the end of the day this is only another feature no one asked for but Sony had to make it happen. What about putting our trophy list in alphabetical order, uh? It was a thing on ps3 if Im not mistaken; cant believe it wasnt added yet. I really hope that the update 6.0 brings something nice for players and trophy hunters alike.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, armmyperez said:

@itachi-destroyer just click on Friends,go to Follow (you'll see the list of friends/people that are following you) there's a option on the right of the person name to unfollow.

This option is just making me unfollow them, not the opposite. But thanks for trying to help.

In the end, I'm just blocking everyone that I don't want to have on my follower list. Maybe I'll be able to unblock them in the future but Playstation can be quite long to update some broken features so I was not going to wait until they decide to let solo players like me get rid of their social media bullshit features.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 1

I messaged all the people who I don't want following me. A few of them unfollowed while I had this other idiot who refused to unfollow me out of spite. What a piece of shit. I took screenshots of the conversation and was nothing but respectful to them.

4 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

Why does it matter? I've noticed nothing remotely negative relating to it. 

It's not the fact that nothing negative has come from it but I would like to have control over my own privacy.

Least with Twitter they allow us to remove followers by blocking them and then unblock but on PlayStation, if you unblock they go back to following you automatically.

Edited by JiII-Valentine--
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

I messaged all the people who I don't want following me. A few of them unfollowed while I had this other idiot who refused to unfollow me out of spite. What a piece of shit. I took screenshots of the conversation and was nothing but respectful to them.

Well, if he is stupid enough to do this just to annoy you why don't you just block him ?

6 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Well, if he is stupid enough to do this just to annoy you why don't you just block him ?

He is blocked now. However, blocking all these people shouldn't be the solution to this problem. Sony should give us the option to remove whoever we don't want following us. Is that really too much to ask?

Edited by JiII-Valentine--
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

No it isn’t, and you are absolutely right.

To all the people who are arguing that “who cares, there are no negative consequences, blah blah blah...”, would you be fine with someone following you around in real life?

I mean, if I decide to follow you around, but don’t actually do anything to you, then there’s no negative consequence, right? And if you turn around and ask me to stop, and I say “no” and just carry on following you? That’s cool too?

The fact is that, if the person being followed feels uncomfortable - justifiably as you see it, or not - then that is, in itself, a negative consequence.

That was a horrible way to explain why people are uncomfortable with followers comparing the Real World were you can be murdered by a stranger to the Internet where you can get your info stolen by stranger.

@Vadrael did a far better explanation in why people are against followers without the overdramatic explanation. Just a simple "Strangers can see what I am doing and used that info to steal my account away if they are crafty enough" which I actually have seen happen to people where they have their accounts stolen just because the other guy knew just the right amount of info to claim the account as theirs.

3 hours ago, Vadrael said:

Since i was hacked once, ive gotye pretty much paranoid about account safety and havin stranger see what ive done recently sure doesnt help so the negative aspect is that stranger are able to see your activity and who knows what they wanna do with that information if tbey got the required skills.

• Like 1

Here i though i was over dramatic but in the end its all about the informations were willing to give and the information we want to keep to our self.

PSN profiles itself gives people informations about the owned games so even there is a risk but we sure should keep an eye upon people were willing to keep as friends and those who follow us.