Can't log into PSN account. Need some help...

You

Hello everyone, I think I've screwed myself over. Can't log into my account anymore, probably permanently.

If anyone has any advice it would be very appreciated.

Ok my situation, I have two accounts, enaysoft, enaysoftjp, first is UK account, second is Japan. I live in Japan but am from the UK, so I have both accounts. Since 2008, all good so far.

The second one enaysoftjp I haven't logged in for over a year, and when I tried a few weeks ago it won't let me in. No idea why, unfortunately the e-mail address I use for enaysoftjp, the e-mail domain and server,is gone without warning, gone forever and without my knowing it. No way I can resurrect a private e-mail server.

In order words if I use the "forgot password"  thing it delivers is to a dead e-mail. Presumably my account was suspended because the e-mails bounced? Anyway, I don't think the password is the issue, it has been saved on auto login for years, the password is obviously correct.

Anyway so this is my problem, I still have the account on my PS3, but I can't login. No way of changing my e-mail address because I need to use that login to get into my account. I have no Sony 2 step verification on either of my accounts. I've sent a message to Sony Japan technical (in Japanese) explaining my situation, no response. I sent of course my Japanese details, where I live etc, even e-mails of my latest transactions, I had those backed up somewhere. But nope, nothing. No reply...

What I need somehow is a way of resetting my e-mail address on my PS3, but I have to log in first to get to my account details right? I've checked all over the PS3 and there seems to be no way of starting anything. Frustratingly all the info from the PS Store and news about Japan pops up when my PS3 turns on. It's connecting to somewhere even when I'm not logged in, just can't get at the store or be online status.

So I'm screwed, all my money in the Japanese PSN gone, all the games I bought, gone, if I can't login they are effectively gone.

Anyone else had a problem like this? If so I would really appreciate any help or tips you guys might have.

Thanks in advance.

I think you're screwed. If you think about it the reason those fail safes are in place is so someone can't jack your account. If you used correct and accurate information for your account (a huge number of people have inaccurate information on their profile) you could see if you can send them some confirmation of your identity. You definitely should call them, don't waste your time with e-mail support, its usually crap.

Sony also updated there ToS in Europe at least that they could close accounts that had been inacive for 1 year. I don't know if Japan has this rule too, so you might be completely screwed. Still call customer support and try to get in touch with. I can't comment on anything in Japan as I have no idea what customer service is like their and my only experience of there is Kazuma Kiryu in Yakuza and that won't help you.

24 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Hello everyone, I think I've screwed myself over. Can't log into my account anymore, probably permanently.

If anyone has any advice it would be very appreciated.

Ok my situation, I have two accounts, enaysoft, enaysoftjp, first is UK account, second is Japan. I live in Japan but am from the UK, so I have both accounts. Since 2008, all good so far.

The second one enaysoftjp I haven't logged in for over a year, and when I tried a few weeks ago it won't let me in. No idea why, unfortunately the e-mail address I use for enaysoftjp, the e-mail domain and server,is gone without warning, gone forever and without my knowing it. No way I can resurrect a private e-mail server.

In order words if I use the "forgot password"  thing it delivers is to a dead e-mail. Presumably my account was suspended because the e-mails bounced? Anyway, I don't think the password is the issue, it has been saved on auto login for years, the password is obviously correct.

Anyway so this is my problem, I still have the account on my PS3, but I can't login. No way of changing my e-mail address because I need to use that login to get into my account. I have no Sony 2 step verification on either of my accounts. I've sent a message to Sony Japan technical (in Japanese) explaining my situation, no response. I sent of course my Japanese details, where I live etc, even e-mails of my latest transactions, I had those backed up somewhere. But nope, nothing. No reply...

What I need somehow is a way of resetting my e-mail address on my PS3, but I have to log in first to get to my account details right? I've checked all over the PS3 and there seems to be no way of starting anything. Frustratingly all the info from the PS Store and news about Japan pops up when my PS3 turns on. It's connecting to somewhere even when I'm not logged in, just can't get at the store or be online status.

So I'm screwed, all my money in the Japanese PSN gone, all the games I bought, gone, if I can't login they are effectively gone.

Anyone else had a problem like this? If so I would really appreciate any help or tips you guys might have.

Thanks in advance.

How long has it been since you emailed them? 

You can also try twitter, or facebook etc. 

I take it you don't speak Japanese so calling would be difficult. 

If your information was not your own, ie you just put in a random address before you moved there, ya it's probably gone. If you have a credit card attached to it, you have more information you can provide. 

Otherwise I had a similar issue when EarthLink got rid of email, and I had to prove identity with the site it was used for. 

Don't bother with the email service, you just need to provide information to PlaystationJp. If you can't speak Japanese well enough.... This could be a long fix for you. Sense you live in Japan I assume you have friends there that are fluent. I would ask them to speak as a translator for you. 

But again if you have little information on the account, it could be very difficult. If you faked the information, forget it, it's gone. :/

1 hour ago, Superbuu3 said:

Sony also updated there ToS in Europe at least that they could close accounts that had been inacive for 1 year.

This is like the old Hotmail rumor back in 2006 that Microsoft could close your account if you are inactive for 6 months. I don't know. I still receive emails from my spanish account every now and then. I haven't logged in this one for like... 5 years? So, I really doubt this, unless this change in the ToS is recent, that way, my spanish account could end closed in a near future. I don't care if I lose that account anyway.

