Stop people from following you

itachi-destroyer

If all they can do by following you is seeing your recent activity, can't you just set that to friends only or no one?

Personally, I don't care nor know who follows me, and I also probably follow all people on my friend list because it does it automatically.

When I turn on my console I go to my game and play, I haven't even paid attention to any other feature aside from my trophies and gallery.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 27/7/2018 at 5:23 PM, AndresLionheart said:

If all they can do by following you is seeing your recent activity, can't you just set that to friends only or no one?

Personally, I don't care nor know who follows me, and I also probably follow all people on my friend list because it does it automatically.

When I turn on my console I go to my game and play, I haven't even paid attention to any other feature aside from my trophies and gallery.

Sorry for the bumping, but no, you can only set to be followed by everyone or friends only, not no one. This system needs to be changed because even people who ask for a friend request who have only a PS3 are automatically set as followers. And you can only unfollow/follow people from a PS4.

16 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Sorry for the bumping, but no, you can only set to be followed by everyone or friends only, not no one. This system needs to be changed because even people who ask for a friend request who have only a PS3 are automatically set as followers. And you can only unfollow/follow people from a PS4.

I'm a bit confused. I thought I could turn off my activity for everyone? Or stay offline so my activity doesn't pop up. Wouldn't that effectively stop followers from getting any info? 

13 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I'm a bit confused. I thought I could turn off my activity for everyone? Or stay offline so my activity doesn't pop up. Wouldn't that effectively stop followers from getting any info? 

Yes, i think you can turn off the activity. But you have to contact followers one by one in order to be unfollowed by them, even if you unfriend them. That's another story.

Sure, you could BLOCK them, but still...

Edited by Lance_87

There is no excuse we can't remove followers!!! because we sure can on every other media!! You know like the big daddies of media. Facebook, Twitter, etc....

On 23/1/2019 at 2:14 AM, Kittet3 said:

Wait, I can remove followers on Twitter? 

Yes, apparently, you block and then unblock them, and they'll no longer follow you. This doesn't happen on PS4. Blocking and then unblocking friends only removes them from the Friends list and from the people you follow, but they'll keep following you, and you can decide to block them to stop being followed completely, or simply message the follower and kindly ask to be unfollowed.

Edited by Lance_87
Small typo.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Wait, I can remove followers on Twitter? 

No dear, I was just trying to be sarrcastic since SONY needs this feature because everybody else and their sister sites have it. But I guess I failed miserably ?

It's like can we denied someone from following us here even? Let me go check...

42 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

No dear, I was just trying to be sarrcastic since SONY needs this feature because everybody else and their sister sites have it. But I guess I failed miserably 1f62d.png

We just need to start standardizing the /s tag :P 

Honestly, people probably give out more information here then anyone would be able to gain from your recent activity. :dunno:

8 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

No dear, I was just trying to be sarrcastic since SONY needs this feature because everybody else and their sister sites have it. But I guess I failed miserably 1f62d.png

... i wasn't, duh... https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Followers-on-Twitter

Edited by Lance_87

• 5 months later...
8 hours ago, HiryuMK said:

A lot of my trophy boosting partners are still following me even after I unfriended them. When I block them to make them no longer follow me, if I unblock them, are they back to following me or they will still be not following me?

Like i said above, no, if you unblock them they'll reappear. You'll have to contact them one by one manually or wait until they unfollow you.

8 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

I'm presuming your more of a private fella? Otherwise i'm curious as to why you want to unfollow everyone.

He doesn't want to unfollow everyone, he wants to be unfollowed by others.

Edited by Lance_87

• 3 months later...
On 7/15/2019 at 5:51 PM, EternalChaos72 said:

I'm presuming your more of a private fella? Otherwise i'm curious as to why you want to unfollow everyone.

I don't mind people following me as its a useless feature anyways, but in doing so my trophies I earn get posted on their Activity Feeds.

One reason I haven't seen posted here is one I keep experiencing, and I think this answers why people on this thread here want to force an unfollow:

Some people think when you the trophy hunter see a like on a trophy you the hunter earned it will inspire you to keep up earning and hunting trophies, so in an effort to 'keep up your spirit' they will randomly like any and/or all trophies posted on their Activity Feed.

What I the trophy hunter see on my end... is every like generates a notification from PS App and a PS4 notification "Someone liked your Activity." So my phone dings again, usually while I'm at work. I stop to check it once at a stopping point (i.e. while on break) ...and "Someone liked your Activity." It's another trophy like. Please. Just. Stop. I don't mind a like every once in a while or on a hard plat, but also liking nearly every single bronze in said list along the way is ridiculous. Yes I know you are watching my feed, gtfo.

I have at least 3 followers on my followers list who subscribe to this way of thought, and at least one of them I only friended (and then unfriended afterwards) for a boosting session on PS3....
As someone with a busy life it is frustrating to get spam.
I had to message them that I understand what they are trying to do, but instead all I see is spam and to please scale back to only liking Platinums.

(I figure that is a good compromise if you must like trophies)

TL;DR: Would want unfollow capability to avoid activity like spammers, especially since most spammers are acquired via friending only for a boost session(s).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't understand why this is an issue. Some people are saying it's an account security issue, but haven't said how. I feel like I'm missing something...

Just block people if it's a problem to you. Also if you're so afraid about your followers and or hackers why even play online with strangers? Just add people you know in real life then.

• 1 year later...

I realise this is an old topic but this is a very real issue/security risk now that PS5 is here.

A friend sent me details last night which shows that an old account that I was playing for a time yesterday and he was still following of mine shows as 'Online' on his PS4 and exactly what I am playing doing when using my PS5 and my status is online,

The issue does not show as we tested with me logging in on that account on PS4 so this would mean I would have to block everyone on my list from following me on those accounts (which is overkill) because they can see/potentially join my gaming sessions on the PS5 and I don't think Sony would be aware of this issue.

I will post up some screenshots after my work today but am mainly posting to point out the issue so that if anyone is able to feedback to Sony (since we have no Community Support pages now) as whilst it's no biggie for me I imagine many will be unhappy about this.

Edited by kana_chidori
Formatting