De Blob trophy discussion.

snakebit10

6 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I never played a De Blob game. Saying that. Anyone who is familiar with the first game what does the trophies look like to obtain?

You and me both, heard of these sort of games, never played them myself.  But would not be against giving it a go... it does seem like it'll be fun though.

I looked up the game and some of its gameplay on youtube after I found the game while scrolling through Amazon earlier. Seems pretty interesting, a bit like a hidden gem on the Wii which is where I know it was popular on. This trophy list seems pretty straightforward, although I'm interested to see how hard it is to obtain gold on all of the challenges within the game. 

Edited by Lawless_Llama

6 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

They've got physical copies on Amazon and Best buy for this game. Got one for $16. Definitely worth it!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071CP9566/ref=ya_st_dp_summary?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You're absolutely fantastic for this. ? I was gonna settle for a digital because I didn't think there'd be a physical.

• Like 1

From all the games I played on the Wii, this was my favourite. I replayed it several times, but I cannot recall every detail anymore. What I remember best was that this game had the same terrible controls like so many jump'n'runs of the Wii, making you wiggle the Nunchuk for a jump. Hopefully this hasn't survived the port to the PS4. 

Colouring every object, tree and billboard is a bit tedious, as well as collecting all styles (paint patterns) and freeing every inhabitants. IIRC if you finished a level without getting everything, you had to completely start anew. I can't remember any time challenges, but this could just be my memory...

I'm pretty sure I will get the game as soon as it gets released, hopefully they did a good job porting it. 4k would be great...

Edited by dcdfan

38 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

From all the games I played on the Wii, this was my favourite. I replayed it several times, but I cannot recall every detail anymore. What I remember best was that this game had the same terrible controls like so many jump'n'runs of the Wii, making you wiggle the Nunchuk for a jump. Hopefully this hasn't survived the port to the PS4. 

Colouring every object, tree and billboard is a bit tedious, as well as collecting all styles (paint patterns) and freeing every inhabitants. IIRC if you finished a level without getting everything, you had to completely start anew. I can't remember any time challenges, but this could just be my memory...

I'm pretty sure I will get the game as soon as it gets released, hopefully they did a good job porting it. 4k would be great...

And those gold challenges? Do you by chance, recall what they are? Just to get some sort of idea.

I was reading two different dates, the 14th and the 17th.  It could be American and EU related dates for release.  But not sure which is correct and all that sort of stuff.

4 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

did some exclusivity deal happen between Nintendo and the devs or the publisher behind the first game?

I think they just thought the mood of the game would work better on the wii? It was THQ so maybe they saw more potential for it as a wii exclusive? Doesn't explain the 2nd game going multiplatform tho.

4 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

And those gold challenges? Do you by chance, recall what they are? Just to get some sort of idea.

I was reading two different dates, the 14th and the 17th.  It could be American and EU related dates for release.  But not sure which is correct and all that sort of stuff.

Come to think about it, those challenges were little tasks you got while going through the level, like paint some trees or buildings a specific colour, free a number of inhabitants or something. Nothing too difficult. I hope though I don't mix up what was in the first game or in the second, as it has been a while since I played them...

The US blog states the 16th for the release, the EU blog will probably post the exact date today, if it's coming out this week over here too...

29 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Come to think about it, those challenges were little tasks you got while going through the level, like paint some trees or buildings a specific colour, free a number of inhabitants or something. Nothing too difficult. I hope though I don't mix up what was in the first game or in the second, as it has been a while since I played them...

The US blog states the 16th for the release, the EU blog will probably post the exact date today, if it's coming out this week over here too...

Nothing time related I hope.  But either way, sounds good, I actually can't wait to play this now, sounds like a lot of fun :D

On 11/12/2017 at 5:18 PM, DuckSwimmer said:

You're absolutely fantastic for this. 1f60d.png I was gonna settle for a digital because I didn't think there'd be a physical.

No problem! I love collecting so when there's games this cheap that release on disc no reason not to buy! 

Amazon is shipping my copy on November 20th.

59 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Loved this game on the Wii, but can't remember enough to gauge the trophy difficulty. Been a long time since I played

Playing it right now, you can essentially take your time, so long as you get to the end before time runs out.  I think the only annoying thing will be completing levels in a certain time limit for "Chronos" which by the looks of it, is getting all time trials done on each level.

Each of the latter trophies seem to be connected to the medals you get for painting everything, freeing all the dudes (and painting them to liberate them), painting a blimp per level, painting billboards to change them, etc, etc.