Back on topic, I don't know how I could help you, OP. Sorry.
But here is an important lesson: never use untrusted email services that could end their services in any moment. Always use Gmail, Outlook, etc.

Edited by Katt

3 minutes ago, Katt said:

This is like the old Hotmail rumor back on 2006 that Microsoft could close your account if you are inactive for 6 months. I don't know. I still receive emails from my spanish account every now and then. I haven't logged in this one for like... 5 years? So, I really doubt this, unless this change in the ToS is recent, that way, my spanish account could end closed in a near future.

Back on topic, I don't know how I could help you, OP. Sorry.
But here is an important lesson: never use untrusted email services that could end their services in any moment. Always use Gmail, Outlook, etc.

Its not a rumour, you just likely hadn't heard about it as it never effected America. It was implemented July 2016, I was mistaken it was 24 months of inactivity. Your spansh account likely would be safe up to 24 months from that date. Even then the word 'may' was used in the ToS so they are just reserving the right too. I think they are doing this because the amount of dead alt accounts that are probably clogging up PSN. Anyway article here:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/08/09/new-terms-of-service-allows-sony-to-deactivate-inactive-psn-accounts/

EDIT: in fact I would suggest anyone with A european account to just log in once a year, unless you don't care if its shut down. People can argue that they wont close accounts, but unless your willing to stake your game collection that a company won't do what you legaly agreed they can do there's no reason not to.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

Its not a rumour. It was implemented August 2016, I was mistaken it was 24 months of inactivity. Your spansh account likely would be safe up to 24 months from that date. Even then the word 'may' was used in the ToS so they are just reserving the right too. I think they are doing this because the amount of dead alt accounts that are probably clogging up PSN. Anyway article here:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/08/09/new-terms-of-service-allows-sony-to-deactivate-inactive-psn-accounts/

well that sucks. You could have an accident, been in a comatose state and 10 years later wake up eager to play some games and bam! your account is gone. I'm joking (but who knows...?) Now, back into reality, OP should check the JP ToS to see if he can use something to defend himself. It's not rare to see big companies breaking their own terms.

7 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

Its not a rumour, you just likely hadn't heard about it as it never effected America. It was implemented July 2016, I was mistaken it was 24 months of inactivity. Your spansh account likely would be safe up to 24 months from that date. Even then the word 'may' was used in the ToS so they are just reserving the right too. I think they are doing this because the amount of dead alt accounts that are probably clogging up PSN. Anyway article here:

EDIT: in fact I would suggest anyone with A european account to just log in once a year, unless you don't care if its shut down. People can argue that they wont close accounts, but unless your willing to stake your game collection that a company won't do what you legaly agreed they can do there's no reason not to.

Exactly this ^

I had a Hotmail account terminated over 10 years ago by Microsoft because I did not log into it for a set period (can't remember how long it was exactly).

• Like 1

@enaysoft

Give them some time to reply your email. It took them (PS Southeast Asia support) 2 weeks to respond to my email. I know PS SE Asia and PS Japan support isn't under the same jurisdiction but I'm pretty sure PS Japan support will take some time to reply to your email just like PS SE Asia support. 

Edited by MSIA_pokwee

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments.
Yes, my account information is correct. It's at an address I used to live at, but since I've been living in Japan for 10 years there shouldn't be any particular reason.

I e-mailed Japanese technical support in Japanese, just like the western version of PSN, you have to ask and look at a ton of FAQs, continually trying to fob you off until you manage to get some sort of form to appear where you can attempt to talk an actual human.

I don't have a credit card attached to it unlike my UK one. I bought those 3000, 5000yen cards that you can get at the store, where you scratch off a panel and type in a number to get instore credit.

Due to the introduction of PS+ and Vita not being able to able to easily switch between accounts I started to fall out of love with my Japanese account. The Japanese yen got very strong and UK pound very weak, so it was literally cheaper to buy games in the UK store, especially since they were instantly downloadable.
I still buy games but only on Vita and not from the store and only for games that definitely have no DLC required for trophies.

As a result I found myself needing to log in the Japanese store less and less. Inactive free mail accounts I can understand, but I've paid money on that store and have provided actual personal and address details. If my account has been deleted because I haven't logged in for a while, then well, basically, that's bullshit. Nobody told me that would happen.

I still have a ton of those games from the Japanese store on my PS3, not to mention the trophy list. I even have all the e-mail correspondance that I've had with all my purchase history backed up. I can easily prove that I'm me. I mean, I have two accounts with practically the same name, and of course I have all the accounts of my other account as well (obviously)

This honestly just proves one thing. That everything going digital, what if Sony closes your account, or suddenly goes out of business? You lose everything. Most of the games I bought are Japan only, you can only ever buy them from Japan.

I have a few games on PS3 that are Japan only, digital only. Downloaded from the store and then played and platinumed / 100%ed on my UK one. It's easily to prove that it is me, but if there is now way of being able to log in, or get in touch with a human. Then it's stalemate.

I will wait for Japanese tech support, but it's been almost a month ago now.

7 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

If my account has been deleted because I haven't logged in for a while, then well, basically, that's bullshit. Nobody told me that would happen.

If its not in the japanese terms of service you'll be fine because they cant do something like that unless its written there. Just keep pushing forward if you have information on your account that shows its yours you should be able to get somewhere eventually barring the above situation.