Trophy thoughts?

classic94

2 hours ago, Se7en said:

Interestingly enough, images of 5 achievements for The Consul’s Car can be found on Rockstar’s own Social Club site:

Achieve61.png  Achieve62.png  Achieve63.png  Achieve64.png  Achieve65.png

But there are no signs of both new collections trophies though.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing them. I wonder what they didn't add them then?

15 minutes ago, pumajlr2001 said:

The guy said "If you love collectibles..". Clearly he's not talking about you. And some people like collectibles.. i swear to you that not everybody like the same things as you. Just ask.

What are you on about? I was sharing my opinion, answering another person's post. I swear to you that I couldn't care less what you like, and I swear to you that I will never ask permission from anyone to share my opinion. I don't really need to tell you that it's my opinion, do I?

As far as some people liking collectibles, good on them, I guess. Some people like to eat feces, too. Should I ask them before stating my abhorrence of the act? But, in case you're confused, that too is my opinion; my apologies to our coprophiliac community.

Edited by starcrunch061

2 hours ago, Se7en said:

Interestingly enough, images of 5 achievements for The Consul’s Car can be found on Rockstar’s own Social Club site:

Maybe they will be added in a up coming patch. 

The car collector trophy I remember using the wiki guide. It gave a location that the cars were known to spawn. It made it easier especially when needing the last few. Some of the cars looked the same to me.

20 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

What are you on about? I was sharing my opinion, answering another person's post. I swear to you that I couldn't care less what you like, and I swear to you that I will never ask permission from anyone to share my opinion. I don't really need to tell you that it's my opinion, do I?

As far as some people liking collectibles, good on them, I guess. Some people like to eat feces, too. Should I ask them before stating my abhorrence of the act? But, in case you're confused, that too is my opinion; my apologies to our coprophiliac community.

LOl, this popped in my head as soon as I read your post ^_^

swear-to-me.gif

Anyways, there are good collectibles and bad collectibles. Things that actually affect the game like boosts, heart tanks etc are good collectibles. Things that just lengthen the game for a No Prize are bad collectibles. 

Running around La Noire trying to find all those stupid Film Reels was just busy work and there is no way anyone found everything without a guide...making it pointless busy work.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

LOl, this popped in my head as soon as I read your post ^_^

swear-to-me.gif

Anyways, there are good collectibles and bad collectibles. Things that actually affect the game like boosts, heart tanks etc are good collectibles. Things that just lengthen the game for a No Prize are bad collectibles. 

Running around La Noire trying to find all those stupid Film Reels was just busy work and there is no way anyone found everything without a guide...making it pointless busy work.

About those film reels. I didn't find a single one while playing the story. I used a guide in my clean up to find them. If the new collectibles are going to be the same way then that will just zap the fun out of it. I don't really plan on playing it again though unless it gets really cheap then I may do so.

19 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

About those film reels. I didn't find a single one while playing the story. I used a guide in my clean up to find them. If the new collectibles are going to be the same way then that will just zap the fun out of it. I don't really plan on playing it again though unless it gets really cheap then I may do so.

That's the thing. They weren't anywhere near the actual missions so there was literally no reason to stumble upon one. 

That is a bad collectible

• Like 2

It feels to me like the 'collectables' in LA Noire are notably dull because the open world that Team Bondi created doesn't make players excited or interested in exploring it, for instance, if they scattered the same collectables around GTA V's Los Santos I don't think it would be AS bad. Don't get me wrong, I was overjoyed at the announcement of the remaster, because the atmosphere and maturity of the game really made it stand out back on PS3. However the slow vehicles and lack of any open world events other than 'street crimes' kinda makes the virtual LA feel hollow and empty. What do you guys think?

I agree yeah, besides the cases there’s nothing else to do around the city. Also, if this is remastered it takes a keener eye than mine to notice it. Some of the background in the cut scenes become blurry at times as expected with an older game. Of course I can’t compare it to the PS3 version, just my thoughts while playing. I’m still really enjoying it though, it’s a lot of fun ?

• 1 year later...
On 13/11/2017 at 2:09 PM, Se7en said:

The links are broken now.

Does anyone have the icons downloaded and can post them again? I'm so curious to see them

• 4 weeks later...

Recently took a look at this game and I can’t say I’m impressed. 

Giving a game from 2011 4K visuals is absolutely pointless. It’s still not going to look anything as good as today’s AAA games because let’s face it, this is an older game from last gen. 

I mentioned before the Consol’s Car case DLC, this was a missed opportunity because there definitely could of been added trophies for it. I don’t know if the story trophies or the Magpie trophy have those DLC cases in mind. On the PS3 original you only needed to do the cases that were already in the base game. 

The collectibles are the worst part about this game, and adding two more types of collectibles was stupid. 

Still, I love the time period, the style and the attitude and LA Noire does it all wonderfully. 

Edited by Spaz

• 2 months later...
On 1/10/2019 at 6:18 PM, Se7en said:

Here they are:

the-consuls-car-1-large.png the-consuls-car-2-large.png the-consuls-car-3-large.png the-consuls-car-4-large.png the-consuls-car-5-large.png

Missed opportunity. If they were able to put in new collectibles for a game from 2011 they definitely could of added the trophies in for The Consol's Car.

I still believe you have to do the case anyway because there's a trophy for 5-starring all the cases.

• 4 weeks later...

Yh I would have been happy with Consul's Car trophies, strange they didnt add any. Funny enough I actually enjoy the all vehicles collectibles, its different compared to the boring collect 100 feathers, packages, id cards on this huge ass map. LA Noire on ps3 was so fun to 100% for me. And im enjoying doing it again.

• 1 year later...